The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

1st game of 2022 gone, it was fun..

What isn't fun is the hole I discovered in my mayflower rig. A perfect square in one of the side pouches.

No fucking clue how it happened but I'm getting it fixed tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

1st game of 2022 gone, it was fun..

What isn't fun is the hole I discovered in my mayflower rig. A perfect square in one of the side pouches.

No fucking clue how it happened but I'm getting it fixed tomorrow.

Snagged on something? That sucks.

Had a great day at strikeforce.... had a bit of a scare when my gun stopped cycling but my poor maintenance regime was to blame lol

Mixed feelings however as to marks on my eotech hood from having my gun slung and rubbing against my mag pouches 20220109_203258.thumb.jpg.f538d143878a6ae828eb6f2e382ce532.jpg

Today was interesting.

We played in the lower part of the field (hardest one die to steepness and vegetation) which we haven't visited since last summer, vegetation had grown up exponentially, all the usual flanking paths were blocked so we had to improvise and find new ways around some of the objectives..

Games went relatively well, in one the whole attack got wiped out by a single defender and it was a rather fun scene to watch: this guy literally standing in the open spots the team, opens fire while still standing in the open and nobody saw him :D

Could have been a very enjoyable morning if it wasn't for the many, many complaints I received about one kid who wasn't calling his hits. It's the same kid I had a couple of sketchy engagements in the recent past but didn't bother me too much, I just held onto the trigger a little longer than usual and ultimately he called it.

Today though, every single game someone would come up to me saying this kid didn't call the hit, that they had seen BBs bounce off his body and this sparked a bit of tension towards the end of the day.

Usually when this kind of stuff happens I just tell them to get smarter at dealing with it *ahem, just fire a slightly longer burst and maybe close the distance while doing so, pain can be an amazingly effective teacher*

I guess I'll have a chat with said kid soon, he will probably deny everything but still worth a try.

A great day at Apocalypse just outside Royston on Sunday, despite the kurtz deciding to throw a tantrum and decide to work fine on the range but not in game twice. I ended up spending the afternoon running around with just the gas shotgun and a training knife,the 4 knife kills in under 5 minutes was a nice bonus

Had my first game of the year yesterday at Coms Site 3. It was... fine? First game and a half I was dicking around with my TAC getting everything tuned in properly and had a few nice shots. Ultimately landed on want to be a bit more active (and the 'suspect sportsmanship' was catching like wildfire... more on that later) so swapped over to the MWS. Or at least had planned to, it wasn't enjoying the temperature much so I dipped back into the boot and begrudgingly dragged the NGRS out for the rest of the day. Not sure why it was begrudgingly mind, always performs really well and is yet to let me down but alas, it wasn't my first pick.

I am not, and hope to never be one for cheat calling or getting riled by supposed cheats. I've been playing far too long for it to bother me much at this point, but ohh boy was a this a day for allegations. Allegations from all over the place which ultimately led to a pretty hostile atmosphere from both sides and put a bit of a dampner on the day. Nevertheless I managed to sneak (read as, charge straight at without them noticing me) behind a chap taking cover behind a barricade and have a rare 'ok, so where is the most humane place to shoot this poor sod' moments (said poor sod had 4-5 folks moaning he wasn't taking their hit, can confirm they took that one). Definitely a personal highlight.

Always nice to give new kit a run out, never been a big fan of UBACS so gave the Velocity rugby shirt a go. Definitely glad I picked up two, I imagine I'll be getting some more.

DSC3082-Custom.thumb.jpg.eb4983d7eec6b8a73ac4edf6ec83574a.jpg

Edited by alxndrhll

Mixed day for me, mostly good but one downer and one item lost

So off to Special Ops for the first game of the year.  I spent so much time sorting out my kit my wife was taking the piss out of me... Revenge for New Year's Eve when she packed a suitcase for one night and I ripped on her 😋

The downer was when I took my newly painted F2000 to the range to dial in the hop at full distance for the first time.  Chronoing bang on 350fps with. 20g, the damn thing would not lift my 0.28g BB's at all and consequently would not get past 30m. I only had a handful of 0.20s left so that wasn't an option really

I took the gun to the play field but just stuck with the DE, and had a great time with it.

I did take the F2000 with me, and this is where I lost a bit of kit.  The sight protector bought from eBay for my Amazon-special Kingscope red dot got knocked off somewhere in transit.  I'll have to get another and fix it in place... Velcro or glue.

