The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

What is the prospective pewpew?

probably a lightweight pistol so I can run faster

nothing in particular, looking at few but need to be aware of the risks

I just saw this meme again recently & could totally relate to it - that's all

(soz for being an ass & derailing it a bit, but many might relate to it too)

14 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

probably a lightweight pistol so I can run faster

nothing in particular, looking at few but need to be aware of the risks

I just saw this meme again recently & could totally relate to it - that's all

(soz for being an ass & derailing it a bit, but many might relate to it too)

The risks involved with running? 😁

Well happy with the little PPQ i got of late for the smae purpose - just waiting on some brass rod to arrive so i can mod all the gas fill valves to hopefully sort the one problem with it.

On 10/07/2020 at 17:29, Liam1992 said:

What's worse is it isn't a Mk7, it's a Virtus helmet and absolutely definitely shouldn't have been getting flogged on eBay. Even worse for buying it frankly...

Not really, the seller is in the wrong here not the buyer.

I have no interest in the military and wouldn't know the difference between that helmet and a mk1, so if I was in the market and liked the look of it I wouldn't have a problem buying it. 

20 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Oh no a Tm mp7 gbb crept into the house when I wasn't looking. 

I may even prefer it to the GHK AK (I am fickle and prone to falling in out of love with whichever RIF I use depending on how the day/game goes so I'll take both with me in 10 days time and we will see which one comes out on top)

i may have to sell the loser as this hobby has crippled my toy fund this month!!

It's not even going to go to the weekend, the mp7 wins.

the mp7 is not as much fun but it's just so compact.

10 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Not really, the seller is in the wrong here not the buyer.

I have no interest in the military and wouldn't know the difference between that helmet and a mk1, so if I was in the market and liked the look of it I wouldn't have a problem buying it. 

I'd like to think if your buying this kind of item you've got some idea of what it is your putting on your head and where it originates.

Don't get me wrong, the seller is 100% the issue here, but I'd hope that anyone worth their salt spending (I'd expect quite a considerable) amount on a helmet to be aware of it's route to market.

Unfortunately, there are still people rocking awful 6/6A's at formed Units, because there aren't enough of these (amongst other item's) in the system to do so, and it's definitely not helped by someone banging their kit on eBay at the end of their careers.

My FDE Scorpion EVO is finally here and I've just bought a Pakse Sapper Handguard, retractable stock and red dot sight to dress it up.

Viper Special Ops rig

6x Nineball gas route seals for P226 (as they came in packs of 2 and I have 5 mags. Leaves me with a spare, I guess)

Maple Leaf MR Hop rubber 50 degree

Hadron FANG plate

Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 97mm barrel

Nineball DYNA piston head

No prizes for guessing what I'm doing... I've decided to dedicate to my VSR loadout rather than building any others, and a stupidly solid (non mk23) sidearm was very needed. We'll see how it performs on Sunday! Also, genuinely surprised with the Viper rig. I bought it because I needed a tiny bit more load bearing than just my belt, purely for VSR mags and misc items, and I love how low profile it is. Should be able to crawl with it on without it pressing into my stomach/chest

16 minutes ago, DerDer said:

They seems fairly decent from what I have seen of people testing them on YouTube.  Find it curious they don't seem to have a 0.30g offering at the moment. 

If you can hop 0.3s then 0.32s shouldn't be an issue.

I mean if I made BBs I'd go up in 0.06 steps, any less than that is marginal

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If you can hop 0.3s then 0.32s shouldn't be an issue.

I mean if I made BBs I'd go up in 0.06 steps, any less than that is marginal

agreed, you can notice it between .28's and .32's but only if you're really looking for it.

although quality is king, i'd take good .28's over bad .32's any day of the week.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

agreed, you can notice it between .28's and .32's but only if you're really looking for it.

although quality is king, i'd take good .28's over bad .32's any day of the week.

Makes sense. Any particular brands you prefer?

Have tried G&G and Devil blaster fairly successfully.  Had some feeding issues with Geoffs. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, DerDer said:

Makes sense. Any particular brands you prefer?

Have tried G&G and Devil blaster fairly successfully.  Had some feeding issues with Geoffs. 

Surprised you've had issues with geoffs, they're very much my go-to brand and feed in guns that i know are very fussy.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Surprised you've had issues with geoffs, they're very much my go-to brand and feed in guns that i know are very fussy.

It was with a RPK, so quite finicky with the long barrel. That was also the precision line rather than the super precision one.

Might give them another try. Thanks. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, DerDer said:

It was with a RPK, so quite finicky with the long barrel. That was also the precision line rather than the super precision one.

Might give them another try. Thanks. 

Theres not too much between the precision/super precisions for feeding as far as i can tell.

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Never had an issue with Super Precision Geoff's.

TBH we should all be using BIOs

Always heard the horror stories, but in giving tracers a go went with geoffs super naturals and they look/feel pretty nice, will have to see how they shoot.

Set of German Tropentarn Desert BDU in L.

6 x G36 Mag Single pouches Tan. 

6 x G36 Mag Single Pouches Woodland. 

4 x Cyma SVD Midcaps

1 X Cyma P90 Gearbox Shell

1 X LCT AK Hop unit

1 x Guarder Clear

1 x G&G Green

1 x ML 60 degree

1 x ICS L85 Hop unit

4 x SHS fill valves for moscarts. 

1 x 450mm Zci Barrel for RS T97

1 x RS T97 Hop unit

1 x RS T97 gearbox screw kit. 

On 16/07/2020 at 19:59, Monkman said:

Looking forward to seeing what these can do on Sunday....  :)

received_886820865139500.jpeg

I've just paid £1 for 2 x sample bags of these (0.28g & 0.32)!

LbmyQ9W.jpg

Haven't done a chrono test yet but I put the neo-r in my extended mag, I got about 35-45 shots fired with the valve fully open, and 55-65 with it turned to 1/3rd open.