The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

OK..   laugh all you want...

Was at the AI500 this weekend, and bought this little guy from ammo drops on site shop.

Tokyo Marui LCP2 NBB gas pistol.

All jokes aside,  I was actually able to get 8 confirmed and 2 possible kills (due to number of friendlies also engaging same handful of enemy players) with this little thing...   I may need to carry it more often

Bought for shits and giggles...   Best £80 I have spent in a long time

20221004_010303.jpg

Edited by Spartan09

9 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Happy painting! What compressor did you get?

Had this little 8L Hyundai down my shed for a year or so to run a small nailer/2nd fix while I was cladding a garden cabin:

image.png.0f971c9341293054a0334c0fed88a059.png

It's really quiet in use - not fridge-quiet like some can be, but is not loud enough to be offensive when used in the house - my missus hasn't moaned about it anyway!

I've got a table-mounted Sparmax regulator (same as what's fitted to their dedicated Airbrush Compressors) on the end of a 1.8m hose to the compressor -  I was told by a friend that builds models that putting a regulator directly on the compressor reduces the effectiveness of it's moisture trap? I have no idea if that's true of not but I followed his advice and it makes pressure adjustment quicker/easier. 

I want to put some Tamiya AFVs together - along with the odd Gundam/Sci-fi kit as well.

Took me 5 years to find one at a decent price but I finally have it..

Australian TBAS Tier 2 Gen3 in Multicam, Issued between 2010 and 2016, and still to some reserve units.

310667140_10162583980140620_1994168055184916593_n.jpg

15 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Had this little 8L Hyundai down my shed for a year or so to run a small nailer/2nd fix while I was cladding a garden cabin:

It's really quiet in use - not fridge-quiet like some can be, but is not loud enough to be offensive when used in the house - my missus hasn't moaned about it anyway!

I've got a table-mounted Sparmax regulator (same as what's fitted to their dedicated Airbrush Compressors) on the end of a 1.8m hose to the compressor -  I was told by a friend that builds models that putting a regulator directly on the compressor reduces the effectiveness of it's moisture trap? I have no idea if that's true of not but I followed his advice and it makes pressure adjustment quicker/easier. 

I want to put some Tamiya AFVs together - along with the odd Gundam/Sci-fi kit as well.

Never heard about a regulator affecting the moisture trap, but it sounds plausible.

On 03/10/2022 at 18:10, HuttArmouries said:

Picked up an auction lot of airsoft guns from what seems to have been a collector. Not a mark on any of them. All pristine condition and i am so damn excited for some of these. 

Great haul. What auction site was this?

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Never heard about a regulator affecting the moisture trap, but it sounds plausible.

As a former custom painter, he's right. Sort of.

The compressor will always create condensation because of humidity in the air, as the air direct from a compressor (and to an extent from its attached reservoir) is still warm from being compressed, moisture can be retained for a while before dropping out even with a moisture trap if it's mounted too close to the compressor. By extending the hose you increase the cooling time for the air so the dewpoint changes and more moisture drops out of suspension. THEN you put an extra trap on the far end of your airline to catch those (bigger) drops or even put one on the feed to your airbrush like this:

s-l500.jpg.bcf1e6b5f54c58c9d57b27fd5e216e78.jpg

Which is how I ran all of mine (although I had a QD fitting on the bottom too).

This is the compressor I used to use by the way:

2320880_1-1.jpg.99ec944274c24b0463fec335e207a48c.jpg

PROPERLY quiet. I used it in the spare bedroom of a terraced house built in the 60's (from cardboard and spit) and never had any complaints.

Stripping off after my last game, I pulled my Emerson G3 shirt (which I was only wearing for the second time) up over my head, somehow causing the complete and utter devastation of the wicking section. The thing looked like Freddy Krueger's wank sock, and my son was pissing himself at the look on my confused face and the handful of shredded cloth I was clutching.  

Not wanting to throw another £40-odd quid down the drain, I spent a bit extra and ordered a CUTS shirt from Platatac, having recently bought some Dax trousers from them and being very impressed.

The shirt seems to be of the same high quality as the trousers; tough material, solid zips, no loose threads and a really breathable wicking section. 

This definitely won't be the last purchase I make from them.

Well played Australia. Very well played indeed 👏 

20221006_192539.thumb.jpg.97a24dea15310c1673c013ce13d34316.jpg

On 04/10/2022 at 01:15, Spartan09 said:

OK..   laugh all you want...

Was at the AI500 this weekend, and bought this little guy from ammo drops on site shop.

Tokyo Marui LCP2 NBB gas pistol.

