The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

On 14/02/2022 at 07:11, Hamster82 said:

Had a great day yesterday trying out Ambush Airsoft in Cobham for the first time.

Had seen a few old reviews that had me in two minds but seems the new management have found their feet.

Arrival and check in were quick and chrono checks carried out for all.

Despite the heavy rain from around lunchtime there were plenty of games played with scenarios varying from attack/defend, domination, capture the flags and a very enjoyable entrenched snipers vs everybody else that rolled through multiple play areas.

Good mix of woodland setting with various well built structures and hard cover (some with multiple levels) dotted around giving plenty of options.

Respawns we’re within easy reach and reload visits to the safe zone were frequent but short (enough time to refill mags and have a quick smoke/coffee) keeping play time to a maximum.

Marshals we’re on point and kept everything flowing and there was a good mix of regulars, rentals and randoms like me - it was nice to see the regulars helping out and encouraging the rentals to push and get stuck in.

Decent shop selection and lunch provided was hot and filling.

All in all had a great day and will definitely be going back again.

I did get clocked with a burst to the thumb that is definitely going to leave a mark! 😆

5BFDDA0F-32A8-4AB0-9DAF-F1036D94AB9E.jpeg

BE449C6B-A21F-47EB-9427-563CEC7A8E95.jpeg

8B32CD34-85E6-4F38-99C2-A11DF890DDD0.jpeg

2D8AB363-166E-4156-9AB4-46E1CEC242EB.jpeg

29EB5FE9-1AC7-47DA-A73C-0ED806F39E26.jpeg

Ouch,  Were you red or Blue? I am the fat bloke in DPM with the Warq on. Shame about the mud!
Were you one of the Zombie volunteers, we've not laughed so much in a long time with 30 folks spraying their cover on full auto so they just couldn't move

Edited by MadMole

On 13/03/2022 at 18:37, strykerles said:

Not been playing today but had 3 guns in bits for cleaning, lubing and mild upgrading

does that count?

also copious amounts of alcohol and snacks as the wife is away 😁

Sounds divine good sir 👌 

Forgot to post about the actual game :D

So this Sunday we were 8 on the field, cold, but clear morning.

decided to run the kit I'm gonna be using on mid May's 21h event and I'm glad I did because now half the shit is gonna stay home :D

I've reduced the number of mags from 6 to 3 (2+1), won't bring the mayflower rig but the TMR, will ditch the belt and will store the mk23 in my backpack until the night phase, where it will become my primary.

I'm also bringing a larger pack, 9 litres might not be enough for water, clothes (waterproof top + fleece) and mk23+mags+gas.

as far as the actual game, I had a big oof moment where I was defending and an attacker walked right past me without seeing me, I fired 4 shots with the mk23 and the first two hit the only fucking piece of shit sapling between us, the third zipped past his head and when the 4th was flying, he had already seen me so we traded kills -.-

other than that it was a fun day, I enjoy low numbers way more than 20+ players days, I get way more space to move around and make plays and the low numbers (either 10 or 13) are what we have in tournaments, so it's good training in addition to much quicker games and the chance to teach new kids a thing or two..

this Sunday, for example, it was radio comms, when to use it, how to use it and how to set it up in a way where you can't accidentally operate the PTT so everyone can hear how much of a short breathed fuck you are :D

Because literally, last time one guy had his rifle sling pushing on his PTT and all we heard was boars having an orgy.

Next Sunday it'll be shooting back when being shot at, cuz I see way too many people duck in cover instead of fighting back lol

Edited by Skara

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Next Sunday it'll be shooting back when being shot at, cuz I see way too many people duck in cover instead of fighting back lol

I see this way too much. Come around a corner and someone has the angle on you and you pull up your gun thinking they will beat you to it, and they duck. Well guess what now you have the advantage as you keep your sights on their position and take them out the instant the pop back up. Tactics 101 know when you have the advantage and keep it.

5 minutes ago, Khyber said:

I see this way too much. Come around a corner and someone has the angle on you and you pull up your gun thinking they will beat you to it, and they duck. Well guess what now you have the advantage as you keep your sights on their position and take them out the instant the pop back up. Tactics 101 know when you have the advantage and keep it.

