Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

Leaving my FRV belt set up for the USP and 4x mags so picked up a Condor LCS belt and have been pleasantly surprised. Laser cut molle fabric is tough feeling and holds the pouches well while not being too much of a PITA to fit stuff to. Inner belt is padded and has grippy rubber type fabric on the inside. Being hook velcro on the inner I can mix and match with the FRV.

Buckle is a big fastex and while not rated to stop me falling out a helicopter I think it will be fine for tactical mincing around airsoft.

£40 inc 1st class post means it is one of the more affordable options. Medium goes just about small enough for my 33”ish waist with the inner belt fitted.

pouches are Esstac Kywi (short IN the DirectAction dump pouch, tall on the back). Condor 40mm pouch for the BFG, 5.11 pistol for speed loader (gas mags can easily shoot 70+ rounds) and a Warrior polymer for additional off-side mag (left handed rifle shooter 🤪) leaves the front and left side clear for my rifle to hang without smacking stuff.

C0518B59-3E77-4418-ABFA-9E71620A5625.jpeg

44F71575-E7B8-4655-A77A-01FC5831B5A5.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali

7 hours ago, Beorn said:

My first loadout! Only skirmished twice in my own kit so far, but I don't have any complaints (touch wood)

Tried to build it without breaking the bank. Most of it is bargain basement stuff. Only things I really splashed on a bit was the goggles (Valken Thermal Goggles) which are honestly immense and don't fog up at all, even on Saturday when it was a warm day.

Carrier is 8fields I think, lid is an amazon special, pants are Viper (I did originally have some amazon specials too but they were shite and broke on first use).

Any suggestions on things I could add? My plate carrier seems to look a little bare so I'll probably look to add a few little extra bits there, and I defo need a battle belt of some sort down the line as the thing I'm using right now is just a plain old clothes belt. Still I'm pretty happy with it for my first loadout I can't lie!

340508987_735538794959428_8201417589227855561_n.thumb.jpg.73c871b8e05f6898c38a7e31d8e02602.jpg

It looks good but how can you see out of those goggles?

😉

• Supporters

If you've played a couple of times and had enough boolets and h2o, don't add a thing.

PCs are for the look, all of mine are setup as if they were a chest rig anyway - some mags in a placard on the front and then just flanking the mags there's a small GP (phone, wallet and car key) and a smoke grenade pouch for a smoke or BFG.  If you add stuff so it doesn't 'look bare' you'll spend the money, it'll be awkward and pointless and you'll most likely take it right back off again sooner or later.  If you eventually *need* a radio or some pyro etc then get a couple of pouches if and when that time comes around, but not before.

Where you are right now is what people often come back to after gradually ramping up what they carry, so just skip out the middle man if you can.  I'd recommend to most folks for average skirmishes to just get the basics as you have, then over time put the money in to upgrading and replacing to 'move up' a fancy rig or camo etc if they happen to so desire and if they stick in the game long enough.  Much better plan than carrying around a larger mass/volume of budget gear.

14 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

If you've played a couple of times and had enough boolets and h2o, don't add a thing.

PCs are for the look, all of mine are setup as if they were a chest rig anyway - some mags in a placard on the front and then just flanking the mags there's a small GP (phone, wallet and car key) and a smoke grenade pouch for a smoke or BFG.  If you add stuff so it doesn't 'look bare' you'll spend the money, it'll be awkward and pointless and you'll most likely take it right back off again sooner or later.  If you eventually *need* a radio or some pyro etc then get a couple of pouches if and when that time comes around, but not before.

Where you are right now is what people often come back to after gradually ramping up what they carry, so just skip out the middle man if you can.  I'd recommend to most folks for average skirmishes to just get the basics as you have, then over time put the money in to upgrading and replacing to 'move up' a fancy rig or camo etc if they happen to so desire and if they stick in the game long enough.  Much better plan than carrying around a larger mass/volume of budget gear.

Yup,

the amount of times I’ve bought needless shit for my PC , just to remove it because it wasn’t really necessary and added too much weight.

All because I thought there was space for something so I filled it 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

I see, that's good to know thanks for the heads up folks. In that case I'll just stick where I am and just grab a few more patches haha. I don't carry any water on me atm but I think I'll look at adding some capacity for that when I start playing at larger sites down the line. Probably get a bladder on the rear since its empty on the back anyway

What Chris said.

