CoD Hit-Markers in Game Videos Are The Same as Hit Calling Which is as Bad As Non-Hit Taking

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Calling your hits is as bad as not calling your hits 🤔

It's where a YouTuber edits in a little graphic and a sound effect to assure the viewer that "yes, I really did hit that moving target moving through trees 40m away"

I utterly despise the practice.

Thanks but I known about hit markers in vids. It's the rest I'm struggling with lol.

It has been a long day though 😴 

Regards 

I think I may be able to translate this into English:

Creating edited videos with sight target hit markers is as bad as shouting “You’re hit!, you’re hit, I say marshal, that chap over there is hit and is playing on” and also as bad as playing on once you have been hit & eliminated

….. and … discuss ….

12 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I think I may be able to translate this into English:

Creating edited videos with sight target hit markers is as bad as shouting “You’re hit!, you’re hit, I say marshal, that chap over there is hit and is playing on” and also as bad as playing on once you have been hit & eliminated

….. and … discuss ….

Oakley dokely

Thanks all clear now👍

Yes I agree also 🙂

Regards 

Right as a middle aged person can I just clarify. Some one shouting out take your hit is as bad as no hit takers yes? I would say it's worse as its much more common than non hit taking and can ruin a game atmosphere as the belief that the other team are not taking their hits can spread quickly. 

Silly practice in a way, but one does have the choice to watch or not to watch.   

Hit calling at games is something that blights the sport whatever you choose to do after initially choosing to attend.  It is hard to ignore and impossible to choose not to hear.  

I enjoy the odd Gamble vid, but I avoid this kind of viewing in general.  

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

even when you can't tell from the footage whether or not the bb found its mark

Master Race snipers can tell that their BB really hit the target even when you can clearly see it swerving off into the wide blue yonder.

Warning: contains extremist content, and a giant throbbing dick.

The title makes less sense than I do after a few tequilas but someone has already beat me to posting a video of Sir Cuntly and his magic sniper hits. The only airsoft player who seems to have an infinite range, perfect accuracy sniper rifle, not affected by environment or weather. 

image.png.7b88e86047003f6f3ad7b7246b53f2f8.png

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Groot said:

The title makes less sense than I do after a few tequilas but someone has already beat me to posting a video of Sir Cuntly and his magic sniper hits. The only airsoft player who seems to have an infinite range, perfect accuracy sniper rifle, not affected by environment or weather. 

image.png.7b88e86047003f6f3ad7b7246b53f2f8.png

Its not helped if players don't follow the "country code" 😜

oh-for-fucks-sake-who-left-the-gate-open-atthe-14525377.png

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Master Race snipers can tell that their BB really hit the target even when you can clearly see it swerving off into the wide blue yonder.

that's true.

on the one hand, they are just responding to the audience, sadly "airsoft fights and flipouts compilation #420; cheetar shot in the ballz with crazy 500fps sniper (instant karma) (super painful) (he regretted it)" is gonna get you more views than "yeah went and played airsoft, it was fun playing but the footage doesn't really show it that well". it's drama dressed up as actual gameplay.

seems to be a human thing, i mean if you look at regular television we could put anything on there and yet we so often choose to have violence and murder.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's drama dressed up as actual gameplay

True, but that's exactly the problem: too many folk on site on most days who aren't really there to play airsoft to the same set of common trust and respect based rules as the rest of us.

And it becomes more of a problem when they publicise and encourage that behaviour.

I'm both glad and sad to see more sites starting to take a dimmer view of filming.  The turds have fouled that punch bowl for everybody.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

True, but that's exactly the problem: too many folk on site on most days who aren't really there to play airsoft to the same set of common trust and respect based rules as the rest of us.

it's a vicious cycle. they start out just uploading normal gameplay videos, at some point they encounter some natural conflict and upload it, video goes big, they see that ad money roll in and want more, so they start seeking out, or generating conflict to keep the clickbait rolling.

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And it becomes more of a problem when they publicise and encourage that behaviour.

that's a tricky one, for sure the game has that behavior occurring naturally, just part of it being a sport played by humans, certainly it doesn't make for good pr making it seem more common than it is.

one thing i don't like is the whole business of promoting the use of pain as some sort of macho proving/karma delivery system, the idea that intentionally trying to hurt people more than necessary is an acceptable practice. yes bb hits will sting, it is an unavoidable side effect of having pews with a usable effective range, but that doesn't mean it's some kind of character flaw to dislike it and not want people intentionally aiming for sensitive areas or sending excessive amounts of plastic in the name of "correcting" some perceived injustice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.