The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

It sounds like that chap should not be a marshal.  However much I might agree with him, he is there to do a job; berating a player for acting in a way that the site allows is completely out of order.

I would've understood it more if I was like... singlehandedly ruining the enemy team, but the reality was I had spent the entire morning doing bugger-all because other people on my team decided to spawn camp, which then wasn't dealt with. Also combine the fact that me and my friends have been singled out and split up for months now I'm just starting to feel like they actively don't want me there. And of course, as you said, it's a woodland site that allows people to use ghillies with bolt actions or DMRs, which is what I was using so I'm not breaking any rules nor going against the spirit of the game.

19 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I would've understood it more if I was like... singlehandedly ruining the enemy team, but the reality was I had spent the entire morning doing bugger-all because other people on my team decided to spawn camp, which then wasn't dealt with. Also combine the fact that me and my friends have been singled out and split up for months now I'm just starting to feel like they actively don't want me there. And of course, as you said, it's a woodland site that allows people to use ghillies with bolt actions or DMRs, which is what I was using so I'm not breaking any rules nor going against the spirit of the game.

Even if you had been single-handedly ruining the enemy team, there would no excuse for him to behave that way.  Far too many sites are run or marshalled by people who should never be doing so.

Maybe it is time to find another site?

1 minute ago, Colin Allen said:

Maybe it is time to find another site?

Yeah, it's hard because I first went to Worthing Airsoft in about 2005ish and have known some of the guys for almost 20 years, but the past few months have been pretty rough and have got me thinking about alternatives. I've tried all the sites near me and the only one I don't think I'd go back to is Dogtag, so I have options once I have my own car.

Good to bump into @Asomodaiat Driver Wood on Saturday. Being on opposite teams, meant we each traded a few eliminations - including a memorable pistol duel between us due to being inside our our MEDs (I lost that one!).

Cracking morning in the good weather, and an opportunity to try out the HPA SR15 pieced together from various parts - which was performing pleasingly. Ended up running it on 80PSI (its' got a mancraft PDIK inside it) in order to get it below the DMR limits of 1.88J - which didn't seem to make the engine struggle at all, despite the Mancraft website stating that minimum PSI for their engines was 100....

A strange sequence of events lead me to play sniper after a looooong time..

I was meant to use my PDW and decided to bring the vsr as well to have some fun in the car park and test a few things..

Well, I forgot the drum mag at home so I was left with the vsr, one mag, no pistols nor spare AEGs...

Well fuck me I had some fun :D

Basically played defense all morning, circling around attackers and plinking at them from the side/rear, sometimes people would walk past me (wearing RG trousers, RG short sleeve shirt and grey backpack) without noticing..

Also people complimented the gun, apparently it's inaudible at 10 metres and very, very hard to pinpoint within 5. All I have to do is sort the hop consistency (power is bang on, less than 1 m/s deviation)...

On a bright, sunny morning, I set off for Splatoon.  The site was busy, but not as packed as I have seen it.  On arriving, my first task was to test the green furnitured LCT AK74 that I have been working on after buying it with a locked up gearbox.  It ran very nicely, shooting past the end of the 50m range with good accuracy at 0.96J.  It will soon be making an appearance in the Classifieds.

After getting everything ready and having a chat with some of the other players, it was time for the first game.  This was a simple domination, using the container village field and the middle field.  In each field is a spinner; at the end of the game, the team with their colour pointing up won that field.  I decided to join the group that were going into the middle field as I prefer that to the container village.  We quickly reached the spinner, set it with blue pointing up and settled in to defend it.  The yellow team made several strong pushes to try to reach it, but their attacks withered away each time as we made the best use of our defensive positions and communicated well with each other.  When the game came to an end, we set off back to the safe zone, meeting up with our colleagues who had been in the container village; they had also secured the spinner after a rather harder fought battle.  Huzzah!  Victory!

