Gun picture thread

M_P

15 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

What makes this different to the A2's that are available please?

Most of (if not all) the A2's I've looked at are full auto, I've found an A2 kit with a lower with the correct markings for a burst mode but nothing else.

As far as I know: Full auto rather than burst, A1 style Carry handle Sight, Painted in the same black paint as SLR's rather than the usual grey.

Beyond that I think it's nuances in markings like having serial numbers on both halves of the receiver and the crows foot / broad arrow stamp.

On 22/04/2024 at 20:51, Darkmikey22 said:

So been working on this bad boy. 

Still not finished. But its getting there...  

So it's an ares A3

Managed to fit the angry gun mlok rail to it. 

Added the C Reinforcement sections. 

Hka3 added to rear. 

LLM03 3d printed 

Not seen in pic is the QR codes added to both sa80 and os4. 

Still to do;

Laser engraved the os4

Make a pressure pad and 3d print the coupling. 

Weather it all. 

1000299102.jpg

1000293090.jpg

pixlr_20240413143139828.jpg

My A3 sticker? 👌😍

That setup looks mint!

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2024 at 22:47, gavinkempsell said:

What makes this different to the A2's that are available please?

Most of (if not all) the A2's I've looked at are full auto, I've found an A2 kit with a lower with the correct markings for a burst mode but nothing else.

What makes it different is the markings. 

In the real world, the 701 was a Full auto export rifle, with export colt markings. 

Compared to the USGI issued 705. 

Which had U.S government markings and burst fire. 

So all those airsoft auto A2 lowers, but U.S markings are all wrong. 

Now with mine. Up till recently, no one made the correct export marked lower till angry gun released their gbb 733 body. 

So, a few years ago I had to have my lower engraved to replicate what was issued to UK troops. 

pixlr_20240513232915438.jpg

Edited by Darkmikey22

On 17/05/2024 at 18:18, theSwede said:

Going old school. Last build before summer.

Also my my favourite Glock mod. Clean and easy. Glocks was Sexy AF whitout rmrs and lights

Miss the 90ies

G17 gen2 with steel slide. 

Built on a TM 

IMG_1145.thumb.jpeg.79baf75e3fc57a36f7c36bd33207d619.jpegIMG_1146.thumb.jpeg.7b09f4c6b4cfd1421957f235d2d925db.jpegIMG_1147.thumb.jpeg.96656b16916aba9da17c6a282539839d.jpegIMG_1148.thumb.jpeg.4deaa8b920aaf8354c72f04d92a3d07c.jpeg

I agree entirely.

Not keen on rmrs on any pistol, but certainly not on a Glock.

I also have the Guarder Gen 2 frame, but on my otherwise stock Glock 22.

What brand is your steel slide, and was it an easy fit?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I agree entirely.

Not keen on rmrs on any pistol, but certainly not on a Glock.

I also have the Guarder Gen 2 frame, but on my otherwise stock Glock 22.

What brand is your steel slide, and was it an easy fit?

Its the Guarder steel slide. It was a pretty straight forward build. Then as always with a heavy steel slide it took some experimenting to maximize performance. Right now I can get around 15 shots out of it. Going to install a purple nineball gas router to better the gas seal a bit.

But then again I built this for the feel and looks. Not for performance In the field. Although I of course want it to function as its supposed.

Edited by theSwede

My Specna EDGE 2.0 ak-105:

Replaced the plastic handguards with Specna's wooden ones, shimmed them and the folding stock so it's all rock solid, used gorilla tape to keep the hopup center, yet to shim and relube the gearbox and buy a few upgrade parts and still haven't skirmished with it but I'm loving it so far.

My AK on branch close.jpg

IMG_20240512_184543.jpg

My AK with Tantal steel 545 mag edit.png

IMG_20240512_190025.jpg

Gorilla tape hopup lever centering mod top annotated.png

Gorilla tape hopup lever centering mod side.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Impulse said:

Why the hell does an AEG with a specifically designed longer gearbox made for more air volume for long barreled DMR builds come with a goddamn ported cylinder out of the box? Had a local tech fit a full cylinder, as well as a Perun mosfet in place of the cheap Cyma platinum one, programmed for semi-auto only and then had some electrical tape put over the full-auto sensor as well so it's doubly semi-locked! Also no pre-cocking because it's incredibly snappy on semi-auto anyway with an 11.1v lipo (ASG Infinity U-18000 high torque motor + Lonex helical gears) and I'd rather not risk extra wear on the parts and doubly not risk me accidentally leaving it cocked after a game day and killing the gearbox parts.

Now comes my part. I've got a load of springs to go through as I want to find one that will do 1.14J on a .32 and another that does 1.88J on a .43. I think the current hop setup will handle it, but if not I'll need to experiment there as well. Thankfully, the hop and barrel assembly is a piece of cake to take out and it has a quick change spring system; I'd never do an AEG DMR build without a quick change spring.

It's a bit of a heavy beast now with the massive 3.5-25x56mm scope (the eye relief on it is perfect for me on this) and the bipod and MAWL on the front, but I love how it has turned out!

image.thumb.jpeg.503ac7ce7b825bf3186683249c917111.jpeg

Nice!

Although that pistol grip is making my brain itch.

40 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Nice!

Although that pistol grip is making my brain itch.

It's what it comes with. Was tempted to replace it, but it just wasn't that important to me at the time. If it was a GBBR I'd replace it in a heartbeat, but the last time I opened the pistol grip I couldn't get it closed again around the motor, so I'd rather not touch it!

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Impulse said:

It's what it comes with. Was tempted to replace it, but it just wasn't that important to me at the time. If it was a GBBR I'd replace it in a heartbeat, but the last time I opened the pistol grip I couldn't get it closed again around the motor, so I'd rather not touch it!

To be honest I'm impressed the motor is meshing properly at that angle!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

image.thumb.jpeg.09444e74c9b59001b1caee1f34b03df6.jpeg

This'll be getting some paint at the weekend (assuming it's not pissing down).

excellent ! I took a Cyma mosfet XM177 in a trade this week ,

07834363-9888-4337-8c73-05370444677b.thumb.jpeg.ce0ccba0833f4b962f47ab7e4cc664f1.jpeg

did a very quick and dirty build myself , switched the handguards , bobbed an old silencer on and a 5 minute Krylon blast 😂 

IMG_8367.thumb.jpeg.ca9a26359c38efeadf303d283aebcf69.jpeg

with my WE ,

IMG_8369.thumb.jpeg.779d6cd2c4936ef285b7a53e4e2dfeb2.jpeg

17 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

excellent ! I took a Cyma mosfet XM177 in a trade this week ,

I've had great service from my one, hope you have an equally enjoyable experience! Looks like someone has already done the job for you of swapping out the M4 hand guards that it would have come with for the correct slim style too. I will try my best to overlook the crime that is using a 30rnd mag and suppressor on it though ;)