The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 04/07/2022 at 20:57, SilentSparky said:

Picked this up yesterday, looking forward to using it at the weekend 🙂

20220704_182331.jpg

@SilentSparkylet us know how you get on with it. I bought one last year and was really impressed on the range, but have struggled getting a consistent set-up so haven't skirmished it yet.

Mine's completely stock and was flinging .3s rapidly and getting range, but a couple of mags have shit themselves (easy fix tbf) and now it's really hit and miss, literally.

Oh, and I got the Angry Gun suppressor without the tracer unit, and BBs just roll out of it. It's pretty loose so I think the rounds are probably bouncing off it. Looks cool AF though 😆

32 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Likely to be my final airsoft purchase of 2022

Oh fuck off. 😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That being said, I've literally just ordered some different leccy tape colours for just this reason. 

11 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Likely to be my final airsoft purchase of 2022 🤥, a Posca pen to help identify which mag is being a dick.

11 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

That being said, I've literally just ordered some different leccy tape colours for just this reason. 

I prefer to go for the ol' punch tape look...

Does the job also helps me keep track of mag rotation to make sure one mag just never gets used and one takes the most abuse etc..

16573586228357871224736108854193.jpg

1 hour ago, Khyber said:

I prefer to go for the ol' punch tape look

When I've filtered out the few dodgy mags I have the. I'll do the same.... Its what I have done with my drone batteries as well. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Oh fuck off. 😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope they're on expenses! 

20220709_133139.thumb.jpg.a68cd18b2e53fce480abf200e6b4e980.jpgPicked up an Amomax holster off ebay and a second osprey mag pouch to replace my old fabric mtp holster. Previous holster was OK but sagged away from the body a bit.

Got the mag pouch today (at the very very bottom of the bargain bin) at Quartermaster Surplus near watford, well worth a look if you find yourself on the A41.

Edited by Floperator

1 hour ago, Floperator said:

Picked up an Amomax holster off ebay and a second osprey mag pouch to replace my old fabric mtp holster. Previous holster was OK but sagged away from the body a bit.

Got the mag pouch today (at the very very bottom of the bargain bin) at Quartermaster Surplus near watford, well worth a look if you find yourself on the A41.

20220709_133202.thumb.jpg.df0f587600247bfe03e3a8ee349dd780.jpg

(No idea why the image is upside down, forum gremlins?)

Could be two um gremlins? 😉

On 08/07/2022 at 17:17, C-Diddy said:

@SilentSparkylet us know how you get on with it. I bought one last year and was really impressed on the range, but have struggled getting a consistent set-up so haven't skirmished it yet.

Mine's completely stock and was flinging .3s rapidly and getting range, but a couple of mags have shit themselves (easy fix tbf) and now it's really hit and miss, literally.

Oh, and I got the Angry Gun suppressor without the tracer unit, and BBs just roll out of it. It's pretty loose so I think the rounds are probably bouncing off it. Looks cool AF though 😆

So I used mine for half a day on indoor CQB yesterday, I was using 0.25s tracers as indoors and a tracer unit (Acetech Blaster). Gun completely stock, haven't even cleaned the barrel or lubed it. Chrono was 290-300 on ASG Ultraair green gas.

Thread adapter, I was using this https://www.leesprecision.com/cnc-machined-14mm-ccw-thread-adapter-for-tokyo-marui-mp7 , as I hadn't realised it came with one and had pre ordered the adapter before receiving the gun, it's a little shorter than the one supplied and fits well.

Very impressed overall, it was accurate and consistent although the ranges I was using it at were pretty short.  But I was able to zero in on door frames etc for people peeking. I have one mag with a very slow leak, so will reseal  #Gas huh 🙂

I just bought one of the iSoft Full Auto Tracer units being sold as "might work, might not, buy it as a suppressor" things from Airsoft World.  £8, so yeah, reasonable price for a standard suppressor.

https://www.airsoftworld.net/isoft-t-1000-tracer-unit-suppressor-14mm-ccw.html

Well consider this a Public Service Announcement, which might well apply to all tracer units...

The bore of this is much tighter than a standard mock suppressor.  It turns out my DE M905C doesn't have a perfectly aligned inner barrel - it's drooped(?) low - so when I test fired a few rounds through it, the BBs bounced off the inside of the unit, and flew off at disconcerting angles on the way down the garden!

Unfortunately I can see it's cracked the inner sleeve around the BB sensor so any chance I had of a tracer unit is probably gone... But, hey-ho... £8.  And it'll probably be fine on my other guns.  My Novritsch modular suppressor is absolutely fine on the DE, so it'll stay there.

@Floperatorwhat's your verdict on the amomax holster? I'm thinking of getting one for my makarov but can't find any reviews which aren't written by the shops selling them 

Edited by Cannonfodder

17 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

@Floperatorwhat's your verdict on the amomax holster? I'm thinking of getting one for my makarov but can't find any reviews which aren't written by the shops selling them 

Ran it last night for the first time and no complaints at all, retention was good and I didn't find the button release awkward. Didn't have to think about it at all, which is what I look for in a bit of kit. Certainly good for the price. Not sure if it fits the makarov or if it does if it will be as good a fit as the FNX, but Amomax have a list of compatible guns on their website. This is the AM-UH model btw.

You'll need to get a mounting plate if you want to put it on molle, it comes with an IWB pancake thing.

Thanks. I'm mainly interested in the build quality as they do a makarov specific model. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 08/07/2022 at 17:17, C-Diddy said:

With regard to the suppressor, that's a pretty common issue with those I believe but there's an easy fix as well, I haven't had a chance to give it a go just yet but:

image.png.7d1563a99d753c01268e268616018537.png

If you take this front cap off the gun, you'll be able to add some PTFE tape behind it to shim it and extend the length. The cap then pushes against the suppressor, raising it to the correct angle and stopping barrel strikes

3 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

With regard to the suppressor, that's a pretty common issue with those I believe but there's an easy fix as well, I haven't had a chance to give it a go just yet but:

image.png.7d1563a99d753c01268e268616018537.png

If you take this front cap off the gun, you'll be able to add some PTFE tape behind it to shim it and extend the length. The cap then pushes against the suppressor, raising it to the correct angle and stopping barrel strikes

This rings a bell. Pretty sure there's a vid on Ollie Talks Airsoft. I'll give it a go 👌

And here's the video

Edited by C-Diddy
Added YouTube link

Airsoft logic at its finest. I've lost my dynatex resetting tool and everywhere that sells them are out of stock

So I bought another bfg, afterall there's no such thing as too many bangy things 

Spiritus Systems Micro Flight Chest Rig

Spiritus Systems "The Thing" 2

Spiritus Systems "Cat Eye"

T-Rex Arms Thigh Strap v1

GP Gear ESSTAC KYWI Placard Adapter Kit

Combat Systems Tiger Stripe Pants

Primos Trigger Sticks

SF-DI Impact Training Grenade

Didn't post about my M14 when I bought it from the classifieds here, so making up for lost time... and just dropped through my letterbox is a holster (and MOLLE adapter) for my TM Hi Capa DOR

542335014_M14andPistol.jpg.e7e7df296a42ae80435141efbb5a08dc.jpg

It looks a bit like the Amomax holster from an earlier post, but it's an AliExpress special, so the thing is glued together rather than bolted, and the release button doesn't look as good... but it was cheap* and otherwise seems like it's good enough.

Holster: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001339411443.html

Adapter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001365697637.html

* The Amomax holster and adapters on eBay are actually cheaper than I thought, might as well save yourself a shipping delay and buy them, tbh.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons