The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Moderators
On 25/03/2019 at 02:33, Seven said:

Just bought a throat mic.

An ALAN Heavy duty throat mic.

Appears to be a faithful reproduction of the Code Red systems at a much more agreeable (at this time) price.

1366449840_images(2).jpeg.177e487439af4f2a0bdbc4549e035278.jpeg

let me know how you get on, im still using the basic ear piece that comes with the bao's and yet to use the small ear buds i got months ago!!.....lack of games!....but was looking a these before

29 minutes ago, djben9 said:

let me know how you get on, im still using the basic ear piece that comes with the bao's and yet to use the small ear buds i got months ago!!.....lack of games!....but was looking a these before

Will do. I answered your message too.

My UKARA came through and i dropped into SurplusStore and got my first RIF

-G&G GC16 Predator https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/g-g-gc16-predator-hunter-green.html

-Midcap Mag https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/bb-guns/bb-gun-accessories/airsoft-magazines/electric-gun-magazines/electric-rifle-magazines/nuprol-m4-mid-cap-mag-30-140rd.html

- Two x 9.6v 1600mah NIMH  https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/nuprol-9-6-1600-mah-nunchuck-crane-stock-type.html

(I asked about the previous MOSFET/ETU issues and they said these are now resolved but i also asked about 11.1v LiPo and they said they they would tear up the internals and voids the 3 month warranty so as long as it works happy to stick with the 9.6v NiMh for now) 

-Charger https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/bulldog-nimh-battery-charger.html

Also got off Amazon 

-Beileshi 551 Holographic Sight https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXAI68A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far very happy with it. Tried a few test shots and trigger response is great. Im not very trigger happy using single fire most the time so see me switching to the triple shot over the full auto.

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

Well fuck me sideways! Delivery was rapid! It literally just arrived... Before the fuckin radio!

Well shit! It looks the business, metal PTT with pinned connectors and locking collars and pretty solid overall construction.

The part that goes round the throat is 'tight'... Wasn't expecting it to be quite so tight but it's ok and I'm guessing aids transmission of vibrations to the mic. Might not be great for a 'larger fellow' though.

Ear piece is well moulded and fits nicely without muffling too much ambient noise/local conversation. Comfortable.

I'll update when I try it out with an actual radio.

If I was to give a verdict pre function test... Easily worth the price.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, wire2k said:

My UKARA came through and i dropped into SurplusStore and got my first RIF

-G&G GC16 Predator https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/g-g-gc16-predator-hunter-green.html

Gets UKARA, buys a green gun.  Now that's Quixotic...

37 minutes ago, wire2k said:

- Two x 9.6v 1600mah NIMH  https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/nuprol-9-6-1600-mah-nunchuck-crane-stock-type.html

(I asked about the previous MOSFET/ETU issues and they said these are now resolved but i also asked about 11.1v LiPo and they said they they would tear up the internals and voids the 3 month warranty so as long as it works happy to stick with the 9.6v NiMh for now) 

... but that tops it.

That's like buying a Ferrari then running it on 95 RON petrol.  Sure, the NiMhs will work, but it's bizarre to suggest that it was designed for them.  If not an 11.1V LiPo, how about a 9.9V LiFe?

You might want to see what G&G have to say about it:

https://www.facebook.com/ggarmament/

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Gets UKARA, buys a green gun.  Now that's Quixotic...

Do like the green. May look into a snake skin camo pattern for it in future and call it Plisken

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's like buying a Ferrari then running it on 95 RON petrol.  Sure, the NiMhs will work, but it's bizarre to suggest that it was designed for them.  If not an 11.1V LiPo, how about a 9.9V LiFe?

You might want to see what G&G have to say about it:

https://www.facebook.com/ggarmament/

As long as it works im happy to stick to the 9.6v for now for the warranty and switch to 11.1v LiPo in three months

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Systema motor brushes

Systema mag latch spring

PTS PTW EPM mags x2

Kumi 490 Motor (spare just because)

Adventuretech DCU/M81 reversible (turned up as expected and in great condition)

A few magpul accessories

Eagle6 m110 spring

Where did you source it from bud?

