The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Simple.

Hand your finances over to me and I will oversee your spending as necessary.😂😂

Regards 

Just bought a Crye Field Shirt and a pair of Crye Field Pants in MTP. I am led to believe they were made for trials with the new Ranger unit.

Edited by Dentonboy

On 08/06/2023 at 18:53, Enid_Puceflange said:

Would something like this not work?

Its what I have to use for my GHK mags

IMG_9232.jpeg.098654a9849831729779cc1fa7133439.jpeg

To revisit this, I've found that an old school tube loader works perfectly. 

Why VFC put a pistol loader in the box I don't know. 

On 14/06/2023 at 23:16, TheFull9 said:

Do let us know how it is.

The G43 arrived yesterday and here's how it looks with the FTC mount

UaiATC8.jpg

Picture is clear and it's not overly heavy.

The FTC has a slight wobble both when extended and retracted, but I don't think it's gonna annoy me too much :)

At about € 100 for the lot, can't really complain.

Not strictly for me 

Compress_20230712_142240_0194.thumb.jpg.30b93af4447abfe2a2cc86ea23a92479.jpg

But thought it a good starter for my mate's youngest who we took out the other weekend.  Gearbox has a nice sound to it and seems pretty responsive.  Post Offices in Reading will not be safe again. LOL

Patrolbase were excellent in that the original one we chose wasn't in stock, but they price matched this and got it out for next day delivery with zero fuss.

Edited by Dan Robinson

15 hours ago, Impulse said:

because who runs an m40a3 these days, let alone a gas one

I've had one in my cupboard for about 8 years now. Haven't run it in about 7.5 years as the aftermarket hop nub (spartan doctrine IIRC) isn't square. Might actually get round to getting the AAC version and using it

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Bought this jacket.

Couldn't resist.

Love Helikons gear. I've got their Alpha Tactical Jacket in the Foliage Green and play it in year round. Might have to invest into one of their Windrunner jackets for when it begins to reguarly pish down.

Edited by MrTea

7 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I've had one in my cupboard for about 8 years now. Haven't run it in about 7.5 years as the aftermarket hop nub (spartan doctrine IIRC) isn't square. Might actually get round to getting the AAC version and using it

Can't remember who used to make the m40a3 gas version (pretty sure there was one though), but the m700 based one is expensive, since you have to get the m700 then also get the conversion kit, but once it's together you get the m700 system behind it and the Action Army m700 hop unit is probably the best hop unit I've ever worked with.

16 hours ago, Impulse said:

Can't remember who used to make the m40a3 gas version (pretty sure there was one though), but the m700 based one is expensive, since you have to get the m700 then also get the conversion kit, but once it's together you get the m700 system behind it and the Action Army m700 hop unit is probably the best hop unit I've ever worked with.

Yep, I've got the KJW m700 and the modelworks m40 kit.

The only other gas m40 i know of is the VFC but that's an a5 barrel. But there might be some like 1990's build that there's only 9 of in existence.

59 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Yep, I've got the KJW m700 and the modelworks m40 kit.

The only other gas m40 i know of is the VFC but that's an a5 barrel. But there might be some like 1990's build that there's only 9 of in existence.

In that case, I can't recommend the Action Army hop unit enough. I've got that, plus a modify X-range and Action Army nub and a crazy jet barrel in mine and it's amazing. For some reason my setup doesn't like Maple Leaf rubbers and sent everything, even .48s with no hop applied, straight to the moon. The X-range bucking though performs really really nicely

As it appears I'm doing cqb every few months I decided to put together an appropriate loadout (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). So I got myself an 8 fields low profile plate carrier along with a triple pistol mag pouch and something to hold shotgun shells, all for a touch under £30.

Overall I'm happy with it as I can't see any obvious problems with any of it, but at first the molle straps on the pistol mag pouch did look a bit thin compared to other molle pouches I own. This did make the pouch easier to attach to the vest but I'll see next week if they're up to the job. The only other slight let down was the dummy plates which came with the vest. They're foam matting which didn't fill the vest and were a bit too flexible for my liking but were quickly swapped for a better set of dummy plates I already have

20230714_084157.thumb.jpg.3739ffa24c41964a722418cf89146265.jpg

The dummy plates which came with it

20230714_084431.thumb.jpg.5c52841f978a45faf00129817737046f.jpg

11 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Looks like a PMR446 locked version of the BF888s - solid choice.

Yeah they seemed OIK when we had a test chat with half a mile of houses between us.  the ear pierce mics are a little pooh, but for £30 delivered you can't expect too much.

32 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Yeah they seemed OIK when we had a test chat with half a mile of houses between us.  the ear pierce mics are a little pooh, but for £30 delivered you can't expect too much.

I'd imagine they would fit any headset etc with a kenwood type plug or adaptor

Got a few parts for my A3 this week, here's Betty relaxing in the garden (excuse the plastic tub) & at home with the rest of the family (A2 is a bit poorly but visiting the doctor in a couple of weeks).

She's 6.4kg so not planning on using her in anger.

361878272_9659247144117267_893656470807555913_n.jpg

362250445_9659238984118083_1950542049420367208_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

Just ordered a Marui Hi-Capa 4.3 from Evike Europe. 

First time I've ordered anything from them, so interested to see how it goes.