The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

In the end a bunch of people left early.  I suspect they'll have some negative feedback to spread.  Carlos did his best to tell everyone how he'd kept tabs on the hits / medic use, but that obviously didn't really convince.   
How do other sites use medics?   (At Spec Ops, the 5 medics can run to a person, count out loud down from 5, the victim shouts "back in" and that's it.  The medic can also 'drag' someone to cover)

Based on last time I was there Ping Ping is too confined for medics, as you rightly pointed out, the opposition will think you're not taking your hits because 5 medics can cover the entire area too effectively.  We really struggled to break your team last time in the afternoon.  Whereas you took over BBC quite quickly in the morning.

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

There was also a few salty cheat calls today, Carlos was having his hands full.   I think most of the problem were the two prolonged rounds with medics, as the guys doing the attacking were seeing the same faces popup shortly after getting a hard-earned hit. 

I did think last week that maybe it needed a cap or cooldown on revives before the downed player is forced back to respawn. 

That said, and perhaps this speaks volumes about me, I found it hugely amusing harrying the medics as they dashed back and forwards having to revive the guys I’d just rekilled immediately after they saved him. 

Hot day yesterday at AirsoftGB but a good day, nonetheless.

I took my newly repaired CM16 Carbine (thanks to @andydrgfor fixing it up) and it shot like a dream all day. Some great kills with that!

Some unusual gameplay thanks to a Juggernaut in play who switched teams when taken out by a grenade or melee kill and that added another level to the day.

Numbers dwindled as the day went on and I didn't make the last game myself due to feeling a little rough but it was a good natured day with mostly good hit taking, and very well run by the Marshall team.

First time at Driver Wood. Just went for an afternoon session, £20, not too bad. Safe zone is good, albeit hectic because they had airsoft, airsoft 'beginners' and it seemed 2 lots of paintball. So lots of people, I left most of my kit in the car. 

Safety brief was concise and quick, and team ID was via 2 x armbands - so no sneakily hiding an arm out of sight. Initial game brief was good, and I sort of followed the crowd because I didn't know where any locations were. Took a few good ambush hits and went back to re-spawn. Whilst I was meandering back in to play I'd missed an altercation between an apparent 'site regular' (40ish year old) and a younger player - who's brother then weighed in. I witnessed or heard none of it, and others may give an eye witness account. But ultimately it resulted in the players being booted out and banned. Worse still the older gent decided he'd wait outside the site to continue the argument, the last I overheard from the marshalls were the 2 brothers had 'filled him in'. All over a heated exchange of plastic pellets, pretty pathetic.

After that it took a while to get going again, with poor communication between the marshall team/players. 

Second game was less punchy but there were a group on the green team, that some orange players said were not taking hits. 

First day of pewing since early May, and it's reminded me why I tend to stick milsim/battlesim. Shame because the site is only a 25 minute drive from the girlfriends. 

Edited by OTH21

Sad to hear that.

Hope you managed to salvage a half decent game though👍

Yeah, I'm definitely not writing the site off my list. It's convenient, good facilities and the game zone itself suited my style of play. I had a few good trades and got the drop on a couple of people , as did others on me. 

Today, the lad and I headed over to Dragon's Lair in Essex, a site that we visit 3 or 4 times a year at most.  It is a small, heavily wooded site with lots of structures including a village, a fort and quite a few barricades.  It has a rather decent and surprisingly large safe zone, with free tea and coffee available throughout the day, a basic site shop, provided by Airsoft Zone, and an in-house tech.  We always take pizza when we play airsoft, mainly because it has become something of a ritual to do so, but also because most sites do not really cater for vegetarians.  Today, we were very glad that we did as lunch was not available on site and it is quite a long way to anywhere that sells food.

We were rather surprised at how few players were there today; we are used to there being around 100+, but only about 50 were present today, with fewer after lunch and as the afternoon wore on.

One nice surprise was that finding that they now chrono using the BB weight that you will be using, rather than just using 0.20g BBs; I know that we can discuss whether chronoing serves any real purpose, other than providing a moderately reassuring ritual, but this seemed like a significant step forward.

As usual, the games were fairly short, simple, straightforward and good fun; having fewer players present helped as the site can feel a bit "wall to wall" when it is busy.

