The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Living up to your name 😆

In my defence, an LMG was all I was really missing from my collection and I've wanted an m249 for a bit :P 

Waiting on an SSX303 to turn up from Austria - made use of 75Euro black Friday discount. No idea if I've just wasted my money, especially as I recently built an (albeit problematic) AAP based carbine. But it does appear to be the one item from the Novritsch line-up that is slightly unique, and generally well received. Helped by the fact that I already have a stack of compatible Mk23 magazines of course. I'd be interested in peoples experiences with it.

Mancraft SDIK HPA system for my Amoeba Striker AS 01 Sniper rifle Arrived and installed yesterday. Just need to wait until Sunday before I can get my tank filled and test it out. Fingers crossed I haven't somehow ballsed it up 🤞😂

Black Friday impulse buy, been wanting one for a while - just needed an excuse really!

Got to work out how to fit it into my game play - at least I usually do CQB!

Also, it’s heavier than I thought.

IMG_5558.jpeg

6 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'm weak & not got many pistols...

N406904672_24274843522131054_1047228295888195905_n.jpg

Hope they all fall off 😂😂

Nice 👍

• Supporters
18 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'm weak & not got many pistols...

406904672_24274843522131054_1047228295888195905_n.jpg

Kinda unrelated but what's the deal with hanging them by the barrel like that?

Always seemed to me a strange way to do it what with risking inner barrel damage every time you hang one up.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Cannonfodder said:

I mainly picked these up for camping trips, hiking and pissing about in the shed but I'm sure I'll try them out in a game at some point.20231130_135933.thumb.jpg.37cb14abc9e89c819a8b38eaab4ed704.jpg

LOL, Poxy covid is affecting my vision, had to really blow the picture up, thought I was looking at some kinda orthopaedic gimp boot😂

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

LOL, Poxy covid is affecting my vision, had to really blow the picture up, thought I was looking at some kinda orthopaedic gimp boot😂

That's coming next week 😁

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Kinda unrelated but what's the deal with hanging them by the barrel like that?

99% of my pews are wallhangers, I tend to use my favourites & the rest are eye candy. I find pistols a pain to display, bought some hangers especially for them but wasn't happy with the result, had some spare brackets that I've been thinking of using for pistols so got my dremel out. I've ground down the edges to avoid damaging the barrels.

&

I've yet to use a sidearm in any games so any damage is unlikely going to affect my gameplay.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

99% of my pews are wallhangers, I tend to use my favourites & the rest are eye candy. I find pistols a pain to display, bought some hangers especially for them but wasn't happy with the result, had some spare brackets that I've been thinking of using for pistols so got my dremel out. I've ground down the edges to avoid damaging the barrels.

&

I've yet to use a sidearm in any games so any damage is unlikely going to affect my gameplay.

Fair enough, suppose tbf i've never been one for displaying pews, more the stack em all in a corner type.

After getting myself the Type 96 LMG Tuesday, and being in love with it I somehow ended up ordering a Type 38 & some extra mags to go with it… it just sort of fell into the basket… honest 😂

I keep buying basket case boneyard things. 

A £30 AK47 that looked like it had been painted by ray Charles on coke, then managed to shoehorn a load of bits into it that probably shouldn't go into an ak.

Than I bought the "crusty little m14" off here. I genuinely don't care about what people do or don't do to their pews, it's theirs, so be it. I like the almost forensic way of fixing them. 

Although my wife/bank manager may disagree entirely.

Crusty m14 is currently in about 50 pieces and awaiting parts from Hong Kong. 😂

4 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

I keep buying basket case boneyard things. 

A £30 AK47 that looked like it had been painted by ray Charles on coke, then managed to shoehorn a load of bits into it that probably shouldn't go into an ak.

Than I bought the "crusty little m14" off here. I genuinely don't care about what people do or don't do to their pews, it's theirs, so be it. I like the almost forensic way of fixing them. 

Although my wife/bank manager may disagree entirely.

Crusty m14 is currently in about 50 pieces and awaiting parts from Hong Kong. 😂

Been doing this for over 20 years 😳 and find I still do it now ! 