Also, do yourself a favour:

Next time you play, when you get home lay all the kit you brought on the floor, then group all the items you've actually used on one side, you'll be amazed at how much unnecessary crap you carry :)

Anyway, a rough estimate of what I always have on me (regardless of what gun or kit I run) is:

3/4 + 1 mags, bag of BBs, at least one litre of water, radio, multitool, small tin with adapters/programming card/Titan usb thingy, 1/2 spare AEG batteries in case someone forgets his, cigarettes, phone (not always) and car keys. Maybe a windshirt if it's really cold/very light rain. Odin if I run midcaps (rarely).

Water, BBs (+ Odin) and radio in my backpack, the rest in a chest rig or belt kit.

You really don't need more :)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Beorn said:

I see, that's good to know thanks for the heads up folks. In that case I'll just stick where I am and just grab a few more patches haha. I don't carry any water on me atm but I think I'll look at adding some capacity for that when I start playing at larger sites down the line. Probably get a bladder on the rear since its empty on the back anyway

It's certainly an option, I'd never tell anyone to not carry some water, does all depend on site size/game length as you say.  I used to have bladders on my back more because that was haute couture in the late 00s, but what I do these days is drink loads between games and I'm fine at sunday skirmishes; the drinking matters more than the carrying.  However I'm a bit of a water addict (I know, shocking) and always get through 2-4L on any normal day in work anyway so my routine is solid (no brews, nothing fizzy).  For some folks they might get chatty between games and forget, whereas nobody likes me so that's not an issue.

Put it this way, there's plenty of folks at almost every game with maybe a pistol and a hi-cap on a belt, their gun in hand and that's literally it.  Sometimes not even that.  At most games in the UK that's more than enough to actually participate.  Now I love a bit of cordura as do most so some kit is fun, but do try and keep it slick.  I mean there's equally some out there who love nothing more than lumbering around like the proverbial juggernaut, 1 bb still takes you out but they look pretty cool sometimes and that's their thing and I enjoy seeing what they put together.  Unless you personally really wanna be that guy though, keep it light and simple, learn to appreciate that minimal aesthetic.

On 12/04/2023 at 01:09, Beorn said:

My first loadout! Only skirmished twice in my own kit so far, but I don't have any complaints (touch wood)

Tried to build it without breaking the bank. Most of it is bargain basement stuff. Only things I really splashed on a bit was the goggles (Valken Thermal Goggles) which are honestly immense and don't fog up at all, even on Saturday when it was a warm day.

Carrier is 8fields I think, lid is an amazon special, pants are Viper (I did originally have some amazon specials too but they were shite and broke on first use).

Any suggestions on things I could add? My plate carrier seems to look a little bare so I'll probably look to add a few little extra bits there, and I defo need a battle belt of some sort down the line as the thing I'm using right now is just a plain old clothes belt. Still I'm pretty happy with it for my first loadout I can't lie!

340508987_735538794959428_8201417589227855561_n.thumb.jpg.73c871b8e05f6898c38a7e31d8e02602.jpg

The above folks are spot on here. Make sure you have enough water, BBS and maybe snacks, some where to put your bombs/smokes/bangs and your good. If you do want to add more 'stuff' - do it for the right reasons 1. It's useful OR 2. It's larp kit. 

Boots look good, you've taken care of your knees and spent the money where needed (eyepro - and a more thorough review of the goggles would be nice 👍). Don't spend more on kit, when you want to, add that cash to a game day or pyro fund....and get more games in. You will soon realise if you are really missing anything from the kit.

Ps is that Red1 Chiselhurst?

On 12/04/2023 at 15:28, Skara said:

Next time you play, when you get home lay all the kit you brought on the floor, then group all the items you've actually used on one side, you'll be amazed at how much unnecessary crap you carry :)

On 12/04/2023 at 15:28, Skara said:

I have a relatively minimal load out and this still scares me 😂 

14 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

The above folks are spot on here. Make sure you have enough water, BBS and maybe snacks, some where to put your bombs/smokes/bangs and your good. If you do want to add more 'stuff' - do it for the right reasons 1. It's useful OR 2. It's larp kit.