Bought it from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Wendy-EPIC-Combat-Liner-System-Foliage-Green/173745476209?hash=item2874099271:m:m6n7HhNUyoyOPoUrOu9My1w

Comes in different sizes, measure your head circumference above your eyebrows and look on team Wendy website for size chart.

9 hours ago, P13 said:

This is a great idea, do you have a link you the lexan too 😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-POLYCARBONATE-SHEET-LEXAN-MAKROLON-PALSUN-U-V-protected-High-Impact/273037564426?hash=item3f924e9a0a:m:m1hrF8Nm7z6dgWj60KBrx_g

Here you go mate, 2mm thickness. Shot it with 500fps upclose and only slight mark. Just use a box cutter, score it afew times and then snap it. You will need to clean some edges with a file but it works like a dream, if one lens gets scratched just make another!

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, wire2k said:

As long as it works im happy to stick to the 9.6v for now for the warranty and switch to 11.1v LiPo in three months

Literally just buy 7.4v LiPos, they're what everyone and their dog uses and has been using for yeeeeears.  How those did not come up in conversation at the store I seriously seriously cannot get my head around, smacks of a shop palming off undesirable stock frankly.  7.4s (very roughly speaking) have the same sort of overall output as 9.6 NiMh, except they're far smaller, far lighter, can be charged far quicker, have a far more consistent power output over the duration of the stored charge and don't need anything like the maintenance in terms of long discharge cycles for storage.

If you can't return what you've bought then fair enough it is what it is, but speaking generally to all readers here, buying NiMh now is like buying DVDs.. maybe VHS tapes.

3 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Literally just buy 7.4v LiPos, they're what everyone and their dog uses and has been using for yeeeeears.  How those did not come up in conversation at the store I seriously seriously cannot get my head around, smacks of a shop palming off undesirable stock frankly.  7.4s (very roughly speaking) have the same sort of overall output as 9.6 NiMh, except they're far smaller, far lighter, can be charged far quicker, have a far more consistent power output over the duration of the stored charge and don't need anything like the maintenance in terms of long discharge cycles for storage.

If you can't return what you've bought then fair enough it is what it is, but speaking generally to all readers here, buying NiMh now is like buying DVDs.. maybe VHS tapes.

NiMhs are preferred for entry level people because they don't need to spend the earth on a smart charger and learn how to use it. Plug and play so to speak. I agree with you it's crazy people still buy them but because it's not something visual someone can see on your gun like an ACOG or tracer unit they just want something to plug in and make it pew and forget about. Considering you are £35 quid for a smart charger that is often 1/4 the cost of peoples entry level guns + they need to learn how to use it which is definitely daunting for someone new. 

• Supporters

Sorry chargers are not a valid reason, I've been using one of these since switching to lipos 7 or so years ago and it's worked perfectly:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/800ma-charger-for-2s-or-3s-7-4-11-1v-battery-packs-complete-with-mains-power-supply.html

Might not have a digital display but it charges, balances at the same time, cannot over-charge etc etc - cheap, reliable, zero learning required just straight plug and play and fool proof.

7 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Sorry chargers are not a valid reason, I've been using one of these since switching to lipos 7 or so years ago and it's worked perfectly:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/800ma-charger-for-2s-or-3s-7-4-11-1v-battery-packs-complete-with-mains-power-supply.html

Might not have a digital display but it charges, balances at the same time, cannot over-charge etc etc - cheap, reliable, zero learning required just straight plug and play and fool proof.

Wonder why all the advice I see on the internet pushes the beefy chargers used for RC equipment. 

