Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Now that wasn't so difficult was it? 

Edit: the lack of trademarks and the muzzle is an obvious sign it's not a G&P

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Moderator Comment

I have removed the DMR advert based on the information above.  However, no one had bothered reporting the advert as suspiscious or an issue.

I have invited @Louisdto respond in Mack's

tbf, i didn't think it was breaking any particular forum rules/suspicious. just a high asking price which isn't really an issue (beyond getting a roasting in this thread).

3 hours ago, Louisd said:

Firstly, yes it was purchased from you for £220 @strykerles and so what? wether I paid £2 or £200 whatever I decide to list an item for is my choice and no one else's no one is forced to purchase it.

this is absolutely true, you're perfectly entitled to ask whatever price you like, however the purpose of this thread is to give prospective buyers a fair picture of what they're potentially buying. it's a novel approach compared to other forums but it seems to work out.

Secondly, What does the scope have to do with all this @Adolf Hamster

the relevance of the scope is that it's the only thing that appeared to be added to the bundle (insofar as it appeared in the pictures, insinuating it's inclusion). an expensive optic would of course add value to the overall package and hence turn a high asking price into a perfectly reasonable asking price.

and more-so wether I purchased it from @strykerles and it is the same RIF or not why does it matter I'm confused @Druid799???

identifying it as the same rif is important to rule out that you hadn't, for example, purchased the gun from strykerles and were now selling a completely different, albeit superficially similar gun.

basically that we weren't doing this:

Thirdly, I thought that it was a G&P GR25 PTS limited edition as when looking at the A&K model it didn't look like it, thanks to @Speedbird_666 help I can now see it is an A&K and will be relisted as an A&K

and mistaking you selling a g&p limited edition gun that merely resembled the a&k you'd bought from strykerles which would change our opinions on the asking price.

the scope wasn't part of the bundle I listed or otherwise it would have been specified in the description (yes maybe I could have uploaded a picture without the scope...) 

as above, the scope being pictured in the advert insinuated it's inclusion in the bundle. often when people are selling guns sans-optics they either remove the optic to take pictures or specify in the advert "optic not included".

Lastly instead of bashing someone actually try and help as it was an honest mistake and not a "fraudulent and dishonest" ad like described by admins or some... So: 

-@Cannonfodder "if hes only herto rip poeople off then fuck him"

- @Tackle "would he be daft enough to think he'd get away with doing it on the same forum only a few weeks later ?"

- @Skullchewer "Presumably he saw he was tagged in this thread. Take your rip off behavior elsewhere, @Louisd

He needs a ban, IP ban preferably. "

- @EvilMonkee "Stop being so reasonable we want a lynching!!"

YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARENT NEEDED AND WAIT FOR A REPLY NEXT TIME!!!!

i wouldn't worry so much about it, we generally avoid political talk on here so folk gotta get their drama from somewhere :P

Hopefully this clears the air for all of you!

It will be re listed and priced accordingly!

Thank you.

good man, hopefully you can find a buyer a bit easier now :)

• Supporters

I’m sorry @Louisd but EVERY excuse/reply/answer give to the justifiable questions you’ve been asked about the gun are quite farcical to say the least , apart from the fact it’s an SR ‘type’ gun there’s nothing about it that says it’s the G&P model , for starters there’s no trad’s on it of any sort ! Yet the gun in the airsoft tiger add you’ve used as justification for the claim is positively festooned with licensed logo’s FFS😳

plus when you come down too it even just in photos you can tell the difference in quality of materials used between a cheap’n’cheerful Chinese knock off and a quality piece like a G&P let alone when it’s in your hand ? PLUS if you do want to go down the “oh it was a simple mistake” excuse route then I’m sorry but with your claimed extensive sales history we would expect you of all people to be able to tell the difference between the two levels of quality when the gun was in your hands ?  

20 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Well, at least he had the testicles to actually come onto the thread and try to defend himself. 

More than what can be said for the likes of Andrey and Avenger63 in the past. 

Testicles ? Or pig thick skin ? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Either way, surely the points you've raised have been labored enough already? 

He got caught out through this thread, Mods stepped in to remove the Ad, tried to justify his actions on here (which, again, is more than many have done in the past), met with a healthy dose of (justified) skepticism, pledged to mend his ways.

Macks is a beautiful thing - it has eyes and ears everywhere. If he tries it again - we will find out. 

