The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I picked up the WE Hi Capa Dragon 7" Type A.
An old gun, and definitely not to everyone's liking, but I think it's pretty.

There's a lack of decent videos in English for this sidearm, so I put one together.
I can't stand unboxing videos where they talk about every little feature, like "It has stippling on the grip". No duh! It's a video mate, we can see it.
So this is just a very simple look at the gun.

It may be blowing a hoolie out there today, but it hasn't stopped DHL and the local postie! 

Finally sourced some OG-style Cyma metal mid caps (Tiger111HK taking just over a week from order 🤜) a multicam tropic Spiritus-clone chest rig from Weapon762 (again, just over a week from order), a TMC panel I wanted for the kydex SMG insert, which, sadly is as much use as tits on a fish at retaining GBB MP7 mags (cheapy elastic insert will be procured instead) and a few Bio BBs to test.

Still waiting on a couple of Baofeng UV5-Rs, which I do have an Ofcom licence for, before the ham wankers get triggered, and also a lens protector for for an Eotech. 20220218_132841.thumb.jpg.9d305fbbf215d4e1f0b87e0951c255fe.jpg

Edited by C-Diddy

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

That sound you can hear is me rubbing my hands together in glee.

Oh I see...

image.png.406438eae83b83dc469efa39ac071e94.png

... Hairy palms? 

:D

5 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Me too

20220219_102323.jpg

Fancy! 😍

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Oh I see...

image.png.406438eae83b83dc469efa39ac071e94.png

... Hairy palms? 

:D

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, the power has been out since 3 yesterday, so I've got to do SOMETHING to entertain myself and stay warm.....

And that something is the Secutor 😉

IMG_20220219_154658587.jpg

Another little delivery this morning. Baofengs, one with an extended battery and antenna, and a sight protector for the Eotech from Red Dot Engineering 

20220219_170245.thumb.jpg.5f63a3501bd3d7e04be4d5858eef47f0.jpg

7 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Me too

20220219_102323.jpg

That looks mega mate 🤌

42 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Unexpected gnu in bagging area...

This really was unexpected... I drive past Action Hobbies a couple of times a week, so keep up to date with their Clearance and Bone Yard specials... saw this yesterday, made an offer on it, and now it's mine...

image.thumb.png.ea9a96905da4ff376c532efc947e8b97.png

It's a dead JG S-552, normally retails ~£160, I got it for £50. 
Why buy a perfectly good gun and break it, when you can buy a broken one and break it some more!

I've not had a chance to take it apart, but it's a V3 gearbox (my 'speciality')  Thanks to all my recent tinkering I've got a spare motor and two (count 'em - thanks @Adolf Hamster) trigger units (which is what Paul at AH thought is the problem), so I think I've got a fair chance of fixing it.  If I can, I'll have a tidy little back up gun.

Picked up a decently large padded gun bag for a tenner too.

That's an awesome find. Hope you get it working. It's many years since I've tinkered with a gearbox, but my first was a JG v3..... unfortunately I don't have 3 hands so it was a wretched experience.

11 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

That's an awesome find. Hope you get it working. It's many years since I've tinkered with a gearbox, but my first was a JG v3..... unfortunately I don't have 3 hands so it was a wretched experience.

Cheers :)  I don't have 3 hands either, and my first attempt to put a gearbox back together (thanks to a particularly awkward trigger spring on the F2000) took 7 hours.  Now I can do it in 5 minutes thanks to the jig I built (now improved with extra bolts to hold an allen key in the spring guide, and a dowel rod to hold back the nozzle + tappet plate, as that was pushing the shims off the top of the sector gear)

image.png.50b8c0d935129ac4a2409a2403bb134d.png

10 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Thanks to all my recent tinkering I've got a spare motor and two (count 'em - thanks @Adolf Hamster

JG Sigs use Medium length motors rather then short or long types. 

13 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

JG Sigs use Medium length motors rather then short or long types. 

Thanks for the heads-up on that, hopefully the motor is ok!
I did pull it apart tonight.  The gearbox was jammed up.  I re-assembled and everything seemed fine, except for a wobbly motor wire to the trigger.  Like an idiot I wobbled it more (like a kid with a loose tooth) and the connection snapped.  So I've disassembled again, fitted a spare connector.  And then found the shimming was off.   A couple of shims found on my desk had pinged out without me noticing.  That's me for the night.  So tomorrow I've got some soldering to do, and a shim job, and then I'll see if it kicks into life.

I must admit now - I have no idea how all the bits for the fire selector switch fit back together.  I hope there's a decent video out there!

Oh, and that comment about me being able to put a V3 back together in 5 minutes?  Call that 'pride before a fall'.  For some reason this particular gearbox has had its own awkwardness that meant I spent more than a little time trying to get it back together.  Which is why that broken connector was pretty damned annoying.

The one definite forward step is I've rubbed down and re-painted the bright green bits with my Halfords green camo, should look nice with the dark grey receiver when it's all back together :) 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Thanks for the heads-up on that, hopefully the motor is ok!
I did pull it apart tonight.  The gearbox was jammed up.  I re-assembled and everything seemed fine, except for a wobbly motor wire to the trigger.  Like an idiot I wobbled it more (like a kid with a loose tooth) and the connection snapped.  So I've disassembled again, fitted a spare connector.  And then found the shimming was off.   A couple of shims found on my desk had pinged out without me noticing.  That's me for the night.  So tomorrow I've got some soldering to do, and a shim job, and then I'll see if it kicks into life.

I must admit now - I have no idea how all the bits for the fire selector switch fit back together.  I hope there's a decent video out there!

Oh, and that comment about me being able to put a V3 back together in 5 minutes?  Call that 'pride before a fall'.  For some reason this particular gearbox has had its own awkwardness that meant I spent more than a little time trying to get it back together.  Which is why that broken connector was pretty damned annoying.

The one definite forward step is I've rubbed down and re-painted the bright green bits with my Halfords green camo, should look nice with the dark grey receiver when it's all back together :) 

It's kind of endearing, like adopting a rescue puppy. You'll turn that poor broken two tone horror into a gleaming fully functional rif. Post pics when it's done. 👍

Just arrived from Brownells. An AR-15 Tekmat, Strike industries dust cover and best of all, a Strike industries multi angle pistol grip. Going to experiment with different angles at UCAP Vendetta this weekend.

20220223_091828.jpg

20220223_090752.jpg

20220223_091756.jpg

20220223_091653.jpg

• Supporters
7 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

It's kind of endearing, like adopting a rescue puppy. You'll turn that poor broken two tone horror into a gleaming fully functional rif. Post pics when it's done. 👍

Or he'll end up with an absolute horror that constantly shits itself whenever the Nine o'clock News comes on. Either way it'll be an adventure!

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Or he'll end up with an absolute horror that constantly shits itself whenever the Nine o'clock News comes on. Either way it'll be an adventure!

My money's on this tbh 😅

Guest Mr. No_Face

Gearing up for this Saturday:

• Bought  a Theta Optics 4x32 Acog Scope
  • Decided to ditch my battle belt due to all the wobbling and shifting about for a Helikon tactical belt.
  • OneTigris drop leg panel
  • Spare glock mag

thumbnail_IMG_5320.jpg.62f4bc48a92b30330589ba5003326c53.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5319.jpg.61e27d13df5dda2bd1ba17d2c0a730a5.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5321.jpg.1f868499d95694e598628f3791a4bffc.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5322.jpg.f7648ece4b842c1148cd370068374724.jpg