The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

14 hours ago, TacticalWaifu said:

They literally say individual sites may have lower limits -- the only way to make this "simpler" website-wise would be to have all sites' individual limits listed, but that could be information overload for some folks.

Saying that covers people who turn up thinking .48 is fine everywhere, then cry when they can't CQB with it. It's already simple.

The legal maximum is 1.3 Joules with an AEG, AEP, CO2, HPA rig, that means 373fps on 0.2g and all sites I have been to limit their site speed limits to 350fps max or 1.1 Joules.  That means on a 0.25g bb the fps limit is 335fps on 1.3 Joules but given that the weight is higher, that most sites operate a 1.1 Joule~ish limit, brings that down to around 303fps.

The difference being that HPA carries power better, I have never had broken skin, bruises from or bleeding from an AEG even at point blank range, however, with HPA I have had wounds that bleed, bruise and equipment broken and broken fingers from HPA as well as having my eye protection broken.

It seems that HPA players can't accept the facts. People saying I am posting rubbish again are talking out their rears too.

Unless the responsible HPA players get a grip of the problem players and point out that they are a problem in the game, it won't be long before government legislates for and imposes limits on HPA or bans it. What would you prefer? Lowering your Joule power or have some pencil neck in whitehall ban your equipment and you have to start all over again?

15 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

What... from 30 meters? I seriously doubt that.

I'll take the bait.

1J of energy is 1J of energy, it doesn't matter if it's fired from an AEG, GBB, HPA or springer, it's still 1J of energy.

I've seen teeth shattered from 1J hits at 30 metres, I've had BB shards get into in my eye the last time I used mesh (the gun was a stock TM recoil, so 0.8J) from 30 metres.

HPA doesn't sting more than AEG given the energy output is the same, if you think so then I suggest to read a physics book of your choice.

Edited by Skara

On 12/07/2023 at 13:33, Shamal said:

Are you on blood thinners?

Edit.

Wrong person 👍

No, just HPA hits.

For those suggesting I am in the wrong game, think again, I have been shot point blank in the back, arms, hands, face and got nothing like what I get off HPA, my own son tri shot shotgun point blank in the neck (a springer) nothing but red marks.

HPA from 20 or 30 meters, I get nasty welts, broken skin, bruising and have had broken fingers.

The last game I went to and got those injuries at, the 4 kids playing who were guests of a member at a members only day were complaining about how some of the shots were really hurting compared to others that just stung.

Its not just me, its other players that complain.

The issue is that there is a core of HPA players that don't like taking their hits, pad themselves up as well but don't mind dishing out the pain, so any suggestion that I am in the wrong game, think again, its the HPA players that insist on ruining hot rigs, the funny thing is the other HPA players at the same game, their hots didn't hurt half as much as those guys that were running hot guns...

9 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

I have never had broken skin, bruises from or bleeding from an AEG even at point blank range

This about sums up this guy.

Just a stream of repeated bollocks.

Finally putting him on ignore, because he keeps trying to turn this thread into his personal gripe thread, despite having created threads specifically for the topic. 

I'd rather read about game days that people can write about objectively.

5 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

The issue is that there is a core of HPA players

At the site you play at. 

Everyone keeps telling you to play elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

The issue is that there is a core of HPA players that don't like taking their hits, pad themselves up as well but don't mind dishing out the pain, so any suggestion that I am in the wrong game, think again, its the HPA players that insist on ruining hot rigs, the funny thing is the other HPA players at the same game, their hots didn't hurt half as much as those guys that were running hot guns...

Finally we get to the bottom of all this, your issue isn't HPA ... it's that some people are dicks.

Got some bad news for you, there are dicks everywhere, some of them even use AEGs and not all of them drive BMW's and Audi's either.

Can we get back to talking about people having fun now?

1 minute ago, Madhouse said:

Finally we get to the bottom of all this, your issue isn't HPA ... it's that some people are dicks.

Got some bad news for you, there are dicks everywhere, some of them even use AEGs and not all of them drive BMW's and Audi's either.

Can we get back to talking about people having fun now?

I didn't start it, I posted up what happened and I was then met with scorn and hate from that section of the community that can't see the bigger picture. Yeah I know there are dicks everywhere, what I do is educate them and they do change however, seems that HPA players don't and this is why the problem persists. An AEG player trying to educate a HPA player gets met with a "Talk to the hand" scenario and you're seen as playing with boys toys not mens toys. So its also an attitude thing from a lot of the HPA community.

Personally I have no interest in HPA or going there, mainly because it screws up being able to swap handedness in game as I am an ambidextrous player and shoot just as well lefty as I do righty. I have been teaching my son to play both handed and it is an advantage when you have players that use HPA who are stuck righty game play.

10 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

This about sums up this guy.

Just a stream of repeated bollocks.

Finally putting him on ignore, because he keeps trying to turn this thread into his personal gripe thread, despite having created threads specifically for the topic. 

I'd rather read about game days that people can write about objectively.

At the site you play at. 

Everyone keeps telling you to play elsewhere. 

