The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

I would normally be going to the Nam game at Gunman but I only want to play the Saturday, getting rid of the single day tickets has completely ruined it for me.  That being said, I will go to both days of the Cold War games....

7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I think that the best load out was the civilian in jeans and plain blue shirt.  I expect that is how millions of urban Vietnamese dressed in the 1970s!  

See you the weekend (until the game starts and you disappear...)

Oh, so that's what you mean by low effort... That makes me feel better about my stuff then 🤣

Jeans and shirt were clever.  I expect that a lot of Tet Offensive VC dressed similar. Black cargoes and hoody are definitely not 70s though.   

Ah, that makes sense. I was picturing the tacticool milsim plaid and jeans look which something tells me wouldn't fit 😅

7 hours ago, Impulse said:

Ah, that makes sense. I was picturing the tacticool milsim plaid and jeans look which something tells me wouldn't fit 😅

Now that would have bloody funny!

Just came back from a weekend of Gunman 'Namsoft up at Eversley Alpha and it reminded me why I do airsoft and why I love this hobby so much. Got a lift up with the usual pair I go airsofting with, one of whom is a pretty avid camper so it was as comfortable as it really could be camping in the woods and ended up having a great time. Met up with a bunch of people, old and new faces alike, and we ended up camping next to our resident @Tactical Pith Helmet and his family.

However, it was a good time in a strange way because I didn't actually play much. I had rampant anxiety on the Friday night as Friday was a sweaty day due to the heat, having a wander around the site to get the lay of the land etc, and my mind was constantly like "hey, your heart could start doing its weird stuff again" even though I'm pretty damn confident I solved that problem. This meant I didn't get a wink of sleep and thus I couldn't play on the Saturday as I was absolutely drained as soon as I got out there, then on the Sunday I realised that being 20kg heavier (again, this was caused by my heart thing earlier in the year) and wearing pretty heavy, thick, all black kit in this weekend's weather was a recipe for disaster. I just... couldn't play, no matter how much I wanted to. It was truly disappointing! "So how was it a good time?" I hear you ask. Well, the social side was fantastic. I absolutely loved chatting with everyone, talking k98s with TPH and just seeing airsoft how it should be played, and I'm not talking about the filmsim roleplay parts; there wasn't rampant cheating, or people throwing their toys out the pram (too much) or people yelling about getting overshot. It was just a good weekend of BB wars and I was all for it. Also Josh, the organiser and owner of Gunman, is a joy to be around. That man has boundless energy and always loves for his games to just be a good time. I'm not the biggest roleplayer, for example, but that's never been a problem. As long as my kit looks good and my weapons are period-accurate, I'm never made to feel unwelcome just because I don't yell "GO HOME GI" at the top of my lungs (though it was very amusing for the otherwise silent forest to be punctuated by such yells that I could hear across the entire site while I was trying to sneak up on people).

Fun parts where I actually played were fun though. I left my guns in our regen and took a radio that I tucked into my trousers, heading to a US-held area. I told them I needed to pass through the village and they searched me, but they didn't find the radio so I headed on through and... proceeded to relay their numbers and positions to my fellow freedom fighters. Then on the Sunday I managed to stalk through the bushes and take out four Americans with just a pistol by shooting and then moving.

However, my 1911... in the words of Darth Vader, "you have failed me for the last time..." It just wasn't performing great, even though it was perfect weather for gas pistols. I've tried to make it good, but this was the last chance I was giving it, so moving forward I will run the AAP (it's converted to a Ruger .22) and the mac11 as a backup secondary (since the mac10 was used and they look the same, just slightly smaller)

The really good things that came out of the weekend were:

• Social
  • Josh being Josh
  • Reinforcement that my heart thing is solved because it didn't happen on any night and every day was full of stuff that would've normally set it off, just my mind was telling me "oh but it could" all through Friday night
  • Top quality airsoft for the 2 hours I played
  • Learned that I need to revisit my kit for Nam games to make it a bit more practical
  • Gave me a kick up the backside to lose weight and get fitter

I'll let Mr. TPH give you a more accurate rundown of how the games went, but even from the perspective of me, a person who had basically everything conspire to stop me from playing, the weekend was fantastic and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

Just came back from a weekend of Gunman 'Namsoft up at Eversley Alpha....