After reloading up and taking on fluids, we set off for a fallback game; the defenders had one life in each of four zones and, as the attackers, we had infinite regens on a marshal who followed 10m behind our rearmost player.  Possibly due to the heat, our initial attack was sluggish, but we eventually cleared the first zone before regrouping to attack the second zone; this went rather more quickly and, in the third phase, we found ourselves facing the usual problem of breaking into the first half of the container village, which involves running across the front of the defenders to get into the somewhat dubious cover of a black helicopter, which then acts as a base to push forward.  After initially struggling to get to the helicopter, we eventually succeeded and started to push forward, clearing the first phase of the village after a fairly intense fight.  Once the defenders had reset in the second section of the container village, we again pushed forward, coming up against a spirited defence that was gradually worn down until one of our players was able to make a run for the grey helicopter and get a hand on it, signalling the end of the game.

Luncheon was then taken.

After we had dined and hydrated, we set off for another domination game, this time across all three fields.  Each team had one riot shield, which could take five hits before having to go back to regen; this didn't seem to have much impact on play.  Again, I found myself in the middle field, where we repeated our earlier performance and had the spinner on blue all through the game.  Unfortunately, our colleagues in the other two fields did not fare so well and we lost 2-1.

Following yet more essential hydration, we embarked on the reverse of the earlier fallback game, with us now being the defenders.  In the first two zones, I took up favourite positions on the right flank, holding up the enemy who were trying to push down that side.  In the third phase in the first half of the container village, I had great fun potting enemy players who were trying to run to the black helicopter until a BB skimmed my trouser leg.

Falling back to set up a position for the final phase, I dug myself into some bushes on the edge of the field (players were only allowed 1m into the bordering wood) and took out a lot of attackers as they moved across my front until a sniper got me.

The enemy's time to reach the helicopter was four minutes quicker than ours.

When we got back to the safe zone, a quick head count was taken and it became obvious that we had been seriously outnumbered, with the enemy team being 70% larger than ours as more of our players than theirs had succumbed to the heat and called it a day.

After the teams were rebalanced, we went out for a last game.  The Yellow team had to transport a rather large cuddly toy zebra from their start point in the woods behind the container village to the safe zone entrance.  They had infinite regens on a marshal and we had one life in each field.  Only their nominated player could carry the zebra, which was nearly as big as him.

Our defence in the container village collapsed rather rapidly as we did not have enough players to cover the frontage; after holding off their attack in the centre, I was hit by an attacker who had taken out the chap to my right and sneaked onto my flank.  A marshal commiserated with me on my misfortune. 

Falling back to the middle field, we came under great pressure from the attackers, but held them off for longer than expected, with the HK53 dealing out hits at surprisingly long ranges.  However, I was eventually hit and headed back to the lower field, where we put up a stalwart defence, picking off the attackers as they moved down the slope in the general direction of the safe zone entrance.  It became clear that they were trying to work round our left, so I moved that way and took up a new position.

Unfortunately, an incident then occurred which has brought shame and dishonour on me.  Just as I was about to take a shot at one of the attackers, one of my colleagues popped up and I shot him in the back of the head.  Being a gentleman, I apologised profusely for shooting him, took the hit and left him to fight on. At least a little bit of honour is restored, but I shall probably have to travel to the colonies and live under an assumed name for the rest of my days and farm kangaroos or something.

Fortunately, the enemy failed to get the zebra to its destination before the 16:00 whistle went, signalling the end of the game and of a very good day of airsoft.

Weapons used:
Classic Army HK33
Classic Army HK53
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

3 minutes ago, woody549 said:

My day brilliant. Came back to my car at Ambush airsoft and some cretin reversed into my passenger wheel arch. Dented it and just left. 

I hope your lipos swell and your gas mags leak. 

What an utter cunt.

4 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

What an utter cunt.

Fuming mate you know when you’re you definitely heard that crunch and you’ve just gone fuck it getting out of here. Joke of it is. Not even my car. Rental. So now I’m looking at a costly excess. 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

After quite the hiatus, I stopped making excuses and got out there again to die for the Emperor at Area 66 yesterday, with my freshly painted and sanctified XR-5 doing lasgun duties.  Looks great, shoots like an under-hopped, under-powered, over-weight piece of junk that required wild bursts of fire to hit anything.  So, a pretty good facsimile then.

