The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Victory for Vukodlak forces at Red Alert Battlesim today.

My first battlesim and I bloody LOVED it. 

Charlie squad took objectives, held back attacks from the ETF forces, captured Intel, and helped sway civilian opinion enough that they joined us for the final battle, leading to an overwhelming victory.

Highlight of the day had to be running into battle through multiple smoke grenades while someone on our team was blasting out "King of the swingers" from the Jungle Book on a back pack speaker, and all the Vukodlak forces singing along.

Bloody fantastic day.

IMG_20220403_161212619.jpg

Edited by Skullchewer

14 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Highlight of the day had to be running into battle through multiple smoke grenades while someone on our team was blasting out "King of the swingers" from the Jungle Book on a back pack speaker,

Now that's the sort of thing I love to see in games 

Had an amazing time yesterday at District 23. The new noveske rail was great being able to get my foregrip further towards the front and the temporary solution to the barrel adapter worked a treat. Played for the first time with contact lenses in too and it was amazing, every thing was crystal clear. Also got to try out my modded goggles with some cheap £5 aliexpress turbine fans added to them powered off a small power bank on my hat. Didn't fog once all day for the first time even though i was sweating my ass off. All these little tweaks made yesterday one of my most enjoyable game days yet. There was around 40 people at the start. Which for the size of the site was awesome. Max capacity. The gameplay was solid all day with lots of rentals all giving it their best. Not one complaint of no hit taking at all. Some excellent firefights and competitive gameplay. Came back buzzing with a big grin. Only down side is my MWS started jamming on the last game, the bolt had just ran dry. Hadn't greased after my last game so my fault really. Will make sure to grease it after every game now. 

Lastly one poor guy decide to do a birthday run topless! He took the ensuing hail storm like a champ! 

20220403_120322.jpg

20220403_193143.jpg

8 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Had an amazing time yesterday at District 23. The new noveske rail was great being able to get my foregrip further towards the front and the temporary solution to the barrel adapter worked a treat. Played for the first time with contact lenses in too and it was amazing, every thing was crystal clear. Also got to try out my modded goggles with some cheap £5 aliexpress turbine fans added to them powered off a small power bank on my hat. Didn't fog once all day for the first time even though i was sweating my ass off. All these little tweaks made yesterday one of my most enjoyable game days yet. There was around 40 people at the start. Which for the size of the site was awesome. Max capacity. The gameplay was solid all day with lots of rentals all giving it their best. Not one complaint of no hit taking at all. Some excellent firefights and competitive gameplay. Came back buzzing with a big grin. Only down side is my MWS started jamming on the last game, the bolt had just ran dry. Hadn't greased after my last game so my fault really. Will make sure to grease it after every game now. 

Lastly one poor guy decide to do a birthday run topless! He took the ensuing hail storm like a champ! 

20220403_120322.jpg

20220403_193143.jpg

Dopey sod!

I can think of better ways to celebrate a birthday 🎂 lol.

Regards

On Saturday, I ventured into the darkest depths of Croydon and to Tactical Warfare Airsoft, a site about which I had heard mixed opinions and read mixed reviews.

First impressions were good; the safe zone was well set up and the staff seemed to be on the ball.  Chronoing was with 0.20g BBs, but most sites still seem to do that.  I bumped into a few players that I knew from other sites, so we teamed up for the day, which was cool.  One concern early on was the number of young rentals; however, the vast majority of them turned out to be good players and good hit takers.

It is a small site but nicely bumpy and has a good and quite large CQB area, for those who like that sort of thing.

We played 6 games (3 in the village and 3 in the woods), which were well designed and fun.  Hit taking was just about ok and the marshalling was at the usual level (not great but acceptable).

Would I go back? Yes.

Edited by colinjallen

Another really good day at Reforger with the team + 1. We used a couple of different game areas to last time so it was nice to see some different areas of the site.

Marshals and other players were spot on again, and the rain we were expecting turned into clear skies and sunshine!

Only downside to the day is that my legs are killing me after an uphill assault after lunch! 

Lots of fun with my DMR at Invicta Battlefield yesterday. I really enjoy actually targeting other players and taking them out on a "case by case" basis, rather than just spraying in to the general position of some movement. However as a PSA: if you feel you are being overshot/killed, the best thing you can do is call "hit!" nice and loudly, throw your hand in the air and keep it there as you quickly move back to your respawn. Guess what happens if I'm looking at you through my scope and all I can see is someone milling about or shouting....