However, my 1911... in the words of Darth Vader, "you have failed me for the last time..." It just wasn't performing great, even though it was perfect weather for gas pistols.

That is great to hear that you had fab weekend and are looking forward to the next. I do like Alpha as a site, need to get back there soon....

Anxiety and that little voice can so so much damage some times. Glad to hear the ticker is sorted.

Dare I ask what the brand and issues with the 1911 are? That pistol platform is on the "list" (but quite far down)

23 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Dare I ask what the brand and issues with the 1911 are? That pistol platform is on the "list" (but quite far down)

TM, and it doesn't clear a full magazine on a single fill of gas if I'm shooting it fast, but it does shoot fantastically well while it does. I do have higher standards for my pistols, since I tend to run scoped long guns that aren't practical for close range or moving around, but not being able to squeeze through an entire mag is just a deal breaker for me.

That said, other people have better luck with their TM 1911s, but mine just doesn't seem to work well at all :( 

Having collected the lad from University on Friday, this morning we set off for Airsoft Plantation, equipped with water bottles laced with screech and, in the lad's case, a Camelback.

Around 170 players were present on what was a very hot day.

The first game required the attackers (us, being the blue team, in the first leg) to collect two smoke bombs from the DEA base and the new village and transport them to the village where one bomb had to be set off in each of the two double storey buildings.  Our regen was on a marshal 30m behind us, while the defenders had one life in each of DEA base/new village/the firebreak/the village.  Out attacks seemed to go rather slowly, with us eventually setting off both bombs in what seemed like a very long time.

After a break for drinks and ice lollies, the game was switched around.  Our defence of the DEA base and new village seemed to collapse really quickly due to some brilliant flanking moves by the red team.  However, we held them at the firebreak in a series of extended engagements, during which the SLR once again proved that it is not the ideal weapon in dense undergrowth.  Unfortunately, the lad was grenaded by fellow blue players, who were only 3m behind him; well done chaps!  Eventually falling back from there, we fought an all round defence of the village until being overrun; to my surprise, the reds had taken longer to complete the mission than we had.

After more drinks and ice lollies, we played a game which required both teams to transport their VIPs across the mortar pits to the safety of a marshal who would be located where the other team had started from.  Each player except the VIPs had two lives, while the VIPs had infinite regens on the marshal where they started from.  I am not sure what happened to the red team, but we pushed forward and got our VIPs to their objective, while they did not manage to do so.

Following lunch, which involved more drinks and ice lollies, we played a domination game across most of the scrubland part of the site.  This was a challenging game, partly due to the heat and partly due to the nature of the AP site, which lends itself to sneaky infiltration tactics, with groups of players popping up in unexpected places.  The QBZ97 proved its worth in the scrubland, being much easier to manoeuvre than the SLR and more than capable of holding its own in the open.  At the end of the game, we held two points, while the reds held three :(.

There was another game after this but, along with quite a number of other players, we decided to leave due to the heat, especially as the lad was developing a headache.  Despite that, it was a typically excellent AP day!

Weapons used:
Me:
Ares SLR (morning)
Real Sword QBZ97 (afternoon)
Milbro M1911 Classic

The Lad:
LCT AS VAL (morning)
JG BAR 10 (afternoon)
ASG Commander XP18

11 hours ago, Impulse said:

Just came back from a weekend of Gunman 'Namsoft up at Eversley Alpha and it reminded me why I do airsoft and why I love this hobby so much. Got a lift up with the usual pair I go airsofting with, one of whom is a pretty avid camper so it was as comfortable as it really could be camping in the woods and ended up having a great time. Met up with a bunch of people, old and new faces alike, and we ended up camping next to our resident @Tactical Pith Helmet and his family.

