Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, JDuffy90 said:

I literally just bought an M4 off this guy last week. And have just stumbled across all this today....

Anyone got a noose I can borrow?

Are you in possession of it?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, JDuffy90 said:

I literally just bought an M4 off this guy last week. And have just stumbled across all this today....

Anyone got a noose I can borrow?

Have you actually tried it yet ? 

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Are you in possession of it?

Yeah I've got it. Tracked next day delivery tbf

48 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Have you actually tried it yet ? 

I've had like a tiny test with it. It fires and seems ok. Came with 3 mags, one mid cap 2 low. One of the low caps may be miss firing slightly.

I'm taking it to an indoor Airsoft range Friday.

So far it seems ok. But i literally have no idea what I'm looking for. It was missing a screw under the 'upgraded ergonomic grip'

And from watching YouTube videos on replacing the bucking/barrel it seems AEG's usually have a little spring on the barrel? Well, this one doesn't anyway.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, JDuffy90 said:

It was missing a screw under the 'upgraded ergonomic grip'

If you stick with airsoft, you'll soon build up a collection of small random screws which were apparently surplus to factory requirements. Alternatively, eBay or Amazon can provide boxes of small assorted screws, or you can stamp on some kids' toys and see what you end up with.

2 hours ago, JDuffy90 said:

And from watching YouTube videos on replacing the bucking/barrel it seems AEG's usually have a little spring on the barrel? Well, this one doesn't anyway.

Yes, ideally there should be something pushing the hop unit back against the gearbox.  You've also going to start eyeing up things around the house as likely sources of parts, like biro or battery-box springs.  You could also use a rubber o-ring over the barrel, or in extremis wrap a rubber band around it and see if that gives you the right amount of shimming.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If you stick with airsoft, you'll soon build up a collection of small random screws which were apparently surplus to factory requirements. Alternatively, eBay or Amazon can provide boxes of small assorted screws, or you can stamp on some kids' toys and see what you end up with.

Yes, ideally there should be something pushing the hop unit back against the gearbox.  You've also going to start eyeing up things around the house as likely sources of parts, like biro or battery-box springs.  You could also use a rubber o-ring over the barrel, or in extremis wrap a rubber band around it and see if that gives you the right amount of shimming.

I actually found a screw that fit from a broken Xbox controller I'd dismantled. I used to do a bit of Airsoft years ago when I was like 14/15/16. Always wanted my own AEG. Been looking at getting back into it since December, but the site's around me fill up quick if you're hiring kit. So just bought this M4 so I can get involved. 

Now I'm concerned it'll die on me like an hour into my first game day or something 😂🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I've also going to start eyeing up things around the house as likely sources of parts, like biro or battery-box springs.  You could also use a rubber o-ring over the barrel, or in extremis wrap a rubber band around it and see if that gives you the right amount of shimming.

Don't forget the Blue Tac & elastoplast 😜

Works for Andrey😏

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Don't forget the Blue Tac

I skipped the part about using a blob of Blue-Tac to secure a slightly over-sized spring on the hop unit as too-much-information, but every little bodge helps.

13 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Look on it as a learning experience 🤷🏼

It's a mostly good group on this forum, classifieds vultures not withstanding, so you're in the right place for good advice and bad comedy.

Yeah, I'm new to the community but it comes across as very knowledgeable and welcoming. Tbh even the guy I got this gun from has been helpful comunicating. Be interesting to see how it performs on the range Friday. It might be alright but I'll be gutted if it's shit. I could always try dismantling it I suppose.

Might at least give some people a laugh if I post the results.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, JDuffy90 said:

Yeah, I'm new to the community but it comes across as very knowledgeable and welcoming. Tbh even the guy I got this gun from has been helpful comunicating. Be interesting to see how it performs on the range Friday. It might be alright but I'll be gutted if it's shit. I could always try dismantling it I suppose.

Might at least give some people a laugh if I post the results.

Andrey's been around a while, up until now no issues with anybody, maybe the bodged rifle everyone's talking about is a one off, thrown together from a "leftovers" box ?. 

Not saying its right, but maybe his other guns, hopefully yours included, will be of a better quality 🤞

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If it works, it works. Leave it be.

1000% this

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Right, I'm bored of this one now. Who can we pick on...err I mean help next?

how’s this one

£300 for a cracked slide and two fuckered mags

The grips must be worth a fortune on their own !

I must’ve mugged the guy who sold me my minty one for £100!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this as I do genuinely think DCA should have their own Shakespearian play it’s run by that big a bunch of shyster con artists BUT I can all most say yes I can see this one going for that price ! 😱

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

DCA does it again, must have been talking to Patrol Base

I think You Are Paying for all the Capital Letters they have Loquaciously Used in their Real Steel Detailed Description.

Points for effort, although I really hope that when they say "Real Steel" that they don't mean that's actually a cannibalised M1903, even if they started with a de-activated JROTC unit.

I wonder idly if it actually works in any meaningful fashion as an airsoft gun, or whether it's really just a de-ac that you can hang on the wall and exclaim "Hands off, that's lethal barrelled, that is, you need a loicence to get one."  They don't mention magazines, and as we know there's no guarantee that putting a bunch of random parts together will produce anything useful.

16 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

The grips must be worth a fortune on their own

They're fucked too, unless the split rubber is a "customisation" 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Jacket said:

400 quid more than normal for something he doesn’t actually have in stock

I will never cease to be astonished at the enthusiasm for airsofters to hand our hard-earned over to some complete rando for a non-binding intention to possibly perhaps supply us with something not entirely unrelated to what we paid for at some indeterminate time in the range of next-week-to-forever.

6 hours ago, Jacket said:

400 quid more than normal for something he doesn’t actually have in stock

877E21A7-05F3-40B9-9983-85AE1C8AB4DD.png

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbbr-airsoft-gun

Not that i don't think its a complete ripoff (95% of DCA stuff is) as a cerakote is virtually pointless for us, but if some poor sod did want to cerakote a brand new mws it would probably end up costing at the least that much.

didnt realise the MWS was cerakote as standard, supposedly, my bad, even more of a ripoff then😅

Edited by Alpha.s1
Didnt read properly