We played a good variety of relatively simple games throughout the day, with the first one being particularly memorable as I ended up behind the opposing (attacking) team and had great fun crawling around in a heavily overgrown ditch taking players out and hearing them complaining about being shot by their own team.

In the reverse of that game, we completed the objectives in about 30 minutes, whereas the other team had taken nearly an hour.

Other games played included a push the flag game, last man standing in the village and frozen (when you are hit, you have to remain still and can only be released by someone on your own team shooting you).

Overall, it was a good, fun day.  The games played worked well with the numbers and the marshalling was on point; the teams were rebalanced a couple of times in the afternoon as player numbers decreased.

Weapons used:
Me:
CA HK33
CA HK53
Milbro M1911 Classic CO2

The lad:
E&L AKS74U
CYMA AK105
ASG XP18 Commander CO2

1 hour ago, OTH21 said:

Worse still the older gent decided he'd wait outside the site to continue the argument, the last I overheard from the marshalls were the 2 brothers had 'filled him in'. All over a heated exchange of plastic pellets, pretty pathetic.

That is really pathetic; it is supposed to be fun.  One site that we play at makes a point of mentioning in the safety brief that, if you lay hands on another player in anger, they will support the 'victim' if they want the police involved.  It is one of the best sites that I know for player behaviour.

Edited by Colin Allen

21 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Based on last time I was there Ping Ping is too confined for medics, as you rightly pointed out, the opposition will think you're not taking your hits because 5 medics can cover the entire area too effectively.  We really struggled to break your team last time in the afternoon.  Whereas you took over BBC quite quickly in the morning.

Yeah there was a change in the rules so that once a medic got shot, instead of being able to respawn by going to smother zone, he'd lose his armband and ability to revive.  My team managed to keep most of the medics alive throughout, while the other team lost theirs and eventually got overrun.  Maybe 3 medics instead of 5 would have worked better, but if the plan was to have rounds lasting 45 minutes plus, then it worked fine

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Played sunday, HPA boys were in and not taking their hits however, plenty of trigger spamming from them.

The one was bad mouthing me in the safe zone because they wouldn't accept that I had actually hit them and they denied I had, claimed I couldn't have turned around with my gun fast enough to shoot, the assumption he was making was I was playing right handed when I am in fact an ambidextrous player and was at the time left handed pointing the rifle in the direction of the door that he blind fired around to hit me.

You can't make this shit up, the bruise is one of several from one of the HPA players who was clearly over limit because no rifle / pistol aeg or hpa should be able to leave someone with a bruise like that.

I hear that Anzio have now made HPA limits lower than AEG, which I applaud, it levels the playing field, better sites do it than allowing government to legislate and limit HPA if it is to remain and hopefully these other sites that are going to follow suite will clear out the nobs who can't follow the rules.

The problem on some sites is that CQB as in actually playing CQB doesn't mix with the speedsoft bois.

So apart from an HPA nob and the further injuries from the group of lads that were onsite this week, it was a good game.

image.thumb.png.0abbab030430f9fb48109111921b0732.png

45 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Wait, so you're telling us you DON'T like HPA?

I am shocked. 

I've never had bruises or broken skin from AEGs, EVER.

Are you expecting more sympathy back in this thread than the one you started in the off topic sub, then abandoned when nobody agreed with you again.

No body agreed because they are incapable of accepting a truth or a fact. HPA is too much for CQB.

I have never had broken skin from AEG's but HPA, every game where there are a group of HPA players who trigger spam, I find myself peppered with wounds that bleed.

As for HPA not being liked, there will be changes coming to the sport because lots of places have had enough of HPA idiots, I grant you that there are some players that respect the rules and have kit properly set up, like the guy who was next to me in the safe zone this week, we went halves on tracers because I forgot mine, his rig doesn't leave any wounds like what I get from other nob HPA players.

This is another one on the same arm. Again from an HPA player.

One thing I noted is that those particular players were all wearing padded kit, so they didn't mind dishing out the pain but didn't fancy taking hits themselves.

image.thumb.png.3e177525c84a21695cddf5881087c337.png

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

Played sunday, HPA boys were in and not taking their hits however, plenty of trigger spamming from them.