Did get a compliment from the site tech about the F2000's paint job,  so I was keen to fix it at lunchtime to use it for the rest of the day

I decided to do some field tech work on the hop.  I reinforced the nub with a small length of fine plastic straw inserted in to it 

That didn't seem to make the bucking impinge too much into the barrel but I started getting lots of misfeed and double feeds.  So I 'abandoned shit' and left it behind for the afternoon.  Bought a second hi capa mag to cheer myself up 🙂

More good times with the DE ... 

Great day out, good sportsmanship all round.

Another ridiculously good game day. I'm starting to think I'm just hitting my stride and getting back to how good I was as a teenager. Been burning through ammo and had to swap out to my big tank today as my little one ran out. Target rich environment with so many kills! Had a game where we had to push through a specific gap (it's a real killer. It's a fairly steep hill with the defenders shooting down on you. We call it Omaha!) and I was one of the people who pushed through with my bush suit and mk23 (after taking people out from just below the threshold on the flank). Pushed through and quickly made my way behind their whole team and just started picking everyone off from behind. Ah, I'm loving the ghillie and the VSR and the mk23 right now; it's amazing.

We did have a group of rentals who were taking the piss though. Blatant non-hit taking to the point where it wasn't even amusing any more. So many instances of hitting them, hearing the impact from where I was firing from (not close, so everyone's hearing it) and seeing the impact on their baggy DPM jacket, only for them to just... ignore it. Started to give them a few Kicking Mustang specials as the day went on, but even thwacking BBs off the face masks was met with totally ignoring it to the point where I got a marshall to stand next to one of them, dinked one off his mask and he still tried not to take it; marshall wasn't having that. Only got annoyed by it when I shot a group of 4 of them with the mk23 when they took cover near me (didn't see me because ghillie is good and I was very still), none of them took the hit and they all just full-auto'd me from about 5m away. Not impressed! They were also just ignoring respawn rules, walking back about 20m, having a little ponder and then going back into game. I watched one of them do that, shot him twice with the mk23 so he put his hand up, walked 20m down the path and then just went back into the game. You have to laugh, because what else can we do. They were reported to the marshalls by a lot of people it sounded like. One of them also got told off for blind firing, and while he was being told off for blind firing his friend who was next to him started blind firing right in front of the marshall as the marshall was telling the original one not to.

Going to ache tomorrow. Me playing like I'm 17 again means that while I am a slow, methodical bush-monster, there are times of explosive movement and fast play. At least it's good for the new year weight loss programme! I'm not old by any stretch of the imagination (especially not in this hobby, I still feel like a bit of a baby), but I'm also not 17 any more! 😅

A very slow start to the year for one reason or another.  Usual game day at Tuddenham run by Gunman. End of the month skirmish rather than filmsim, but I needed to play pretty desperately.

The weather was nice and bright although the frost stayed most of the day in a few shady places.  Very little wind at all, which can make games a bit one sided at some sites, so pretty perfect for January.

The place looked very busy, with a full complement of players.   There are never too many with the booking system having a sensible cap even pre-C19. 

The morning games were in the woods.   After a quick death match to warm everyone up, coats and jumpers were discarded, and a game of accompanying the flag to the well took place.  The first game was huge fun, the defending team playing very well, and the attackers putting up a really spirited attack.  The turnaround was even better.  The attacking team really played very well, coordinating themselves tightly as possible with an ad hoc squad, and taking some very reckless attempts to gain the objective.  The finale was a huge series of runs at the target through an almost endless wall of plastic.  I lost count of the number of attempts, but each one was great fun to see.

As I was defending, I enjoyed trying to hit each moving target on single shot, as I had decided to take my new K98.  The rifle performed flawlessly, being consistent, accurate and fairly flat shooting for a rif.  I got a surprising amount of kills with it and a massive sense of satisfaction from doing so.   I did use my M4 for the last five minutes as it seemed a mite selfish to the other team members to handicap myself when they were playing so competitively.  It is the most fun rif I’ve used for an introduction to its foibles.  I’m really glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and used a bolt action. 

Lunch was taken up by chatting to the old friend that I gave a lift to.  It was shocking how long we had not seen each other.  We both seem to have spent lockdown buying obscure Soviet milsurp gear. 

The afternoon games were in the village.  I went over to the M4, but in hindsight should have used my shotgun.  The first game saw a tight defence and pretty tight attacks.  I managed to get into a position with a good field of fire and few approaches, but someone did flank me in the end.  I had a stack of kills to my account so no shame, and I shouted my congratulations to whoever the marksman was.  A couple of us had such good lines of sight through one building from the bushes in which we hid, that a marshal checked that we had not sneaked into the buildings themselves which were out of bounds.  Eventually I was spotted and a chap got me with a cracking shot that more than equalled my own efforts. 