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

@Louisd😳

6 of one, half a dozen of the other 😉

50+ plus rif sales, feedback of one lol. 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf, i didn't think it was breaking any particular forum rules/suspicious. just a high asking price which isn't really an issue (beyond getting a roasting in this thread).

this is absolutely true, you're perfectly entitled to ask whatever price you like, however the purpose of this thread is to give prospective buyers a fair picture of what they're potentially buying. it's a novel approach compared to other forums but it seems to work out.

the relevance of the scope is that it's the only thing that appeared to be added to the bundle (insofar as it appeared in the pictures, insinuating it's inclusion). an expensive optic would of course add value to the overall package and hence turn a high asking price into a perfectly reasonable asking price.

identifying it as the same rif is important to rule out that you hadn't, for example, purchased the gun from strykerles and were now selling a completely different, albeit superficially similar gun.

basically that we weren't doing this:

and mistaking you selling a g&p limited edition gun that merely resembled the a&k you'd bought from strykerles which would change our opinions on the asking price.

as above, the scope being pictured in the advert insinuated it's inclusion in the bundle. often when people are selling guns sans-optics they either remove the optic to take pictures or specify in the advert "optic not included".

i wouldn't worry so much about it, we generally avoid political talk on here so folk gotta get their drama from somewhere :P

good man, hopefully you can find a buyer a bit easier now :)

Thank you for your constructive response, have a nice day :)! 

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

6 of one, half a dozen of the other 😉

50+ plus rif sales, feedback of one lol. 

I love how you purposely pick out the part where I mention on this and other platforms.... this isn't the only second hand Airsoft platform. "lol"

46 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’m sorry @Louisd but EVERY excuse/reply/answer give to the justifiable questions you’ve been asked about the gun are quite farcical to say the least , apart from the fact it’s an SR ‘type’ gun there’s nothing about it that says it’s the G&P model , for starters there’s no trad’s on it of any sort ! Yet the gun in the airsoft tiger add you’ve used as justification for the claim is positively festooned with licensed logo’s FFS😳

plus when you come down too it even just in photos you can tell the difference in quality of materials used between a cheap’n’cheerful Chinese knock off and a quality piece like a G&P let alone when it’s in your hand ? PLUS if you do want to go down the “oh it was a simple mistake” excuse route then I’m sorry but with your claimed extensive sales history we would expect you of all people to be able to tell the difference between the two levels of quality when the gun was in your hands ?  

Use your common sense and refrain from senselessly responding to a "closed" topic, I have made an honest mistake which I have owned up to there's nothing more nothing less going on so keep your unneeded childish comments to your self. I am sure as an adult you might take pride in more interesting things than gaining others approval with some sub par jokes on an Airsoft forum! 

47 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

didn't realize you'd seen the jokes thread :P

sorry, couldn't help myself....

Hey!! 😂

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Cmon, you cant expect me to pass up on an opportunity like that :P

Yeah guess so but I'm  betting you have had maybe just a tiny giggle?

🙂

Regards

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah guess so but I'm  betting you have had maybe just a tiny giggle?

from referencing the thread? yes, from the thread itself? no

j/k, not all of the jokes are that bad :P

Love the way the fella with 25 posts comes on giving it large to all the regulars who have been here for years and are aware of the lay of the land.   I don't believe it was a mistake, I believe you knew fine rightly what you were upto and therefore you deserve all the opprobrium (you can look that one up) coming your way.   

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Love the way the fella with 25 posts comes on giving it large to all the regulars who have been here for years and are aware of the lay of the land.   I don't believe it was a mistake, I believe you knew fine rightly what you were upto and therefore you deserve all the opprobrium (you can look that one up) coming your way.   

Sorry for been an inferior human due to my low posts count... I wish I had more posts and potentially feel the inflated ego you may have...

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Of course you made ‘an honest mistake’ which you’ve owned up too , much like a 2nd hand car salesman who sells a bolloxed car then tries to deny all knowledge of the faults with it .

You knew what you where doing plain and simple . End off .

Next time don't complain if someone doesn't clear the air in this thread, you've clearly proven that you aren't mature enough to accept someone is able to make a mistake and still are making stupid statements "You knew what you where doing plain and simple . End off ." Oh yes you definitely know me and my intentions 

I have given a full explanation taken my time to reply to comments although at first I was just not going to reply I thought you know what I'll give it a try and here we are :) still so opinionated and not willing to accept that not everyone who makes a mistake has ill intentions. 

Here's a bit off feedback and posted goods I've taken the time to add together (once again wasting my time on pessimistic people) 

Now please your welcome to prove to me and everyone else how I might be a scammer please other than saying "oooo yeah you misadvertised the RIF" I think that's been made very clear yes than you I have BY MISTAKE! so now I will wait for you to find a bad feedback mentioning me until then do not call me a scammer or come to some st*pid conclusion of your own without FACTS.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 02.20.22.png

Edited by Louisd

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Louisd said:

do not call me a scammer

Nobody called you a scammer.  Please feel free to check.

I'd go with "geezer" or "chancer".  "Puckish rogue", perhaps.

Either way, I won't be seeing any further seethe and cope from you.