The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

A great day last Sunday where the only negative was one incident on the second game. A player was shot after calling a hit and decided the best action was to start spraying people with his speedyboi drum mag hpa pistol. This was infront of multiple witnesses (including staff) so was given the boot. The bit that makes me laugh though is that the whole group left with one complaining its not fair as someone else had done similar in the past and didn't get banned. 

This turned out to be a blessing though as after that group left the standard of play went right up

• Supporters

Went to Spartan airsoft woodland last Sunday (started my hunt for a new site after getting banned from my home site !😆) arrived safe and sound paid green fees , had a chat with a marshal (very nice chap) had a positively orgasmic 🥓 and 🍳 🥯 and discovered tea and coffee was free , Result ! Game brief took a fair old while and was a slow start to the day , didn’t get first game started till 10.40 ! I will let this slide as it was their first game back after the most recent lockdown so gonna have a few ‘hiccups’ . 
Now the downside to my day , they insist on bio ammo that’s bought from them so they can control it’s origin (don’t have a problem with that) BUT the problem is all ammo of .28 and below is a sort of dark coffee colour and the site is heavy pine forest so it’s quite dark and gloomy , now if this was a well lit site wouldn’t be a problem but it isn’t so you just can’t see your shots in flight at all so even with a perfectly dialled in scope due to the vagaries of shooting small spherical objects out of a smooth bore barrel and the effect the ambient weather can have on them you just can’t confirm if your shots are on target or not . By the end of just the first game I found I was starting to getting well frustrated by this . Even after I spent a good 10mins on their range and confirmed to my self my rounds where spot on when using my scope I still found it hard to just accept I wasn’t hitting any of the other team when I thought I must have hit them(now I’m no Mega Airsoft dealer of death by any stretch of the imagination but I do find it hard to believe I only had 1 kill all day ?) when at all the other sites I’ve been too I’m always well in to double figures by lunchtime , simply because with out the visible confirmation of my rounds in flight I didn’t know if I was even anywhere near my target player let alone hitting them . I seriously doubt I’ll be going back there any time soon for this reason which is a shame as the sites a nice one , everybody both staff and players where friendly and the standard of gameplay was excellent but I left the site feeling unfulfilled which I’m not prepared to travel all the way from Swansea to Bristol airport and not really enjoy a gameday , especially when it’s setting me back close to £130 for the day . Say’la’vie .

keep on looking ! 😉

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
17 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Went to Spartan airsoft woodland last Sunday (started my hunt for a new site after getting banned from my home site !😆) arrived safe and sound paid green fees , had a chat with a marshal (very nice chap) had a positively orgasmic 🥓 and 🍳 🥯 and discovered tea and coffee was free , Result ! Game brief took a fair old while and was a slow start to the day , didn’t get first game started till 10.40 ! I will let this slide as it was their first game back after the most recent lockdown so gonna have a few ‘hiccups’ . 
Now the downside to my day , they insist on bio ammo that’s bought from them so they can control it’s origin (don’t have a problem with that) BUT the problem is all ammo of .28 and below is a sort of dark coffee colour and the site is heavy pine forest so it’s quite dark and gloomy , now if this was a well lit site wouldn’t be a problem but it isn’t so you just can’t see your shots in flight at all so even with a perfectly dialled in scope due to the vagaries of shooting small spherical objects out of a smooth bore barrel and the effect the ambient weather can have on them you just can’t confirm if your shots are on target or not . By the end of just the first game I found I was starting to getting well frustrated by this . Even after I spent a good 10mins on their range and confirmed to my self my rounds where spot on when using my scope I still found it hard to just accept I wasn’t hitting any of the other team when I thought I must have hit them(now I’m no Mega Airsoft dealer of death by any stretch of the imagination but I do find it hard to believe I only had 1 kill all day ?) when at all the other sites I’ve been too I’m always well in to double figures by lunchtime , simply because with out the visible confirmation of my rounds in flight I didn’t know if I was even anywhere near my target player let alone hitting them . I seriously doubt I’ll be going back there any time soon for this reason which is a shame as the sites a nice one , everybody both staff and players where friendly and the standard of gameplay was excellent but I left the site feeling unfulfilled which I’m not prepared to travel all the way from Swansea to Bristol airport and not really enjoy a gameday , especially when it’s setting me back close to £130 for the day . Say’la’vie .

keep on looking ! 😉

Damn, that's a shame - seems like if they _just_ want to "trace the source" they could just buy some normal white Bio BBs, I'm guessing the bbs they're using have the highest margins. Worth letting them know that you won't be coming back unless they change the rules or BBs in some way.