The turnaround was even better with some really aggressive attacks that were held up by even more aggressive defence.  TBH some of the playing got too competitive and there was some creeping into forbidden positions and I overshooting, but the play was so fast and furious that it did not spoil things, at least for me.  I didn’t hear any angry shouts and heard little moaning so it did not seem to matter much to others either.  I did get hit by a MK5 that went off beside my head as it fell, which was bloody painful as my friend had forgotten his radio, and I had left mine in the car along with the ear defenders etc.  Bizarrely it didn’t set my tinnitus off (and wont fingers crossed) but I still can’t hear quite right nearly six hours later.  Such things happen, and it was impossible to have been done with any malice.  I only mention it to remind us that ear pro is a good idea.  The game ended with some really excellent toing and froing with positions being taken and retaken, with some good personal duals developing between players. 

The last game was an unusual affair played in the trenches.  Four players entered, and when hit were replaced by another, the order of new players being formed by a simple queue at the edge of the trench on the earthworks.  The players who waited their turn on the earthworks shouted directions to the players in the trench system. 

I had not played this game before and it was an absolute blast.  My first two attempts were pretty poor, but my third and fourth were really good.  The key was to play as fast as possible and to lay down a fair bit of fire.  Trying my usual sneaky style of playing was pretty useless. 

In all, I thoroughly enjoyed my day.  The games were a lot more involved than the last time that I played under this marshal team, who did their usual excellent job.  I don’t mind players becoming carried away and actually playing the game harder, it beats sullen hanging back. I really had a blast using a bolty for once, and am looking forward to using it for milsims etc. 

Shock horror, I nearly used my pistol today thanks to the K98.  Running red gas it ran fine in the low temp.  I didn’t actually shoot the thing for the first time in my airsoft career but there we go.   I ended the day dog tired with several cuts from brambles, a load of welts from BBs and a feeling that I had properly worked out, throwing myself around like a loon.  Rushing to and from buildings, I ended up throwing myself out of the window and straight into the ground in order to make use of cover three times in one game.  I might ache at school tomorrow…

Overall, the same excellent day that I have grown to expect, I shall be back very soon. 

@Khyberglad you enjoyed it! You can’t put a price on a good day out! (Unless you ask the Mrs in which case the price is definitely half of what I’ve actually spent on anything airsoft related 😂)

@Jacob Wright Totally agree there like. Though my Mrs knows exactly how much I spend on my hobbies. But with only minor grumbling thankfully. She is a keeper 😂 there is as much money invested in my toys  of various hobbies in my little corner of our bedroom than in the rest of the house put together including the car 😂 

Edited by Khyber

Last Sunday was somewhat interesting, 4 people in our club tested positive for the Kung Flu, and another two woke up with fever, so there were only 7 people on the field.

Nonetheless we played and I had fun sneaking around plinking people in the ass with my pistols.

Also took the T-11 with me but it didn't see much use apart from a couple of shots.

Another good one today at Worthing, but in a very unexpected way. Fairly uneventful morning with the VSR, sniping people from hidden positions is always fun. However, nothing to write home about like the past few skirmishes, it was a very normal BB conservative morning.

However, I knew it was going to rain in the afternoon, so I packed my TM416D with no attachments as well as rain + scopes = blurry vision and I really didn't want to have to dismantle the VSR and mk23 to clean them since I just did a few days ago. It's been literally years since I played with a normal AEG rifle and... it was so much easier. Still some sneakiness, but mostly just lots of fast paced speedyboi gameplay. Considering it was only firing at 0.7J (stock TM NGRS gearbox) it was shooting much further than I thought it would. I lost count of how many people I hit out with it, but I was making a lot of plays. Didn't think I had it in me as I haven't used a normal rifle since late 2019, but was surprised at just how much work I could get done with the iron sights and a very lightweight chest rig with a few mags and an Odin speedloader in my pocket. The sniper fundamentals definitely helped, plus my old old knowledge of how to use cover and using shoulder transfers to peek unpredictably. I had to leave before the final game because I ran out of battery (I only brought one because I was only using it for the afternoon games. Didn't think I'd need the second!). I look forward to when I can get my hands on an MWS and some AK mags, because I'm still not the biggest fan of AEGs, but I've definitely opened my eyes to the prospect of not dressing up like a bush monster.

Had a great day yesterday trying out Ambush Airsoft in Cobham for the first time.

Had seen a few old reviews that had me in two minds but seems the new management have found their feet.

Arrival and check in were quick and chrono checks carried out for all.

