The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

I've got the best eye pro, quality boots, every inclement weather layer one could ever desire, the list goes on... this week it was time to buy stuff that I bloody loved in video games as a young teenager in the late 90s/early 00s; stuff thats totally superfluous and I'm not sure I'll ever use (I think around that age is when we lock in our lifetime fascinations with things right?).

20230406_182819.thumb.jpg.7fc9cd6dbe959c2a3200c7624d08caa0.jpg

Now, who's put a scope on top of their deagle?

• Supporters
5 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I've got the best eye pro, quality boots, every inclement weather layer one could ever desire, the list goes on... this week it was time to buy stuff that I bloody loved in video games as a young teenager in the late 90s/early 00s; stuff thats totally superfluous and I'm not sure I'll ever use (I think around that age is when we lock in our lifetime fascinations with things right?).

Is the M9A1 the one that's actually any good? I've been wanting one since I got rid of the utter turd that was the SOCOM Gear one I had!

14 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Someone definitely played CoD judging by that purchase. Can't beat the noise of the noob tube from CoD. such a satisfying thlump

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Lozart said:

Is the M9A1 the one that's actually any good? I've been wanting one since I got rid of the utter turd that was the SOCOM Gear one I had!

I think SOCOM Gear is/was WE stuff rebranded?  Something along those lines.  As schnitz said, the two latest TM M9 variants including this A1 are pretty much fully in line with all TM's latest with various updates, so I'm fully expecting the same sort of top performance I get from my P226E2 and G17 Gen 4.

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

Someone definitely played CoD judging by that purchase. Can't beat the noise of the noob tube from CoD. such a satisfying thlump

Plenty of original MW, though the M203 on the M16 is something I just saw a lot in all sorts of films and games growing up, used it a ton in Battlefield 2.  The chrome Eagle was obviously big in MW '07 and MW2 iirc, plus a million other things ha.  The M9, again is in many many games but the thing that sticks in my head is a demo I had for Max Payne, which I must've played 100+ times through (in secret at first as I wasn't allowed shooting games).  Berettas are obviously staple weapons throughout those games, but the original was probably the first game I had where you could really see the slide cycling and 3D models of brass cases and bullets coming out, which is accentuated by the slide having it's signature open top.  Plus of course you could watch it all in slo-mo; blew my mind.  America's Army in a later iteration also added a ridiculously well animated M9 that just fascinated me frankly.

A pre owned and upgraded Tokyo Marui G3 sg1. Now the nervous waiting for it to be sent and arrive.

Its going to be my 1st foray into using a dmr unless i downgrade the spring to 350fps again

It will also be only the second rif i have own that is not an M4 variant. Now to trawl the ads for some bits like sights, supressors and an extra mag or 2.

Edited by ghostwalker

On 03/04/2023 at 16:46, Rollade said:

Pic? Love mine. Just sold my other WE M14 

there are some wears on the stock and trend, planning to do a paint job but i am still searching for metal paint.

20230408210035.jpg

Just now, RecsPowerCode said:

there are some wears on the stock and trend, planning to do a paint job but i am still searching for metal paint.

20230408210035.jpg

i dont know why this picture is up side down LOL

Bulle reusable grenade pouch in od.

Jg hi cap mag for a g3

Vortex strikefire 2

Vortex 3x flip to side magnifier.

That concludes this weeks mental breakdown for the bank manager.

Well unless I find the stock and ris rail I want for the g3 sg1 I bought at the end of last week.

Bought some custom made pouches from Baribal in Polen land:

Two of these to go over the mag pouches on my belt kit - Primarily to hold navigation stuff and multitool + bits;

One of this to turn my 9 litres Tasmanian Tiger Essential Pack into a sort of this for games up to 8 hours long (I'll be using my Direct Action Dust for longer games);

A 40mm velcro inner belt (hook) to be used with my FRV Shooter's Belt and Templar's Gear belt kit;

A Dump Pouch;

Everything in Ranger Green and 500D Cordura. € 140 for everything (including PP surcharge and shipping from Polen).