Yeah for us is more like:

We are 4 people and there is one defender, once he fires he might hit the first but the other 3 need to literally bukkake him in plastic.

Defense knows where we are, so being sneaky doesn't work anymore and we need to get the overmatch..

Unfortunately people still think BBs are evil and must be avoided at all costs :P

After what seemed like an eternity I managed to get everything together for my first ever non rental game (big boy now) like a CM16 and a Titan battery to power it. 

Additionally a mate of mine said his kid wanted to play and had no idea where to start so we all went to Airsoft Plantation so I could show them what the deal was and make sure he liked it! 

It was a fairly safe bet, AP do a nice game day and the rental kit is always good. 

I was a little apprehensive playing without the reassurance of being able to just get any gun issues fixed like I did when I rented but I must say both the new gun and battery performed really well, when I checked the cells afterwards they were still way over 7.4v total and they could have gone longer if I’d have wanted to. All that said it the nerves were initially counterbalanced by only paying 25 quid for the walk on - much easier on the pocket! 

My mate and his lad had a great day too, even though it rained some the day wasn’t spoiled at all, we played some excellent set  pieces at times and had really enjoyed the games. 

The battleaxe 200rd mid caps I had fed just fine too, highly recommended! 

16 minutes ago, Dogsbody100 said:

After what seemed like an eternity I managed to get everything together for my first ever non rental game (big boy now) like a CM16 and a Titan battery to power it. 

Additionally a mate of mine said his kid wanted to play and had no idea where to start so we all went to Airsoft Plantation so I could show them what the deal was and make sure he liked it! 

It was a fairly safe bet, AP do a nice game day and the rental kit is always good. 

I was a little apprehensive playing without the reassurance of being able to just get any gun issues fixed like I did when I rented but I must say both the new gun and battery performed really well, when I checked the cells afterwards they were still way over 7.4v total and they could have gone longer if I’d have wanted to. All that said it the nerves were initially counterbalanced by only paying 25 quid for the walk on - much easier on the pocket! 

My mate and his lad had a great day too, even though it rained some the day wasn’t spoiled at all, we played some excellent set  pieces at times and had really enjoyed the games. 

The battleaxe 200rd mid caps I had fed just fine too, highly recommended! 

Which team were you on?  It was a good day, wasn’t it?

On 15/03/2022 at 19:18, colinjallen said:

Which team were you on?  It was a good day, wasn’t it?

Blue, found the reds to be a very decent opfor! And yes it definitely was a decent days gaming, I knew it’d be a good intro for my mate and his lad, he messaged me yesterday asking about batteries for guns, looks like they’re hooked already 😂😂

11 hours ago, Dogsbody100 said:

Blue, found the reds to be a very decent opfor! And yes it definitely was a decent days gaming, I knew it’d be a good intro for my mate and his lad, he messaged me yesterday asking about batteries for guns, looks like they’re hooked already 😂😂

Excellent!  That is what we want, more people prepared to splash their entire disposable income on toys :).

Blue here as well, wearing CCE and toting an MPiKM (morning) and an AMD65 (afternoon).

More peeps! Perfect. I have taken 2 different peopleto my local site with 2 more saying they will try it too. Makes the gameplay much more enjoyable for newcomers if they know someone to come along with. 

What a day was had at ‘Red alert Newbury!’ for some of us it was bit of a commute (Scotland) seriously good folk in attendance, seriously good marshalling, but most of all seriously fun skirmishing, 10/10. 