I recently got a Mimtech spring/summer reversable ghillie. I've actually had it a few weeks now, but it's still in the process of being fully crafted. Hopefully I can get some good pics this weekend. Since my last summer ghillie, as much as I love it, was falling apart, I decided to spend some cash on a decent base suit. The mimtech ghillies have popped up on skirmshop recently, and after seeing some videos and a friend buying one, I decided to pick it up myself. I'm not quite as enthused about the reversibility as I was a month ago, as it means you can't build up the crafting to be at all bulky if you want to actually switch the sides on it. On the other hand, the 2D base colours are so good that it really doesn't need heavy crafting, and it's helped me think about the efficiency of my added crafting material, instead on just throwing more on the pile. I got the L/XL sized one, I'm 5'9" and on the portly side, it's not too long, and roomy even with kit underneath. 

It's a really well made mesh base, with some well thought out features on the suit, such as clips to hold the front up to allow chest rig access, a decent length cape/back while not being long enough to get stepped on, as well as clips on the hood to attach to a boonie or other hat. The hood is HUGE which helps with breaking up the head shape on its own, as well as acting like a hide net to make you even more unrecognisable, even last game day when I was sat in front of a tree when both teams could see each other on spawn, and it still took a few minutes for anyone to even spot me. The sleeves have partial hand covers and bands to hold the min place, which is perfect for stopping your sleeves rolling up by themselves. Though I'm a L/XL glove kinda guy, and I find the bands a bit tight. I've resorted to only putting it around three fingers, which seems to work well. 

The trousers have some good stuff, like zips to access lower pockets, zips to help you get your boots in easily. However their quick adjust elastic band is pretty awful at actually keeping the trousers in place. At least it's easy to zip tie a pair of suspenders into place to hold them up. 

Overall I'm pretty happy, while it's about £250 for the whole base, you potentially get two suits in one. I shouldn't have to change my actual suit all year, just adjust which side I'm using depending on conditions. The below pics are lightly crafted, what I was running in game two weeks ago. The brown side is in use at the moment and it was definitely effective at range. It should be even better this weekend with some time put into it. 

(I'm not wearing the suit, but it shows how effective it ca be with light crafting)

spot_it.thumb.jpg.808d1800335ce7475a44ecf44e623c6c.jpg20231119_094303.thumb.jpg.28a1f27a80a71c1b6179945aae870871.jpg20231119_094212.thumb.jpg.c316dcc9fb2b8ae769c46824fb414e7e.jpg

15 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Impulse purchase ahoy.

Thanks very much Paul @ Action Hobbies for tempting me into yet another toy I don't need!

1720582933_JGG3Angled.thumb.jpg.cfb3913616a2ad36c266dc4fb5241b68.jpg 

1229413641_JGG3Extended.jpg.59ec90b3235bb26136e79677e49e3b44.jpg

JG G3, set up as DMR, so semi-auto only.  I was worried when I found it was all-plastic, but those fears were unfounded tbh, it is very solidly put together.  The motor turns over reasonably nicely on the stick 7.4v LiPo that fits easily in the foregrip.   It was upgraded at Combat South apparently, and they rewired to Deans already, which saves me some ham-fisted soldering :)

A few test shots down the garden proved it shoots nicely.  Chrono'd at 320fps with 0.28g BBs so it's not exactly breathing fire.  I guess I won't know how good it'll work on the field for a while now, but I'll be tempted to stick in a weaker spring so I can get rid of the DMR's MED and just play it as a normal gat.

The little RIS rail .... hmmm, how am I supposed to fit a scope on there?  I guess I need some sort of cantilever mount?  I like the HK iron sights, so maybe it'll stay as it is.

It feels damned cool though!

That’s a damn pretty PewPew 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The little RIS rail .... hmmm, how am I supposed to fit a scope on there?  I guess I need some sort of cantilever mount?  I like the HK iron sights, so maybe it'll stay as it is.

A lot of the modern 1-piece scope mounts do cantilever forward and don't require a lot of 20mm slots, what you have should be enough for something out there.  Cheek weld may be the other issue, as tends to crop up with designs from the 50s(ish) where optics weren't really accommodated for, so I'd say bear that in mind.