The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

45 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Hope it works pal. I was contemplating putting it on my 416 but think I'll stick to the clone EoTech and magnifier.

That's the 3" mount isn't it? Do you mind me asking where you got them both from?

Yep 3" got them both from patrol base. 

Guest Mr. No_Face

She just arrived. I've finally joined the church of GBBR and can now congregate amongst the elite. Just kidding but my AEGs now seem pretty useless to me all of a sudden😁

thumbnail_IMG_5563.thumb.jpg.88cd87100f2d958b5b81ac396f2098b1.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

She just arrived. I've finally joined the church of GBBR and can now congregate amongst the elite. Just kidding but my AEGs now seem pretty useless to me all of a sudden😁

Outstanding

22 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Sweet. Now to start wondering what RS parts will go on it cos, just cos 😁

Guest Mr. No_Face

I know you're not really supposed to shoot this with green gas but the kick is too phenomenal not to. Green gas makes this thing kick like a mofo and I love it.🤙

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

Sweet. Now to start wondering what RS parts will go on it cos, just cos 😁

Luckily I have a bunch of RS spare parts at hand here💪

Edited by Mr. No_Face

5 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I know you're not really supposed to shoot this with green gas but the kick is too phenomenal not too. Green gas makes this thing kick like a mofo and I love it.🤙

Luckily I have a bunch of RS spare parts at hand here💪

From what I have read, it is fine on green gas but certain springs may eventually go but when they do just upgrade to 150% replacements. I think most people use green gas. 

After two attempts with the AAP-01 I've fucked it off back to Patrol Base.

I may try one again at a later date, as everyone raves about them, but this impractical beastie gave me a gun stiffy, so.....

IMG_20220304_183308536.jpg

6 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

And now the money pit really opens up! If you're not already, get yourself familiar with Impulse101 for original TM spares, and welcome aboard. 

P3060004.thumb.JPG.14ae4b955c8050bc6ca38ad2bd570b9d.JPGAirsoft Artisan suppressor for my L119 A1 GBBR . Very nice bit of kit, much more solid than the Angr Gun one and the correct early pattern for the A1

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

P3060004.thumb.JPG.14ae4b955c8050bc6ca38ad2bd570b9d.JPGAirsoft Artisan suppressor for my L119 A1 GBBR . Very nice bit of kit, much more solid than the Angr Gun one and the correct early pattern for the A1

I have handled a rs version on numerous occasions. The aa version is the correct version for all l119 iterations I believe. However the colouring and “weld” on the shooty end let’s it down. When I had one of these; fire ate it all up, I got a glue gun, filed the high parts of the “weld” and put a glue bead all the way round in a “welding “ fashion then sprayed the whole thing in colours of my rif…looked soooo much better dude. 

27 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

I have handled a rs version on numerous occasions. The aa version is the correct version for all l119 iterations I believe. However the colouring and “weld” on the shooty end let’s it down. When I had one of these; fire ate it all up, I got a glue gun, filed the high parts of the “weld” and put a glue bead all the way round in a “welding “ fashion then sprayed the whole thing in colours of my rif…looked soooo much better dude. 

My understanding is that while the L119 A2 has been seen with this style can ,the later version without the weld bead and a different locking collar is more common for the A2 (more like the Angry Gun one) .

I'll probably do a bit of work on the 'weld' and do a bit of paint on the can, but it'll basically stay black to match the RIF 'cos #Black Guns Matter !

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

My understanding is that while the L119 A2 has been seen with this style can ,the later version without the weld bead and a different locking collar is more common for the A2 (more like the Angry Gun one) .

I'll probably do a bit of work on the 'weld' and do a bit of paint on the can, but it'll basically stay black to match the RIF 'cos #Black Guns Matter !

Yeah think they using the newer collar. But kept the body.  Like a hybrid legacy thingy. 

Edited by SBoardley
Spelling

7 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Breaking my last one was an expensive mistake

20220308_085913.jpg

3o84sCEktZAjG9flte.gif.db7947a76d822378246c935f99c5964f.gif

What happened?! 

7 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

May I suggest a lens protector from red dot engineering on Ebay. Only £9 and he will custom print the size to fit if he doesn't already have one for that torch. I had one made for my torch. Just slides on with friction fit.