However, it was a good time in a strange way because I didn't actually play much. I had rampant anxiety on the Friday night as Friday was a sweaty day due to the heat, having a wander around the site to get the lay of the land etc, and my mind was constantly like "hey, your heart could start doing its weird stuff again" even though I'm pretty damn confident I solved that problem. This meant I didn't get a wink of sleep and thus I couldn't play on the Saturday as I was absolutely drained as soon as I got out there, then on the Sunday I realised that being 20kg heavier (again, this was caused by my heart thing earlier in the year) and wearing pretty heavy, thick, all black kit in this weekend's weather was a recipe for disaster. I just... couldn't play, no matter how much I wanted to. It was truly disappointing! "So how was it a good time?" I hear you ask. Well, the social side was fantastic. I absolutely loved chatting with everyone, talking k98s with TPH and just seeing airsoft how it should be played, and I'm not talking about the filmsim roleplay parts; there wasn't rampant cheating, or people throwing their toys out the pram (too much) or people yelling about getting overshot. It was just a good weekend of BB wars and I was all for it. Also Josh, the organiser and owner of Gunman, is a joy to be around. That man has boundless energy and always loves for his games to just be a good time. I'm not the biggest roleplayer, for example, but that's never been a problem. As long as my kit looks good and my weapons are period-accurate, I'm never made to feel unwelcome just because I don't yell "GO HOME GI" at the top of my lungs (though it was very amusing for the otherwise silent forest to be punctuated by such yells that I could hear across the entire site while I was trying to sneak up on people).

Fun parts where I actually played were fun though. I left my guns in our regen and took a radio that I tucked into my trousers, heading to a US-held area. I told them I needed to pass through the village and they searched me, but they didn't find the radio so I headed on through and... proceeded to relay their numbers and positions to my fellow freedom fighters. Then on the Sunday I managed to stalk through the bushes and take out four Americans with just a pistol by shooting and then moving.

However, my 1911... in the words of Darth Vader, "you have failed me for the last time..." It just wasn't performing great, even though it was perfect weather for gas pistols. I've tried to make it good, but this was the last chance I was giving it, so moving forward I will run the AAP (it's converted to a Ruger .22) and the mac11 as a backup secondary (since the mac10 was used and they look the same, just slightly smaller)

The really good things that came out of the weekend were:

• Social
  • Josh being Josh
  • Reinforcement that my heart thing is solved because it didn't happen on any night and every day was full of stuff that would've normally set it off, just my mind was telling me "oh but it could" all through Friday night
  • Top quality airsoft for the 2 hours I played
  • Learned that I need to revisit my kit for Nam games to make it a bit more practical
  • Gave me a kick up the backside to lose weight and get fitter

I'll let Mr. TPH give you a more accurate rundown of how the games went, but even from the perspective of me, a person who had basically everything conspire to stop me from playing, the weekend was fantastic and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Many thanks for the entertaining write up.  How many people typically turn up for these events?  I recently played one of their days at Battle Lakes and was surprised by how few players were there; given the size of the safe zone, it did not seem that they were expecting many,

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

Many thanks for the entertaining write up.  How many people typically turn up for these events?  I recently played one of their days at Battle Lakes and was surprised by how few players were there; given the size of the safe zone, it did not seem that they were expecting many,

Thanks. I'm sure @Tactical Pith Helmet will give a better one as he was actually in the games all weekend so he knows how they went. This one was about 60 and was roughly even on numbers. People tend to leave across the weekend for various reasons and this one was no different with the weather beating down on us. I think by the end of Sunday it was about 15 NVA/VC vs 10 US as many had packed up and left by that point. Most of the Eversley Vietnam filmsim events that I've been to get around those numbers, sometimes more. I think the largest I was at had about 75 US and around 55 NVA/VC. No idea about other types of events, but I think they all tend to get decent numbers there.

Gunman Eversley 10-11/6/23

Namsoft

Another great weekend at the Eversley site, in glorious weather.  The summer has bought the rhododendrons into bloom, and prompted a furious work party regime in Wild West (the ‘village’ in the gamezone). 

First impressions as we arrived on Friday were of seriously low numbers, the usual number of campers was well down, and we choose a spot easily.  This was deceptive however; as work on buildings has seen many more water tight and habitable.  That seems a decent guess that accounts for all those sleeping under hand cut shingles rather than canvass.  What it meant was a much more spread out arrangement that allowed for a bit of quiet if you wanted it, or the ability to make a bit of noise if you felt the need. 

The Worthing Massive were camped next door in a palatial bell tent type affair, complete with gazebo and some serious cookware.  @Impulse had a fondle of the Snow Wolf K98 and I drooled over his mate’s Tanaka Woodstock version with the stamped markings.  Friends in the 173rd stayed in their newly constructed shack in the firebase.  Their task this weekend besides playing, was building up the sandbags to a decent height and deepening the dugouts so that tired old knees wouldn’t ache so much in game. 

