The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest Mr. No_Face
3 hours ago, Khyber said:

I didn't like the pistol grip at all. Quickly changed it to a real steel FAB Defense AGR 43. It has a larger girth and is rubberised. Feels great with or without gloves and very grippable. Perfect fit without mods.

16468239373595837295254133413736.jpg

Also in regards to bumping the FPS. I have ordered and awaiting an RA-Tech NPAS. Then able to control the FPS as the temperature changes and boost it from stock FPS. Not yet tested obviously but when it arrives I will post about the results. 

The stippling on that grip looks awesome. I think I'm gonna have to grab me one of these since there are a few in stock, plus I'm going for that black and tan scheme for my rig.

I'm also keen to hear how that RA-Tech NPAS works.

10 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

The stippling on that grip looks awesome. I think I'm gonna have to grab me one of these since there are a few in stock, plus I'm going for that black and tan scheme for my rig.

I'm also keen to hear how that RA-Tech NPAS works.

I also have this FAB Defense PTK foregrip. The picatinny version isn't rubberised but the mlok is. Super comfy angle and very good purchase with your hand. Much more ergonomic than magpul.

16468385701091977825386469612886.jpg

Will tag you of I remember when I post the NPAS results.

7 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Oh no, I'm very happy with the out of box performance. I only have 3 upgrades planned and these are mainly for longevity.

• The sixG brass nub as you mentioned
  • G&P Aluminium buffer to replace the plastic one
  • and something to increase the fps a little. You guys who are more experienced with this platform can tell me what that may be.

The only external part I didn't like was the charging handle. I found that my grip would slip off when using it under pressure; Something a Raptor charging handle will fix due to it's hooked ergonomics.

In regard to the pistol grip; I can tolerate that for now although it's not the most comfortable.

Sounds sensible enough pal. NPAS should help you on the fps although I don't have one, so can't speak from experience.

I went with a Magpul MOE+ grip and trigger guard, and this has a PTS Radian charging handle. Like you I'm not a fan of the original.

I'm replacing the Crossfire red dot with a Crossfire 1-4x scope. Just waiting on the mount.20210927_185917.thumb.jpg.4b181e6a549d35975e7185ed8fdc768a.jpg

• Moderators

Few patches off eBay, fancied some new ones on my sleeve’s for the school run 😂😂

Just bought:

2x TM mk23 mag

1x T1 low mount

3x Specna Edge (BLS) 0.28g bbs

2x Cyma M-Lok mp5k style grips

1x Midwest Industries 6" M-Lok handguard (for the AAP SMG)

1x universal valve key (+ bonus AR-15 front sight adjusting tool)

1x Airtech gearbox holdy things

1x FPS V3 tappet plate

1x FPS V2 tappet plate

Took this off @Asomodai's hands ....

1884679636_AUGwithmags.jpg.f4cf6dfaee39ee52d5077890ed054b12.jpg

TM High Cycle pushing out ~25rps.   Oh dear, broke the '20 is plenty' rule, making me a hypocrite.  In my defence, m'lud, I was getting owned up by the HPA'ers last time.  This won't give me the range but at least it'll compete on rate of fire.   I might stick an amplifier on it, see whether it freaks people out :D

Edit: Got to say this has the best fake bolt action of any AEG I've meddled with so far, a really nice metallic 'clickety-clack' when pulling and releasing on the charging handle.

image.png.77471db4d6a1b12d95f2550e260df5be.png

I wish more gnus would pay attention to that!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Edit: Got to say this has the best fake bolt action of any AEG I've meddled with so far, a really nice metallic 'clickety-clack' when pulling and releasing on the charging handle.

image.png.77471db4d6a1b12d95f2550e260df5be.png

I wish more gnus would pay attention to that!

You need an M14 in your life.

Bought a rubber bayonet for my Lee enfield, along with a rubber commando Dagger for a ww2 loadout,  both from vintage airsoft.

Also bought a Webley from @strykerles that has a couple of issues needing rectification...  something to tinker with at the weekend.

