Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

2 hours ago, Encore said:

Says looking for but is a sale ad, look at that price for an MP9! You're having a bubble 🤣 (Obviously not a real sale ad but still the price does qualify it for Mack's)

Im certainly not willing to pay £10k for a cheek riser if you look at my WTD listing 

You gotta put a price in - even for wanteds 

And if you put in a tenner, everyone will think you are trying to mug them off 🤣

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Im certainly not willing to pay £10k for a cheek riser if you look at my WTD listing 

And if you put in a tenner, everyone will think you are trying to mug them off 🤣

LOL feel like putting up a wanted add now, something rare & exotic, proper rocking horse poop, pricing it at £15 & saying "I'm firm on the price, I know what these things are worth, no ones mugging me off. 

🤣

10 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yeah, who'd pay that!? I mean it's only custom, it's not even fully-upgraded!

Butbutbut there may be some parts off REAL AK'S on it.....

Yeah either way £450 for something with absolutely no specs or origins specified seems questionable at best

Cyma 28u for sale at £20 more than can be bought new from Patrol Base. £40 more and you're into second hand LCT/E&L money.

But it's ok, the seller bought it from his local reputable airsoft shop who were kind enough to sell him 'the upgrade battery'. I'm guessing the £160 gets all their money back. 

Screenshot_20230805-212654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230805-212701_Chrome.jpg

On 03/08/2023 at 22:24, Enid_Puceflange said:

d

I can se how puttig a low ball price might make people suspicious but I don't think putting in such a huge price helps either. Putting in a sensible price would probably help you find sellers who are in your price range.

Nothing against the ad poster, just found it funny when I saw the ad

On 27/07/2023 at 13:49, Tackle said:

Yer got yer Israeli defence force, & yer lesser publicised Irish defence force, which I'd also forgotten about. 

We were here first! 

Sinne Fianna Fail a ta fe gheall ag Eirinn! 

Can someone explained used airsoft gun pricing to a relative noob? I saw this ad went up and I'm in the market for a HK45 so I was interested...

But 130 seems mental for second hand. A 5 second google search showed I can get it brand new in box from Wolf armouries for literally less than 10 quid more. Anyone care to explain?

2 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Can someone explained used airsoft gun pricing to a relative noob? I saw this ad went up and I'm in the market for a HK45 so I was interested...

But 130 seems mental for second hand. A 5 second google search showed I can get it brand new in box from Wolf armouries for literally less than 10 quid more. Anyone care to explain?

It varies from item to item, general rule of thumb is 60-70% of cheapest available retail price (most would add the caveat of cheapest available retail price within the UK).

The additional mag it comes with is another £30ish and that's not including postage on either the pistol or the mag. Is it a bargain? Nope. Is it Macks worthy? Also nope.

4 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Can someone explained used airsoft gun pricing to a relative noob?

Generally speaking items priced at about 2/3of retail will sell and those that appear on Mack's will move slower. 

Of course there are the traditional 'market forces' in action here, if you really want it and is the only one of that pew to be posted in a while you may consider paying more. If the seller is willing to over look the details of your defence it may be priced higher. 

If it's a we Glock I'd expect it to sell for around 40/50% of new as they are so common

10 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

It varies from item to item, general rule of thumb is 60-70% of cheapest available retail price (most would add the caveat of cheapest available retail price within the UK).

The additional mag it comes with is another £30ish and that's not including postage on either the pistol or the mag. Is it a bargain? Nope. Is it Macks worthy? Also nope.

Fair enough, thanks! So in reality 120 to 130 is in the reasonable category for that... even though it can be had brand new for essentially the same price that's wild!

8 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Generally speaking items priced at about 2/3of retail will sell and those that appear on Mack's will move slower. 

Of course there are the traditional 'market forces' in action here, if you really want it and is the only one of that pew to be posted in a while you may consider paying more. If the seller is willing to over look the details of your defence it may be priced higher. 

If it's a we Glock I'd expect it to sell for around 40/50% of new as they are so common

Ah so there is a workaround for sellers, in that they can price a premium for a 'no questions asked' policy re defences. Makes sense, thanks both!

On 07/08/2023 at 16:54, Beorn said:

My principle is 70% of cheapest retail price and 20 quid for paypal and postage and worked so far. But I mainly sell stuff and haven't bought a gun yet from here.

Edited by Krisz

7 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Fair enough, thanks! So in reality 120 to 130 is in the reasonable category for that... even though it can be had brand new for essentially the same price that's wild!

I’d argue the second half of this is pretty disingenuous, the value of what he’s selling is in the £170 range excluding postage. So £40-£50 additional to get it new, not an extra £10. It’s very easy to tailor how you deliver information to make it match your narrative, but that doesn’t necessarily make it accurate. 

170 new… yeah. That’s why I said, 120-130 is in the reasonable category in that case, agreeing with your comment on it? I just find it wild that I could get a brand new gun with warranty and a mag for 139, or a used gun +2 mags for 130. Not trying to be disingenuous, but whatever

Edited by Beorn

On 07/08/2023 at 22:12, Beorn said:

I could get a brand new gun with warranty and a mag for 139, or a used gun +2 mags for 130

What you're paying for when buying new is the piece of mind that if it shits the bed after half a mag you can get a refund or replacement for easier 

Not sure what it is about this but it gets my spidey senses tingling.

https://raffall.com/343054/enter-raffle-to-win-l129a1-dmr-hosted-by-sbs-armouries?fbclid=IwAR3LK13fbE-rl8ozEVBDou590XvuFJ-BibsWCxeVkuWXrZUsrkOjWbpkluo

10 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

What you're paying for when buying new is the piece of mind that if it shits the bed after half a mag you can get a refund or replacement for easier 

Not sure what it is about this but it gets my spidey senses tingling.

https://raffall.com/343054/enter-raffle-to-win-l129a1-dmr-hosted-by-sbs-armouries?fbclid=IwAR3LK13fbE-rl8ozEVBDou590XvuFJ-BibsWCxeVkuWXrZUsrkOjWbpkluo

or  buy it now , hopefully not too many tickets sold 😑

1 hour ago, JimFromHorsham said:

or  buy it now , hopefully not too many tickets sold 😑

Well that's interesting. Surely they can't be raffling off the same rifle whilst also having it up for sale here but it wouldn't surprise me. Also, £800 without a list of any upgrades?

8 hours ago, MrTea said:

Well that's interesting. Surely they can't be raffling off the same rifle whilst also having it up for sale here but it wouldn't surprise me. Also, £800 without a list of any upgrades?

According to the raffle site if the seller doesn't deliver you get 75% of the money from ticket sales. Still dodgy as a £9 note though