Other sites handle it just fine by asking to see sealed bio BB bottles at chrono. It's not as if bio BBs actually degrade in woodland..

11 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Other sites handle it just fine by asking to see sealed bio BB bottles at chrono. It's not as if bio BBs actually degrade in woodland..

This. Forcing players to buy ammo on site sounds like a cheap way of squeezing more money out of their customers to me

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

This. Forcing players to buy ammo on site sounds like a cheap way of squeezing more money out of their customers to me

Agree 💯, plus while I'm not a snob when it comes to BB's, think I'd draw the line at shitty brown ones of indeterminate quality ?, If they're genuinely so anal about using their BB's for the level of biodegradability, how soft/porous etc are they ?, & Do they have the potential to harm our toys in any way, feeding issues/barrel deposits etc ?

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Damn, that's a shame - seems like if they _just_ want to "trace the source" they could just buy some normal white Bio BBs, I'm guessing the bbs they're using have the highest margins. Worth letting them know that you won't be coming back unless they change the rules or BBs in some way.

Did tell them that very thing , and I also asked about other brands of ammo in sealed bottles to be told by some old codger I hadn’t seen till lunchtime that they used these ones as (not saying I would) “players could easily swap white non bio for white bio” ? But yet the .3 and above ammo which was near twice the price WAS white’ish !🤔

Edit ; the ammo is green devil bio I googled it and it isn’t on retail in the UK just whole sale , but it is retailed in other countries .

They charge £13.50 for 5000 .25’s on site , found it for sale in Holland and it was 12.40€ a bag so not too much of a mark up I suppose.

38 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Did tell them that very thing , and I also asked about other brands of ammo in sealed bottles to be told by some old codger I hadn’t seen till lunchtime that they used these ones as (not saying I would) “players could easily swap white non bio for white bio” ? But yet the .3 and above ammo which was near twice the price WAS white’ish !🤔

Edit ; the ammo is green devil bio I googled it and it isn’t on retail in the UK just whole sale , but it is retailed in other countries .

They charge £13.50 for 5000 .25’s on site , found it for sale in Holland and it was 12.40€ a bag so not too much of a mark up I suppose.

I haven't been to a site that corners you into buying theirBB's yet, did they stock every weight imaginable? I think i'd begrudge having to buy bottles of varying weights each time I went to a site like that, and i'd definitely be put off going back as well.

Was this "rule" mentioned on their website at all?

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Yeah, because nobody could swap dysentery brown bios for non bios of the same colour. 

Well at least they're not taking the piss with prices, but I still think this is down to making money rather than the stupid excuse they've given

• Supporters
20 hours ago, leadly said:

I haven't been to a site that corners you into buying theirBB's yet, did they stock every weight imaginable? I think i'd begrudge having to buy bottles of varying weights each time I went to a site like that, and i'd definitely be put off going back as well.

Was this "rule" mentioned on their website at all?

Yes it is on there web site you have to use their bio’s . I’m not actually bothered by this as once my stock of ‘normal’ ammo finally runs out I’m planning to change to bio and their pricing isn’t that expensive but when he said no you can’t use any other brand even from a sealed container I did think NOW your starting to take the piss .

18 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Yeah, because nobody could swap dysentery brown bios for non bios of the same colour. 

Exactly this .

Just found this thread last night, so i will share my most recent experience from last weekend, attending one of my regular sites, RIFT Redcon 2.

arrived on site in good time, signed in etc then moved through to the on site shops..   Only airsoft to collect some bits i ordered on friday and asked to be brought to site as i wouldnt get to their shop in stevenage before game day, then RIFTs own on site shop to buy smoke grenades and co2 capsules.

Went back to my car to get loaded up ready for chrono while chatting to some friends...  heres where things went wonky...

