The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Very good value for money - they are commonly associated with rental guns so lack the 'cool' factor these days.

I got mine - in beige, the best colour - largely because I hadn't seen many others around.  Then my local site of course switch them them as rentals.

I'll not wax too lyrical. The two-piece V3 trigger is always going to be vaguer than a single piece V2.  That contributed to mine locking up fairly easily on semi with the mediocre stock motor: plenty of cut-off-lever locks that needed an auto burst to clear them, and also a couple of a hard locks where the motor stalled out completely with the spring fully compressed.

But with the motor upgraded and learning not to try and semi-spam too fast, it's run flawlessly.  The rotary hop is pretty decent, and it feeds well off of M4 mags via the adapter.  It takes upgrades easily enough, and here's the kicker: I've never opened the gearbox. Not once, even to shim it.  You can solder onto the external trigger tabs, and I just spooged some chainsaw oil into the bottom half and silicone oil into the cylinder, and it's run sweetly.

"Workhorse" isn't too unreasonable a description.

Picked up a bargain last weekend at the shift your rifts event at Abingdon, but only just got round to posting...

15 x Madbull XM204 CO2 moscarts plus a bag full of spare O-rings and fill valves...  for £300

spending today stripping them all to replace any perished O-rings and lubricate them all to ensure they are ready for next game day.

20220507_132816.thumb.jpg.f6bcb32db1e077f2631a15da2e3baaad.jpg

4 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

This just arrived for my mws upper build.

20220507_121352.jpg

What mount you going to use with it?

Guest Mr. No_Face

Sold my 4x32 Theta rhino optic and bought an Eotech 558 replica, which didn't arrive..... So grabbed a second hand NX400 Laser to mount on my TM MWS so I'd at least have some kind of targeting system for this Sunday's game day. Gonna be interesting relying solely on a laser.

thumbnail_IMG_6185.thumb.jpg.f0a655418ae05f62381cb2ad5473395f.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6184.thumb.jpg.360e7e2ef7ebdf701294754d921402dc.jpg

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Sold my 4x32 Theta rhino optic and bought an Eotech 558 replica, which didn't arrive..... So grabbed a second hand NX400 Laser to mount on my TM MWS so I'd at least have some kind of targeting system for this Sunday's game day. Gonna be interesting relying solely on a laser.

thumbnail_IMG_6185.thumb.jpg.f0a655418ae05f62381cb2ad5473395f.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6184.thumb.jpg.360e7e2ef7ebdf701294754d921402dc.jpg

Call me an old dinosaur 🦕 if you like, but what about iron sights, pretty sure they still put them on most rifles for a reason ? 🤔

Guest Mr. No_Face
28 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Call me an old dinosaur 🦕 if you like, but what about iron sights, pretty sure they still put them on most rifles for a reason ? 🤔

Who uses irons in 2022 except rentals lol... nah just joking.  But it's a skill in itself to actually use them competently.  Even more so when you're under pressure and need to acquire targets quickly. A visual cue is gonna remove all doubt that the target is acquired as opposed to relying on irons. Also there's the problem of me running a Magpul MBUS rear sight and the stock Triangle front sight so alignment is not optimal at all. 

All this accompanied by the fact that I also cannot afford to miss 😆.....I'm running a GBBR with 35 rounds per mag. I'm playing airsoft on "hard mode"

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Who uses irons in 2022 except rentals lol... nah just joking.  But it's a skill in itself to actually use them competently.  Even more so when you're under pressure and need to acquire targets quickly. A visual cue is gonna remove all doubt that the target is acquired as opposed to relying on irons.

i used to think very much that way, until a couple of occasions i chose/was forced into running irons only and found myself doing surprisingly well.

even if the irons are off you still have a reasonably repeatable reference point for where your shots are going, which is close enough for the ranges we play at.

3 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Bought this to use until I get the rs version

Ah, nice. I have the HAO Geissele clone and it's great. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm running a GBBR with 35 rounds per mag. I'm playing airsoft on "hard mode"

My "iron" sights are hacked out of EVA foam, and my new secondary is a revolver.

Oh, yeah, HFC HG-132 arrived today.

image.png.1cce0b9659fe6f5cd174d517dabcd489.png

Fun, in very short bursts.  The plastic grip isn't secured that well, and the claimed energy levels for the 4" barrel version are hugely optimistic.  I'm seeing 0.5J, barely above AEP levels.  Consistency is meh too, not even 12" at garage ranges, making the adjustable rear sight a bit of a gimmick.  Apparently it's got a fixed hop but whether it does, and what it might hop, remains to be discovered.

Still, it's a revolver, it's a little better than a springer, apparently very gas efficient, and you can load from the front of the cylinder fairly quickly rather than dumping the shells.  Any hit with it should be a "Yass!" moment.

6 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

What colour? Where did you get it??

