The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

It must be a variant of the brushing scam but instead of sending junk to verified addresses from data leaks, they're just grabbing new users with too good to be true offers and switching up the products then writing fake reviews when it's delivered.  Looks like the kind of tat some IG "influencer" would try to hawk to their followers on some drop shipping site.

That or simply bait and switch and long drawn out refund/returns system that runs past the point you can do a charge back.

Edited by hitmanNo2

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It must be a variant of the brushing scam but instead of sending junk to verified addresses from data leaks, they're just grabbing new users with too good to be true offers and switching up the products then writing fake reviews when it's delivered.  Looks like the kind of tat some IG "influencer" would try to hawk to their followers on some drop shipping site.

That or simply bait and switch and long drawn out refund/returns system that runs past the point you can do a charge back.

I nearly got sucked in by an ad on FB last night, motorcycle dolly for about £40, nearest I could find them on eBay was around £200, all very professional looking until I got to payment, all direct payments, no options for Paypal or similar middlemen, thought fuck that, I'd have gladly paid a bit more if it meant I had peace of mind.

Pisses me off though when ads are all over fb, you know there's loads that will take that chance in the belief it's on the biggest social media site, it must be legit lol😏

Well I have finally got my hands on it!!

The Umarex/VFC H&K PSG-1 Gas blow back DMR! That title is nearly as long as the Rifle itself! This thing is huge!

I have just got back from collecting it from Combat South, thanks to Russ and Mark for sorting this out. Totally hassle free and the best ever customer service. I enquired with Russ wether he can get one and nothing was to much trouble. Ordered on Saturday and got it today (Thursday). No deposit or assurance needed as I have purchased off them before. Top bloke, top shop.

Anyway, I have fitted a Harris bipod on it and will be fitting the Scope from the Tarran TTR-1 MWS for now. I may have a look around for a TM copy of the original scope but the one I have with the low riser should do quite well for the moment. I also ordered another mag so I can head out to the field asap (taking the other half away to a Spa  Hotel this weekend to score some brownie points) so it won’t be for a week or so.

Anyway, I am going to gas this thing up and give it a go in the Garden. I have about 45m if I shoot diagonally so should get a good idea of how it shoots.

Oh and I took one photo with my TM MWS Block 1 for size comparison. The MWS looks like a pistol compared to it!

5A3A4682-CFA1-4D41-8947-BB6D4E2D6380.jpeg

62B858C4-091C-4F69-B177-E121EA97D5EE.jpeg

94EAC2EC-7A07-40B6-85AD-04DC435D9EB5.jpeg

C1E74468-0693-461C-9F9C-813573BB76A7.jpeg

12 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Lovely stuff ! High on my bucket list and if I’d pulled my finger out and stopped getting distracted I could of had one by now :) 

looking forward to the optic choice and test fire reports 👍🏼

Hey JimFromHorsham,

If you are indeed, as your name suggest, from Horsham then you aren't to far away from me, I am in Clanfield, just to the South of Woking. If you ever find yourself up this way you are welcome to come and have put a mag or 2 through it at the house. 

I quickly fired a few shots yesterday, the first shot just went about 20 feet and I thought oh....... well thats dissapointing. Pulled the trigger again and the next shot appeared to warp into another universe!!! Wow it has some power and was completely dead straight without touching the hop up! Holy poop balls this is going to be fun at the field. I will get the Chrono out today and see what it is shooting at on .4s

42 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Hey JimFromHorsham,

If you are indeed, as your name suggest, from Horsham then you aren't to far away from me, I am in Clanfield, just to the South of Woking. If you ever find yourself up this way you are welcome to come and have put a mag or 2 through it at the house. 

I quickly fired a few shots yesterday, the first shot just went about 20 feet and I thought oh....... well thats dissapointing. Pulled the trigger again and the next shot appeared to warp into another universe!!! Wow it has some power and was completely dead straight without touching the hop up! Holy poop balls this is going to be fun at the field. I will get the Chrono out today and see what it is shooting at on .4s

that’s a very decent offer , thank you ! The fatal flaw in the plan though is id come home and HAVE TO BUY ONE 😛 

I have the Umarex G3 and that has a fantastic kick to it so I can’t imagine the PSG1 being any less grin inducing :) 

A Western Arms Doberman 45.

Pretty much my all time "Unicorn" pistol due to it being WA and of an old desigen etc - despaired of ever being able to locate one.

Amazingly enough, i received a tip-off from a good friend that there was one being sold.

Grabbed it.

I'm a very happy chappy

20221021_093324.jpg

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

Pretty much my all time "Unicorn" pistol due to it being WA and of an old desigen etc - despaired of ever being able to locate one.

Amazingly enough, i received a tip-off from a good friend that there was one being sold.

Grabbed it.

