The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

MP9 is now complete, but now I need to find some foam that will fit in this because it's a very thicc boi. Anyone know a good way to fill this with foam?

image.thumb.jpeg.06bd2a89ae220db43530f42c5399b75d.jpeg

Foam pipe lagging?

wont to much to absorb sound, but to be fair- most of the noise from that comes from the actual mechanics working of the gbbr system and gas escaping through the ejection port when recoiling

26 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Foam pipe lagging?

wont to much to absorb sound, but to be fair- most of the noise from that comes from the actual mechanics working of the gbbr system and gas escaping through the ejection port when recoiling

Yeah, I'm not looking to make it mk23 or m700 levels of silent, but just deaden the noise a little (plus I like suppressors on everything, so might as well make it somewhat useful). Funnily enough, looking around I've found trampoline pole foam covers appear to be the right size (about 4.5cm diameter), so going to order some and try it.

4 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Probably close to record time for me receiving a stock MWS and quickly making it not stock. Very much a placeholder build from the bits box while waiting on parts to arrive. Very mayo, but as 'functionality' goes I've found an 11.5 URGI hard to beat.

Yep, I tend to agree. I've been contemplating a similar build to give my 9.3 URGI a big brother. 

HAO rail?

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Be careful with fitting the trigger pack, had a customer saying its extremely tight / slightly out of spec, got it stuck solid.

Did they happen to use an aftermarket trigger box? Stock one slid in entirely fine, tight enough to stay put. A touch looser than in the stock receivers, taking the trigger box out of the stock receiver is always my least favourite part of working on the MWS!

17 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Entirely possible, with it being cerakoted I imagine the paint has a lot to do with variance in how tight thing are/aren't. Very impressed by the kit on the whole, just waiting on a can to arrive from HK to finish it. Did end up opting for the Inline Arisaka mount which arrived today. May well swap the sling out for a Trex Arms one, like the look of the AOR1 one but prefer the functionality of the Trex. Will post up some nicer photos once the can has arrived 👌

329956027_589724576334849_8195858084046034887_n.thumb.jpg.8d621882f55e3f50d7aa45ff80e9e170.jpg

I anticipated filth...and you delivered! Seriously impressive shipping from Red Wolf too. May have to give them a look. 

9 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Impeccable service from Red Wolf, HK to my door in 5 days.

Congrats, that's a beast of a gnu :D
Can I ask a quick question about Redwolf?  Given you've just had a great experience with them, I thought I'd check to see how much 3 mags would be for my 416.  Even with the hellish airmail cost, it totals $166 / £138 which comfortably undercuts the prices available here (as there's bugger-all stock to pick from).   Are there any hidden costs, like tax, customs, handling fees, and currency charges that'll kill off the saving?

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Congrats, that's a beast of a gnu :D
Can I ask a quick question about Redwolf?  Given you've just had a great experience with them, I thought I'd check to see how much 3 mags would be for my 416.  Even with the hellish airmail cost, it totals $166 / £138 which comfortably undercuts the prices available here (as there's bugger-all stock to pick from).   Are there any hidden costs, like tax, customs, handling fees, and currency charges that'll kill off the saving?

It's broken down here if you care to read through, some couriers will also add their own fee for 'processing' if memory serves correctly but that seems to have no real rhyme of reason to it (I recall UPS feeling particularly steep in that regard). Whenever I order from overseas I assume I'm going to get hit by the applicable additional fees. Purely anecdotally I don't think I've had to pay any additional fees on anything I've ordered since COVID, but don't take that as me saying you'll be fine go for it. Also depends how honest the seller is on their declaration, in this instance RW were entirely honest on the value of goods on the form.

It's always a gamble, if I'd got hit on this particular parcel it would have cost me somewhere between an extra £150-£180. But this was for something I could only find from HK sellers so it was accpt the costs or simply don't have it at all, in my head that additional cash was already spent so I very much got lucky.

Just picked up a set  of British aircrew ubacs and combat bottoms in mtp. 

With my history of setting myself on fire with my own grenade, the subsequent burn hole in my atacs ix ubacs and a tear in my atacs ix trousers. It was time for some new stuff. On the plus side its also flame retardant. Which tbe gut at hoopers surplus was more than happy to point out amongst all our giggling at me explaining the story.

• Supporters

It'll vary on the exact model, but every UK aircrew UBACS I've seen (owned a couple, wore one in the desert after scrounging it on det) has 2 layers to at least half the torso with the inner layer being pretty thick.  They're actually more suitable for the cooler months of anything - just for info for planning.

FR stuff generally will fade faster and often is a little more prone to tears, though the MTP issued stuff does seem better than the american Drifire kit I've got in the latter regard.  But if you weren't already, just try and wash inside out in the shortest wash that gets it clean.

Maaaan, fuck Taiwangun!

They had Perun Hybrids in stock, so I bought two.

They had Slong all rubber cylinder heads, so I bought two.

It's a bad place, avoid if you don't want to feel unclean.

9 minutes ago, Skara said:

Maaaan, fuck Taiwangun!

Fortunately the "only orders over £135" for the UK tends to push me away, but before that I would agree with you. Bought so much from Taiwangun in the past :D 

4 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Just had 4 sticks of unobtanium land this morning:

image.thumb.jpg.7c8b52d9472fa9d4dee3fb912aedc61c.jpg

Managed to order the last 3 from Airsoft Global, hopefully arriving early next week. 

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Maaaan, fuck Taiwangun!

It's not difficult to stay away since brexit... 😗