Fun was had in the heat, but it was strictly a walking day.  I binned off the costume and junk-gun at lunch and went out TAC-41 sniping in the afternoon with much more success.  The out-of-the-box-plus-a-spring performance of those things is great, but I'd make a rubbish sniper - far too much chuckling and "Git rekt, scrub!" from the bushes.

It was a decent day despite a big stag-do party being there, they were split up and generally played OK. Not enough marshals, but fortunately not much need for them.  One interesting thing they did was to tag guns with a cable-tie, but not trim it until walk-on for the first game, which is a commendable attempt to catch chrono-dodgers and make pre-game chrono a bit more meaningful.

I really should try out Area66, only 30 mins from me.

21 minutes ago, woody549 said:

My day brilliant. Came back to my car at Ambush airsoft and some cretin reversed into my passenger wheel arch. Dented it and just left. 

I hope your lipos swell and your gas mags leak. 

What a complete shitcunt. Sorry man. 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I really should try out Area66, only 30 mins from me.

Definitely worth a try. It's a compact site, like a woodland CQB, with loads of buildwork and you're rarely more than a few steps from cover.  Good access road, parking and safe zone. Actual real toilets and a shop with a bell and all sorts.

Simple...   

I wasn't out airsofting this weekend,  but was at basingstoke comic-con and got to meet the majority of the stargate cast.

But to avoid derailing this thread too much..  I will create a seperate one...

Made the hour and a bit trip down to gunman airsoft for a change of scene as the local site staff had all upped and buggered off to ibiza.

It was only my second visit in a year to gunman and as usual it was a well run day and they made sure to take breaks, encourage people to drink and provide water if necessary.

From my own point of view it was a great day. we played the woodland side in the morning and switched to the buildings/open area side for the afternoon. games flowed well and for a change i was on a team not getting rolled into oblivion. We had a guy named Nel (firefighter) who was trying to organise and encourage some great team play and that makes a huge difference, especially on a regular skirmish day. Add in finally my wolverine mtw decided to perform as i hoped it would and the combination off ess crossbows, valhalla gasket and ex fog unit provided a rare fog free day (may they continue).

So a happy airsoft sunday for a change.

On 12/05/2024 at 19:05, Colin Allen said:

On a bright, sunny morning, I set off for Splatoon.  The site was busy, but not as packed as I have seen it.  On arriving, my first task was to test the green furnitured LCT AK74 that I have been working on after buying it with a locked up gearbox.  It ran very nicely, shooting past the end of the 50m range with good accuracy at 0.96J.  It will soon be making an appearance in the Classifieds.

After getting everything ready and having a chat with some of the other players, it was time for the first game.  This was a simple domination, using the container village field and the middle field.  In each field is a spinner; at the end of the game, the team with their colour pointing up won that field.  I decided to join the group that were going into the middle field as I prefer that to the container village.  We quickly reached the spinner, set it with blue pointing up and settled in to defend it.  The yellow team made several strong pushes to try to reach it, but their attacks withered away each time as we made the best use of our defensive positions and communicated well with each other.  When the game came to an end, we set off back to the safe zone, meeting up with our colleagues who had been in the container village; they had also secured the spinner after a rather harder fought battle.  Huzzah!  Victory!

After reloading up and taking on fluids, we set off for a fallback game; the defenders had one life in each of four zones and, as the attackers, we had infinite regens on a marshal who followed 10m behind our rearmost player.  Possibly due to the heat, our initial attack was sluggish, but we eventually cleared the first zone before regrouping to attack the second zone; this went rather more quickly and, in the third phase, we found ourselves facing the usual problem of breaking into the first half of the container village, which involves running across the front of the defenders to get into the somewhat dubious cover of a black helicopter, which then acts as a base to push forward.  After initially struggling to get to the helicopter, we eventually succeeded and started to push forward, clearing the first phase of the village after a fairly intense fight.  Once the defenders had reset in the second section of the container village, we again pushed forward, coming up against a spirited defence that was gradually worn down until one of our players was able to make a run for the grey helicopter and get a hand on it, signalling the end of the game.

Luncheon was then taken.

