Biggest disappointments.

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Be it a over hyped gun or a crappy site to play, What are your tales of woe?

(This is not for slagging people off mind you, so please be polite)

Expecting my belt rig without its harness to work as well on site as it did when I was clearing room to room in my house. It kept falling down every 5 steps, sagging and smacking me in the arse . It ended up taking the trouser button off my BDU's so they kept falling down.

So I was totally immobile beyond maybe 10 steps at a time, I was frustrated and sweating so my goggles obviously fogged up and I couldn't see f*ck all through the tiny peephole on the m14 iron sights which was a bit naff because it was the first time I'd used it so I wasn't much use.

Just stood there getting shot a lot lol

• Supporters

I joinded a squad on a milsim game. We saw two enemy squads and they saw us too. They took cover in bushes and ditches. Then the sqad leader ordered us to do a frontal attack. This was our "cover". I couldn't believe it so I took a photo while staying behind. :)

S1031927.JPG

Another disappointment is skirmishing in the UK. It's just paintballing with airsoft guns. :(

How did the dude get to be squad leader? Doesn't seem like he was promoted based on ability...

Unfortunately the idea of skirmishing being a smooth running military op seems an impossible dream, unless you had to prove your athletic/tactical/shooting abilities to play it first.

At least it's not a giant stag-do like paintball.

Working wonders to sneak behind the enemy covertly in the dark

Then not watching my footing falling over and being shot to ****

Or

Surprising the enemy pulling the trigger and nothing happens..... Empty

I joinded a squad on a milsim game. We saw two enemy squads and they saw us too. They took cover in bushes and ditches. Then the sqad leader ordered us to do a frontal attack. This was our "cover". I couldn't believe it so I took a photo while staying behind. :)

S1031927.JPG

Another disappointment is skirmishing in the UK. It's just paintballing with airsoft guns. :(

Me and a friend once did the same thing as you. A group of about a dozen of us crossing mostly open ground around the perimeter of site, ran into some bad guys. After standing out of range for a second, another friend led a heroic charge into the enemy whilst me and my mate Sat back and waited to watch them all get shot.

After most of them were dead, we agreed that if the first mate (who somehow wasn't hit yet) could medic the other 9 friendly players and revive the assault, we would eat our guns.

Once he got the first few guys back up we ran into the fray and reinforced him. We ended up medicing every player and pushing through the enemies to the building we were tasked with taking

And I still haven't ate my gun

Got given a sub-zero looking mask, i gave it a test shot and it punched the thin plastic lens right out. So I didn't get chosen to represent Earth in the next Mortal Kombat :(

^ Pretty sure every airsofter's loft has an unwise purchase sat in it somewhere! I have two B500A1...

Capture the flag game

2 guys pinning us down, 1 guy taken out the other behind hard cover. As I move forward firing short burst to keep his head down, I'm within steps of getting the flag, I take cover to change mags & look to my rear to find everyone just standing about 30 ft away doing f**k all & at that point I get hit, happened twice that day where I start to push forward with no back up grrrrr

• Supporters

We 5.1 hi-Cappa dragon 29rds out of gas :(

First cheaply springer shottie I bought unskirmishable 400fps trigger locked up after 2 or so shells (managed to swap)

G&p m120 motor, not that good, expensave, and wow doesn't it get hot (I may have got a duff one)

Got to play a trial game at a new local site to me, I get d&v the night before and cannot remember the Sunday, was soo out of it asked the dpd delivery guy if they delivered on Sunday's now, it was Monday lol

• Supporters

G&p m120 motor, not that good, expensave, and wow doesn't it get hot (I may have got a duff one)

G&P & Big Dragon M120's are $hitty ferrite motors - avoid at ALL costs

do not be tempted to buy 4 of them even if they are on offer like some twat did.....

not much better than a G&G stock red ferrite - sure ICS ferrites are faster than most others

m140's neodym but a bit slow - torquey but not much quicker

M160's - gearbox breaking mofo's - buy nothing else but ensure your box is up to it

My own dissapointment - taking them BB site clowns at their word - metal gearbox my feathery ar$e

oh and last weekend was gonna get a grenade kill on my smug little $hit son held up good n proper

poxy dynatex timed bfg had been primed for 6 months+ and failed to detonate - just stuck when thrown

little sod kept owning loads of us with his osh-i-boom - uhm think that was my osh-i-boom if I remember

and it was my one chance to pi$$ on his firework - epic failure (as per usual)

Bloody kids hey duck

Me & my youngest boy went to our local woods for a bit of milk bottle target practice with a Glock & colt

Told him to put 3 shots through the blue lid & the little shit did exactly that :)

"The sights don't work properly on my Glock" so he did exactly the same with the Glock pmsl

clear shot at group of enemies from hard to reach great hiding place.. except a marshal in the line of fire... when he moves my safety is on, when safety is off my battery is out, when secondary is drawn the gas is out, when I swapped mag I'm discovered <.<

...I think my gears stripped later that day as well

First game. Having clear face shot for at least half a minute on a "leetsofter", but he has minimalist goggles and I'm at a few meters distance, and shouting bang he would not know who it was and I'd get lit up by his mates. End up with him eventually spotting me and lit me up with a hot gun.... that sucked

If you can only hit the face, do it and don't apologise or feel bad*. It's an action sport and anyone who played more than one game have made a concious discussion not to protect their face.

*Unless their eyes are unprotected, then making sure they are not fired at and informing the player so it can be corrected is the highest. Even if you have to call a hit or pause the game. Even if you would shoot someone in the eye, don't feel bad about it - it is an action sport, accidents happens and it's not your fault unless you did it deliberately.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.