The one was bad mouthing me in the safe zone because they wouldn't accept that I had actually hit them and they denied I had, claimed I couldn't have turned around with my gun fast enough to shoot, the assumption he was making was I was playing right handed when I am in fact an ambidextrous player and was at the time left handed pointing the rifle in the direction of the door that he blind fired around to hit me.

You can't make this shit up, the bruise is one of several from one of the HPA players who was clearly over limit because no rifle / pistol aeg or hpa should be able to leave someone with a bruise like that.

I hear that Anzio have now made HPA limits lower than AEG, which I applaud, it levels the playing field, better sites do it than allowing government to legislate and limit HPA if it is to remain and hopefully these other sites that are going to follow suite will clear out the nobs who can't follow the rules.

The problem on some sites is that CQB as in actually playing CQB doesn't mix with the speedsoft bois.

So apart from an HPA nob and the further injuries from the group of lads that were onsite this week, it was a good game.

image.thumb.png.0abbab030430f9fb48109111921b0732.png

I picked up a welt like on Sunday; there were no HPAs at the site.

You probably should take up another hobby; airsoft seems to cause you nothing but stress and angst.

Edited by Colin Allen

3 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I picked up a welt like on Sunday; there were no HPAs at the site.

You probably should take up

another hobby; airsoft seems to call you nothing but stress and angst.

Are you on blood thinners?

Edit.

Wrong person 👍

Edited by Shamal
Wrong person

10 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

No body agreed because they are incapable of accepting a truth or a fact. HPA is too much for CQB.

I have never had broken skin from AEG's but HPA, every game where there are a group of HPA players who trigger spam, I find myself peppered with wounds that bleed.

As for HPA not being liked, there will be changes coming to the sport because lots of places have had enough of HPA idiots, I grant you that there are some players that respect the rules and have kit properly set up, like the guy who was next to me in the safe zone this week, we went halves on tracers because I forgot mine, his rig doesn't leave any wounds like what I get from other nob HPA players.

This is another one on the same arm. Again from an HPA player.

One thing I noted is that those particular players were all wearing padded kit, so they didn't mind dishing out the pain but didn't fancy taking hits themselves.

image.thumb.png.3e177525c84a21695cddf5881087c337.png

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

No body agreed because they are incapable of accepting a truth or a fact.

The classic refrain of every conspiracy theorist, flat earther, young earther, creationist or whatever,

10 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

The classic refrain of every conspiracy theorist, flat earther, young earther, creationist or whatever,

I see we have the same YouTube habits LOL

Better comedy than what's on most TV channels.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Crystal meth I think 😏

12 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I see we have the same YouTube habits LOL

Better comedy than what's on most TV channels.

Those twats that try to wander in to police station car parks or film everyone coming & going really piss me off. 

#AuditorSpunkTrumpets

🤬

2 hours ago, AirSniper said:

HPA players are all the devil incarnate and must be returned to the depths of hell

Haters gonna hate.

Physics is physics, we've explained it to death.

Hope you raised any issues you have with the marshals and they dealt with it appropriately - you've not mentioned if you did or not?

If Anzio's got lower limits for HPA, prob best you play there in future.

You do bruise like a peach though, I play loads of CQB and while I look like I've done 10 rounds with a swarm of mozzies the day after as I only wear a thin top to avoid overheating, there's nothing like that bruise around it. Plenty of those HPA boys at my CQB too, never had any issues.

Only had a BB break skin once when I got shot just above the eyebrow, I do believe that was fired from a GBBR.

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Crystal meth I think 😏

Those twats that try to wander in to police station car parks or film everyone coming & going really piss me off. 

#AuditorSpunkTrumpets

🤬

Glen Cerio is hilarious though with his 400 level English and legs weeps.

1 minute ago, Madhouse said:

Only had a BB break skin once

I've drawn blood plenty of times.  I see it as a mark of having fun and getting into the shit making the most of the money I and the fucker that shot me spent on ammunition.

I bled this Sunday just gone, from AEG fire at medium range (See my aggression thread in off topic).  Sometimes that's just how it goes, the right shot at the right angle on the wrong patch of skin. 

If you don't like bruises and cuts you're playing the wrong game. 

Don't take up Paintball.

Maybe take up Nerf. Careful though, some players put it stronger springs.