thanks to @Skullchewer for providing extra kit/weapons and advice on the day, I forgot to bring my patch home…I was one of the famous five 

and Lone wolf Scott it was great to meet you

Next Sunday…going dark for some first time CQB at ‘the Depot’ in my home town

Edited by Gloombones

An awesome first day back at Worthing airsoft after about 4 years away. I took a few guns out for their first games, my tac 41, VFC MP7 and TM USP c and took the bullpup ak out for the first time in ages. Overall, no complaints. Once the ho bedded in and I dialed in the hop and scope I was nailing people with the tac 41 from way out of their range with .4s. The USP c also ran flawlessly and got a couple of good kills with it. The MP7 was a little disappointing in the morning at the range but once it warmed up it was actually pretty good. I didn't manage to use it in a game though as I only had the one mag. The AK didn't pass chrono but I think that was because of some stray .2s in the mag. I'm not complaining though as it encouraged me to use the sniper. I played a bit too aggressively at first and got shot a lot but as it settled and I started to trust it more I was able to push the ranges further. My absolute highlight was flanking hard to the south side right at the bottom of the site. I got behind the enemy held objective and cleared it out single handedly. I pushed in with a couple of others and we captured it with 30 seconds to go, winning the game for our team. I thought I'd gotten away relatively unscathed right up until I got nailed in the head by a sniper in the final 2 minutes. He came over and apologized after but I was all laughs about it. 

IMG_20220327_160924.jpg

Had a good day at Spartan CQB in chippenham yesterday. 

Morning started with around 50 people, at least 25 of which were rental players. As per usual with rentals, we were finding a LOT of folks not calling hits. Marshalls were really good at enforcing it when they saw any issues, so much so, we could constantly hear "you're hit", "you're hit" from the Marshalls. 

After lunch gameplay was spot on though, 20 of the rentals left during lunch. We were down to around 30 players, suddenly everyone was calling hits, play was a LOT better.

All in all a good day. 

Spent the day at Red1 Cheselhurst today. First time out this year. What a great start for the year. 

Looks like the chill and clouds and small drizzle kept the hoards away only about 40 of us. Excellent numbers for this site. There was a large group of rentals, about 10 or so, marshals from the off went over and told them they were being split so they could shoot each other. Another excellent piece of marshaling in my opinion as it gave balance to the smaller teams. 

Hit taking great (over all - there were comments from the rentals that the rentals were not taking all hits) overall.

Red1 have a shinny piece of kit - a bomb set up with multi function. They used this on a number of games which worked well. 

Only gripe about the site and how the day was was run was that the game briefs were lacking in some detail, with marshal distracted having to stop himself to stop other people talking during them. Mentioned this to the head (I think) marshal and he was already thinking ahead on how to fix the issue for next time round.

Airsofters, being airsofters they were not the quickest getting out of the safezone for games despite the Red1 staff being vocal and trying to conjoule the players out quickly

It might be 90mins by public transport but so far it has 2/2 good shooting days

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

I thought I'd gotten away relatively unscathed right up until I got nailed in the head by a sniper in the final 2 minutes. He came over and apologized after but I was all laughs about it. 

Ouch! Our usual blood sacrifice was off today so I think you pulled the short straw 😂

Great day at Worthing. Smaller turnout than usual and a fair few left towards the end of the day making the teams quite small. Honestly I thought it was great, it adds a new dynamic to the field. For some reason our team had about 8 snipers on it though, but everything was still very balanced, it was quite back and forth all day thanks to a lot of the objectives requiring pushing into and area and holding it. Blues made some good pushes after a few encouraging words from some of the players. I managed to eat s*&% jumping a branch on game start. On the plus side, my gun can take a bit of a fall and keep working! What was actually much worse was taking cover behind a tree, only for my knees to find every single chestnut shell on the damn site, the one time I don't bring knee pads 😭 

That was due to my newly made ghillie trousers! I also did a bit more crafting on the suit. Much fun, much invisibility. I think my summer ghillie with what I've learned is going to be excellent :DUnfortunately my red dot died while I was in some great close range spots which made things a bit harder.

We also t6ook my friend's brother out for his first game too and he had a great time, so the squad grows! 

All in all, a great day as usual. Next weekend I've got a private game at the ucap bunker in portsmouth, so that should bring some great stories! 