Finally got round to buying an Odin speedloader and AK mag adaptor for it off ebay.  Brilliant bit of kit, highly recommended.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Wonder why all the advice I see on the internet pushes the beefy chargers used for RC equipment. 

because the cheapo airsoft ones have a nasty habit of killing batteries, at least the 3-LED types do.

i at least still have all my charging kit from when i used to be into RC so not a problem for me.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Finally got round to buying an Odin speedloader and AK mag adaptor for it off ebay.  Brilliant bit of kit, highly recommended.

welcome to the life brother, excellent bit of kit, i'd honestly rather lose the polarstar than that loader.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Left overs of the rampant unwarranted paranoia that was abound when LiPos started becoming the norm?  I don't know for sure but it seems like dud advice to me.  NiCd and NiMh are entirely capable of going wrong the same way LiPos can and we all have LiPos in our phones that we have in our pockets/hands all day and charge every day using extremely basic chargers (though the phone probably has some features built in in terms of charge cut off), not to mention tablets and wireless headphones and a million other modern gadgets.

End of the day there is a definite difference between the really bargain-basement chinese junk stuff you get 'free' with some super cheap guns and what I linked to.  I've been using that thing for maaany years with a dozen+ batteries and had no issues at all, quite the opposite it's been far less hassle than when I used NiMh.  Granted that's one anecdotal example, but I know plenty of other people with the same charger who've also used it for a long time with no complaints at all.  Doesn't mean it's not good to invest £40 or so in a better charger down the line but you can easily get in to the game with something affordable.

My G&P M249 said to use it on Nimh and DO NOT USE OVER 7.4v

It was rubbish, really dissapointing. It's weird, boxmag is wired to Large tamiya on a battery and the boxmag is wired to deans into the RIF.

Chopped off the large Tamiya, soldered on a Deans, chucked on a 4000Mah LiPo 7.4v and it's in GOD MODE now.

Huge improvement.

I'd of done it straight away but as it recommended the Nimh I tried as told. Utter twaddle. Go LiPo....

• Supporters

To go with the Gotham PD patches I picked up a few wks ago , from the states bloody expensive in the end but worth it !👍

6A630C09-E3E2-4AB7-94F1-E398FA1B9F9C.jpeg

4 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I too thought Lipos were over complicated and was worried about the charging. Made the leap with this charger in 2015 and not looked back since and feel a Berk for not doing it years earlier. This charger is literally plug in and play. The only thing I worry about with Lipos now is overusing them, so I swap out and replace, usually at lunchtime.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Literally just buy 7.4v LiPos

Sadly not with those G&G ETU / MOSFET guns.  They'll cut off at ~9V or so to protect the battery.  But that's where you'd want to cut off to protect an 11.1V lipo (3 x 3V per cell).

• Supporters

Well that's retarded.  As in they cut off when there's less than 9v supply going in?  Pretty weird with the number of 7.4s out there, I'd have thought a decent mosfet would know what's plugged in to  it.

8 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Well that's retarded.  As in they cut off when there's less than 9v supply going in?  Pretty weird with the number of 7.4s out there, I'd have thought a decent mosfet would know what's plugged in to  it.

They’re meant to use 11.1

• Supporters
12 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not originally,  G&G changed it that after they realised they had fucked up. 

Thus the suggestion to ask G&G on Facebook what they think it's meant to run on.  There's no way that a retailer in $CURRENT_YEAR should be recommending NiMh batteries.  That'd be like dealers putting cross-ply tyres on cars to try and fix a handling problem.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Thus the suggestion to ask G&G on Facebook what they think it's meant to run on.  There's no way that a retailer in $CURRENT_YEAR should be recommending NiMh batteries.  That'd be like dealers putting cross-ply tyres on cars to try and fix a handling problem.

Agreed no one should be using nimh anymore.

Lots of the airsoft community are stuck in yesteryear though unfortunately.

13 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not originally,  G&G changed it that after they realised they had fucked up. 

Would be better if it ran on 7.4v or 9.9 life as less prone to failure but not a huge issue.

Yea they’ve had a bit of a Weston with that. Just seems odd though as I bought almost exactly the same gun from the same shop about 10 months ago and was told 11.1 only 🤷🏻‍♂️