I have the FDE version and bought it from the HAO website

20220322_122302.thumb.jpg.9d4ac630bb8e8b4f274981d19c308c1e.jpg

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Who uses irons in 2022 except rentals lol... nah just joking.  But it's a skill in itself to actually use them competently.  Even more so when you're under pressure and need to acquire targets quickly. A visual cue is gonna remove all doubt that the target is acquired as opposed to relying on irons. Also there's the problem of me running a Magpul MBUS rear sight and the stock Triangle front sight so alignment is not optimal at all. 

A chinese clone laser has probably less chance of holding zero on a GBB than a chinese clone red dot, assuming that laser actually can be adjusted in the first place?  Not that you need an aiming device at the airsoft combat distances where you'll easily be able to see where the laser is landing; ignoring the fact it's generally a poor aiming method and on top of that highlights your own position.  There's a reason the best professionals don't use vis lasers compared to IR or optics - and since people don't like that analogy, also look at the speedsofters, paintballers etc.  Not a dig at all, just saying how it is.

Unless your MBUS clone is super bad and not vaguely close dimensionally to the real thing, there's no reason it won't work with your current front sight.  They're both standard M16 mil spec height, designed to work together.

Guest Mr. No_Face
4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

A chinese clone laser has probably less chance of holding zero on a GBB than a chinese clone red dot, assuming that laser actually can be adjusted in the first place?  Not that you need an aiming device at the airsoft combat distances where you'll easily be able to see where the laser is landing; ignoring the fact it's generally a poor aiming method and on top of that highlights your own position.  There's a reason the best professionals don't use vis lasers compared to IR or optics - and since people don't like that analogy, also look at the speedsofters, paintballers etc.  Not a dig at all, just saying how it is.

Unless your MBUS clone is super bad and not vaguely close dimensionally to the real thing, there's no reason it won't work with your current front sight.  They're both standard M16 mil spec height, designed to work together.

I hear you mate, but I'm already well aware of the pros and cons around using a laser. I don't particularly care about giving away my position in this instance, so long as I get my target first and playing in low lit conditions it was perfect. A number of players had tracers and mounted torches too and gave away their positions as expected. I'm also not trying to "hold a zero" with it either that is not even the purpose of a tac laser under any circumstance. It's there as a visual point of reference and helps with quick target acquisition. I'm not playing marksman here with a tac laser lol.

Speedsofters and paintballers have an excess of rounds, enough that they can use their trail of projectiles like a reference point similar to a laser. 
The Mbus sight a long with a number of other attachments on my rig are real steel.

I'm kinda intrigued about a number of the iron-sight advocates since I mentioned earlier it's a skill in itself to use them competently. I know sometimes people armchair quarterback, but are you guys really that effective with iron sights at even mid range? I practice a number of drills in my house with and without irons such as "EL PRESIDENTE" and I have missed torso sized targets from 10 yards. In fact,  often. Shooting whilst moving and transitioning from draw, low ready or high ready is not easy without a visual guide. Try it yourself. Perform the EL PRESIDENTE Drill and modify it so you're at an angle to convey a more realistic battle situation and see how easy it is to quickly shoot a target with irons. It's even more difficult when mobile. This is why when I hear the "just use your irons" comments I go.....

cool story, bro Meaning & Origin | Slang by Dictionary.com

I can however imagine irons being more feasible for older slower paced fellas that have the time to align there rigs from afar and not waste their shots.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm kinda intrigued about a number of the iron-sight advocates since I mentioned earlier it's a skill in itself to use them competently. I know sometimes people armchair quarterback, but are you guys really that effective with iron sights at even mid range?

With a rifle yes, although i do know what you mean with regards to pistols- far enough away where you can't instinct fire but too close to be able to take your time aiming. My solution to those engagements is to respawn :P

• Supporters

I'll be completely honest, early on I had sights on everything, slowly the realisation, for me anyway, hit me that I barely used them, the ranges involved couple with the fact I'm an instinctive shooter, essentially the eye, inline with the outstretched arm, is how I snap shoots, it's how I was trained on real steel so works very well at most of the ranges we play at. 

The only exception that I feel definitely needs a decent, probably magnified sight, would be a dedicated sniper, they tend to get themselves into all sorts of tight/inconvenient spots with minimal movement allowed, so yeah seeing what you want to hit is a must. 

BUT

They do look nice, some guns look waaay better with a matching sights, & I've now gone ANOTHER full circle & run them on most of my gats, even if I actually don't sight through them, so don't feel bad, I'm a tackle tart too lol. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I can however imagine irons being more feasible for older slower paced fellas that have the time to align there rigs from afar and not waste their shots.

None taken Bro 😛

I'm also not trying to "hold a zero" with it either that is not even the purpose of a tac laser under any circumstance.

I don’t think you understand what a “tac laser” as you call it is for…everything should be zero’d.

I practice a number of drills in my house with and without irons such as "EL PRESIDENTE" and I have missed torso sized targets from 10 yards.

I like the way you LARP bro!