276258648_5352496898115286_2388322508925191109_n.jpg

Stonking day at special ops yesterday, beautiful weather, a more reasonable player count of around 60 people meant there was more chance to push, and reasonably balanced teams all added up to a good day

Personally I had some tech issues..  I brought my new Tippmann HPA M4 along, expecting to actually use that for the whole day, but ended up not using it at all - instead the trusty Double Eagle M906c was my choice throughout.  And I got a mountain of kills with it, thanks to it reaching out a decent distance and me getting in some good positions or just being outright reckless with some pushes with some hip-fire suppression as I attacked.

Possibly my best day of Airsoft since I started playing again in November ☺️

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Guest Mr. No_Face

Was actually a last minute decision to go today but the forecast is looking pretty shitty for the next 2 weekends and today was perfect weather for GBBRs. I actually took a risk attending since I haven't finished making the necessary amendments to my kit but surprisingly I didn't drop any mags.... probably because I was playing twice as reserved as I usually do. I had a blast running my MWS CQBR despite being on a team that refused to push for the objectives and lost every single game.

Had a super toxic guy and his toxic girlfriend on my team who were constantly giving the rentals shit about them loafing around and not pushing for the objectives. I mean, the rentals were pretty useless today but it's not that serious. Usually I would have probably given them a lil kick up the arse too but I was having far too much fun running my GBBR. Eventually the toxic dude had enough of being on a shitty team and gave up mid game, but not before telling the rentals how incompetent and shit they were lol. I managed to convince one of the rentals to make one aggressive push with me to get closer to the objectives but he seemed more concerned with my loadout and just staring at me, weapon at his waist. An enemy BB to the noggin quickly snapped him out of his trance lol.😆

So Toxic dude decides to re-join for the last game in which we had to defend 3 objectives with 1 life per player and in record timing our team is flanked from both sides and wiped out within 5 minutes of the game starting leaving myself, toxic guy and his girlfriend to defend the objectives lol. At this point all we can do is laugh......we lost again 

So in concluding, I had a great time despite being on a team that lost every game. I kinda feel bad for the rentals though, since that's not the kind of introduction into this sport they needed. I wont be surprised if the majority of them choose not to come back after their encounter with "Toxic guy and Toxic girl".

16 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I wont be surprised if the majority of them choose not to come back after their encounter with "Toxic guy and Toxic girl".

Good write up.  Shame about the moaning bastards.   I never understand playing when not prepared to enter into the spirit of the game.   

Guest Mr. No_Face
34 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Good write up.  Shame about the moaning bastards.   I never understand playing when not prepared to enter into the spirit of the game.   

Unfortunately some people show up with winning as their primary objective as apposed to fun. Also I've notice that dude's that show up with their missus always feel the need to be "alpha chad" for some reason.

I've never understood the whole winning is everything mentality as some of the best games I've had have been when I'm on the receiving end of an arse kicking, also being severely disadvantaged and having to think about what you're doing makes you a better player. I mean how are you supposed to improve your game if every game is a cake walk? 

Having said that, if the teams were so mismatched then surely the marshals should've swapped people around to make things more balanced? 

Hopefully some of the rentals would've seen that Mr and Mrs toxic were a small minority and will be back

Edited by Cannonfodder

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Having said that, if the teams were so mismatched then surely the marshals should've swapped people around to make things more balanced? 

Exactly this, and part of what made my day yesterday. Head counts are one thing but if all rentals seem to be one same team..... Same as for the 'teams' and groups that rock up together. 

Also if rentals have other rentals to shoot at ...

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Hopefully some of the rentals would've seen that Mr and Mrs toxic were a small minority and will be back

Were it not for the fact that the other team had just as many rentals they probably would've re-balanced.  They just happened to have much better rentals who were more engaged and seem to understand the game better. It also didn't help much that they had 2 regular site members who were skilled snipers.

The marshals clearly saw that our team was getting absolutely hammered and even took on coaching roles, trying to encourage them to push up and fight back instead of loafing around at the back of the map. I was trying to encourage them too but to no avail.

But yeah, hopefully that cussing they received hasn't killed their enthusiasm for this sport. Wouldn't be surprised if it has though. I'm certain many of them went home feeling like absolute garbage.