Attached my HPA tank to my Osprey vest, and one of the poppers on a strap btoke off,  fortunately threading it through the MOLLE and using a small cable tie i found in my car held it for the day, but i need a new carry pouch.

moved onto my MOSCARTS...  filled them from a CO2 fist device...  all but 2 leaking like sieves.  Nothing i can do onsite, but pray the others dont start leaking.

Got my rifle mags and one pistol mag loaded and went to chrono before the main rush, passed chrono, but the pistol mag started leaking slightly from outlet.  Back to car and no amount of fiddling would stop the leak, and i realised i had left valve key at home...  no issue, i will just run 3 pistol mags instead of 4...  went to gas the other mags... all leaking..  FUCK

Ran back to onlyairsoft, praying they had mags, they only had 2 green gas and one CO2 Raven hicapa mags...   no choice, i bought them then ran back to the car to load them before running back for the briefing and team armbands.

I was pleasantly surprised to be issued not only a team armband, but also a medic armband... not seen the medic rule before at RIFT due to the pandemic, but this would be a lifesaver on the 70 acre site.

Game rules: total war all day, swapping sides after lunch.  One team had objective of recovering "flight recorders" to HQ, while other team had to find numbered poles and connect them at their HQ to make radio aerials. Locations of teams objectives marked on a map at their main spawn, plus 4 capturable forward respawn points.

Morning game, not much to report, got a few kills, got killed a lot more but the medic rule helped keep me in the fight a bit longer. Helped capture one forward respawn.

Attacking a group of containers (one of which held a pole the enemy needed) We came under fire from enemies hidden in the bushes.  Popped a smoke and charged one of 3 gaps in the bushes that the enemy were firing through,  got a trade off kill on one of the enemy.  Respawned (as had alredy used my medic life) and returned. Identified where one ARP user was shooting from and popped a TAG AFG6 grenade into the bushes...  2 enemy KIA.  Team mate behind me pissing himself laughing.  Initially he thought the grenade had gone off as i threw it, but was just the igniter as the spoon flew off.   Next thing..  BOOM followed by one of the enemy players shouting "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?   HITTT!!"   team mate then asked me where he could buy the grenades from.

Break for lunch, i didnt buy food on site, just a cup of tea to refresh while reloading.  Also took my tippmann to the range to adjust the hop.

After lunch, quick briefing and raffle from only airsoft (didnt win, gutted as prize was a TM M870 Gas shotgun) and off to respawn.

Afternoon had proceeded well, team captured all 6 poles (though one seemed to go missing on its way to our HQ, so we only ended up with 5 =/ )

I normally play on my own, floating around the site and supporting any firefights i come across, while also trying to sneak behind enemy lines to harrass them..  but as the afternoon wore on i hooked up with several other lone wolves, and ended up part of a 6 man squad. 

Then it happened, i encountered a cheater...

As a squad we moved across the land, securing a forward respawn, confirming one of our objectives (pole) had been captured and then seen that 3 of our team mates had captured the enemy HQ, making their score zero as long as they held the HQ to ENDEX. We then moved towards the "container yard" to check if the pole there had been captured yet. As we approached there was heavy fire coming from a container on top of the hill down towards the 3 lower containers that our team was trying to assault.

With the enemy focussed on our team mates the squad split up, with me moving towards the upper container, one squad member trying to move around to flank the container (but got trade off kill with enemy coming out of the woodland before he was in position) and the other 4 trying to sneak into the container yard from the opposite side to the rest of our team.

I approached the upper container, drawing my pistol, and saw 2 enemies with their backs to me through the window cut into the container.  A third entered the container through the container doors and i saw him pause to look at me, trying to work out if i was friendly or not.  No choice but to shoot him, then his team mates before they could react. Enemy that saw me took his hit, as did enemy 3,  but enemy 2 decided to tuck himself into a corner, but his leg was still exposed..  i shot him again and he moved his leg.

I asked him if he was going to take his hit, and he started gesturing to another enemy in the back of the container i couldnt see.  I shot him in the hand, as evidenced by him shaking it in pain...  still no hit call. I shifted angle slightly so that his pouches and stomach were exposed and i shot 4 times, seeing the flaps of his pouches moving, at least one hit the side of his stomach.  Still no hit call.