20220310_010723.jpg

20220310_010623.jpg

13 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Also bought a Webley.... 

In that case I hope you're going to add another replica stabby thing to the collection 

https://www.vintageairsoft.co.uk/product-page/pritchard-greener-bayonet-for-airsoft-webley-mkvi

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

In that case I hope you're going to add another replica stabby thing to the collection 

https://www.vintageairsoft.co.uk/product-page/pritchard-greener-bayonet-for-airsoft-webley-mkvi

I am considering that bayonet...   but before I spend any more money, I need to see if I can fix the faults on the webley to get it in skirmish condition

Decided to get a torch with a red LED.  Filters always dim modern torches too much.  

Beam is a bit wide, but the smart charger actually works, and it seems robust enough.  

I bought the cheapest one on ebay, I am sure you can pay far more for the same with a different branding.  

20220311_200015.jpg

• Supporters

They really do look nice don't they, its a shame there's issues 😕

Just received an RA-Tech MWS NPAS. :) should hopefully be able to boost the FPS in the colder weather now and adjust through out the year. 

16470923399236431861191840015165.jpg

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

They really do look nice don't they, its a shame there's issues 😕

“Issues” is an understatement.

Miss World levels of decent to look at, zero usability 🤣🤣 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

“Issues” is an understatement.

Miss World levels of decent to look at, zero usability 🤣🤣 

Take the battery out, put your own dot on it with a sharpie, simples 🤣

Just ordered this:

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/vortex-sparc-solar-red-dot2-moa

I have had enough with 'reproduction' optics. They are so hit and miss in finding a good one unless you are lucky that the warranty easily covers the relatively small difference in cost.

FUCKING FINALLY!

Found a King Arms PDW stock in FDE, 2nd hand for €27 posted...

I have never paid something so quick lol :D

On 14/03/2022 at 15:46, strykerles said:

Bolt M4 recoil with knackered hop unit

hope it's just the hop unit that screwed...............

The patrol base one? I hesitated too long... hope its good for you. 

Just bought a buffer tube QD sling mount. The tab that slots in the buffer tube was not long enough so the mount rotated around the buffer tube. So left the original end plate on and sanded down the tab that fits into the receiver so that it fit snug up against the original end plate and fits perfect. Now I can sling up properly. :) it's the little 'QOL' parts that make a big difference.

also got some triangle QD swivels as fits the slings buckle better than the flat QD swivels

20220316_155844.jpg

16474466456353906813260330171717.jpg

Edited by Khyber

Guest Mr. No_Face

Bought a second MWS Block1 magazine from firesupport. Gonna be skipping airsoft this weekend to stock up on a few of these as well as some new gear for the following week. Boy was last week's game day an absolute shit show.... Lost 2 mp7 magazines, 2 Glock magazines and my actual Glock 17. Luckily with the help of the marshals I managed to retrieve everything before the day was over. Won't be running a universal nylon holster again. Retention only from this point forward.

Still waiting for the PTS radian Raptor charging handle to arrive.🤙

thumbnail_IMG_5697.thumb.jpg.9c514d43189a314a0ab3f146e1b7c33f.jpg

Good to hear you found all your kit. That would have been a right downer for you. You obviously get a bit energetic then.lol

Regards 

Guest Mr. No_Face
3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Good to hear you found all your kit. That would have been a right downer for you. You obviously get a bit energetic then.lol

Regards 

Yeah a little too energetic at times and I'm always in low profile positions so gear always ends up sliding out of pouches. There isn't a picture you can find of me at any event where I'm actually standing upright lol

SHOW1.jpg.d48dcdf1d4180f5804b3a5ff5acc7334.jpg

SHOW2.jpg.fb87c5a00bb59dcc289474eec8b76ed8.jpg

Losing the Glock in a patch of tall grass was the final straw from what started off as a great day. After that I considered it a sign from the airsoft heaven's to stop playing, go home and re-evaluate my kit before I end up losing more stuff.