Had a weird one at Worthing on Sunday. I only played in the morning and had a huuuuge amount of success in the first two games with the VSR, burning through about 80 BBs and getting around 30+ kills in sheer area denial. However, I stopped playing at lunch due to two reasons. Firstly, the first two games were deceptively successful, because I went to two locations that are always good for sniping all year round; Spring is definitely here and Worthing is really starting to bush up again, which makes a 30m MED a pain to deal with, which I found out in the 3rd game. I didn't fire the VSR once and only got half a dozen kills with the p226 which I haven't used in a long time (but they were some nice shots and I forgot how well my p226 build works!). Large portions of the site are just becoming unusable for snipers and DMRs at Worthing and it's only going to get worse with time, so it may be time to hang up the VSR for 6 months or so.

So why not switch to the other gun I brought? Why not use the m21? That's the second reason. I've been toying around with different hop rubbers and I've come to terms with the fact that while the silicone Maple Leaf VSR rubbers are absolutely god-tier amazing, the silicone AEG rubbers are absolutely trash. My m21 was shooting all over the place in the morning and just wasn't usable. Going to stick the old 60 degree macaron back in there as that was working well, but all the silicone rubbers I tried were absolutely craptastic.

So yeah, moving forward, HPA VSR is going away for a few months. m21 and spring VSR are coming out in its stead as my "snipers" as they're both 1.1J, but I'll also be looking to use my AKM more often, as long as I can borrow my friend's mags when he's not using his :P

Edited by Impulse

Great day at UCAP VENDETTA running the TM MWS and SADF chest rig. Quite a few new-to-site players but the sides were evenly matched and every game a good match. Got some good kills in and ended up with only a few bruises. Was fun to show some n00bs around and lock down the hospital or clear out C wing. 

C417B1D0-F4B8-439A-B618-FCCD909BFE4E.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali
Lack of SADF pics

4 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Great day at UCAP VENDETTA running the TM MWS and SADF chest rig. Quite a few new-to-site players but the sides were evenly matched and every game a good match. Got some good kills in and ended up with only a few bruises. Was fun to show some n00bs around and lock down the hospital or clear out C wing. 

How can you mention SADF kit and not post pics, heresy of the highest order

3 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

How can you mention SADF kit and not post pics, heresy of the highest order

Now fixed 😂

4 hours ago, SSPKali said:

C417B1D0-F4B8-439A-B618-FCCD909BFE4E.jpeg

Were there a lot of players in all?

Last time we went there were so many players that it was a day of constantly getting stuck in choke points and not being able to move. Shame because I went when it first opened and it was a great site. 

5 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Were there a lot of players in all?

Last time we went there were so many players that it was a day of constantly getting stuck in choke points and not being able to move. Shame because I went when it first opened and it was a great site. 

Think it was about 30 a  side. Probably perfect numbers for a skirmish day. When it gets to 50+ a side neither team can progress. About 70% had never played there before either so regulars were at an advantage 

Ah yeah that sounds ideal, there were about 100 in total when we went back! Couldn’t even get in the safe zone we had to sit in a corridor 😂

17 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Now fixed 😂

Beautiful. Split between a VFC Fal (when it releases) and some pat-70 webbing or grabbing a cyma galil as my R4 and selling my kidney to get an m83 battle jacket. 

• Supporters

Hubris, over-familiarity and assumptions really messed me up yesterday.

So many glowing reviews of Airsoft Plantation on here I figured being a long weekend I'd have to try.  Not needing to book is nice in a way but should be accounted for in the game types better from what I saw, various areas are only linked by a few narrow gaps through hedges that you'd probably be injured by if you tried to push through.  The last game that was supposed to be turned around just wasn't because us on the red team held back the attacking side so long.

That aside, personally I screwed myself because I didn't actually bother to spend 30 seconds test firing my guns before packing them as they were working a few months ago when I last played, but some-fuckin-how my ACR sounds like it's stripped its' piston while sat in storage.  It is the old PTS which is OEM by Ares though so if I left it compressed I guess the cheese gave way.  My L85 (pictured) probably hasn't seen a game for pushing 6-7 years; the 345 FPS and high hop combined with me using up my .2s and a new optic was a recipe for shooting almost vertical - could not aim low enough to participate in the game and the hop dial kept spinning infinitely, which again I'm sure was fine when I put it away last.  It was looking like I'd have spent my cash and fuel for nothing and would be heading home about 1030 as I didn't even bring a pistol.  Obviously you don't quit til' all options are exhausted, so I took the bullpup apart, literally just looked and prodded a bit, looked down the barrel while adjusting the hop, reassembled carefully, adjusted the elevation zero as far as possible and in the end only missed maybe 45 minutes worth of play and the gun was running great after that.  I've been bringing 2 long guns to games pretty much since I started and I couldn't believe it when I was facing the prospect of driving an hour back home before lunch frankly, stunned.  That's life kicking me in the butt for being at this too long and getting lax, you can't let it happen as a walk-on.