Then he shouts "NOW" and bomb-bursts out the container doors to shoot at me full auto while his team mate popped forward into the window to shoot me.  I ignored cheater and tried to get his team mate, but was too slow and taken out.  Cue cheater then shouting at me to stop cheating and take my hits, at which point i asked him when he intended to take the 6 or 7 hits i landed on him.  He tried denying i hit him but eventually relented when one of the other enemies i had shot (and loitered in the container to avoid getting hit again) backed me up,  and so he sloped off to respawn.

As i headed to my respawn i had a word with one of the marshals about cheater, and was told that i was the second person to complain about him and they would be dealt with. I dont know the outcome of that, but i didnt notice him again (not really surprising on a large site)

After respawn i went back to the container yard to find my team had pushed the enemy back, so i checked for the pole to find it had been taken already. By this point a large group of enemy had respawned and were advancing on the containers. I was pinned where i was and couldnt leave without being hit, so i decided to try and get as many enemy at range as i could.  Got 3, possibly 4 at range, but then enemies got into the containers.

Dropping to pistol i got 2, a third rushed the container i was in but his shot missed me by milimetres (heard it whizz past my ear) enemy 4 got into a neighboring container and tried to get a shot on me from his window through the door of my container,  managed to get a snap shot which i thought had missed as i didnt hear a hit call but he pulled back. Enemy 5 tried rushing to post a grenade, but got shot before they could throw. After a pause, another enemy threw a smoke grenade into the container then tried to medic enemy 5..   he didnt make it.

Next thing i hear a voice shout "do you want to surrender? Or are we coming in there to get you?"

I shouted back "you are welcome to try"  just as a BFG got thrown in through the door. Came out with hand raised to see 10 enemies with their guns all pointed at the door.

We all fist bumped and commented "well played" before i headed to respawn.  Enemy 4 had reappeared by this point and confirmed that i had indeed got a headshot on him. I apologised for headshot and shook his hand but he was cool with it.

Respawned and headed to defend our hq for the last 15 mins of the game.

End of the day and im packing my kit away, thinking to myself that it was a good day, despite the gear malfunctions and the cheater incident, only to then realise that at some point, i had lost my Runcam Scopecam somewhere on the land... 

Overall a good day,  but severely annoyed at losing the runcam =/

Edited by Spartan09

My day at dirtydog in Shildon (NE England). 

I need to point out that I hate moaning about sites & players but this place became too much for me, or in a word..shit. 

Cheating players everywhere. 

The Marshall brief was below par when compared to other sites. - also worth noting that for the amount of players attending there was not enough Marshall to instil discipline and keep watch on the non hit takers.  I accidentally shot some poor chap in the grid (he only had his head on display) on full auto from 30m away as I thought I was in an area which I was allowed to do so. However "the Village" spans well beyond the buildings that make up the village and even up the far embankments (which in an early game full auto was permitted) so I was confused but apologised immediately to the other player, twice just incase he didn't hear me.   Then some muppet threw a mk5 at me from 15 m away, I saw it mid flight and ran back 5 m then slid approx 10m down the steep embankment and once it detonated I shouted "no kills".  The other player shouted " bushes don't count as hard cover", I said "does 15m down an embankment count" sarcastically and he said "no".  I continued playing and shot him but he didn't call his hit so I walked away and attacked another part of the village.  

I reported the cheating twats to a Marshall but he seemed uninterested to deal with it. 

I would have happily accepted a ban over a time period for full auto'ing that guy even though the rules were vague at best I felt shit once he called for it.   I called my hits, I complied with MED's and all other rules through the day but others couldn't which pissed me off. 

The search continues for a decent site that's not 2hrs+ away. 

RANT CLOSED 

3 minutes ago, Oneshotscott said:

My day at dirtydog in Shildon (NE England). 

I need to point out that I hate moaning about sites & players but this place became too much for me, or in a word..shit. 

Cheating players everywhere. 

