The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

9 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Ermmm... that's what catches us dinner.  It's my lurcher! 

Don't ever go for your FAC Dan.  You'll end up with a freezer full of cats.    😉🤣

Oops.... On the screen I was looking at, it looked like a small deer LOL

@Impulse I'll be interested to hear how you get on with running a chest rig + belt, as it's a combo I'm considering, as I too am finding the heavy GBBR mags (and / or bags of BBs in my pouches) are quite a thing to deal with (my belt has a harness but being slightly fat it must still be moving around a lot so I was giving everyone a flash of my bright-red-not-very-tactical boxers on Saturday whenever I was grovelling around for cover!)

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

@Impulse I'll be interested to hear how you get on with running a chest rig + belt, as it's a combo I'm considering, as I too am finding the heavy GBBR mags (and / or bags of BBs in my pouches) are quite a thing to deal with (my belt has a harness but being slightly fat it must still be moving around a lot so I was giving everyone a flash of my bright-red-not-very-tactical boxers on Saturday whenever I was grovelling around for cover!)

Running it today worked really well. The belt stayed where it was meant to with 4 pistol mags on one side and a pistol on the other, then the chest rig with 3 spare m700 magazines moved a little, but it was far less and easier to deal with than when the belt wobbles all over the place. As long as you spread the mags out across belt and chest rig I think it works out.

Well, only my second skirmish & loved it again & knackered again...

Played 4 games over the day (there were more after I left) and pleased to say our team won all 4 of those, even happier that I got as many kills as I got shot in each game. Spent most of my last game laying in wait to defend our base from bombers & despite lots of inactivity from me I was still knackered.

Met some other newbies & we were all knackered but still seemed to enjoy the day.

In game 1 & 2 I ran my trustyish polymer Scar-L & wore a new MTP 'battle belt' with molle pouches & felt a difference in weight imediately compared to my ebay PLCE purchase, but as I'm 6'4" tall and just as wide I still found myself stranded like a turtle with a great view of the treetops & blue skies after a tactical roll, a couple of handfulls of grass later I was back on my belly doing my best to look more like a slow moving shrubbery. Unfortunately I broke the folding stock of my Scar after that as I face planted while 'attacking' so it'll have some tactical gaffa tape on it's next outing (sure I have some snipers tape in a cupboard somewhere).

Games 3 & 4 I'd planned to use my G36 and wearing a tactical vest I'd kitted out with G36 mag pouches (if you know, you know), but the G36 wasn't playing ball at the chrono (was told it was prob coz the mid caps were too full (another lesson learned)), so I swopped the mags for M4's and ran the broken Scar-L instead (playing with a folded stock or a wobbly stock wasn't ideal).

Conclusions from today...?

I'll need to put less bb's in my g36 mags & think I'll bring some high caps too next time as I still want to try my G36, found out I prefer playing in a belt kit to a vest, the lunchtime burger was pretty good but the biggest lesson learnt was... don't dry fire in the safe zone to test the battery even without a mag in (SORRY folks, my bad).

13 hours ago, Shamal said:

Took a nice leisurely drive down to Bournemouth today to play at camouflage Airsoft.1st visit.

Nice big,shady carpark.

Short(ish)walk to registration and met by a cheery chap called John who signed us in and gave us a warm welcome. Thanks John👍

Local players were friendly and made us feel welcome and in the field, hit taking was excellent with compliments on good shots🙂

First impressions of the safe zone was'wow". It was well laid out,clean and organized. Built in toilet block, on site shop and an abundance of free tea and coffee 😁

Chrono station was nicely set up and doubled as a shooting range.(nice touch).

Game play was simple but different with games played back to back.The terrain,I found, was very arduous and unforgiving with steep,loose climbs great for the gazelles and mountain goats among us but not much fun for arthritic tortoises like me lol.

Plenty of well laid out cover and the building were amazing.

Racked up my best kill rate including two bollock shots to the site photographer. His fault for pointing a camera at me and not wearing a hi Vis vest!

( I have promised to by a pic as way of apology)

Marshals were friendly, approachable and put themselves about.

Overall a great day but exhausting.

Will definitely be going again.

Thanks camouflage Airsoft 👍and thanks @C-Diddyfor the heads up👍

regards 

Glad you had a good time pal. Only sorry that we couldn't be there yesterday. 

Next time.

Went to a small site in Chesterfield on Saturday.

