The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 21/06/2023 at 13:37, Duff Beer said:

The Ares Elcan Red Dot arrived today from overseas.  That finishes the build (well, until a proper grip pod comes up at a sensible price)

IMG_3030.jpeg

Great minds.... 

AJFCJaX6s8NOTQgkcTJEy4pehnOK3KT1oIz8zGfU9Jql5lGCohSP_YwS9dMhem_ua51qR6E8H75ELDZZ5fGIm5Xb-rYvNo9kpBuV6DzTUvDKzHYdYJqiC8LYI_NW0CkqHIDjoZmU5oOFTtcqKBR1bwc3Hv4L09FazsK7lNfMf4g39KbvWQ6Kr5p7H14PJ1vVCG8E2y88yp5tpnvbHrIrzUhUfYpK5B66T1e10tyeoWdYG9tzwrrGmOStxJEjX_cQusGRUxdVRJaYykbv6A8PMuctg-WQ87KACsQ0F41DYcZYlsAHC9dEu6PNMOu3ZqIfV21064XVCrfgb65oYJ0doiTceeTpN-vj754BGCiOcmYeHH8FBfhwhRax8rf0aL2oEm2Oa52AeeQbKgTlaSAf8nSK9slCYLVDo-BigxMtSosDp86Y64YnxhhyJbNL5_JokOEQrgzKm2LCxgnk012esREhwWL3YUKIzZr0CcVDeILQz1_ur8g5YWcJhqpTp1VueQ8bwq_rVQpNtQstCBmfyQieiI_xoTlB0i6p8BXKVIkYm4dC3JRxj43uV5JE0-xAioX2XsPhucvLtcTcnmlg3_HGyO2lgI8-pfd6c1vuP0oA7pf4CXZ1SFKBn3gbZeKN7tguLW13_fDHCS1skEOBPQ-UyrFx-i79IMZ0UvAsfeGp-eCpFNVb1vPFQu2RYyiSja2XDoRD0uVdZVnSVMt6kVJjMZfutqLlVTfLVozlliT430RYA7UGuq5RVWt0y5hcBhw0efgRLzFzrZNG7ZCIP1bwMmgggx3lICDGKmXRhHOCvx2U93J5t9P0jRq1F0L0dGhPJV2DeMTvJDbxPn0qCFbaVN1jLh2kx2RimyWk9h6oJKX7FPGgKGBioP-lwUuYelpl_q3nEsj5axbQz_0JWjbiENJV8pJgR0lgXpBk5Cbdl6n_09GLk0OeLEPgoxG7E7M=w1324-h993-s-no?authuser=0

Edited by Dan Robinson

On 21/06/2023 at 13:37, Duff Beer said:

The Ares Elcan Red Dot arrived today from overseas

Do you have a link for the site you used please?

15 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

I got it from WGC (I thought I’d go old skool as nobody here had one)

Thanks for that.

Just arrived this morning: WE Samurai Edge Gen 2 bought from @Daveoc33 <- big thanks. The mag is gas tight as it still arrived with some left for me to fire it full auto for the giggles.

IMG_20230628_114349.thumb.jpg.015ea154613644e734321c62cbb829d7.jpg

IMG_20230628_114356.thumb.jpg.ad59862b02459a03625092b49d1f8d72.jpg

IMG_20230628_114414.thumb.jpg.6b550e50fe37377cbfb9ca5d2159d089.jpg

This thing is clean with very few signs of wear. Stripped it already and the inner barrel looks like it's never had a BB through it. I plan on clear-coating the emblems on the pistol grips to preserve them as i've heard these can wear away quickly. One issue i've noticed is that it looks like the hop isn't being applied centrally (when looking down the barrel) so I probably need to strip the hop unit and have a play with it however i'm going to replace the bucking with a new one due to the potential age of the stock one plus buckings have likely massively improved since this was released.

Edited by MrTea

I know the whole John Wick thing has been done to death but just could not resist a proper Pit Viper kit. This included everything needed for a scratch build (not in picture includes hop and barrel, BBU, nozzle, springs and a few other items). Just arrived from Boomarms.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a8ad20f81d42157825cb2d5e75ef0a9.jpeg

* DeltaMike Mini V2

Really pleased with this, been using rental masks til now and this feels another level of comfort. Leaves my massive nose exposed but I’ll take that. 

* Revision Bullet Ants 

Bought 2 pairs for me and the boy. I have a feeling these are going to fog up instantly for me but we will see. 

* Flecktarn/Bulle M4 chest rig

I wasn’t planning to spend anything on military wear, but for a shade under £50 this feels so much better than the generic backpack I’ve been using til now. 

3rd game this weekend so hopefully I’ll be able to spend even more money once UKARA registered. 

On 01/07/2023 at 19:57, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Revision Bullet Ants 

Bought 2 pairs for me and the boy. I have a feeling these are going to fog up instantly for me but we will see

Cat crap is your friend here*

*it's a brand of anti fog products, leave the kitty litter tray alone

54 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

*it's a brand of anti fog products, leave the kitty litter tray alone

Thanks, unfortunately both pairs didn't make it through half a day before the rubber fell apart so they are pretty much bin fodder at this point.  

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Heard good things about it so I think I will try some. 

2 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Thanks, unfortunately both pairs didn't make it through half a day before the rubber fell apart so they are pretty much bin fodder at this point.  

Were they new from a shop? If so I'd be demanding a full refund as they were obviously not fit for purpose

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Were they new from a shop? If so I'd be demanding a full refund as they were obviously not fit for purpose

This!  It's PPE, it's up to the job or not!

Decided to give 'teching' a go for the first time since starting airsoft almost 11 years ago now.

Soldering Iron starter kit from the component shop. I know there are better soldering iron options out there but I'm balling on a budget at the moment.

3 x sets of Deans connectors from the component shop. My G&P is still wired to mini deans from the factory, and my 249 + m14 are mini and large tamiya respectively.

from the Cage airsoft:

ZCI 363mm 6.02mm barrel

ZCI Shim set

Air-pad AEG Cylinder head Pad

Maple Leaf Omega Nub.

Xcortech x3200 from Airsoft zone

Still to buy:

Maple Leaf Macaron

Viton Green O-ring

Cyma White FMR (Full Metal Rack) Piston

Super Lube and Liquid Silicon Oil. No idea what the former is, but can anyone advise me if my DIY approach to the KOA deluxe service doesn't work out.... is super lube latex safe? 😳😂

5 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Alas no, they were both used from eBay.  Lesson learnt there!

Probably fakes then

8 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Alas no, they were both used from eBay.  Lesson learnt there!

Why on earth would you buy second hand eyepro?  You only get one pair of eyes!

Nothing too exciting this month, just a Cyma railed AK gas tube on my LCT AIMS. Tempted to swap the outer barrel/gas block/front sight for an AK104/5 length for a Romy Draco build. Aside from that saving for my next AK build, which will have to utilise a Gas RIF because I can't see how I'll build what I want with an AEG and get it to work. Any want to trade a brand new Lego Millenium falcon 75192, for a GHK AKM? 😬

20230707_133431.jpg

• Supporters

Finally got myself a Maruzen VZ61 scorpion …. Wanted one for ages, and it literally just appeared in my local shop (of all places!) …. Now I just have to wait for the mags from redwolf (only place I could find with them in stock)