The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Friends and myself used irons for 3+ years without an issue, both in CQB and large open areas. Only reason we really got optics was to help in the really dark areas of our local cqb. We've done some  home made 'drills' (in quotes because they were more for cheap fun than to get more opscherater) with one very similar to the presidente one (going from google description) and didn't really have any issues with hitting a5 targets. But then I'll always advocate iron sights because I think they look very cool indeed 

image.png.a9e1af7757e64aada77935ccaec3cb5d.png

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

But at that point, why wouldn't you just crank the turrets so that point of reference is zero'd? 

depends on the setup, setting windage on an ak for example, or for the mini rmr style dots you need a screwdriver to adjust.

not saying you shouldn't do it if you have the chance, just that it's not the end of the world if you don't have the time to get it properly dialed in.

11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Regarding holding zero, a lot of the clone shite out there struggles with it on GBBRs thus rendering the 'repeatable' part in the point of reference moot.

yes, this is a valid point, hence why i caveated the "repeatable" part :P

Guest Mr. No_Face
11 minutes ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Friends and myself used irons for 3+ years without an issue, both in CQB and large open areas. Only reason we really got optics was to help in the really dark areas of our local cqb. We've done some  home made 'drills' (in quotes because they were more for cheap fun than to get more opscherater) with one very similar to the presidente one (going from google description) and didn't really have any issues with hitting a5 targets. But then I'll always advocate iron sights because I think they look very cool indeed 

image.png.a9e1af7757e64aada77935ccaec3cb5d.png

If you're talking AEG then even a monkey could competently run a AEG and fire 200 shots to hit a target. those are some good odds.

I'd have absolutely no problem running an AEG with no attachments since I'd have the endless stream of bbs to use as a point of reference no different from a laser.

13 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

But at that point, why wouldn't you just crank the turrets so that point of reference is zero'd? Regarding holding zero, a lot of the clone shite out there struggles with it on GBBRs thus rendering the 'repeatable' part in the point of reference moot. Which is why the question marks around not caring about holding zero on something that was specifically put on a RIF for aiming with are coming from.

Because one of the key emphasis is on speed. I do not even need to fully shoulder my weapon from any key positions, low, high ready, (on the move) when using that as a point of reference.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

5 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

If you're talking AEG than even a monkey could competently run a AEG and fire 200 shots to hit a target. those are some good odds.

I'd have absolutely no problem running an AEG with no attachments since I'd have the endless stream of bbs to use as a point of reference no different from a laser.

If we fired streams of bb's in the garden I wouldnt be alive to type this to you :P 

Guest Mr. No_Face
Just now, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

If we fired streams of bb's in the garden I wouldnt be alive to type this to you :P 

confused-look.gif

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd say some teenager holster-juggling his Glock in front of his mum's mirror for hours on end might give it a close run.

Teens are expected to behave like wazzocks. There's no excuse for someone over 40 years old.

Cheapest 'reflex' on EBay.  No windage or elevation and a simple reticle.

Bloody silly thing just for looks I suppose.  I did buy it mainly from the point of curiosity.  Which is lucky...

20220413_184815.jpg

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd say some teenager holster-juggling his Glock in front of his mum's mirror for hours on end might give it a close run.

You.... you were watching??

Anyway, my tuppenys worth is as follows; I ran mainly iron sights for years with the occasional 'investment' in chinesium aimpoint or eotech clones which I never got on with. Iron sights are fine for short to mid range, certainly when firing streams of BB's, but even with semi auto on a gbbr.

However, since picking up a legit XPS-2 for a great price, I'd never go back to irons, even for toys as fundamentally inaccurate as our bb guns, a good optic definitely makes a difference.

It's just a question of how much one is prepared to spend for that subjective improvement.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MAX DICKER said:

You.... you were watching??

Kid Glock there?  No, I was barely aware of his existence, and now he's on the "shush" list.  Lucky guess, I guess.

1 hour ago, MAX DICKER said:

However, since picking up a legit XPS-2 for a great price, I'd never go back to irons, even for toys as fundamentally inaccurate as our bb guns, a good optic definitely makes a difference.

It's just a question of how much one is prepared to spend for that subjective improvement.

Truth to tell, I actually agree.  I run irons (or foam) on sniper sidearms and for LARPing, but reticules all the way if I actually want to hit something.  Even in CQB I run a cheap reflex on my MP5K.

Just not... this cheap.

10 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

20220413_184815.jpg

I saw those come up on "cheapest first" (it's a cultural imperative) and was wondering if they really were what they looked like: a cross painted on a bit of perspex.  I do like that they've gone to the bother of faking a battery compartment and laser tail end on it.

It occurs that you could make something exactly as useful from a sight protector and a felt tip pen. :D

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Kid Glock there?  No, I was barely aware of his existence, and now he's on the "shush" list.  Lucky guess, I guess.

Truth to tell, I actually agree.  I run irons (or foam) on sniper sidearms and for LARPing, but reticules all the way if I actually want to hit something.  Even in CQB I run a cheap reflex on my MP5K.

Just not... this cheap.

I saw those come up on "cheapest first" (it's a cultural imperative) and was wondering if they really were what they looked like: a cross painted on a bit of perspex.  I do like that they've gone to the bother of faking a battery compartment and laser tail end on it.

It occurs that you could make something exactly as useful from a sight protector and a felt tip pen. :D

I think this might be one that still lights up, obviously not that that'll make it any less useless

It certainly does light up.  Not necessarily on the POI though...

I'll fit it to something and see how far out it is at some point.  

1 Nuprol XL case for a friend 

1 Nuprol L case for me

1 HPA set for me, 1 set for a friend 

Bothers me slightly that the bottom foam in the XL is cut at a weird angle, but it'll do the job for him for sure. XL is a behemoth!

20220510_092050.jpg

20220510_093056.jpg

20220510_094131.jpg

Edited by MILITATED

On 08/05/2022 at 14:14, Mr. No_Face said:

I practice a number of drills in my house with and without irons such as "EL PRESIDENTE" and I have missed torso sized targets from 10 yards. In fact,  often. Shooting whilst moving and transitioning from draw, low ready or high ready is not easy without a visual guide. Try

Whaaaaaat?

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Whaaaaaat?

I mean you should try the drill mate.... Doesn't require a lot of space.

29 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

ricky-berwick-toy-gun.gif

Hey Ricky Berwick is a global icon!   A lot of you on here have more in common with him than you might think. Bad, hips and barely functioning knees.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

A lot of you on here have more in common with him than you might think. Bad, hips and barely functioning knees.

LOL, your not wrong 🤣

Edit: maybe it should be tears 😭

19 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m keeping my RIF’s secure this year 😳😳

That's pretty hardcore just for some RIFs. Must be rough around your neck of the woods...😜

Mine are all unceremoniously dumped in a large pile down my shed.

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Mine are all unceremoniously dumped in a large pile down my shed.

I aspire to have both a shed, and a large pile of toy guns.  I'm still strictly middling. :( 

• Supporters

Thanks to FB marketplace bargains, in the garage I've got a shotgun cabinet for the really long guns, & high security builders site box for anything less than 42ish inches, rrp for both items was just shy of £650, I managed to get them for a tenner each. 

Woop Woop 🥳