Saturday started with Josh giving an ultra-high energy safety and game brief.  Seriously, we were all laughing at the same bloody stuff we’ve all heard before, but the game was as always different to the previous with some new themes written in, and the delivery is brilliant.  This time we had dog tags issued with different colours for different players, and different colours for different values e.g. gold tags were worth five times the plain white tags issued to the Vietnamese team.

There were several new faces and quite a few missing faces.  I think the game was even-ish at about 15 players each.  This was quite a way down on last years I seem to recall.  That said, about eight people booked and couldn’t make game day. 

First game was about setting the atmosphere and getting into the mindset.  The VC and PAVN had to transport loads across the site passed three US strongholds with patrols between each.  Helped by the low US numbers, we managed to really ace this, avoiding the other team and setting up our cache in the bottom corner of the site. Repairs bridges and a drained swamp made this a little easier too.

As Mrs TPH had forgotten her magazine and had to go back to camp for it, we were last to arrive at the start point.  We were tasked with harassing the strongpoints along with another Worthing straggler and a son and Dad duo we often team up with.  This was exactly what we wanted to hear.  Using the radio, we managed to locate and attack the US team all morning.  Unfortunately, the SF squad were patrolling between each stronghold and we attacked just as they arrived three bloody times!  Once we were pincered, once we fled as they reinforced from the other side of the position, and once we watched them arrive just as we were in position.  The same US player managed to shoot me three attacks in a row, much to our mutual amusement. 

The third time I swore revenge and crept back to the stronghold to revive the others in my squad.  I was too late, not being able to call loudly enough to them to wait for me to crawl up to them.  I decided to stay on alone.  This played off as believing us neutralised, they spotted a VC team in the distance and formed up to attack.  I opened up with the RPK, and they were forced to medic players and then winkle me out again.  I had however saved the carrying party, so job done.

Afternoon was similar.  We hunted, our team split up and Mrs TPH and I formed our usual seek and destroy squad of two.  We enjoyed hunting larger squads and carrying out fast hit and runs.  We enjoyed in particular attacking the improved fort and moving between shots to emulate a bigger squad.

By days end, we were extremely hot, we’d drunk all of our spawn point (1G) water and some that a VC carried round to all players in a damn great Jerry can.  We were down to the canteens on our belts and had still not really drunk enough despite a good fill before heading out. 

Saturday night was a very chilled affair.  Going for a piss at 1:30 it was eerily quiet.  I seemed to be the only one awake, at least on the main camping part.  We’d had a drink and multiple hotdogs with a site member/good mate, and a wandering VC.  Missed the drunken singing of Jefferson Airplane but awoke without the usual hangover the next morning as a result. 

Sunday was brutally hot.  This time the US was on the move and we had to intercept them in mobile groups.  Group Baboon (VC) was the largest and had an uncanny ability to sniff out imperialists, our team of two moved around a sight less noisily tbh, and we managed to get on the tail of one US squad in particular.  I revenged myself on the player from the previous day twice and shot the same tail end Charlie about thrice myself, twice whilst being medic’d leaving both players KIA. 

My favourite attack on Sunday was on the bulk of the US team moving multiple items.  I hit the back, CYMA chugging away as usual, Mrs TPH hit the flank.  We managed to split the squad, leaving the carried items vulnerable to the rest of the VC who heard the firefight and zoomed in like sharks on a blood trail.

A memorable moment was finding the back of a group of players in contact with Baboon VC group.  I could see a US player crouching behind a tree and shot him neatly in the back, moved to new cover and waited for more targets.  I could vaguely make out more players in green around him, and when a similarly dressed player sneaked up I shot him too.  It was revealed then that the US guy was part of a squad who had been hit by the VC and moved out leaving him behind among a bunch of dead PAVN (in green PAVN uniforms).  I’d hit a PAVN player moving up to survey the damage. 

I also manged the perfect support gun shot at last.  One slow chug from left to right and I hit an entire squad in one burst.  I have never before had such a perfectly presented target and all five or six fell to the single sweep of the barrel.  Shows why it’s worth lugging the damn great thing around.

Sunday ended early.  Too many US players had dropped out through heat exhaustion to carry on, and nearly everyone was wilting.  At close, the scores were US 13 dogtags, VC 11.  Completed objectives were about even.  We applauded the US team as a late VC player turned up festooned with tags and the Vietnamese team were victorious again.  This was seriously funny, and very good natured.  I shook hands with the chap who killed me thrice, and was told that I was a pain in the arse by the laughing tail end US player. 