After we had dined and hydrated, we set off for another domination game, this time across all three fields.  Each team had one riot shield, which could take five hits before having to go back to regen; this didn't seem to have much impact on play.  Again, I found myself in the middle field, where we repeated our earlier performance and had the spinner on blue all through the game.  Unfortunately, our colleagues in the other two fields did not fare so well and we lost 2-1.

Following yet more essential hydration, we embarked on the reverse of the earlier fallback game, with us now being the defenders.  In the first two zones, I took up favourite positions on the right flank, holding up the enemy who were trying to push down that side.  In the third phase in the first half of the container village, I had great fun potting enemy players who were trying to run to the black helicopter until a BB skimmed my trouser leg.

Falling back to set up a position for the final phase, I dug myself into some bushes on the edge of the field (players were only allowed 1m into the bordering wood) and took out a lot of attackers as they moved across my front until a sniper got me.

The enemy's time to reach the helicopter was four minutes quicker than ours.

When we got back to the safe zone, a quick head count was taken and it became obvious that we had been seriously outnumbered, with the enemy team being 70% larger than ours as more of our players than theirs had succumbed to the heat and called it a day.

After the teams were rebalanced, we went out for a last game.  The Yellow team had to transport a rather large cuddly toy zebra from their start point in the woods behind the container village to the safe zone entrance.  They had infinite regens on a marshal and we had one life in each field.  Only their nominated player could carry the zebra, which was nearly as big as him.

Our defence in the container village collapsed rather rapidly as we did not have enough players to cover the frontage; after holding off their attack in the centre, I was hit by an attacker who had taken out the chap to my right and sneaked onto my flank.  A marshal commiserated with me on my misfortune. 

Falling back to the middle field, we came under great pressure from the attackers, but held them off for longer than expected, with the HK53 dealing out hits at surprisingly long ranges.  However, I was eventually hit and headed back to the lower field, where we put up a stalwart defence, picking off the attackers as they moved down the slope in the general direction of the safe zone entrance.  It became clear that they were trying to work round our left, so I moved that way and took up a new position.

Unfortunately, an incident then occurred which has brought shame and dishonour on me.  Just as I was about to take a shot at one of the attackers, one of my colleagues popped up and I shot him in the back of the head.  Being a gentleman, I apologised profusely for shooting him, took the hit and left him to fight on. At least a little bit of honour is restored, but I shall probably have to travel to the colonies and live under an assumed name for the rest of my days and farm kangaroos or something.

Fortunately, the enemy failed to get the zebra to its destination before the 16:00 whistle went, signalling the end of the game and of a very good day of airsoft.

Weapons used:
Classic Army HK33
Classic Army HK53
ASG XP18 Commander (CO2)

Defending Atropia.

IMG_1203.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Jesus, the amount of times I've bumped into you and had no idea! 😂

Say hello next time :).

30 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Say hello next time :).

Will do! I tend to be the one running around with a pew pre 1980's, or an m16a1 in pieces 😂

So last night I took a trip down to Future Survival in Gravesend for some mid week CQB

On arrival I got signed in and found a free spot in the quite small safezone to sort out my kit. There was around 15 players there and while I didn't find myself struggling for space, it did feel a bit crowded. 

After kitting up it was off to chrono. This was done quickly and without fuss. Interestingly I did notice on their site rules the limits are slightly different depending on bb weight used, 340fps (1.07j) for .2g bbs or 310fps (1.12j) for .25g bbs. Tbh though the difference is that small that it doesn't really make any difference 

Games played were a mixture of types including deathmatch and king of the hill and the turn around between games was nice and quick but didn't feel rushed.

One rule I did fall foul of was when it comes to grenades. Their rules state "no pyro or flash bang grenades" which I took to mean disposable paper pyros, but actually includes BFGs. Something which I only found out after tossing one into a room. The marshal did say he'd forgotten to mention it in the briefing though.

The only other negative was some of the other players. Quite a few (on both teams) seemed to have a difficulty understanding what dead men don't talk means, fortunately though they could easily be ignored.

TL,DR:

It's a well run site and I'd say the game zone is quite well laid out and  IMO only needs a couple of tweaks to improve it. A solid 3.5 out of 5 overall