In your opinion and your attitude says a lot about you as a person, I brought to light an incident on my game day and you started with others stomping all over that experience without regard for the fact it happened. Sounds more like you and the other guys are more sore and salty about it than I am over the bringing to light an issue within your precious HPA community.

8 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

I didn't start it, I posted up what happened and I was then met with scorn and hate from that section of the community that can't see the bigger picture. Yeah I know there are dicks everywhere, what I do is educate them and they do change however, seems that HPA players don't and this is why the problem persists. An AEG player trying to educate a HPA player gets met with a "Talk to the hand" scenario and you're seen as playing with boys toys not mens toys. So its also an attitude thing from a lot of the HPA community.

Personally I have no interest in HPA or going there, mainly because it screws up being able to swap handedness in game as I am an ambidextrous player and shoot just as well lefty as I do righty. I have been teaching my son to play both handed and it is an advantage when you have players that use HPA who are stuck righty game play.

*looks at HPA m21* Huh... I never knew that I, as a (sometimes) HPA player, have that sort of attitude. This is news to me, thank you for educating me on how I think, how I have a bad attitude and pointing out my short-sightedness.

Also thank you for showing me that I actually have two right shoulders. I can easily fire my HPA m21 from both shoulders and originally thought that meant I could shoot from both my left and right shoulder, but now it makes so much more sense knowing I don't have a left shoulder, just two right shoulders.

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

What... from 30 meters? I seriously doubt that.

And I seriously doubt that was from that distance.

As others have posted, either take up your concerns with the staff on site or play at another site. Just moaning online doesn't help sort out the problem (if there is one) and tbh just makes you look like a whiny little bitch desperate for attention.

Also, I'll ask again. What are your sources for the claim that Anzio is looking at lower power limits for HPA guns?

33 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

Did a filmsim day at Gunman Tuddenham on Saturday. 

I really enjoy the fun, positive attitude that they have with their players, all about improving the game play in the field. Well delivered brief etc. 

The games were even in the structure of in game respawning off buddies, but one side was attacking and one side defending (with some great cover), so it became very stagnant, repetitive and energy sapping with 3-4 minutes of walking to get to the hard respawn  and then the walk back in etc. It was only around lunch time when the respawn rules were changed to reflect one side was attacking for basically the whole day that the games actually developed the way they were intended and objectives achieved. 

As always, great hit taking and sportsmanship. I felt like I'd had it handed to me all day, I don't get to play as often as I'd like and feel out of the groove when I do get to play, same kit etc. Maybe its the larger waistline and lack of familiarity of how it all feels. It also cemented the ideas I have been having about my rifs and kit, so will be listing several pieces this week as I can't justify the money invested vs the amount I get to play and the experiences I have with it. 

I really need to try this place, I keep hearing great things. 

54 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I really need to try this place, I keep hearing great things. 

I've been playing for around 11 years now, I've done lots of big weekend events, pretty much every skirmish site within 2 hours of me and it's consistently good. The site is great (like there are buildings, woodland, scrub, trenches etc) but it's the attitude of the people running it that matters really make it consistently good. 

Gunman own it, but the site managers have a huge impact on it, over the years it's been up and down. It's on a big upward trajectory at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Skara said:

I've seen teeth shattered from 1J hits at 30 metres

Compress_20230717_124551_1180.thumb.jpg.b10099f2df802007830ff214cdde2c07.jpg

Pretty much what happened to me yesterday at REDCON 2.  30 metres, pretty sure it was an AEG.  snapped my left incisor in two.  Thankfully, a bit of pulp held on, and it spent the rest of the day flapping about in my mouth. 

Dentist said the break was just, by microns, below the nerve, so there is hope the tooth will survive now it's glued back together. 

Otherwise a very fun day on a big field, but not too big.  Rain made it interesting, but without ruining things. Over 200 players on the field too.

L85 and Honeybadger were pews of preference, but for some reason the trigger on the L85 decided to not always return after pressing..... Which of course it did the moment I broke cover to take out some choice targets.  Resulting in an amusing "of fuck"  jump back behind the tree. 

There were a few questionable moments on hit taking.  I was certain the person standing 5 metres in front was hit several times as I jumped behind cover.  Then I took a gun hit (as verbalised by an  opposition shooter on the other side of my cover) seconds later.  Mind you, by this stage of the day I was more concerned with using my tongue to keep my lose tooth in place 🤣🤣.   But with those numbers too - a few "issues" or questionable moments are to be expected.

Right.... Now I'm off to by a gumshield for next weekend.  Will Post up some picks of the day when. R. I. F. T. upload them. 

#hpawankers

Edited by Dan Robinson

Cracking Sunday morning at Driver Wood, introduced a mate and his son to the game -  I suspect that it won't be their last!  Circa 100 players, 20%(ish) rentals, and really good game play.

I had a three moments where I had managed to get behind the opposition, and shoot  5 or 6 of them in the back before they worked out what was happening, including 10 seconds before the last game ended. Good hearted congratulations and fist bumps from them all round really added to my enjoyment of the day, and hammers home just how worthwhile it is to dish out the praise when someone pulls off a good move, a tricky shot, or manages to drop a Mk5 right next to you!