Took my son and a friends Son and now my friends son wants to go again with all his friends...

Job done.

Our April Dartmoor wildlife sighting; definitely not a deer.

IMG_20230408_135614.jpeg

Edited by Colin Allen

23 hours ago, Impulse said:

but our team did really well pushing the middle and the other side, so we took up positions and awaited the counter attac

Wait, so. Not headed to start location for the turn around gaining an unfair advantage against an advancing team...

Clarify this one for me, please....

22 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Well, only my second skirmish & loved it again & knackered again...

Glad you are having fun 

22 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Conclusions from today...?

You need to hydrate more....not to be preachy but the chances are you were underwatered and didn't replace electrolytes/salts. It is one of the biggest reasons for that "knackered" feeling.

4 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Wait, so. Not headed to start location for the turn around gaining an unfair advantage against an advancing team...

Clarify this one for me, please....

Not sure what you mean? We pushed them out of the base and then had to hold it for the rest of the game so me and my friend took up a position on the flank.

43 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

You need to hydrate more....not to be preachy but the chances are you were underwatered and didn't replace electrolytes/salts. It is one of the biggest reasons for that "knackered" feeling.

Possibly  but I did drink plenty fluids between games, I was more likely to have been knackered due to my 21 stones, my 1968 birth date & a general unhealthiness but thanks for your concern.

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Possibly  but I did drink plenty fluids between games, I was more likely to have been knackered due to my 21 stones, my 1968 birth date & a general unhealthiness but thanks for your concern.

Ha!  Youngsters today have no stamina!

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

May, well not be enough... I got through 9 litres plus on Saturday, went for a notional pee once, and was still peeing treacle the next day.  But it's not just the liquid you need to replace as @gavinkempsellsaid. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

May, well not be enough... I got through 9 litres plus on Saturday, went for a notional pee once, and was still peeing treacle the next day.  But it's not just the liquid you need to replace as @gavinkempsellsaid

You wanna call a plumber mate, sounds like you need some fernox in your pipes🤣

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

May, well not be enough... I got through 9 litres plus on Saturday, went for a notional pee once, and was still peeing treacle the next day.  But it's not just the liquid you need to replace as @gavinkempsellsaid. 

I've drunk a gallon during a game day and I'm a lot less mass to hydrate.  Another player gave me some hydration tablets, they really work or at least feel like they do.   

11 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Our April Dartmoor wildlife sighting; definitely not a deer.

IMG_20230408_135614.jpeg

Adder guess, i'd say it were a snake ...

5 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I've drunk a gallon during a game day and I'm a lot less mass to hydrate.  Another player gave me some hydration tablets, they really work or at least feel like they do.   

For hydration you need the water soluble electrolytes, I got a bottle of elete 240ml, you only need add a couple of 2.5 ml to a liter of water. You can add a flavouring after if you prefer flavoured water, there is a limit on how much to take in one day, according to the bottle, 25ml max per day. I paid £15 for it from Amazon.

Had a fun day today at Survival airsoft. Hard faught games with fair play all round. 50 odd players and no agro, although one lad did ask his mate if I was his grandad !  Although his mate answering 'I wish' took the sting out 🤣 

GBBR L119 perfomed faultlesly as ever a mate ran my GBB MP7  but the box mag on my aeg 249 jamed . Bloody electric airsoft guns !

Cracking day today

Weather was awesome until lunchtime then it just chucked it down 

Ghk ran a dream in the heat

Even had Duke from RedWolf Airsoft come out to play and did a give away 👌

On 19/06/2023 at 19:23, Impulse said:

Not sure what you mean? We pushed them out of the base and then had to hold it for the rest of the game so me and my friend took up a position on the flank.

Ok cool, thanks for the clarification, wasn't clear that it was same game after clearing the base. In which case well done on the high kill count

On 19/06/2023 at 20:03, gavinkempsell said:

Lol, two responses to this 1. Fair enough or 2. Excuses excuses! 

As @Dan Robinsonsaid, a sports drink that helps boost the salts and minerals lost through sweat can make a difference but hydration is a process that can take days. I am also aware I sound preachy, sorry for that.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

It was hot.

Very hot. 

@Lozart was there and he was also very hot. 

Wait, what?

You love it, you cheap tart.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Cheap? CHEAP?

Ah, who am I kidding?

Cracking times were had though. Sim has footage of the first game, featuring the best team name in history, ever!