The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

14 minutes ago, Caj109 said:

My first gun finally came! I know its two tone but it works out the same if i rented. Cost wise.

Specna Arms SA-E03

2 x 7.4 Lipos

NUPROL Case

All ready for Saturday just got to test fire it later!

Remember to clean the barrel first

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Forward your PayPal details plus the matching email account and I’ll ‘look after’ it for you

Pls help 😢

Just ordered a FRV 1" inner belt too

39 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Remember to clean the barrel first

Thanks mate for the reminder!

Not had a chance to have a proper look yet as busy but will get round to it later!

2 hours ago, Caj109 said:

Thanks mate for the reminder!

Not had a chance to have a proper look yet as busy but will get round to it later!

Yup, I couldn’t believe it .

When my G3 arrived and I swabbed out the barrel , it took 5 swabs through to stop them coming out filthy 

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Yup, I couldn’t believe it .

When my G3 arrived and I swabbed out the barrel , it took 5 swabs through to stop them coming out filthy 

What did you use to swab it out?

Cheers

Found silver safety levers for my TM Samurai Edge custom machined by Robin Hood (small JP shop): https://sanko-webshop.jp/shopdetail/000000004559

Unfortunately the levers are chrome metallic - I was hoping they would match the rest of the silver metal parts like trigger, latches, etc - is there something I can do to them to take the 'gloss' off the paint? or is it possible beneath the chrome is just black metal or something?

https://imgur.com/a/B4Fgb74

NRaP7tn.jpg

NIZToCM.jpg

xVRahmQ.jpg

02ZonZ3.jpg

(I'm colour-filling in the text on the slide hence the mess there right now. not a fair comparison but this is what the stock black levers look like:)

https://imgur.com/a/JDiPOvd

oAUQeHV.jpg

46Tkk84.jpg

bDzYi1G.jpg

I've got my own opinions but what do you guys think, silver or black safety levers? If I decide to stick with the silver ones I'll have to find a way to de-chrome them because unlike the pics on the website they don't match the rest of the silver metal and kinda looks a bit off up close.

conversion kit and parts for my gbb g36 arrived. Here is a before and after. Still cheaper than buying a we one by £100. Unfortunately it turned out Id bought my german army scope from a scammer. got my money back but ive had to paint up the old blue top rail for now. still keeping my eye out for one .

Before 

DSCF4985.JPG.1441ebcab6b68eb17b99327703b4690d.thumb.jpg.f5acd14f725e010b020fb571aae6ec34.jpg

After

IMG_5336.thumb.JPG.ad9aed955231f88b9b3fcd79b82739ba.JPG

Also got a pso for my svu! Its a heavy uncomfortable p o s but I still love it 

IMG_5337.thumb.JPG.b1f39e552266d2178567715685c996b6.JPG

IMG_5338.thumb.JPG.62d57f780e879868ea29ce0817926856.JPG

• Supporters

The pso is a pretty bad optic by modern standards, but man they look so awesome and steampunk.

I did see someone selling contemporary russian nv scopes and man i wish i had the cash spare.....

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The pso is a pretty bad optic by modern standards, but man they look so awesome and steampunk.

I did see someone selling contemporary russian nv scopes and man i wish i had the cash spare.....

The eye relief on it is awful. Its more than good enough for airsoft though and looks the part. Definately gonna be putting some protective perspex caps on it though. dont want to risk it getting shot through. 

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

The eye relief on it is awful. Its more than good enough for airsoft though and looks the part. Definately gonna be putting some protective perspex caps on it though. dont want to risk it getting shot through. 

Yeah, the reticle is pretty fine/hard to pick up too (although granted i do like the principle of its operation)

Man i need a gun to run the pk-a on....

Been on another spending spree the last couple of weeks...  

Bought some patches..  including a Ghost in the Shell section 9 patch to go with the mateba revolver i bought last week.

20200806_144302.thumb.jpg.6f6c3c1c309e391972b21f069253ddc8.jpg

also bought some spare mags for my SMC9 from an airsoft shop in germany  the only place i found them in stock...20200806_144229.thumb.jpg.e1d798c8d10703fd1c3e59c6649f512e.jpg

Also bought a pack of 5 mid cap mags for my M4 and a nuprol speedloader in preparation for attending milsims next year..

20200806_144319.thumb.jpg.f65b66abd63378d629be6b9fa2a07a51.jpg

And a replacement battery charger (imax B6 AC v2) and an adapter to change the charge lead from deans to mini tamiya20200806_144349.thumb.jpg.8fe9077167bc7274130527de36cb6ed7.jpg

And finally an ICS electric winding hi cap drum and remote lead from user @Jammanic (for general skirmishing and a possible future m4 based MG build).... 

20200806_144339.thumb.jpg.a7828c30ef8145aa26dd96487f96c3af.jpg

Oh..  and im also bidding on another Marushin Mateba in japan....   this one is a limited edition 8mm calibre version in Ghost in the Shell packaging (and will be kept purely as a wall hanger if i win it)..  as opposed to the 6mm general skirmish variant i purchased from italy last week, and may use on occasion if i find a suitable holster for it...

mateba01.jpg.98501ef84d95df04a86226823497eb67.jpg

And now if you will excuse me.... i need to lock my wallet away where i cant spend anymore money...

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

The eye relief on it is awful

It seems to be a recurring theme when talking about airsoft optics lol..