I hear you mate, but I'm already well aware of the pros and cons around using a laser. I don't particularly care about giving away my position in this instance, so long as I get my target first and playing in low lit conditions it was perfect. A number of players had tracers and mounted torches too and gave away their positions as expected. I'm also not trying to "hold a zero" with it either that is not even the purpose of a tac laser under any circumstance. It's there as a visual point of reference and helps with quick target acquisition. I'm not playing marksman here with a tac laser lol.

Speedsofters and paintballers have an excess of rounds, enough that they can use their trail of projectiles like a reference point similar to a laser. 
The Mbus sight a long with a number of other attachments on my rig are real steel.

I'm kinda intrigued about a number of the iron-sight advocates since I mentioned earlier it's a skill in itself to use them competently. I know sometimes people armchair quarterback, but are you guys really that effective with iron sights at even mid range? I practice a number of drills in my house with and without irons such as "EL PRESIDENTE" and I have missed torso sized targets from 10 yards. In fact,  often. Shooting whilst moving and transitioning from draw, low ready or high ready is not easy without a visual guide. Try it yourself. Perform the EL PRESIDENTE Drill and modify it so you're at an angle to convey a more realistic battle situation and see how easy it is to quickly shoot a target with irons. It's even more difficult when mobile. This is why when I hear the "just use your irons" comments I go.....

cool story, bro Meaning & Origin | Slang by Dictionary.com

I mean, anything you're using to aim with needs to hold zero or you won't be hitting whatever your aiming device of choice is aiming at? If you're using something to 'acquire a target' and you're shooting half a metre to the left of your laser mark, particularly large targets aside, you're missing.

That aside, the biggest issue I've ever had with irons is eye/facepro making getting down on them much more of a pain than the 1.7"+ mounts that I'm now used to. There are certainly better and worse examples of irons, but they're all usable... especially if that's all you've ever used.

Guest Mr. No_Face
39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

With a rifle yes, although i do know what you mean with regards to pistols- far enough away where you can't instinct fire but too close to be able to take your time aiming. My solution to those engagements is to respawn :P

Instinctively lifting a rifle and transitioning from draw, low or high ready to engage a target from 10 yards is not easy. Even from a stationary position it requires numerous repetition to get it absorbed into your muscle memory. My instincts and reactions are fast but my hand eye co-ordination is another story. There have been times after several runs of "EL PRESIDENTE" where I've returned to inspect to the targets and discovered I've hit jack shit.

20 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

I don’t think you understand what a “tac laser” as you call it is for…everything should be zero’d.

I like the way you LARP bro!

You wouldn't understand "tac laser"  or where it comes from, we're probably generations apart. I can put money on that.

"A laser sight is a device attached or integral to a firearm to aid target acquisition. Unlike optical and iron sights where the user looks through the device to aim at the target, laser sights project a beam onto the target that provides a visual reference point."

As the above definitions states, I was referring to having some kind of visual assistance that would be suitable for close to mid range encounters. Something that would merely compliment reactive targeting. "A point of reference"

"I like the way you LARP bro!" Says Wavey_gravey

We're all LARP'in here "bro" we're playing toy soldiers and some of you at the age of 40+ 

Also follow me on instagram for those drills videos might help you out "bro"

Edited by Mr. No_Face

A visual point of reference means fuck all if its not pointing where it’s meant to be…but you must be right because I’m so old and your so operator. 

Go back to your teenage bitching about the MWS system being crap cause you broke it.

EDIT for spelling and to apologise for thread de-rail.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Guest Mr. No_Face
24 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

A visual point of reference means fuck all of its not pointing where it’s meant to be…but you must be right I’m so old and your so operator. 

Go back to your teenage bitching about the MWS system being crap cause you broke it.

Who shit in your cereal today?

• But it IS pointed to where it needs to be.......... "bro". I love how you mentioned "Operator" after the "tac laser comment" kinda makes it seem like we're in the same age demographic. I see what you did there lol.
  • So that's why you came at me so hostile just now... The MWS system is crap? When did I ever say that..."bro". Didn't I also state what was causing the problem and a solution too. Did you miss those or are you too much of a geriatric dunce to interpret that info correctly?

There's nothing more repulsive than some old, jamoke trying to be edgy on the internet infront of his virtual pals. Cut that shit out and chill the fuck out too.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

A visual point of reference means fuck all if its not pointing where it’s meant to be…but you must be right because I’m so old and your so operator.

for lasers you do have a point, but i'd disagree that irons/dots/reticles need to be exactly on, as long as it's a repeatable point of reference (ie not moving relative to where the rounds are going) you can kentucky windage your way into getting good hits.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for lasers you do have a point, but i'd disagree that irons/dots/reticles need to be exactly on, as long as it's a repeatable point of reference (ie not moving relative to where the rounds are going) you can kentucky windage your way into getting good hits.

But at that point, why wouldn't you just crank the turrets so that point of reference is zero'd? Regarding holding zero, a lot of the clone shite out there struggles with it on GBBRs thus rendering the 'repeatable' part in the point of reference moot. Which is why the question marks around not caring about holding zero on something that was specifically put on a RIF for aiming with are coming from.