The Marshall brief was below par when compared to other sites. - also worth noting that for the amount of players attending there was not enough Marshall to instil discipline and keep watch on the non hit takers.  I accidentally shot some poor chap in the grid (he only had his head on display) on full auto from 30m away as I thought I was in an area which I was allowed to do so. However "the Village" spans well beyond the buildings that make up the village and even up the far embankments (which in an early game full auto was permitted) so I was confused but apologised immediately to the other player, twice just incase he didn't hear me.   Then some muppet threw a mk5 at me from 15 m away, I saw it mid flight and ran back 5 m then slid approx 10m down the steep embankment and once it detonated I shouted "no kills".  The other player shouted " bushes don't count as hard cover", I said "does 15m down an embankment count" sarcastically and he said "no".  I continued playing and shot him but he didn't call his hit so I walked away and attacked another part of the village.  

I reported the cheating twats to a Marshall but he seemed uninterested to deal with it. 

I would have happily accepted a ban over a time period for full auto'ing that guy even though the rules were vague at best I felt shit once he called for it.   I called my hits, I complied with MED's and all other rules through the day but others couldn't which pissed me off. 

The search continues for a decent site that's not 2hrs+ away. 

RANT CLOSED 

That's a shame for two reasons. The not selfish one being that you had a crap day, the selfish being this was a site on my list to try out because it's somewhat local-ish to me. Womp womp, good luck in your search bud.

5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

That's a shame for two reasons. The not selfish one being that you had a crap day, the selfish being this was a site on my list to try out because it's somewhat local-ish to me. Womp womp, good luck in your search bud.

I'm in Cumbria so after trying NSC (I was working in Alnwick for a few months) I really enjoyed that site but I'm back in the lakes now so dirtydog was my closest that's open on a Sunday.   Try out NSC if you're north of Newcastle and don't mind woodland.  I'm going to try all arms and adrenaline airsoft next.  

You should still go and try dirtydog for yourself, I'd never try to deter anyone from going even though I've had a bad experience.  You might go on a "good day" and love it. 

Funny old day today.  Went for our usual run around Tuddenham for Filmsim, which is my favourite type of game tbh.

We were assigned a chap who I have milsimed with in the past at cold war games.  He certainly knew his stuff, and set out a clear game plan and assigned people tasks if they wished.  The game was fairly simple and based on some console game I think.  At least the kids all knew what the teams were supposed to be about any how.   

The standard of gameplay was brilliant, the scenarios well briefed, the marshalling was excellent (what little was required) and bar someone with the mother of plate carriers being truly oblivious to being hit, there were no problems at all.  

I loved sneaking through the scrub and finding the enemy, got some hilariously lucky shots through bushes and got some good long range shots walking the M4 in like a mortar.  Having a contact lens fall out as I ran full pelt (lumbered quickish might be more accurate...) was weird.  My shooting was well off with one eye seriously short sighted.  

What was strange was the lack of aggression on our team.   Breakthroughs were unexploited, pushes fizzled out and a few times the three or four players that did push up were friendly fired.  It didn't dampen the day for us at all, but I expect that it may have done if someone were ultra competitive.  Odd as the onsite team were full of energy and the other side really enthused.  

Really glad I went despite the crap weather.  Don't think I've ever had a bad day here tbh.  

I think I just had the best weekend of airsoft I've had in literally a decade. Started with an airsoft car-boot sale, where I picked up a TM 4.3 Hicapa for £50, lots of socialising and chatting to everyone. Then we played some 5v5 and 4v4 games, because the player numbers were super low on the Saturday, which were really fun (and really challenging as a sneaky sniper, since the enemy team gets suspicious when they can't see the 4th or 5th player. It's a lot easier to keep track of things when there are only 5 enemies). Camped over night, which involved some great fireside chats with some of the other guys who were camping over, until 2:30am in the otherwise pitch black. Maybe I should've gone to bed earlier, but I have no regrets and I'd do it again.

Then had a full day of fantastic games where I managed to sneak behind the enemy team in the morning games and was picking them all off from behind, finding out my friend was pretty much parallel to me on the other side of the area, shooting them from the front and this getting us some rather colourful, frustrated cries about how snipers are unfair. However, after lunch I was removed from my team and put in a small 6 person group of 2 scientists and 4 guards where the objective for both teams was to retrieve the scientists' briefcases and we were told by the marshalls to "make them work for it"...