Hurrahs:

Great gameplay, great social, great ruleset, great scenario, great site, great laugh, great to see mates from the airsoft scene and of course from the forum.  I even loved the weather, working in North Africa desert was something I enjoyed too though, so no criticism of those that dropped out.

The lack of sexist patches and ‘banter’ makes taking my wife a good thing too and our daughter has become jealous of the fun so she’ll be making her airsoft debut at some point this summer. 

Moans:

Bleed out time was possibly too short.  We were caught cold on Saturday at the end of the day.  Caution on the part of the US players saw us dead and on our way back to spawn before they should really have got our tags.  Then again they knew the rules and saw us time ourselves by looking at our watches.

Fucking contact lenses!  Can’t play without them, can’t see my BBs to walk them in until I actually hit something.  This weekend seemed particularly bad, and I got frustrated at the speed at which I could hit at distances over 20 yards.  Gunman rules state all support guns fire either deployed or from the hip.  I do deploy mine on a knee when I can (easy with a real RPK) but despite my years of hip shooting, it is never as accurate as shooting from the shoulder.  I nearly got an AK out tbh.  It is also harder to spot incoming BBs with the contacts.  I know that testing in the garden with specs, that I can spot BBs easily, and have even seen lead shot at 1300fps in some conditions, when a shoot is on over the road. 

I’m booked on the next one, likewise the next post –apocalypse game.  In fact we’ll do a few bike rallies and airsoft games this year and ditch fucking about with holidays as such.  We like sticking to the UK and Covid seems to have made our favourite out if the way places too popular.  Dartmoor was like a theme park this April. 

Du ban GI!

2 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Dartmoor was like a theme park this April.

The lad and I were there at Easter for one of our regular visits; it didn't seem too busy.

An excellent and entertaining write-up, as ever.

On 13/06/2023 at 06:17, Colin Allen said:

The lad and I were there at Easter for one of our regular visits; it didn't seem too busy.

I expect that you know it far better than us.  It was a first visit for us, and since we can get to Glencoe in the same time, I think we'll be heading north again if we bother what with all the pewing and biking this year.  My wife likes to return to The Old Country in summer too.    

We did find solitude beside the Dart though. 

20230415_113243.jpg

13 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I expect that you know it far better than us.  It was a first visit for us, and since we can get to Glencoe in the same time, I think we'll be heading north again if we bother what with all the pewing and biking this year.  My wife likes to return to The Old Country in summer too.    

20230415_113243.jpg

Isn't it nice when dinner comes to say hello?

13 hours ago, Jujujr said:

IMG_1297.png

just felt like sharing this picture of me and a mate two weeks ago at absolute airsoft. Pic goes hard

L👀k out!! 

The bastards behind you! 😂

20 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

20230415_113243.jpg

Beautiful!  We were on the high moor hunting tinnners' huts, kistvaens and anything else that took our fancy.  I think we saw about eight people over three days.

Back from our second ever game at Spec Ops MK.  Only did a half-day today as expected it to be hot and it's a good thing as my new boots have cut my heels to shreds, so was very much done by lunch.  Turns out wearing them at your desk for a couple of hours doesn't count as a proper test. 

That aside, another good day of fun.  Played a new game mode which involved rescuing a downed pilot (dummy) from the enemy camp.  Hugely entertaining, especially when on the defending side as I managed to get a decent rate of kills.  I think the game might need rebalancing though as I don't think anyone stood a chance of evac'ing the dummy, but who doesn't love a suicide mission.

The boy had a good game with no injuries or mishaps, so at least one of us made it unscathed.  He was, unusually for him, tired out by lunch so I'm assuming the heat has got to him.  

One more game to go before I'm UKARA registered which will simultaneously make the day rate cheaper but also meaning I empty my wallet on gun purchases.

Have also realised I need something other than a bright red backpack to carry my gear and my £10 Asda jeans now have holes in the knees, so I'm open to suggestions on budget chest-rigs and trousers with knee-protection built in.

Hello new hobby, good-bye fiscal responsibility.  

Edited by Gunboat Diplomat

Sorry to have missed you there today (we went to Combat Airsoft in Thetford).  Will be there next week though with several guests. 

