Stupid player experience

masadanator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

Now we've all come across 'characters' on the field you know the type of people who make me wonder how it is even possible the posses the intellectual capacity to even operate a brush let alone an airsoft gun I'd love to hear all the experiences you guys have had with people of this caliber? 😎

• Supporters

A game i was at fairly recently involved someone playing the role of a "Forward Controller" who would receive some intel as the game progressed and we would lose out substantially if this VIP were to be captured by the enemy. So up jumps this very confident lad, who was attending the day with a small entourage from whom he seemed to expect and receive a fair degree of deference, and insistently volunteers himself. He then proceeded to lead from the front for almost the whole game... :wacko:

TBF he was good at getting even the often recalcitrant rentals forward to where their firepower was useful and hats off to him for that because it frustrates the arse off me trying to do the same, especially since it really hurts me to move quickly, so if ppl hang back despite my attempts to lead by example it's doubly depressing! But still, that's hardly the point. I did manage to get him under some degree of control towards the end, but even then, after accepting my point that the gains we had made would all be for nowt if our team failed to suppress the opposition when he was hit out front, closer to the enemy than to the bulk of our team as was his MO, he still kept sprinting off from the impromptu security detail I'd sicced on him without even the merest word of explanation as to where he was going or to what purpose. In the end I put forward the idea that if he hadn't been prepared to put the team's needs ahead of his preferred play style then he shouldn't have put himself up for the job, but having done so, since we were stuck with him, he was stuck with us, and the guilt seemed to slow him down a fraction :lol:

Guest PT247

I am the idiot here... I had no where to put my 40mm shower grenades except for 2 hidden pistol mag pouches in the inside front on my combat trousers, somehow I managed to set one off straight into my little man and then when removing the second after getting my breath back I managed to do it again.... just glad they weren't filled with CO2 that time! :D

• Supporters

We were laying an ambush in the basement of The Mall, and some guy got bored and turned in his music on out loud...

The other day it was my turn to be that guy.

I moved up to cover with a brave rental player at a cqb site. After working out where the bbs were coming at us from, i made a quick plan, we both step out and put some plastic their way to get their heads down so i can move onto a flank.

As i step out, i put my head about three inches in front of his barrel and was rewarded with a fantastic welt on the back of my jaw.

There was much swearing

In one of my earlier matches I was covering out a window, Lined my red dot up on the advancing enemy and was swearing as a whole clip missed, there was a lot of incoming fire although nobody seemed to be shooting at me................

didnt realise my barrel hadnt cleared the window sill and the incoming fire was my bbs ricocheting everywhere, 2 team mates behind me were pissing themselves :unsure:

i saw something similar, some guy didnt have a mag in his gun. and was wondering why he couldnt hit anyone

• Supporters

Oh, if we're owning up to our own stupidity...

I'll not bore the long standing members rehashing the tales of my worst pyro mishaps, but one which I don't think I've mentioned before - when I first got my Thunder B CO2 nades I did read the destructions, understood why they should be followed, and also realised that there was no need to load the shell before arming it, which would introduce an extra layer of safety. I had also realised that, although filling them with paint powder could well be frowned on at my local site, I could fill them with finely chopped paper/plastic like confetti for additional lols, which I did. But then for some reason beyond my current ken I went ahead and attempted to arm a loaded shell without bothering to use the pin to lock the spring loaded striker down... for a second or so i sat there with it in my lap not quite comprehending what had happened, before throwing it into the far corner of my bedroom - 2 days of ear ringing and i was finding bits of confetti for a couple of weeks :wacko:

didnt have a mag in his gun. and was wondering why he couldnt hit anyone

Was he screaming the obligatory "take yer fookin hits" at the other players?

we had similar at a site two fully grown men squaring up to each other over not taking hit hits, till someone pointed out he had no mag in. Things quickly dispersed amongst a sea of tuts and laughter and "Mr No Mag" went home fairly sharpish. He is often still mentioned at breifings.

lent my BFG to another player. when he moments later walked back dead I asked him if he got a chance to use it. turns out he thought it was an impact grenade and had removed the sprint then held on it XD

Not sure whose fault it was as both of us made incorrect assumptions, but it seemed rather hilarious either way ^^

I was rummaging in my pockets for speed loader and managed to pull the pin on my timed bfg. It went off in my pocket 'killing' myself and all my teammates

Best one yet!! :D

• Supporters

First time i went to under arm throw my Ohshiboom, it should have only been a short throw, 6ft or so ..... insted i completely totally and utterly failed. for some reason i still cannont explane, i just couldnt let it go and ended up throwing it straight up .... ohh the shame

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.