3 hours into holding them all off and only 10 minutes remaining for the day, we decided to give a suitcase to each team so that there could actually be a winner to the games. Working as a cohesive unit is the real overpowered way of playing airsoft, as we simply set ourselves up in concealed positions (most of us were experienced sneaky-beakies and/or bush wookiees) with overlapping fields of fire, moving when we had to but always keeping each other's positions in mind when we did. I lost track of how many people I hit, but it was a LOT. Outnumbered, outgunned, but not outdone! ;)

So what did I learn? Apart from the normal reinforcement of "you can stealth in short sleeves and a cheap £25 leafy hood thing from Russia", I learned that my new HPA m21 setup is bonkers. Easily accurate to 60m and still pretty accurate to 65m on 1.1J, so no MED and full auto if I really want, though I did change my full auto to 3 round burst. It's also incredibly quiet, not quite as quiet as my VSR, but I think it's quieter than my mk23. It has definitely cemented itself in as my primary gun for the late spring through autumn while the site is pretty overgrown. We'll see if it can dethrone the VSR in the winter through early spring when the sight lines are longer, but it's so liberating being able to shoot people within 30m and having semi-auto ROF instead of bolt action, but also retaining that long range option.

I'm going to have tree-trunk arms by next summer if I use this gun on the regular now. It weighs an absolute tonne compared to the VSR!

Don't worry this'll be short 😉

Another good day at Skirmish Wycombe.

They do shortish 20-30 minute games usually capture & defend with the roles switched for the following game.

There is some interesting terrain and varied structures which makes capturing and defending a bit more interesting.

4 marshals for about 60 players.  They are a bit young so don't know how well they'd handle a difficult player.

Luckily the times I've played there I haven't seen too much cheating.

Lunch is VERY good and they cater to special requirements.

Decent airsoft shop and tuck shop.

Haven't tried the toilets but they are in a proper cabin.

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

Camped over night, which involved some great fireside chats with some of the other guys who were camping over, until 2:30am in the otherwise pitch black. Maybe I should've gone to bed earlier, but I have no regrets and I'd do it again.

On the piss 'till 2:30 and up for airsoft at sparrow's fart = easy.

On the piss 'till 2:30 and up for work at sparrow's fart = just about impossible/get the missus to call in saying that you've got a bone in your leg.  

Yesterday we had the first game post summer break and it sucked.

Or at least I sucked.

Wasn't motivated at all and kept playing like crap, zero situational awareness and generally crap aim (if aiming in airsoft means anything at all).

Won't be playing for a month now (close friend's wedding on Saturday and then I'm on vacation), hopefully when I get back I'll be a wee bit more relaxed so I can focus on having fun rather than real life bollocks :D

I decided to go to the new site that i have been to a couple of times. 

got set up and went through the brief all is well, teams are set and pretty much a good balance.

first game attacking and the team is doing well picking off targets and progress to the objective 

im a loner so i just moving about tagging on to teams to help out.

the whole morning was good, few shouts of non hit taking the same old.

switch the game around and seems the amour skin came out for the attackers and abusing the fall back regen rule 

just watching bbs ping off them and then when they hit you they call hit after, throwing a nade after being hit then complaining about overkill cos he stood there not call hit.

people shouting at each other for not following the rules like its just a game guy 😅

i never felt like giving up like i did yesterday watch my team give up and wait for the game to end was a eye opener.

just hope it was just one off day?

i really like the setup and the team that run it.

sorry for the rant just been low and was hoping the day would pick me up 😏 

16 hours ago, Impulse said:

I think I just had the best weekend of airsoft I've had in literally a decade.

Even as the saps that had to attack you it was a fantastic day. A ton of fighting, and team kills, as both teams were forced into one direction to attack the scientists. And Paradise is hell to attack an entrenched team, especially if you're wearing a bright white shirt 😂

5 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

Even as the saps that had to attack you it was a fantastic day. A ton of fighting, and team kills, as both teams were forced into one direction to attack the scientists. And Paradise is hell to attack an entrenched team, especially if you're wearing a bright white shirt 😂

Yeah, a bright white shirt will definitely do it, but mad props for keeping the cartel look all day with it; I was honestly expecting more, as last time there were quite a few loud shirts out, but this time there were very few. I think I might've hit you a few times on the flank near the field as I saw and shot at a white shirt a few times so I had to move because I was sure you were zeroing on my position when a burst went right over my head!