Thetford was an excellent day.  The pine forest setting was awesome, as was the (relatively) Close Quarter section we used for the starting games. 

I went for a wide flanking manoeuvre with a group of lads to try and get behind the blue team and push for domination.  This meant a trek through the chest high Ferns resulting in me vanishing down a deep pothole much to the amusement of my squad mates following up behind. 

We got trounced by the red team all day, but it was still enjoyable. 

My L85 definitely needs some tech attention as the 1100 mAh battery was used up withess than ten magazines, and the noise it makes sounds like it is labouring on something. 

Once again the Specna performed better than any of the other pews we brought, although the DE held it's own for the Extraction game. 

Lots of Gillie suits there with very accurate face shots made a few pushes frustrating 

Had a fun chat with some US servicemen on the next table too. 

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Sorry to have missed you there today (we went to Combat Airsoft in Thetford).  Will be there next week though with several guests. 

Thetford was an excellent day.  The pine forest setting was awesome, as was the (relatively) Close Quarter section we used for the starting games. 

I went for a wide flanking manoeuvre with a group of lads to try and get behind the blue team and push for domination.  This meant a trek through the chest high Ferns resulting in me vanishing down a deep pothole much to the amusement of my squad mates following up behind. 

We got trounced by the red team all day, but it was still enjoyable. 

My L85 definitely needs some tech attention as the 1100 mAh battery was used up withess than ten magazines, and the noise it makes sounds like it is labouring on something. 

Once again the Specna performed better than any of the other pews we brought, although the DE held it's own for the Extraction game. 

Lots of Gillie suits there with very accurate face shots made a few pushes frustrating 

Had a fun chat with some US servicemen on the next table too. 

Yep we should be there again next week, prob only a half day again as the boy has a football tournament on Sun. 

Combat Airsoft looks interesting - the distance might cause a few ‘are we there yets’ from the passenger seat though. 

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

We've got the same issue at my local site at the moment, though without the face shots (most of the time) and a bit more shooting within MED. We'll reliably have more than 10 ghillies out of 70 - 80 players, and that's not including myself and my friend as we've ditched the ghillies for now, partially to practice camo and concealment skills but partially to make sure we can't be associated with any of it. Plus, it just feels weird to me when there's that many ghillies and I make the joke that eventually it will be 40 ghillies vs 40 ghillies 😂

3 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Back from our second ever game at Spec Ops MK.  Only did a half-day today as expected it to be hot and it's a good thing as my new boots have cut my heels to shreds, so was very much done by lunch.  Turns out wearing them at your desk for a couple of hours doesn't count as a proper test. 

That aside, another good day of fun.  Played a new game mode which involved rescuing a downed pilot (dummy) from the enemy camp.  Hugely entertaining, especially when on the defending side as I managed to get a decent rate of kills.  I think the game might need rebalancing though as I don't think anyone stood a chance of evac'ing the dummy, but who doesn't love a suicide mission.

The boy had a good game with no injuries or mishaps, so at least one of us made it unscathed.  He was, unusually for him, tired out by lunch so I'm assuming the heat has got to him.  

One more game to go before I'm UKARA registered which will simultaneously make the day rate cheaper but also meaning I empty my wallet on gun purchases.

Have also realised I need something other than a bright red backpack to carry my gear and my £10 Asda jeans now have holes in the knees, so I'm open to suggestions on budget chest-rigs and trousers with knee-protection built in.

Hello new hobby, good-bye fiscal responsibility.  

You need full MTP's & Osprey Mk4 body armour or Virtus (full kit), in all honesty tho there are plenty options on ebay, going to my second skirmish tomorrow & have already ditched the PLCE for something MUCH lighter, got modern PLCE to use with a SCAR-L & a 'tactical vest' with G36 mag pouches (they were a pain in the arse in plce) to use with a G36.

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

You need full MTP's & Osprey Mk4 body armour or Virtus (full kit), in all honesty tho there are plenty options on ebay, going to my second skirmish tomorrow & have already ditched the PLCE for something MUCH lighter, got modern PLCE to use with a SCAR-L & a 'tactical vest' with G36 mag pouches (they were a pain in the arse in plce) to use with a G36.

I had to google half of that, I don’t know one end of my MTP from my DPM!