I played with my first RIF - an ancient Cyma AK 028, picked up second hand a few years ago for £40, and given a new piston and rack. The thing absolutely rocked,and truth be told, started to put the Cyma SR25 in the shade....

12 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Compress_20230717_124551_1180.thumb.jpg.b10099f2df802007830ff214cdde2c07.jpg

Pretty much what happened to me yesterday at REDCON 2.  30 metres, pretty sure it was an AEG.  snapped my left incisor in two.  Thankfully, a bit of pulp held on, and it spent the rest of the day flapping about in my mouth. 

Dentist said the break was just, by microns, below the nerve, so there is hope the tooth will survive now it's glued back together. 

That's gnarly, were you not wearing face/mouth protection? My biggest fear in this game is losing  a tooth/eye!

3 hours ago, AirSniper said:

didn't start it, I posted up what happened and I was then met with scorn and hate from that section of the community that can't see the bigger picture. Yeah I know there are dicks everywhere, what I do is educate them and they do change however, seems that HPA players don't and this is why the problem persists. An AEG player trying to educate a HPA player gets met with a "Talk to the hand" scenario and you're seen as playing with boys toys not mens toys. So its also an attitude thing from a lot of the HPA community.

So calling you out on your bullshit is "hate and scorn" now? I think you need to grow a thicker skin, and not just to protect yourself from those nasty HPA fired bbs.

The difference being that HPA carries power better,

Wrong again. 1.1j is 1.1j no matter if it's fired from a HPA, GBB, AEG or McDonalds straw. It's heavier weight bbs that bleed off energy slower and has nothing to do with the power source. This is why heavier bbs give a better range across all platforms. This is basic secondary school level physics

Sounds more like you and the other guys are more sore and salty about it than I am over the bringing to light an issue within your precious HPA community.

Considering I don't own any HPA guns that's another assumption of yours which is wrong

6 minutes ago, Beorn said:

That's gnarly, were you not wearing face/mouth protection?

Nah - I'm stubbornly stupid like that.  What are the chances of it happening to me?  Well, after the fact - 1 in 1.   Will be trying out a gumshield next week to see how I get on.

I have had my skin broken many times by AEGs, Bolt actions at distances of 30m or more.  So I have no idea what @AirSniperis wittering on about.  Perhaps my flappy tooth is hate and scorn too @Cannonfodder?

48 minutes ago, Beorn said:

That's gnarly, were you not wearing face/mouth protection? My biggest fear in this game is losing  a tooth/eye!

Almost my biggest fear of playing airsoft! I wear a Delta Mike just because it's more breathable and doesn't cause condensation on the mouth protection like most other metal mesh mouth protection does. It still hurts getting shot in the cheek/side of the face though!

Damnit, drawn back in by someone's quote of Hpahater.

I'm not an hpa player. Aeg, bolt and gas.

Mister Fantastic couldn't reach better. 

Gunman Tuddenham will be visited in September. Me and the other Outcasts will come see just how good it is. 

@Dan Robinson commiserations, dude. Hope it stays glued and healthy. 

14 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Almost my biggest fear of playing airsoft! I wear a Delta Mike just because it's more breathable and doesn't cause condensation on the mouth protection like most other metal mesh mouth protection does. It still hurts getting shot in the cheek/side of the face though!

I can confirm that getting your teeth damaged is a massive inconvenience for sure.  In my case it wasn't painful luckily, though Dan's sounds like it was much worse.

We had two teenage rental players without their masks on at all at one point on Sunday, needless to say everyone 'encouraged' them to put their gear back on ASAP.. 

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Nah - I'm stubbornly stupid like that.  What are the chances of it happening to me?  Well, after the fact - 1 in 1.   Will be trying out a gumshield next week to see how I get on.

I have had my skin broken many times by AEGs, Bolt actions at distances of 30m or more.  So I have no idea what @AirSniperis wittering on about.  Perhaps my flappy tooth is hate and scorn too @Cannonfodder?

Eyepro is obviously mandatory for good reason -- but it's far too easy to think "doesn't matter" for lower face (read: teeth) pro ... until you get shot in the mouth 😬

Here's hoping for a relatively quick recovery and no giant dental bills in the future... and happy shopping for gumshield / lower mask! 🦷🛡️🔫

4 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

Eyepro is obviously mandatory for good reason -- but it's far too easy to think "doesn't matter" for lower face (read: teeth) pro ... until you get shot in the mouth 😬

Here's hoping for a relatively quick recovery and no giant dental bills in the future... and happy shopping for gumshield / lower mask! 🦷🛡️🔫

To be fair, once I found one this morning, the dentist only charged £25 to stick it back on and take an x-ray.  Have to go back in a month to see if its still "alive" otherwise it will be a crown or an implant.  Gave me a prescription for some super strong pain killers too.  So happy days (ahem).

Edited by Dan Robinson

2 hours ago, MrTea said:

I also use a delta mike mk2, was one of the first things I bought, Genuinely quite happy with it, gotta protect the money maker!