278604790_2608341082629960_9076871004977310149_n.thumb.jpg.a32fcfaf5b86814e17e8b12c2f5652cc.jpg

Anyway, mini review.  Price is good (£25), main guy running it is excellent, tons of covered benches in the SZ, gents are not bad and actually had hand soap and paper towels, I think the water was drinkable but brought plenty.  Burger van isn't bad at all, about £5.50 for chicken+bacon and some crisps since they don't do chips, quality middling but absolutely fine and they take card.

Was slightly taken aback they site doesn't do card at this point, but then they'd have to put the price up in fairness, just wish this was made obvious on their website (unless I'm a total blind bat).  We did start the safety brief almost 25 minutes late which frankly I was not impressed by, but the rule set seems decent overall, apart from perhaps the 'gas' (smoke) grenade thing which is weird.  They say they spot chrono all the time but I didn't witness that, what I did witness was 2 marshals having their own little mini game within the game, also disappointing.  I personally enjoy the fact of just leaving 2 chronos just outside the SZ for me to use myself, it's a pure honour game and on the one hand people can always modify and break energy rules, but if there's no morning chrono and rare (if any) spot checks I do have some small concerns.

Considering how many were in attendance, a 97% well behaved bunch it would have to be said, seems a good place for that.  There we a couple of kids and dragged-along girlfriends playing who seemed happy and content when I saw them which is a strong indicator.  I think the game types sometimes made poor use of a very large site and I think they've bitten off more than they can chew in terms of areas/props as everything I saw was falling apart and full of rubbish.  I wouldn't go back without a DMR/BASR either purely as those guys dominated given the layout, and it's a bit far for me to regularly travel given the layout doesn't lend to the closer in battles I like.  If you want 'woodland' type ranges but with more features and lots of players though, absolutely, give a game a try.

• Supporters

Glad to hear it, I hope they do a good amount.

It was roughly middle of the afternoon, I'd died defending the killhouse area and had moved back to the village, was stood in a wooden hut looking through my 4x at the scaffolding arch that leads right through to the SZ entrance.  Was waiting a decent while as each fall back was taking the blue attackers a long time to push and I spent at least 5, maybe 10, minutes watching a marshal with a pistol having a little back and forth fight with someone out of my line of sight.  Wasn't just a test shot on a player.  Not the end of the world obviously, but I doubt there were no players he and his adversary could've been watching/helping.

I went to Spec Ops Blox for the first (and probably last) time yesterday.

Meh. Not amazing but not terrible - I expected better facilities and fields from a site that's been around for so long. Staff were friendly enough though.

2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

apart from perhaps the 'gas' (smoke) grenade thing which is weird

Do you mean using certain coloured smokes as deadly gas to clear an area? 

10 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I went to Spec Ops Blox for the first (and probably last) time yesterday.

Meh. Not amazing but not terrible - I expected better facilities and fields from a site that's been around for so long. Staff were friendly enough though.

Interesting. Iirc we live in the same part of the world, and I'm looking for alternatives to Ground Zero without having to go too far. Spec Ops was a possibility. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Do you mean using certain coloured smokes as deadly gas to clear an area? 

Yellow smoke is 'poison gas' except if you have a respirator of a certain rating you can survive in it, apparently.  Except the radius it takes out wasn't explained, and I don't know anywhere else that does it so to me personally was an odd rule.  Didn't really matter, didn't see much of it, just not a fan myself.

21 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Yellow smoke is 'poison gas' except if you have a respirator of a certain rating you can survive in it, apparently.  Except the radius it takes out wasn't explained, and I don't know anywhere else that does it so to me personally was an odd rule.  Didn't really matter, didn't see much of it, just not a fan myself.

A site near me does the same. My local site is red = incendiary. No survival, everyone dies. It's a great way to clear an objective, or your own team if you get the wind direction wrong 😂

50 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I expected better facilities and fields from a site that's been around for so long. Staff were friendly enough though.

Worthing has also been around for a very long time but only just got a chemical toilet in this year 👍 Best staff though.