Next is another golden carbon fibre barrel (for my 933) and a 36k Warhead Black still for the 933 (with possibly a 16:1 gear set to keep the RPS down to 20/22 on a 7.4v)

3 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

After having seen this listing

I thought I might as well buy a new one, for cheaper 😂

Ali Express FTW 👌😄

This ain't Mack.

Just recieved in the post today, a lightly used LCT RPK from the classifieds, pairs nicely with the LCT TIMS.

(Please buy my things in the classifieds to fund it, thank you) 

20230412_115402.jpg

I have just had to pay £25+£5 postage for an AEG piston. A fucking AEG piston!

Thanks KWA. Tossers - can't even spec their guns right.

image.png.cf1483701eabb1fb9652c2b793b806f1.png

Fair play to 'bomb up' airsoft though - arrived next day.

Bank account took another hit.

Retro Arms V2 gearbox (now 3 out of 4 AEGs have them);

FPS 8mm bushings;

Prommy BC bright 208mm barrel for the pdw.

An Action Hobbies boneyard CYMA CM.041K for only £55 with three mags...

nZw7qChl.jpg

... which once I'm happy with it will become my DMR sidearm (sorry AAP-01). It's a bit stroppy on semi though, so will have to be disassembled and examined (... and if I'm taking it apart I may as well fit a GATE Titan v3 basic, justifying it to myself that it still just costs less than a new one).

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

GATE Titan v3 basic

Perun Hybrid mate, does what a Titan does but for less money :)

3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

An Action Hobbies boneyard CYMA CM.041K for only £55 with three mags...

nZw7qChl.jpg

... which once I'm happy with it will become my DMR sidearm (sorry AAP-01). It's a bit stroppy on semi though, so will have to be disassembled and examined (... and if I'm taking it apart I may as well fit a GATE Titan v3 basic, justifying it to myself that it still just costs less than a new one).

Oh you bugger, you're the one that kept me from that stunted-gun-goodness!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Oh you bugger, you're the one that kept me from that stunted-gun-goodness!

That's you and two others now I beat to it, you have to be faster than Usain Bolt to buy something from their boneyard 😆

(I love the GCS app too much, looking at stats and other nerdy things, so I'm a GATE fan boy I'm afraid)

Edit: Oh, and my son wants it off of me now 🙄

Edited by Fatboy40

I'm on the "Eastern European" side of a Battlesim again, so...

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-14 at 17.18.54.jpg

Second hand
CM.057A, bought on these forums. Not chronoed it yet. Popped a couple of cheeky shots into a pillow and it sounds snappy and healthy.

Edited by Skullchewer

30 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I'm on the "Eastern European" side of a Battlesim again, so...

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-14 at 17.18.54.jpg

Second hand
CM.057A, bought on these forums. Not chronoed it yet. Popped a couple of cheeky shots into a pillow and it sounds snappy and healthy.

God forbid it breaks, getting parts is a bitch

7 minutes ago, strykerles said:

God forbid it breaks, getting parts is a bitch

Silence heretic!
You're harshing my vibe, maaaan.
Seriosuly though, I know, but I've been wanting an SDV for years, but didn't want to pay much for exactly that reason.

10 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Silence heretic!
You're harshing my vibe, maaaan.
Seriosuly though, I know, but I've been wanting an SDV for years, but didn't want to pay much for exactly that reason.

I sincerely apoligise.

I have the wood version and it is beautiful with a PSO1

I have upgraded the spring and it throws out .36s very far, although it is a plastic piston  so eventually it will destroy itself

I wanted wood, but they're currently rocking horse shit, so I bought this one as a test, to see how I get on with the platform.
Our survey says: It's gonna have to perform like shit cos I'm already in love with it before I've even fielded it.