The Zuckerpurge Has Begun

Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

when the question of selling etc comes up I'll always holler AFUK 

Mostly for the Mack's ammo and giggles, well and the genuine bargains to be found. 

And then you see a post like this and a video of this chap shooting his RIF out of a balcony to show Facebook an issue with his RIF not firing as expected. Speechless is an understatement!!’ No wonder Facebook acts like it does sometimes. Thank goodness his not in the UK. 

737810BE-DA4E-446B-AAA4-9E7F6CC09745.png

• Supporters

Social Media like FaceBook etc... have purged so much stuff

that they have ran out of things to complain about

So much so, with each stage of purging they have less & less to be fully triggered about,

so they have only the very very very slightly off-subject thinkers outside of the box left

Suffice to say, just starting to question the FB belief or narrative has resulted in restrictions

so much so it is just one big echo chamber & even then the people within that chamber

are starting to question at times, where has those hateful opposition users gone ???

(not hateful at all, just with a different opinion to some others that you perceive as hate

when in reality, the real vitriol is coming from their side towards others in fact)

617459430_echochamber.jpg.9f09aeeda5b7468ae480b45258b15d30.jpg

Nowadays - you don't even get the rows as the echo chamber grew & grew from the purges

No longer on FB for nearly 2 years, as they demanded I upload photo, more info, drivers license

to prove my identity - FUCK OFF, so I get dox by nutters, my info sold/hacked - yeah bollox

miss checking in on some friends & certain pages like AK2M4, but fuck FaceBook etc...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

chap shooting his RIF out of a balcony to show Facebook an issue with his RIF not firing as expected.

Absolute fucking moron, that's the kind of shit that makes me think "maybe ukara aint so bad if it keeps these idiots away"

47 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

No longer on FB for nearly 2 years, as they demanded I upload photo, more info, drivers license

What scares me is thinking how many people probably just did it.

The problem with Airsoft Facebook groups is that they get swamped with "show us your M4 pictures" "is Taiwangun any good" and the perennial classic of asking for opinions on guns after they have bought them instead of before, or how to upgrade them when they have never even skirmished them.

I would however miss the pictures of loadouts in slippers because mum doesn't allow boots in the house, and the bad selfies in the bathroom mirror with pants drying on the radiator in the background.

Although one incident that really made me laugh was when some kid claimed to be a trained combat medic. It very quickly became clear he was actually a cadet who was in the process of joining the TA, so someone e mailed screen shots of his walting to the OC of that unit

48 minutes ago, John_W said:

The problem with Airsoft Facebook groups is that they get swamped with "show us your M4 pictures" "is Taiwangun any good" and the perennial classic of asking for opinions on guns after they have bought them instead of before, or how to upgrade them when they have never even skirmished them.

I would however miss the pictures of loadouts in slippers because mum doesn't allow boots in the house, and the bad selfies in the bathroom mirror with pants drying on the radiator in the background.

There’s nothing like a whopping hairy toe in a picture.

I can't remember who it was but somebody on here posted up about how much he hated seeing feet in photographs.

I guess one mans' fetish is another mans' poison. Lol

👍👟👟

Regards 

59 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Although one incident that really made me laugh was when some kid claimed to be a trained combat medic. It very quickly became clear he was actually a cadet who was in the process of joining the TA, so someone e mailed screen shots of his walting to the OC of that unit

Reminds me of the Incident many years ago when someone posted some photos from Arnies on the "Search for a Walt Star" thread on ARRSE, and the subjects of the photos went on and tried to argue with the soldiers.

9 hours ago, Venomous said:

That was that nobba Havoc man wasn't it John? Didn't they tear him a new one.

Indeed it was. Got to hand it to him, it takes skill and perseverance to get banned by every single airsoft forum. I believe he started his own as a result and it all went a bit L Ron Hubbard..

• Supporters

Lol, I got banned by one, merely because I objected to some ridiculous comments, some of which potentially put Airsoft at risk legally, the response was to verbally attack me en masses, one guy even said I was a dolphin rapist FFS, bang, next thing I'm banned before I could respond.

To say they're retarded would be an understatement 🤬

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I got banned by one, merely because I objected to some ridiculous comments, some of which potentially put Airsoft at risk legally, the response was to verbally attack me en masses, one guy even said I was a dolphin rapist FFS, bang, next thing I'm banned before I could respond.

To say they're retarded would be an understatement 🤬

This is what pisses me off, they ban you and there’s seemingly no fact finding or any kind of attempt to figure out what’s gone on, poxy algorithms I guess!

Thankgod it's gone.... I left the group as the most common post was about "best antifog goggles/glasses"... I first started to reply with some wisdom..but when you keep seeing new posts about the same thing and people can't be bothered to check previous posts...Ugh.

Such good news....Occasionally you'd come across a useful bit of information but it's search functionality always felt like it was an after-thought.  It's not a platform geared towards information storage.  As for the sponsored and suggested posts every 2 normal post, no thank you... 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Dogsbody100 said:

This is what pisses me off, they ban you and there’s seemingly no fact finding or any kind of attempt to figure out what’s gone on, poxy algorithms I guess!

No I think this was actually the page admin, seemingly as the idiots far outnumbered me, much easier to get rid of me than educate the majority of cockwombles on the page lol.

To be fair, shortly afterwards I took myself off of a few more pages, every other bs post was triggering me 🤬

10 hours ago, John_W said:

Indeed it was. Got to hand it to him, it takes skill and perseverance to get banned by every single airsoft forum. I believe he started his own as a result and it all went a bit L Ron Hubbard..

Didn't we both get banned from Arnies for stating the bleeding obvious on one occasion? Which is ironic as it was a fellow DolphiN who set it up in the first place.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I got banned from UKAC for making a joke about a guys Nazi SS loadout.

Apparently saying it was:

"The final solution to hit taking" was enough for an instant ban lol

'The final solution' is a term which we do not use in my line of work. In fact it's an unwritten rule not to say that... 

51 minutes ago, Venomous said:

Didn't we both get banned from Arnies for stating the bleeding obvious on one occasion? Which is ironic as it was a fellow DolphiN who set it up in the first place.

Yes. I read the Labour Party 2005 election Manifesto and found a minor piece of legislation buried in it about restricting the sale of replica guns to under 18s. I posted a link to it and got banned for Trolling.

Facebook groups are easier for speshul people to find though.

Although groups like SniperWorks or the MK23/Striker/Specna(to an extent) ones are good, a bit repetitive in questions asked but that happens in here as well (wat am bset gnu type threads).

Forums all day, posts are more thought out and the moderation is much more manageable. Plus they have an additional method to filter idiots: registration.

You have no idea how many people are being put off by a simple "insert email and create password" page.

I have to say, FB is the main reason the major Italian forum died. Apart from the extra registration step, the answers given were more sensible than the ones I kept reading on the various groups/pages.

I guess kids didn't like that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.