The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

More HPA boyz at the site this week.

DSCN2641.thumb.jpg.597282b38ca35e345cbcf45cd18a8fb6.jpgDSCN2642.thumb.jpg.a0a629c16c5ea319798a49fd5978bfc7.jpgDSCN2645.thumb.jpg.02bdd9b1dee24bb6db828bbd0b13098c.jpgDSCN2647.jpg.eb4303337ba7e8790d031589ca36b7fe.jpg

It's great walking around looking like you got a dose of monkeypox....

Anyone got any Bananas?

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Mid week games at Reforger? Might have to look into this as I seem to be working a lot of weekends

Apparently it was their first night game in 2 years - the owner said he may put more on if it goes well, which it seemed to.

Hopefully this works out for my shift pattern as I work midweek one week and weekend the next, so maybe I can get some night games in. 

Shame that sentinel don't do night games anymore as I have to drive past it on way home from work, would be perfect for that cheeky game after work.

Some lessons and a good gun fit, he’ll be well on his way to smashing competitions!! Sounds like he’s a natural.  So many clay grounds are appearing and improving more people should give it a go.

Pretty damned awesome day at UCAP Valiant today. Some of the best airsoft I've played in years.

It was a last minute idea to go there - I was going to take my boys to Camouflage Airsoft near Bournemouth Airport but the online bookings closed on Sat.) - but I am so glad we ended up at Dorchester Prison.

If you've not experienced the venue, it's absolutely worth going to experience it at least once.

A fun evening at Incursion in Epsom last Wednesday. Friendly players and staff and great games. The only negative was that I felt there was a bit too much waiting around between games, but overall I had a good evening and will definitely be going back 

Pretty good day at Worthing all things considered, it was a fancy dress day, but the only costume I had was way too warm for this so I left it at home. Was an incredibly humid one, so I feel like I probably sweated out my body weight in water even without the dress up and running my summer lightweight no-camo sniper setup, but had a lot of fun running the VSR (the HPA one) and negotiating the site with an MED; it's very thick and there's only certain spots you can really play effectively with a 30m MED at this time of year. Some wonderful sneaky sniping was done by myself and two others I joined up with, one in a full ghillie, one in a grim reaper cloak. Got some cheeky angles and had someone moan about me as he thought that my gun was hot and I was shooting within my MED after he poked his head around a corner and I dinked it. Gun chronoed today at 2.29J and I was about 40m away, so was well within my rights; if you present only your head, your head is getting shot.

Had an almost flawless plan in the afternoon too. Was a big rolling assault game where we were only allowed to flank on the same level as the defenders, so we couldn't go behind them and shoot them in the back. The way the site is laid out and the order of objectives, me and another sniper decided to go and set up a flanking position on their second defence point (out of 4 total) instead of attacking their first one as we could do so without flanking behind them. We set up without being seen and waited a looooooooooooooong time for our team to take the first objective and push up the hill, waiting to start shooting only once our team was pushing their second defence. Gestured across the path to each other multiple times about how boring it was, but it turns out our team weren't very good at attacking and took ages to take the first base; they never got to the 2nd so when I heard the call of "60 seconds left" I just said "screw it, I'm shooting these people." Took 2 of them out before game was over, but when I linked up with the other team afterwards they said that the rest of our team were basically nowhere to be found. Still loved it because at the end of the day it was the quintessential immersive sniper game. Slowly creep into a hide, wait for a long time without shooting anything, watching the enemy team mill about as they fell back to their 2nd defence point and basically not firing off a shot. Only reason I did is because I heard 60 seconds left and was like "I wanna shoot them..."

We even got so bored that the other guy sneakily snapped a pic of me in my really uncomfortable hide position. Short sleeves + dry, dead holly leaves = ouchies. We only had a handful of people walk past where we were (we were largely out of the way of the main gameplay, so only people out of the game walked past us) and only a handful actually noticed we were there when they walked past.

May be an image of outdoors

Even though it's much harder at this time of year, I'm still loving the sniping. It has been my thing since I started 17ish years ago (yes, my first gun was a BASR!) and I still love it way more than regular style of play. Yeah, you don't hit as many people, but you also don't get hit nearly as much and the shots you do hit are spicy and feel great, and the escape and evasion parts that crop up where the enemy team comes searching for you and you have to get out is exhilarating once you get good at it!

Shot point blank in the funny bone.

Whoever named it that needs one shoving right up their....

and my lad, shotgun point blank in the neck... We were on the same team as well... Too trigger happy...

