Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

29 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

I would argue if the juice was worth the squeeze on the upgrade the gun wouldnt be being sold........

Seems like some very peculiar logic to selectively apply.

I agree it's overpriced from the objective stand point of what they cost new. I'm not too arsed about partaking in a conversation on the subjective elements.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
2 hours ago, hunter511 said:

I would argue if the juice was worth the squeeze on the upgrade the gun wouldnt be being sold........

I've never bought a used motorcycle that wasn't someone's "pride and joy"... right up until the point where they realise they'd get more pride from the joy of buying something else.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Special mention for this one. Its listed under MOTORCYCLING ffs. You'd have as much protection wearing an IKEA shopping bag over your bonce as this. No ear pro either...

And a review noting that it doesn't seal and provides a nice route for BBs to ricochet around inside it.

Well, you can't fault them for exploiting a market that will cheerfully spunk hundreds on crappy plastic and pot-metal toys that all perform much the same because "u get wut u pay 4 m8".

And to be fair, if you added up a decent combination of lid, lower face, Revisions, Peltors and a ExFog, you'd be up around £200.

Except that then you'd have Revisions, Peltors and an ExFog rather than whatever unknown bargain bin specials are being thrown into those systems.  When the electrics fail or the "polycarb" cracks after 31 days, you can whistle for support or your money back.

The part that really winds me up is that they're selling tat at premium prices but they can't even be bothered paying for coherent marketing copy for it: the OneTigris is for "Sooting Wagrgame" and you need to "inatall" things on it.

Now I know my finger isn't really on the airsoft pulse any more, but things can't have changed this much, surely?
Please?
image.thumb.png.dac1ad570c5d8d9881a716327e18b5ae.png

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bolster-armouries-moonstone-special-edition-precision-hi-capa-gbb-pistol?pv=19742

Because that is nothing short of mental. The decimal point must be in the wrong place?

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Bolster armouries. Airsoft for rich idiots.
Kid had one last sunday, his first RIF. Looked okay but really not worth that much money.

Agree with your summary. Regardless of the supposed uPgRaDeS or speshul feechures or whatever it is that fails to justify the horriffic price tag, it does the same job as a 100 quid CYMA.

I know about the pressures of business right now but PBs prices have really jumped recently, some definitely in Mack's territory now. £190 for a UAR? Takin the pish mate. I love my UAR but there's no chance in Heaven or Hell it's worth almost 200 quid. Don't get me started on their postage costs either.

£1300 is insanity for a GBB pistol. I'd much rather spend that on several "mid" guns that are different platforms. I like how PatrolBase classify it as a "skillful" players gun?

Edited by MrTea

16 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Special mention for this one. Its listed under MOTORCYCLING ffs. You'd have as much protection wearing an IKEA shopping bag over your bonce as this. No ear pro either...

Few years ago a friend turned up at the pub with a 'new' lid.  He'd found a kids plastic army helmet at the tip, sprayed it matt black and decided to wear it on his XS 840 Halco tuned bike as it, 'looked cool.'  

Back on topic...  those dodgy helmets look in a similar league to those bloody ski helmets that someone put on here a while back.  

6 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

those dodgy helmets look in a similar league to those bloody ski helmets that someone put on here a while back.  

Yeah, except these are made en mass rather than some idiot trying to make a buck from his shed (this is in no way a defence of that particular individual).

Some of them would work as the base for a Mando cosplay (where no BBS are involved)

16 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Bolster armouries. Airsoft for rich idiots.
Kid had one last sunday, his first RIF. Looked okay but really not worth that much money.

It being his first rif, I truly hope it was two-toned 😂😂

Ive experienced a couple of high end RIF’s with red paint on em 🙄

Do we know why this one costs 700 pounds? https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-akx-gas-blowback-rifle/

I know that they have to make profit but this is insane. For 700 I buy a wolverine mtw and you can't even mention this two guns in one sentence.

Also, a TM Mac-10 270?! 🤣 

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

Do we know why this one costs 700 pounds? https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-akx-gas-blowback-rifle/

I know that they have to make profit but this is insane. For 700 I buy a wolverine mtw and you can't even mention this two guns in one sentence.

Yeah and considering TM cheaped out too by using the Akm receiver instead of all the 74’s they could had brought out or even an ak12? 

2 hours ago, Krisz said:

Cos its Daves Custom Scalpers.  He always does this. 

12 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I picked up a ghk that’d been two toned 🤦🏻‍♂️

Managed to restore that properly 👌

Funny story Combat South have previously sold a 2tone systema PTW at retail price plus paint fee.

I just sat there and thought mate if you have that much disposable cash seriously just do your 3 games.....

Edited by hunter511

11 hours ago, hunter511 said:

I just sat there and thought mate if you have that much disposable cash seriously just do your 3 games.....

I mean, sure if you don't want to use rental or touch things that other people has breathed over....

Get a decent £200 what ever and play your games but as they say a fool and their money

On 06/04/2023 at 18:29, SBoardley said:

Yeah and considering TM cheaped out too by using the Akm receiver instead of all the 74’s they could had brought out or even an ak12? 

Such a disappointment from Marui. I expected something unique at least from them. And what they did having all of those resources? AKX and a Glock... Why not an AK12 or AKS(U)? Groza? AMD-65? 

Edited by Krisz