Despite the heavy rain from around lunchtime there were plenty of games played with scenarios varying from attack/defend, domination, capture the flags and a very enjoyable entrenched snipers vs everybody else that rolled through multiple play areas.

Good mix of woodland setting with various well built structures and hard cover (some with multiple levels) dotted around giving plenty of options.

Respawns we’re within easy reach and reload visits to the safe zone were frequent but short (enough time to refill mags and have a quick smoke/coffee) keeping play time to a maximum.

Marshals we’re on point and kept everything flowing and there was a good mix of regulars, rentals and randoms like me - it was nice to see the regulars helping out and encouraging the rentals to push and get stuck in.

Decent shop selection and lunch provided was hot and filling.

All in all had a great day and will definitely be going back again.

I did get clocked with a burst to the thumb that is definitely going to leave a mark! 😆

5BFDDA0F-32A8-4AB0-9DAF-F1036D94AB9E.jpeg

BE449C6B-A21F-47EB-9427-563CEC7A8E95.jpeg

8B32CD34-85E6-4F38-99C2-A11DF890DDD0.jpeg

2D8AB363-166E-4156-9AB4-46E1CEC242EB.jpeg

29EB5FE9-1AC7-47DA-A73C-0ED806F39E26.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

@Hamster82 I always seem to get clipped in the hand and always swear that I’ll wear gloves to the next game 😂 I have yet to actually purchase any…

That was with gloves on!!! To be fair they’re not armoured but I don’t think that would have helped given where o got hit.

In fairness to the guy it was a good shot and he sprayed me through a window that I “assumed” my team were covering! 😆

A mostly good day at Special Ops yesterday... took my F2000, M906 and AK47S (which only shoots reliably on semi so was my backup-backup).  
F2000 decided that it would hop my 0.28's thanks to the new hop unit and bucking.  Which was nice.  Not so good was I think I put too much hop on, jammed the barrel and the gearbox.  So back to the trusty DE M906.  

A decent enough morning's play, with my gun running like a champ

The rain came in harder at lunchtime, feeling a bit damp and cold.  I was wearing my newly acquired MTP windproof smock, and was at this point wishing I'd bought the waterproof one.  A change of undershirt made life much nicer. 

Double helping of tasty meatballs for lunch, and luckily the rain mostly went away before we restarted.

The afternoon involved an interesting game of Jailbreak where 6 of us armed only with pistols were prisoners in the enemy camp.  Our team attacked to break us out of the 'kill house' area we were in, but the marshals also had the ability to call 'jailbreak' at which point we could open fire and make a run for it.  So they did, and chaos ensued :)   Unfortunately I got annoyed at this point. Having been waiting 20 minutes for the big chance, I shot a guy twice in the back and expected to select my next target.  But instead he turned around and started shooting at me, so I lost my chance.   

We all got zapped so and 15 minutes of choosing our moments when we'd make another rush, which usually involved getting a couple of very close range pistol kills and then getting lit up by everyone around!  One of us did actually manage to escape.
It was good to give my new Hi Capa a decent try out, it performed perfectly in the cold.

At this point my battery died, and my game time came to a premature end.  I had to run (well jog/walk) back to the safe zone to grab the other 11.1v battery out of the F2K, which was about 1.5km round trip.  And then I couldn't get the damn thing connected... the PTS EPS stock and the short connector lead on the DE just turned out to be impossible to deal with in the cold / wet.  I've got an extension lead in the AR15 which I've now transplanted across.  

A few more indestructible players around than usual, there were a few teenage hoody / puffa jacketed kids deciding to ignore anything short of painful headshots... for which I was happy to oblige.

But still, I got through a wet-ish day without feeling miserable.  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

So yesterday was mainly about testing the mp5 high caps I had bought for my King Arms PDW and my general CQB/PDW specific loadout.

They feed fine, but they sit a touch too snug into the magwell so I'm gonna slightly sand it wider, maybe a quarter of a millimetre per side, just to ensure they drop nicely as the magazine release is proprietary and looks ultra flimsy and I don't want to force it in any way.

Gameplay itself was meh, I wasn't focused at all. But everyone didn't seem too motivated either, so I guess it was just one of those days :D

Also when I came home i took the AK apart for the N'th time to clean the mosfet and give it a general check, ended up reshimming the bevel gear, leaving it a touch looser. Hopefully it'll run fine next Sunday.

Fun day at skirmish Wycombe.

This happened (not my footage), but the lad that took the hit took it in his stride, went off and put a band aid on it and jumped right back in with no hard feelings.

Unlucky incident.

The shot is at the 3 minute mark.