101NIKON.png

DSCN3282.JPG

Edited by AirSniper
Add pics

Managed to visit a different site on Sat with a few of the crew

the day started off kinda dreicht but dried up nicely at lunchtime

Only the second chance I have had to play all year, so made the best of it

A111B7EC-CDFE-4370-A451-A9BD2C9F92D7.thumb.jpeg.ee5d6e65bae49201c082958f976d8d2a.jpeg

Yes,

I am the Goon in the middle , giving the finger 🤭

• Supporters

Mixed bag at Driver Wood yesterday.. to say the least.

First off my personal woes.  Get to the point my phone is saying 2 minutes to arrival, get to the roundabout to turn down the road the site entrance is on... building on fire at about 8am (only 16C out) fire serv spraying it and road closed, so being outside the M25 that's a 10 minute detour that makes you question if you're ever going to find a way around after a while.  Get there, set my bags down, begin tooling up.  I made sure to properly and fully charge 3 batteries the night before, that's MORE than enough, test fired both guns too.. did I charge and bring the right batteries to actually fit inside the storage compartment of the gun I want to use?  Of course not.  So the backup rifle became the one-and-only all day.   This is what happens when you don't play often enough to actually be suitably familiar with you own bloody equipment, combined with generally being a dunce.

On the site:

• No pot holes on the short road to the large, smooth hard-standing car park, huge thumbs up.
  • Best setup of check-in I've experienced by far.
  • Biggest safe zone with the best facilities I've personally experienced by far.  Most seating I've ever seen and all actually nice, usable and clean.  Highest standard of toilets I've seen by a long way, widest range of food available, pretty decent little airsoft specific shop setup, drinking water tap etc.  Had a pagoda spraying out mist by the game area entrance all day.. bonkers.
  • Really great props in the airsoft game area, which is a lot of the reason I went actually.  Couple of military helicopters, plane, double decker bus, decent wooden towers etc, but for me all spread out too far and not nearly utilised enough in the games.  The paintball fields we walked past looked like a ton of fun.
  • Safety brief was short which was nice, but the marshal talking had all the force of character of a wet paper towel, many weren't tuned in (this bloke was my main issue all day really).
  • Boundaries/area not explained at all in first game, was clearly just assumed you were a regular.
  • DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, get the 'Meal deal' when booking your space.  I know the café could put out some really quite decent food because I saw many other people carrying it over to their tables; the menu is frankly a great, wide selection and well priced.  But the 'meal deal' is a burger/hot dog and (get this) chocolate bar and can of coke... absolute fucking garbage idea of a meal when conducting physical activity.  Long as you add the salad and sauces which are available the burgher is absolutely fine, not greasy, I've had better foods at sites, but it was fine.  However the 'deal' is £5 extra, whereas various other better looking options available on the day only cost 4 somehow?  Where's the package deal there, surely that's not how it should work??  Not pleased.
  • Ability to book just half a day if you want is great for many people in terms of having that option, sounds brilliant especially if you live close.
  • Flip side to the above is that the problem marshal couldn't herd the cats at all and teams weren't balanced anywhere near properly post-lunch when at least half left and only a handful turned up.  My side was both larger and more experienced.
  • Game just after lunch was a white wash of epic proportions.  One single objective area that we locked down the entire time due to team advantage and far more/better cover our side.
  • When I asked for a clarification on the brief of said game, instead of anything even approaching a professional response I was patronised and condescended to like a fuckin idiot; would've loved to kick off an argument frankly given that said brief contained blatantly incorrect info and the insanely simple thing I asked was not in the slightest bit hard to clarify.
  • Final game was quite possibly the worst I have ever played.  Problem marshal gave the laziest, most lacklustre 'ugh it's warm and I can't be arsed to do my job' brief I have ever seen.  Lasted seriously less than 30 seconds, couldn't believe it.  Layout made no sense, no boundaries explained, teams still way unbalanced, didn't work in the slightest, wasn't a game.  I basically just knelt by a wooden wall for 45 minutes.
  • I could hear the paintball marshals in other netted off game areas loudly shouting games on/over, music playing etc, happened most of the day.  But there were multiple times I didn't even know we'd started playing airsoft; never an issue I've experienced before.

The other marshals seemed like decent blokes really, pretty good actually overall.  The owner clearly loves the places, you could literally watch him all day cutting wood and building new structures.  Place has a ton of potential, many brilliant aspects, just thoroughly tarnished by one lazy, meek, uninterested and unsuitable lead marshal (and the shit meal deal).  If I thought there was a chance of getting a refund I'd ask for it and this is the first time I've ever felt that way.

