Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Hellfish said:

Needs some tweaking, strapping etc, but here's my light recon loadout.

* 5:11 Flag Bearer Cap

* Viper Titanium Jacket

* Brown Hard Knuckle Gloves

* Viper Spec Ops Chest Rig with Added Dangler Pouch

* Tan Duty Belt with Drop Leg MTP Holster

* Surplus MTP Trousers

* Keen OD Walking Boots

20220412_085917.jpg

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Get that drop leg up! 
Other than that I like your loadout ^_^

What pistol you running ? 

If it's anything other than a mk23, I'd say ditch the the holster for a hard shell item, serpa or knockoff etc etc, those material holsters are super prone to knock the mag release when running, spitting expensive mags all over the place 😢

On 12/04/2022 at 11:05, Skullchewer said:

Get that drop leg up! 
Other than that I like your loadout ^_^

He is using it literally as a drop leg not an up leg 😁

Edited by Davegolf

3 hours ago, Hellfish said:

Needs some tweaking, strapping etc, but here's my light recon loadout.

* 5:11 Flag Bearer Cap

* Viper Titanium Jacket

* Brown Hard Knuckle Gloves

* Viper Spec Ops Chest Rig with Added Dangler Pouch

* Tan Duty Belt with Drop Leg MTP Holster

* Surplus MTP Trousers

* Keen OD Walking Boots

20220412_085917.jpg

You're welcome

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

If it's anything other than a mk23, I'd say ditch the the holster for a hard shell item, serpa or knockoff etc etc, those material holsters are super prone to knock the mag release when running, spitting expensive mags all over the place 😢

Army Armaments R28. 😫 So beyond dropping as much as I paid for the pistol on a custom kydex holster (no holsters readily available for a 1911 fitted with a Surefire XC1), then I might give this a go:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0acHDs

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Hellfish said:

Army Armaments R28. 😫 So beyond dropping as much as I paid for the pistol on a custom kydex holster (no holsters readily available for a 1911 fitted with a Surefire XC1), then I might give this a go:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0acHDs

They're not great, hard to get a good lock, as an alternative consider a begadi prs korth holster, kydex but fitted out to attach to any serpa baseplate/mount, you could try remoulding it around your pistol/light setup ? 

Worth considering for not many pennies

https://www.begadi.com/slings-holster/holster/begadi-hartschalenholster-fuer-ics-korth-prs-schwarz.html?___store=en&___from_store=en

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

They're not great, hard to get a good lock, as an alternative consider a begadi prs korth holster, kydex but fitted out to attach to any serpa baseplate/mount, you could try remoulding it around your pistol/light setup ? 

Worth considering for not many pennies

Cheers Dude .... The other option I was looking at was the Fobus 1911 EMC Holster, which at least is from a known and proven brand so should be better ( in theory)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Hellfish said:

Cheers Dude .... The other option I was looking at was the Fobus 1911 EMC Holster, which at least is from a known and proven brand so should be better ( in theory)

Had one of those too, OK but far from perfect. 

Ooh ooh, have a look @Hellfish

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

This.
I have had a fabric drop leg spit out mags.
I recently switched to kydex retention holsters and OMG so much better.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Hellfish said:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint vs Real Life Loadout 

Not a 100% replication, but as close as I can get within the confines of the in game modding options and without dropping a shit-ton on new gear.

Screenshot_20220413-174944_PicCollage.jpg

Nicely done. It does speak to why you have your holster where you do though, always worth bearing in mind that game designers don't always place things because that's where they should be, so much as it's where it's easiest to put it for animating.

As far as how you site your holster, it's a lot of personal preference but also a lot to do with ergonomics. If it's too far down your leg to draw without having to bend down/over then it's too far down. If it's moving about on your leg then it's too loose. In general drop leg holsters came about because people needed to draw around body armour and dropping the holster down gives you the clearance to do that.

I'd highly recommend the Fobus EMC series (had one for ages for my HK45) but the draw does take a bit of getting used to and it would be nigh on impossible that far down your leg. I'd personally say that either a mid or low ride belt loop (safariland knock offs are easy to find and cheap) with a single leg strap nestled snugly in your crotch will make for a far easier life!

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

Nicely done. 

As far as how you site your holster, it's a lot of personal preference but also a lot to do with ergonomics. If it's too far down your leg to draw without having to bend down/over then it's too far down. If it's moving about on your leg then it's too loose. In general drop leg holsters came about because people needed to draw around body armour and dropping the holster down gives you the clearance to do that.

New belt height retention holster is inbound. The drop leg looked OK, but clearly isn't a practical choice.

41 minutes ago, Hellfish said:

New belt height retention holster is inbound. The drop leg looked OK, but clearly isn't a practical choice.

My first skirmish I went out with a TM desert eagle in a drop leg holster (at the insistence of my airsoft veteran friend that this was the 'best' way) , persevered until lunchtime but the damn thing was incredibly uncomfortable to move around in and ended up leaving a very sore patch on my thigh by the end of the day. All about wearing them on the hip if you can, and if you can't because you're wearing a PC, mount it on that.

Edited by Floperator

Green tick load out for early 2000’s. Old school holster works fine. 😀

5526C5ED-39CA-4BD0-95A7-E2C5482CA953.thumb.jpeg.41688af51d7dc6a0e2f5413e232ba3c4.jpeg

Y-harness, belt and mag pouches are miltec. Okay build quality. Clips a bit meh, mag pouches are way larger than issue easily hold 3 polymer mags maybe usgi 4 metal body ones. Modified with cardboard dividers.

Belt pad is kip mat and para cord. Holster, canteen, ruck & aid pouch are issue. Belt compass is old TAS early molle gen.

07FAE2A6-E054-4B83-8B3C-09AA64BACF40.jpeg

EBC17A66-5394-4B5D-8AB9-280ECBF3E56B.jpeg

Edited by The Waco Kid
Image clarity

59 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

Green tick load out for early 2000’s. Old school holster works fine. 😀

5526C5ED-39CA-4BD0-95A7-E2C5482CA953.thumb.jpeg.41688af51d7dc6a0e2f5413e232ba3c4.jpeg

Y-harness, belt and mag pouches are miltec. Okay build quality. Clips a bit meh, mag pouches are way larger than issue easily hold 3 polymer mags maybe usgi 4 metal body ones. Modified with cardboard dividers.

Belt pad is kip mat and para cord. Holster, canteen, ruck & aid pouch are issue. Belt compass is old TAS early molle gen.

07FAE2A6-E054-4B83-8B3C-09AA64BACF40.jpeg

EBC17A66-5394-4B5D-8AB9-280ECBF3E56B.jpeg

B8D0C941-69CD-488E-8699-EF39DFBBBA41.thumb.jpeg.f6c11744c39e393e3370a606bbf7f573.jpeg

My loadout currently working very well for me. Everything cinched tight, no rattling when creeping down corridors. Switching to pistol is fast and easy. And have been doing a lot of left handed shooting which is facilitated by the excellent ferro slingster.

signal-2022-04-14-06-37-20-522-3.jpg