20220215_115245.jpg.ea11b097be505b17e7ce3078be60a677.jpg

20220215_115307.jpg.b115523082636cef09d992d67e826dca.jpg

He actually has one listed already for the x300 type 1 or 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unbreakable-Airsoft-Sight-or-Torch-Protector-Custom-Sized-Lexan-Lens-Black-Tan-/294273163040?

10 minutes ago, Khyber said:

May I suggest a lens protector from red dot engineering on Ebay. Only £9 and he will custom print the size to fit if he doesn't already have one for that torch. I had one made for my torch. Just slides on with friction fit.

20220215_115245.jpg.ea11b097be505b17e7ce3078be60a677.jpg

20220215_115307.jpg.b115523082636cef09d992d67e826dca.jpg

He actually has one listed already for the x300 type 1 or 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unbreakable-Airsoft-Sight-or-Torch-Protector-Custom-Sized-Lexan-Lens-Black-Tan-/294273163040?

Just ordered one from Kydex Customs... have one already on my M640DF

Guest Mr. No_Face

working on the externals of my TM MWS before I get to gucci'ing the internals.

• Bought a cheap AFG
  •  TriRock Riser mount

Got a PTS Rainer Arms Raptor charging handle and a 45 degree rail mount on the way. Will be mounting a back up RMR on this.

351348500_MWSM4A1.jpg.64fcbbc79f5b16cce9a342f080023537.jpg

644245665_mwsm4a12.jpg.9abf270d92d660326cd5591de1a7b935.jpg

5 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

What a pisser 

3 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

working on the externals of my TM MWS before I get to gucci'ing the internals.

• Bought a cheap AFG
  •  TriRock Riser mount

Got a PTS Rainer Arms Raptor charging handle and a 45 degree rail mount on the way. Will be mounting a back up RMR on this.

351348500_MWSM4A1.jpg.64fcbbc79f5b16cce9a342f080023537.jpg

644245665_mwsm4a12.jpg.9abf270d92d660326cd5591de1a7b935.jpg

It's your gun and you do what you want, but there's no need to go too mad on internals. I put in the SixG brass nub and left it at that, but you may want different things, so crack on.

Externally there were only two things I felt I had to change; the grip and trigger guard. The rest I just changed because I could 🤣

Guest Mr. No_Face
8 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

It's your gun and you do what you want, but there's no need to go too mad on internals. I put in the SixG brass nub and left it at that, but you may want different things, so crack on.

Externally there were only two things I felt I had to change; the grip and trigger guard. The rest I just changed because I could 🤣

Oh no, I'm very happy with the out of box performance. I only have 3 upgrades planned and these are mainly for longevity.

• The sixG brass nub as you mentioned
  • G&P Aluminium buffer to replace the plastic one
  • and something to increase the fps a little. You guys who are more experienced with this platform can tell me what that may be.

The only external part I didn't like was the charging handle. I found that my grip would slip off when using it under pressure; Something a Raptor charging handle will fix due to it's hooked ergonomics.

In regard to the pistol grip; I can tolerate that for now although it's not the most comfortable.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

27 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

The only external part I didn't like was the charging handle. I found that my grip would slip off when using it under pressure; Something a Raptor charging handle will fix due to it's hooked ergonomics.

In regard to the pistol grip; I can tolerate that for now although it's not the most comfortable.

I got (in my opinion) a sexy as fcuk for relatively little ££ charging handle from Amazon for my GHK, needed two minutes of filing to make it a perfect fit

Slapped some real steel Magpul bits on it too for extra tartyness 😎

BEBC7B5C-A845-4911-B66B-3D5FFDAEF79E.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Guest Mr. No_Face
39 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I got (in my opinion) a sexy as fcuk for relatively little ££ charging handle from Amazon for my GHK, needed two minutes of filing to make it a perfect fit

Slapped some real steel Magpul bits on it too for extra tartyness 😎

BEBC7B5C-A845-4911-B66B-3D5FFDAEF79E.jpeg

She certainly is a sexy little thing AND practical might I add. Those hooks serve a purpose🤙

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I didn't like the pistol grip at all. Quickly changed it to a real steel FAB Defense AGR 43. It has a larger girth and is rubberised. Feels great with or without gloves and very grippable. Perfect fit without mods.

16468239373595837295254133413736.jpg

Also in regards to bumping the FPS. I have ordered and awaiting an RA-Tech NPAS. Then able to control the FPS as the temperature changes and boost it from stock FPS. Not yet tested obviously but when it arrives I will post about the results.