I'm a very happy chappy

20221021_093324.jpg

Lovely gun. Makes me depressed for the early 2000s where I would buy and sell WA pistols for next to nothing because I got bored of them.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Grabbed it.

I'm a very happy chappy

I spotted that.  You got a very good deal there.

2 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

that’s a very decent offer , thank you ! The fatal flaw in the plan though is id come home and HAVE TO BUY ONE 😛 

I have the Umarex G3 and that has a fantastic kick to it so I can’t imagine the PSG1 being any less grin inducing :) 

I think that is the perfect plan! 

I have yet to fire it today but the 10 rounds yesterday showed it had a lovely kick and was pretty loud as well

Bought a few things over the last few days:

Direct Action Dust MkII backpack;

HSGI micro grip belt liner (hook Velcro version for my FRV belt);

Prommy BC 6.05 barrel for the tournament gun;

New nozzle for the AK;

Ticket To The Moon hammock straps and sleeve (yes, I do hammock camping from time to time);

A set of Mission Spec RackStraps Enhanced (padded shoulder straps for chest rigs) from the US of A.

Now firstly I am not a fan boi!! But I was in the market for a Plate Carrier. My criteria were - Lightweight (I previously had an issued Osprey Plate Carrier which weighed a ton and made you sweat like buggery) and that I could get a Hydration system to.

insaw that every one’s favourite Austrian had released a new camo so I had a look at it and quite liked it. Had a browse of the rest of his site and saw the Plate Carrier which has an open hexagonal plate and mesh panels to let the heat out. It also had a matching Hydration pack available so I pulled the trigger.

It turned up today and I am very impressed. It is solidly built and looks fantastic. I love the new Camo, I know some won’t and some may even not like it purely because Novritsch made it. Silly really if it is a good product.

lived the little pack that came with it with Stickers and a patch.

I agree that I now need to purchase the matching pouches from his site but I don’t mind that. In the meantime I am going to fit my multicam pouches. That will wind the Geardos up. 😂😂😂94955E64-23E3-48C1-AB35-A6B0A7B05715.thumb.jpeg.f7f552cb217a2c58bb950a7c5b67349e.jpeg4512AB35-473F-4ACF-A44D-EF4849F03E54.thumb.jpeg.bb8ef9b4bbe9e2d29a72ca68f660839d.jpeg8C88D055-2868-45C0-8AAC-1A1F6C7DFB75.thumb.jpeg.8d77af68921dac7bd449873766bcb539.jpeg

After building the Salient arms/URX M4 I’ve fallen in love with the old Western Arms magna system and bought a G&P SR15 CQB WOK kit 

amazingly, $240 from Airsoft Global.

On 17/09/2022 at 12:38, alxndrhll said:

A few bits ready for GC, y’know that moment you buy something knowing you’ll never use again. Yeah, that. 😂

How did you find GC?  I was supposed to go but after site and date changes and illness, our group was whittled down to just me and I didn't fancy that.  I really enjoyed the previous one at Camp Sparta but I was wondering how they could pull it off at Swynnerton.

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

How did you find GC?  I was supposed to go but after site and date changes and illness, our group was whittled down to just me and I didn't fancy that.  I really enjoyed the previous one at Camp Sparta but I was wondering how they could pull it off at Swynnerton.

It was decent, first longer form event I’ve been to for a fair while and it landed at the tail end of a hectic work week so I was shattered throughout. That aside it was well run and the attitude of players was in-keeping with what I’d be led to expect at GC events. As with anything airsoft I tend to land on the group of players attending is what will make or break it, fortunately this landed on the ‘make it’ side of the fence. Assuming I head to more I’ll definitely be booking the day before and day after off, lesson learned 😂.

23 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

It was decent, first longer form event I’ve been to for a fair while and it landed at the tail end of a hectic work week so I was shattered throughout. That aside it was well run and the attitude of players was in-keeping with what I’d be led to expect at GC events. As with anything airsoft I tend to land on the group of players attending is what will make or break it, fortunately this landed on the ‘make it’ side of the fence. Assuming I head to more I’ll definitely be booking the day before and day after off, lesson learned 😂.

Glad to hear.  And yeah.  Booking off the day after is advisable.  Day before is handy too.  Especially if you have a considerable drive and you're like me and think "I really should pack the weekend before" and then never do and leave it to the last minute ha.

Well, been a good few years since I last had a gbbr so I thought id get the only one that seems in stock anywhere with mags also available and picked up the Army R36 (G26c) for £160 and only £29 a mag it seemed silly to not go fo.

Never actually had a g36 before so will be interesting to see how it feels. Got a game booked in at dogtag Airsoft so will get to really test the gun out in the different fields they have to offer.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

His and hers hi capas

IMG_20221028_181257.jpg

If you really loved her you'd have bought her a TM 😜