All jokes aside,  I was actually able to get 8 confirmed and 2 possible kills (due to number of friendlies also engaging same handful of enemy players) with this little thing...   I may need to carry it more often

Bought for shits and giggles...   Best £80 I have spent in a long time

20221004_010303.jpg

Nice! I love mine. It's actually a very skirmishable sidearm, very quiet and surprisingly accurate. The only problem is people sometimes don't realise they've been hit due to the low velocity 🤦

IMG20220917085116.jpg

I wanted a mandible for my helmet, and saw one dirt cheap on Amazon, that came with goggles that attached to it.

I figured the goggles would be shite, with no rating specified in the listing, but thought what the hell, the mandible is exactly what I want, if the goggles suck it doesn't matter.

Fixed it all onto the helmet, and fired some test shots at it from my QRF, at 20 feet, hopping.25s. 

To my surprise the goggles held up just fine, a few scratches but no buckling or dents.

The mandible, however.....

My own fault for buying cheap shit.

IMG_20221011_093510455.jpg

IMG_20221011_093518842.jpg

IMG_20221011_093515495.jpg

IMG_20221011_093527045.jpg

IMG_20221011_093530406.jpg

Oops….

I was just browsing the web and managed to buy a VFC/ Umarex H&K PSG-1 GBB DMR!!! 

I am a Gas guy through and through (3 TM MWS of varying guises) and was completely seduced by it!! It didn’t help that every review I read said how amazing it was!! Fingers crossed it is here before Sunday so I can take it to the FilmSim at Gunman Eversley.

so excited to get it now!!

On 01/10/2022 at 21:26, Enid_Puceflange said:

So,

Ive been searching for a decent kit bag after lusting after the 5.11 CAMS , but no danger can I justify the price for the real thing

So a few days after searching, a faceache advert popped up for a Chinese seller “Ali Express” style

bit the bullet and ordered one of these

Looks like they are using genuine 5.11 catalog pics for their advert

will be interesting to see what turns up 😂

53B28867-FD78-47FA-93A3-19723EC1C498.thumb.png.2a8bd1e1b9d85c90c4be7a338f334d52.png

Nice can you send me the link?

Thanks.

On 11/10/2022 at 21:45, GothicGhost said:

Nice can you send me the link?

Thanks.

If you type in the word “Tactical” into their search bar, quite a good selection of carrying kit/bags and PC’s appear

They are using the stock images from the genuine items, so god only knows what is going to appear😂

Mine is still to hit uk shores, I have a RM tracking number so it’s on its way and left the Shanghai region quite promptly.

I will pop up here what I get, half expecting a 1/72nd scale bag 😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

If you type in the word “Tactical” into their search bar, quite a good selection of carrying kit/bags and PC’s appear

They are using the stock images from the genuine items, so god only knows what is going to appear😂

Mine is still to hit uk shores, I have a RM tracking number so it’s on its way and left the Shanghai region quite promptly.

https://www.evfactue.com/products/tactical-backpack-3.0-186l

Thank you very much.

Let us know what it's like :D

edit

Looking at the store just looks like big scam website.

Edited by GothicGhost

So I made my first gun purchase in something like 15 months today. Just as a little present for myself. 

TM PX4 with spare mag. This is to go with my JLS RX4/ARX160 Italian loadout. 

IMG-20221015-WA0008.jpg

• Supporters
On 12/10/2022 at 09:49, Enid_Puceflange said:

https://www.evfactue.com/products/tactical-backpack-3.0-186l

I'll be very interested to see what arrives, this site popped up on my radar previously, I just assumed it was bogus as fuck & no one would be daft enough to throw money at them😜😝😛

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I'll be very interested to see what arrives, this site popped up on my radar previously, I just assumed it was bogus as fuck & no one would be daft enough to throw money at them😜😝😛

Well, whatever they have sent me has just cleared customs today

I kinda figured that paying by Apple Pay or PayPal, I was pretty much guaranteed the protection.

So hopefully I will see what it is next week 🤞

On 15/10/2022 at 18:21, Tackle said:

Yes I’d be very interested to see what turns up 

On 16/10/2022 at 19:12, Danno46 said:

Yes I’d be very interested to see what turns up 

I wish I received a 1/72 scale bag 🤦🏻‍♂️

An effing shart vanity mirror

only now I find the reviews warning of a total scam 😂

Not even big enough to take a line off ( if that was my scene)

1736DF79-38D7-4F17-8685-7AD2F1EDF19F.thumb.jpeg.a5ab88c1829415198dfd8a1c266d53f9.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I wish I received a 1/72 scale bag 🤦🏻‍♂️

An effing shart vanity mirror

only now I find the reviews warning of a total scam 😂

Not even big enough to take a line off ( if that was my scene)

1736DF79-38D7-4F17-8685-7AD2F1EDF19F.thumb.jpeg.a5ab88c1829415198dfd8a1c266d53f9.jpeg

Da Fuq 😲, how do they think they can get away with that shit ? 

On the plus side, it'll go lovely with your loadout 😘😜