I think we need to play down in Paradise more. There are some pretty long sight lines, but there's also quite a few ways to break line of sight, and plenty of foliage to ruin shots. I think it'll be more manageable when players learn how to play it, but we never get the opportunity :(

On 30/08/2021 at 19:45, Impulse said:

Yeah, a bright white shirt will definitely do it, but mad props for keeping the cartel look all day with it; I was honestly expecting more, as last time there were quite a few loud shirts out, but this time there were very few. I think I might've hit you a few times on the flank near the field as I saw and shot at a white shirt a few times so I had to move because I was sure you were zeroing on my position when a burst went right over my head!

I think we need to play down in Paradise more. There are some pretty long sight lines, but there's also quite a few ways to break line of sight, and plenty of foliage to ruin shots. I think it'll be more manageable when players learn how to play it, but we never get the opportunity :(

I was also hoping for more bright shirts, but it is what it is. Still somehow got team killed a few times  😂 I've played a few times down in paradise, hopefully it gets more use, though it's proper creepy right now, with all the canopy cover and dead branches around. 

Ended up heading out for a game every weekend for the last 3 weekends (including yesterday). It's been forever since I've been anywhere close to that regularly, thoroughly enjoyed myself each time.

1st was a woodland game at Dagger Woods in Preston, only issue I had all day was ear pro not sitting comfortably and my trousers being too big. Opted to attach my Peltors to my helmet to fix the first issue, and some correctly sized trousers for the second. A very active day, Dagger is a very weird woodland site because it's pretty small so it feels very intimate. Lots of opportunities for flanks, and that is high on the list of shit I love.

2nd was for the second day of the 'Shift Your Rifts' event at Redcon-2, first games at a brand new sites often kinda suck for me. You have some decent engagements but I generally find I have no idea what's going on or where I'm supposed to be going. Unless a site is run like absolute garbage or I just get an sense that it really isn't for me I'll tend to try a site 2-3 times before I'd say it's actively bad, getting a feel for the lay of the land can really sway how enjoyable a site is for me. So yeah, a lot of aimless wandering. Ended up with a nasty muscle strain in my thigh in the morning from the very heroic act of... standing up from crouching a bit too quickly, boy do I love getting old. Back to warming up ahead of game days for me from now on. Took the rest of the morning off to have some painkillers and wander around to keep things as limber as possible, popped on a compression sleeve and played the afternoon keeping to a smaller section of the site. Corrections to kit worked out nicely.

3rd (yesterday) was back to Dagger Woods. Had a great time as I always do there, this being my 4th game at the site. Thigh was much better but I made sure to be 'responsible' around it, excluding game two where I decided to run around like a moron retrieving canisters... 9 of the teams 11 retrieved that game. Ok, I was more responsible about carrying an injury in the afternoon. Outside of that just a really solid day, good hit calling, good marshalling, all my kit behaved bar wiping about the QLS receiver for my holster doing a slide into cover retrieving 1 of the aforementioned canisters... like a twat. Fortunately the cheapest part of my holster setup to replace, so though I won't celebrate breaking something that's somewhat of a silverlining.

Two week break now until I head back to Dagger Wood for their final game of this year (unfortunately the site is only open for a few months of the year), and then off to Com's Site 3 the weekend after that with the same group of friends from down South that I went to Redcon with. Thoroughly enjoying getting out and playing at the moment, long may it continue 🤞.

Airsoft1.thumb.jpg.62b64266b2d319446649c49f8ae186e3.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face

Of all my years of paintballing and airsoft I have never taken a shot that made me hit the deck like a bitch until yesterday. Shot in the soft part of the throat and adam's apple at almost point blank range. The easiest decision ever at home when I ordered some neck protection. 

Ars-Arma-Throat-ProtectionOpt44-1000x1000.thumb.jpg.9694fb3cf70234d160a284a6d937d46c.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face