Aye I've been taking plenty down with me, at the moment I tend to drink well between rounds and just eat during the lunch break, haven't had any issues with that so far but its a small site so its quite easy to manage. Defo valuable feedback above, I'm glad I checked in about adding stuff to the carrier, defo won't be adding much apart from patches because the kit right now is comfortable and is doing everything it needs to for me to have fun. Might add a replica knife somewhere just for looks but I must admit I do enjoy the 'barbie' element of airsoft 😂

Boots look good, you've taken care of your knees and spent the money where needed (eyepro - and a more thorough review of the goggles would be nice 👍). Don't spend more on kit, when you want to, add that cash to a game day or pyro fund....and get more games in. You will soon realise if you are really missing anything from the kit.

Thanks, the boots are Army surplus, I think they're the Meindl desert boots. Got them for 20 quid off ebay in great condition and they've been awesome for me, solid support and comfy so far. Not sure if they're a particularly well liked boot among actual soldiers but they do the job and were a banging deal so no complaints.

Will defo put up a review of the goggles, might put a vid on Youtube if I can be arsed, they've been solid. I was worried they'd fog up being goggles but they've surprised me tbh.

Ps is that Red1 Chiselhurst?

Yeah that's Red1 Chislehurst, good eye!

Can i have some input on this setup please? 

Cheep boonie hat

NB Tactical ghost mask and half balaclava

Heroshark bolle tracker glasses

Forget the name of the shirt, buts is more sports material and super comfy

MK5 chest rig from aliexpress

Idogear laser cut belt

Emerson trousers 

Helikon Gloves 

Deadly Customs mid ride holster setup for the JW3 2011

Deadly Customs hicappa mag holster

Weapon retention hanger thingy 

Round the back 

3x skorpion fake 7.62 fast mag's hold the 5.56 mag well too

Deadly customer bfg holder for the techtonics quake

Battle Born Customs Single row molle folding dump pouch - Really nice! 

Theres 3x rifle mag holsters on the belt as i get hot playing so often run with out a chest plate or rig. Hoping the mk5 fake will keep temps down 

Looking to get a small dangler pouch as tummy shots sting!

Cheers B 

Kit Update 1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-22 at 19.19.39 (7).jpeg

2 hours ago, Barny said:

Can i have some input on this setup please? 

Cheep boonie hat

NB Tactical ghost mask and half balaclava

Heroshark bolle tracker glasses

Forget the name of the shirt, buts is more sports material and super comfy

MK5 chest rig from aliexpress

Idogear laser cut belt

Emerson trousers 

Helikon Gloves 

Deadly Customs mid ride holster setup for the JW3 2011

Deadly Customs hicappa mag holster

Weapon retention hanger thingy 

Round the back 

3x skorpion fake 7.62 fast mag's hold the 5.56 mag well too

Deadly customer bfg holder for the techtonics quake

Battle Born Customs Single row molle folding dump pouch - Really nice! 

Theres 3x rifle mag holsters on the belt as i get hot playing so often run with out a chest plate or rig. Hoping the mk5 fake will keep temps down 

Looking to get a small dangler pouch as tummy shots sting!

Cheers B 

Kit Update 1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-22 at 19.19.39 (7).jpeg

I run a similar setup, with a few changes happening after playing with it a few times, including long events/sims/over night. I got rid if weapon hook retention part and swapped for a 2 point sling that can snugged up for two free hands or swung round to the back and cinched tight, vtac sling the padded version. I also added a danger, too useful not to. 

Edited by concretesnail

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
19 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Noodles. What nods are you running dude?

I'm on the right - BNVD 931s (ANVIS-threaded 1431s) with Fenn lenses, US Aviation Gen3, Omni 6 or 7

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

35 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Nice! I had a fondle of some DTNVS and photonis white phos tubes a week or so ago, ive been looking into NODs more and more but there’s not many night games within reasonable distance to me 😖

i am going to out myself as being on the left of that pic...fwiw your idea of "reasonable" may shift if you get the nods bug. We try to get to a 24h game once a month which is around 8hrs driving total and £200 or so for fees n fuel with night games here and there especially in autumn-winter.  Maybe not for everyone, but it's very much for us! Also without checking their website i am pretty sure warzone do/did evening games on saturdays too.

Whether or not nods are worth it to you is another matter entirely and is not something that anybody can really advise on. For me it was just a gut feeling.

Thing is that there are so many variables at play when picking noodles.

I'm starting to look into buying a decent one but the more I read, the more confused I am.