Gear observation - young lad wearing one of these (that I 100% guarantee most of you see at least one of at every single game), was complaining all day because the wire from the quick release had broken through it's sheath and was poking straight in to his side.  If I could get every new player to skip that phase and get a BULLE MLE to start off I'd be one happy man.  Can't imagine how many of those end up in landfill after 2 games, shocking waste of plastic and of people's money.

First game in 2 years last weekend at Spartan airsoft CQB, went with a group of 6 friends from school, one of which was his first time. Overall good day, as always the stairs acted as massive chokepoints in games where there was a lack luster objective but other than that the marshalls & games were good. 

[rant ahead]
One massive peev I have though is the fat fuckers who love to mouth off at the back ranting and raving to rentals, kids etc that they need to f'ing push up more and stop pussying around, while they sit at the back catching their breath from walking 2 feet. I can understand a bit of encouragement, most people usually give some and it is helpful for pushing out a choke point but when its the same tards with about 3 teeth and as many braincells all day, arguing with marshalls and saying they'll wrap their 'rifle' around someones head, throat punch this that and the other it gets annoying as fuck. Hit taking was alright, apart from one classic SAS patched black multicam warrior who obviously thought his plates were real as it took about 5 bursts for him to stop shooting other people (If you're going to wear a bulky set up and can't feel hits, for the love of god take it off). The whole thing seemed to have way more agro people than I remembered with a couple of out bursts through out the day from people who forgot we are running around with toy guns for a bit of fun.

Other than the aforementioned rant, a good day and everyone came away happy in my group and wanting to go even further with upgrades and such, especially the new guy who's first time it was and is now saving to buy his own kit. He did mention a couple of times he people weren't taking hits but that was part and parcel sadly. Was also really fun to put the radios to use within the group. Now to get me ukara back in time for that fal

Yep share ya pain on that dude.

I think i posted before about the six foot seven mobile portaloo who gave me a 'friendly' pat on the back while screaming "Move move move!" I moved all right,straight on my face!

He wasn't so mouthy when I got up and launched a particularly venomous verbal tirade upon him.

But I noticed he was always bringing up the rear.

Wanker!  Lol

Regards 

Edited by Shamal

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

One massive peev I have though is the fat fuckers who love to mouth off at the back ranting and raving to rentals, kids etc that they need to f'ing push up more and stop pussying around, while they sit at the back catching their breath from walking 2 feet

The only time I've genuinely Had Words with anyone on site was a Major Moveup, who I... cordially... invited to show us how it was done rather than just yelling "orders".

To be fair, he actually did say "All right then, I will if you won't", C-clamped up, and John Wicked into the chokepoint room.

Sadly, that was shortly followed by multiple shouts of "Marshal!", "Take your hits, you cheating [cad]!" and "Like [fork] I'm taking that, do one".

Because...

36 minutes ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

people who forgot we are running around with toy guns for a bit of fun

Yup, the root case of most airsoft evil.  5% of players are 95% of problems, just get rid of them.

31 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

5% of players are 95% of problems, just get rid of them.

Can we stereotype and say most problems are caused by a certain type of player or you feel it's very much independent on the individual?

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Can we stereotype and say most problems are caused by a certain type of player or you feel it's very much independent on the individual?

Ime it's not confined to one particular group, for example as much as we jokingly berate speedsofters a lot of them aren't really that bad, same applies to the milsim types, hpa types etc.

The only thing they have in common is failing to take the game seriously enough, or taking it far too seriously.

20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ime it's not confined to one particular group

Actually it's been scientifically proven that if a player is wearing a full grey tracksuit, their hood is up and the strings are pulled tight, there's a 100% chance they're not going to call their hits.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Actually it's been scientifically proven that if a player is wearing a full grey tracksuit, their hood is up and the strings are pulled tight, there's a 100% chance they're not going to call their hits.

Damn, science, my one true foe......

The best response to some twat at the back screaching for others to push up was from a mate. The screamer was some kid who thought being a cadet made him Geral Patton, and said mate picked him up by the straps on his webbing, carried him forward 10 yards and unserimoniously dumped him on the floor, before telling him to move up. 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If I were to generalise, not every player who's there to "win" is a problem, but every problem player is there to "win", by imposing their own imaginary reality.

Whether that's the essentially silly game of pretend gunslingers (often played to arbitrary and muddled rules that can change half way through), being the highest imaginary rank of tactical genius, or by beating the rules.  I suspect Licking Mustard falls into that last group, given the shenanigans he clearly revels in.

Me, I'm mostly there to pleasure other men by giving them loud encouragement when they slam their balls in my face.