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

It seems to be a recurring theme when talking about airsoft optics lol..

tbh i have a suspicion it's as much a factor of late 50's soviet optics tech not being all that great.

33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbh i have a suspicion it's as much a factor of late 50's soviet optics tech not being all that great.

If it's an ACM style PSO clone (which I think from the flat black colouring it is) I'd hazard a guess it's because it's an airsoft copy. PSO/POSPs usually have a good 70-80mm worth of eye relief which is only a bit less on paper than some Leupolds at a couple of grand which show about 90mm 😄 This is only through google-fu though - in more real world my visionking shortdot and nikko stirling mountmaster both share around the same at 85ish mm and those are plenty.

On a more thread related note I've got a 5KU RK-0 grip on it's way from Chinaland as an alternative to the RK-6 copy I've had for a few years now.
image.png.d1ebb8e0a938e0524542dfc2125e2072.png

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

if it's an ACM style PSO clone (which I think from the flat black colouring it is) I'd hazard a guess it's because it's an airsoft copy. PSO/POSPs usually have a good 70-80mm worth of eye relief which is only a bit less on paper than some Leupolds at a couple of grand which show about 90mm 😄 This is only through google-fu though - in more real world my visionking shortdot and nikko stirling mountmaster both share around the same at 85ish mm and those are plenty.

i'm kind of going off my secondhand Real sword pso, the actual length of the eye releif isn't so much the problem (it's funnily enough right at the end of the eye cup) it's the way it kind of blots out your entire world.

i've tried it without the eye cup and that makes the reticle harder to pick up. it's the kind of thing would probably be just fine if you were picking people off at 500m but not so much for essentially snap shooting at sub 50m.

i suppose in fairness i'm not a big one for running magnification anyway, i'd even run my pk-a in preference for airsoft ranges but i'm kind of scared that a gbb would shake it apart (my clone pka is beautiful externally but bargain basement red dot on the inside)

44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm kind of going off my secondhand Real sword pso, the actual length of the eye releif isn't so much the problem (it's funnily enough right at the end of the eye cup) it's the way it kind of blots out your entire world.

i've tried it without the eye cup and that makes the reticle harder to pick up. it's the kind of thing would probably be just fine if you were picking people off at 500m but not so much for essentially snap shooting at sub 50m.

i suppose in fairness i'm not a big one for running magnification anyway, i'd even run my pk-a in preference for airsoft ranges but i'm kind of scared that a gbb would shake it apart (my clone pka is beautiful externally but bargain basement red dot on the inside)

Ahh that's fair. I've got no first hand experience with them, might grab a spina/vector optics copy further down the line but too many plans on the go for that 😄

Zoom isn't really too relevant in airsoft, certainly another diminishing return, but I personally find it handy for spotting and placing sniper/dmr shots through bits of cover some distance away.

Dependant on what PK-A copy you've got it'd probably stand the test - I've got a grubby cheap clone I got second hand in a bundle with my GHK and fielded a few times, seemed to take it fine really.

4 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Oh..  and im also bidding on another Marushin Mateba in japan....   this one is a limited edition 8mm calibre version in Ghost in the Shell packaging (and will be kept purely as a wall hanger if i win it)..  as opposed to the 6mm general skirmish variant i purchased from italy last week, and may use on occasion if i find a suitable holster for it...

I don't suppose you could share your proxy bidding service could you?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

Ahh that's fair. I've got no first hand experience with them, might grab a spina/vector optics copy further down the line but too many plans on the go for that 😄

Zoom isn't really too relevant in airsoft, certainly another diminishing return, but I personally find it handy for spotting and placing sniper/dmr shots through bits of cover some distance away.

Dependant on what PK-A copy you've got it'd probably stand the test - I've got a grubby cheap clone I got second hand in a bundle with my GHK and fielded a few times, seemed to take it fine really.

yeah, zoom is handy for tracking shots in case you're not confident in the honesty of the target but it's definately overkill for actually getting the hits, but there's no other optic you can run on a dragonuv :P

the pk-a i'm not sure, twas a china special job although it does have the proper (by which i mean just some hammerite slapped onto it) finish unlike the nuprol ones i've seen popping up recently.

but given i can see the plastic ring inside it and the spring/adjuster setup (exactly like the really cheap red dots) i'm not so sure, looks cool as hell though.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, zoom is handy for tracking shots in case you're not confident in the honesty of the target but it's definately overkill for actually getting the hits, but there's no other optic you can run on a dragonuv :P

the pk-a i'm not sure, twas a china special job although it does have the proper (by which i mean just some hammerite slapped onto it) finish unlike the nuprol ones i've seen popping up recently.

but given i can see the plastic ring inside it and the spring/adjuster setup (exactly like the really cheap red dots) i'm not so sure, looks cool as hell though.

I bought this literally because I saw it was cheap and thought it would look cool on the gun XD. I also intend to get a dragunov with the wood stock sooner or later

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't that the only reason we buy anything for airsoft :P

Indeed. tis why I have 9 different guns which take proprietary mags and are internally stock XD because they look cool

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

Indeed. tis why I have 9 different guns which take proprietary mags and are internally stock XD because they look cool

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't that the only reason we buy anything for airsoft :P

'tis the curse of the hobby, the old 'oh that looks cool' and within two clicks your bank account has had virtual numbers removed and you're waiting for a new toy to show up 😄