Gun picture thread

M_P

24 minutes ago, EDcase said:

There really is NO other option 😁

Well we could take off and nuke the entire site from orbit 😁 But since I am very easily led and have no will power to resist, a pulse rifle it will be then 😂

Just got to decide what to do with the grenade launcher. Cut down shotty ? one of those mini grenade launchers intended to go under a pistol ? moscart launcher ? not sure about that last one as I want to keep it looking correct.

26 minutes ago, EDcase said:

...and if you don't like it I'll take it off your hands 🖐

You sure like the ugly ones 😂😂😉

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Nick G said:

Just got to decide what to do with the grenade launcher. Cut down shotty ? one of those mini grenade launchers intended to go under a pistol ? moscart launcher ? not sure about that last one as I want to keep it looking correct.

If you want to keep it correct, it's a shotgun. IIRC it's an 870 with a spas12 handgrip on it.

My little creation. Since I couldn't find the metal G&P rail kit I improvised to make M11a1 as useful as possible still maintaining slim shape (that is why there are no side rails).

Used it last weekend and it was cracking fun. 

It is bit of a ugly duckling and won't be everyone's taste but it works perfectly for me and it is Daddy's Lil Monster ;)

20230218_212816.jpg

20230218_212836.jpg

20230218_212845.jpg

20230218_212804.jpg

• Supporters

You're probably thinking "what the heck is this half-a-job you're posting here man??" and that's quite understandable 😂  Many years ago I decided I wanted to do just 1 built of a regular V2 AR AEG that was pretty much tip-top, about as good as possible, or as good as I could get anyway.  Spreading the cost over years and only buying the best parts as and when they were available.  At first I thought I'd begun around 5 years ago, turns out after checking my e-mail archives that I bought the receiver set May 2016 and the handguard way back in July 2015 (which was the starting component as best I can recall).

First I got those key externals together, then sent them off to a machinist/tech work buddy probably a little before the rona happened.  He finished off the gearbox/hop and inner assembly and I collected the base just last week in order to finish off the last few little outside bits that I can competently do myself.. maybe.  Though they're some of the trickiest as this is an actual (Jaws music): scratch build.

IMG_2717.thumb.JPG.58515852c6d57c4b136eed1f5c2f102e.JPG

Not sure how many other people might've seen this particular RIF being offered before, but this whole gun uses the same receiver set and as depicted I have the same pistol grip, but I wanted my own choice of more modern internals, different barrel length/handguard and to generally cherry pick every little bit of the gun.

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_52&products_id=32248

Would it have been easier overall to buy one of these or even any G&P AR and gradually swap everything?  Quite possibly, I know most folks strongly discourage scratch builds and I would too frankly and won't do another most likely just because this was such a mammoth project already.  But it's been a fun and interesting process too, so I look forward to posting up more when it's done and maybe asking some of you folks to help me out finding some really tiny bits that one cannot usually or maybe raiding your spares bins here and there even anyone wants to be super helpful lol.

*DISCLAIMER* All my guns are boring, I know.

Slight update on my Specna C-02:

eu9s2GC.jpg

Decided to go for a much lighter front end while keeping the 260mm inner.

Internally I've replaced the old workhorse Perun Optical for a Perun Hybrid, removed one extra tooth (-3 total) from the sector gear to keep the power down (94 m/s on a 0.2, 0.9J) and swapped cylinder head.

I now "need" a new motor and maybe a red dot (thinking Vector Maverick + Unity Fast riser clone, decent sub €100 setup).

Edited by Skara

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I’m not happy with the stock, thinking of doing it same as the lower receiver, what you think?

Definitely, otherwise it looks like a "bitsa" gun, half finished 🤔

• Supporters

I feel like this optic mount is a bit much...

IMG-7239.thumb.jpg.feabc4cd733a52a3340258624a32b4bf.jpg

4 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I know what you mean.it looks like it's fallen out with the the gun lol but I have one on my gun and it does help with sighting especially if you wear a helmet.ive got used to mine now and it just seems natural for it to be there.

Regards

8 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I wasn't sure at first and now really struggle to play without using one, which in some pattern of psychological bias now means I love how they look.. brains are fun. In terms of looks, my personal opinion is the fact its the 'FDE' one makes it look more off than if it was a black one. You've got the whole FDE and black thing going on, but it's too much FDE. IMO they also look better further forward, generally as far as you can get them before you hit the handguard but obviously eye relief means that may not be possible.

TLDR, it's look better if it was black and further forward.

P.S. I'd also be kicking that torch into the furthest forward slot if it were me.

P.P.S. The rug makes this photo 1000x harder to process for my eyes.

On 22/02/2023 at 19:53, TheFull9 said:

You're probably thinking "what the heck is this half-a-job you're posting here man??" and that's quite understandable 😂  Many years ago I decided I wanted to do just 1 built of a regular V2 AR AEG that was pretty much tip-top, about as good as possible, or as good as I could get anyway.  Spreading the cost over years and only buying the best parts as and when they were available.  At first I thought I'd begun around 5 years ago, turns out after checking my e-mail archives that I bought the receiver set May 2016 and the handguard way back in July 2015 (which was the starting component as best I can recall).

First I got those key externals together, then sent them off to a machinist/tech work buddy probably a little before the rona happened.  He finished off the gearbox/hop and inner assembly and I collected the base just last week in order to finish off the last few little outside bits that I can competently do myself.. maybe.  Though they're some of the trickiest as this is an actual (Jaws music): scratch build.

Not sure how many other people might've seen this particular RIF being offered before, but this whole gun uses the same receiver set and as depicted I have the same pistol grip, but I wanted my own choice of more modern internals, different barrel length/handguard and to generally cherry pick every little bit of the gun.

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_52&products_id=32248

Would it have been easier overall to buy one of these or even any G&P AR and gradually swap everything?  Quite possibly, I know most folks strongly discourage scratch builds and I would too frankly and won't do another most likely just because this was such a mammoth project already.  But it's been a fun and interesting process too, so I look forward to posting up more when it's done and maybe asking some of you folks to help me out finding some really tiny bits that one cannot usually or maybe raiding your spares bins here and there even anyone wants to be super helpful lol.

I'm selling some of the exact same parts as your build I think. Condition is no way close to your build though.

On 22/02/2023 at 19:53, TheFull9 said:

This build is very similar to one I am actually selling on the off chance you're interested. Condition is no way near to what yours is at though.

Excuse my plug