The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

re-evaluate my kit before I end up losing more stuff. 

Open top pouches need to be good, otherwise you're going to lose all sorts of things..

Not worth losing a €30 magazine because you saved €10 in buying a shit pouch over a good one :D

Guest Mr. No_Face
3 minutes ago, Skara said:

Open top pouches need to be good, otherwise you're going to lose all sorts of things..

Not worth losing a €30 magazine because you saved €10 in buying a shit pouch over a good one :D

Yeah, I'm willing to spend the extra money on better pouches and a much needed retention holster. Also forgot to mention I actually dropped my one and only TM MWS mag which I forgot I was carrying. That would've been 50 quid flushed down the shitter. Luckily my team mate quickly caught up with me handed back. It's honestly a miracle I went home with all my equipment.  Typically when I lose something at woodland sites it's gone for good.

7 hours ago, goon1001 said:

The patrol base one? I hesitated too long... hope its good for you. 

No it was from a classified on another site, cost £80 to buy and after changing out the rubber and hop unit it works a treat

3 hours ago, Skara said:

I have never had an issue with my viper tactical chest rig using the matching elastic mag inserts. May be cheap but they hold the mags extremely snug. Though i do want to invest in some Kydex to make some mag inserts as indexing them into the elastic inserts is a bit tricky as they are that tight.  Nice and small too. Don't fancy a plate carrier, seems too cumbersome to me.

4 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Yeah, I'm willing to spend the extra money on better pouches and a much needed retention holster. Also forgot to mention I actually dropped my one and only TM MWS mag which I forgot I was carrying. That would've been 50 quid flushed down the shitter. Luckily my team mate quickly caught up with me handed back. It's honestly a miracle I went home with all my equipment.  Typically when I lose something at woodland sites it's gone for good.

I moved to Esstac Kywi pouches for my MWS mags. Awesome in all respects so I got a pistol pouch for the Glock and that's mustard too.

Recently bought a C2R rifle nugget for my belt, which is very good too, although I prefer the height of the Esstacs (I have the mid-length) but that's maybe because I'm paranoid about losing a £50 mag! 

I bought the TMC Safariland clone and find that retains my Glock really well. May not be ideal for your style of play though. 

58 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Flannel daddy approved.

Assuming the rating on those is good for pew?

Not these ones, but I've ordered a different pair which are

Guest Mr. No_Face
14 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I moved to Esstac Kywi pouches for my MWS mags. Awesome in all respects so I got a pistol pouch for the Glock and that's mustard too.

Recently bought a C2R rifle nugget for my belt, which is very good too, although I prefer the height of the Esstacs (I have the mid-length) but that's maybe because I'm paranoid about losing a £50 mag! 

I bought the TMC Safariland clone and find that retains my Glock really well. May not be ideal for your style of play though. 

I'm looking at a number of things you guys suggested since I'm gonna be running my TM MWS primary for the first time next week. I really can't afford to lose those mags. But hey, the good thing is I will be forced to play a more calculated style so I wont be sprinting and sliding around as much so that's a +.

In regard to my Glock, I have a belt rig with taco pouches I could use to secure them properly but more importantly I really need a retention holster that will lock my pistol in without me having to button it back up every time. I'm always going back and force between primary and secondary and sometimes forget to secure it especially under pressure.

I have an Fma faux kydex one for my Glock 17, and a Kydex Customs for my FNX45. 

Both hold the guns equally as well if I am honest.  If I was able to have gotten an Fma for the FNX45 , I would have. 

Screenshot_20220317-160423_eBay.thumb.jpg.61e20b39f802350a373c183d31f852b6.jpg

PSX_20211009_120519.thumb.jpg.f8f0143cdde48daec93292ae6fa07727.jpg

Edited by MagpieTactical

3 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm looking at a number of things you guys suggested since I'm gonna be running my TM MWS primary for the first time next week. I really can't afford to lose those mags. But hey, the good thing is I will be forced to play a more calculated style so I wont be sprinting and sliding around as much so that's a +.

In regard to my Glock, I have a belt rig with taco pouches I could use to secure them properly but more importantly I really need a retention holster that will lock my pistol in without me having to button it back up every time. I'm always going back and force between primary and secondary and sometimes forget to secure it especially under pressure.

Although I'm not much of a run-and-gun-type of player (more plod-and-pew) I've had the odd moment where I've had to get a shift on, and the Esstacs have been brilliant. They aren't cheap but weighed against the cost of replacing lost mags and I can justify it.

The Safariland clone (6354DO) retains the pistol by the ejection port and releases with a thumb lever. You can adjust the tension and I have to say it's very smooth and instinctive to draw. You do need a weapon light on this model though otherwise it won't retain as well, if at all. 

12 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Now I can do science too

20220316_213444.jpg

garand-thumb.gif.ffc24ed53eeb80e81468dfe5d48784f6.gif

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

D.R.U.M T.I.T.T.I.E.S Boy!!

Instructor Earl is my hero, screw that Garand chap 😂

More of a Lucas kinda guy. I kinda like that civilian in arms look and and ethos of it's fun to use these for training. But hopefully will never have to do it for real. But whilst were at it, who can beat ther personal best. It makes me more  confident in my own training and disciplines.

Edited by Khyber

• Moderators
On 09/03/2022 at 19:56, djben9 said:

Few patches off eBay, fancied some new ones on my sleeve’s for the school run 😂😂

And I got some more 😂😂

also renewed my radio license for another 5 years

• Supporters
On 18/03/2022 at 17:25, djben9 said:

And I got some more 😂😂

Ben, where's the feckin pictures, remember the guy who said he'd bought all those top of the line guns but we never saw the pics🤔, where's he now😏

hiding-invisible-no-nope-whatbreed-5622825216.jpg

Genuine comp m4 and magpul ms1 for the golden eagle as well as a 3 round burst kit and a kill flash for the aimpoint.

Some new bolts so i can run my romeo 5 in absolute co witness on my smg8 with the strike industries mount.

16477245360811241383680741747837.jpg

1647724569044316241424681338111.jpg

16477245902523112253922328586673.jpg

16477247298421885340956645132089.jpg

16477247473599034863481750924434.jpg

Edited by Mad-Al

@Mad-Althat's a nice paint job on the SMG 8.

I managed to pick up a pair of mechanix fast fit gloves for £12 posted from amazon 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

@Mad-Althat's a nice paint job on the SMG 8.

Cheers man!

First attempt at kryptek using the shooters designs templates, it turns out they dont stick to krylon massively well but im really happy with the results for a first attempt