Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I also have to laugh at how seemingly desperate DCA appears. One measly Royal Marine promo image comes out, and straight away he's making plans to build (and overcharge) airsoft replicas based on it. It's not even a very interesting rifle.

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Makes me feel better about my 1 of 100 L85 purchase recently even if I did break it after three skirmishes. 

Insert just like the real thing comment here*

41 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Nah mate. For that money Im expecting recoil. Lock back on empty (at the very least simulated) oh and no real need to pay extra for upgrades.

Agreed. A quick google search shows that's not far off the price for a real one

*Full disclosure, I've zero experience with a real L85  I'm just making a cheap joke based on the rifle's reputation

Edited by Cannonfodder

8 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Thing is though, he's got the right idea, weekend warriors will absolutely want replicas of the latest Royal Marine weapon.
Wouldn't surprise me if he sells all of them, a fool and his money and all that....

Agreed. "Desperate" is the wrong word. 

How funny would it be that something on this very expensive replica is incorrect because he didn't wait for a few more images and angles of the thing.

Edited by Herrgh

22 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Insert just like the real thing comment here*

I did chuckle at the irony.... Several people made a similar observation at REDCON 2 the other day 🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

weekend warriors will absolutely want replicas of the latest Royal Marine weapon.

Truthfully that's why I got the style of L85 I got.... I really want a blowback version, but I didn't want the realism that much that it was going to cost me silly money. I had a very hard limit on what I was willing to spend, and. I wasn't goi g to pay the kinda money a SUSAT or ELCAN goes for. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

5 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

Agreed. "Desperate" is the wrong word. 

How funny would it be that something on this very expensive replica is incorrect because he didn't wait for a few more images and angles of the thing.

Meh. He's already in the wall of words stated it isn't going to be 100% accurate......

1 minute ago, Dan Robinson said:

Truthfully that's why I got the style of L85 I got.... I really want a blowback version, but I didn't want the realism that much that it was going to cost me silly money. I had a very hard limit on what I was willing to spend, and. I wasn't goi g to pay the kinda money a SUSAT or ELCON goes for. 

Dude, I TOTALLY get it, I got my G3 cos the IDF used to use G3s/FALS and I hate the look of AUGs, which they now use. 
Totally understandable, but we didn't pay STUPID money. (Though my G3 is GBBR so.... not cheap)

20 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I didn't pay that much for it though.

Got mine here https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/product/ares-l85a3-ar-058e-aeg-bulpup-rifle/ 

Reckon they had it open before I got it tho so it's broken ish (sure we,ve discussed this already), must admit I wanted the elcon & rmr so got them too. Got an M320 attached for the hell of it & socom silencer.

Just as well it's a wallhanger.

6 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Got mine here https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/product/ares-l85a3-ar-058e-aeg-bulpup-rifle/ 

Reckon they had it open before I got it tho so it's broken ish (sure we,ve discussed this already), must admit I wanted the elcon & rmr so got them too. Got an M320 attached for the hell of it & socom silencer.

Just as well it's a wallhanger.

Yes, your gun wall is something I have to keep from showing the Boy.

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a fecking ELCAN.

Fuck this hobby.🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Dude, I TOTALLY get it, I got my G3 cos the IDF used to use G3s/FALS and I hate the look of AUGs, which they now use. 
Totally understandable, but we didn't pay STUPID money. (Though my G3 is GBBR so.... not cheap)

Idf got augs ?, you mean tavor ?, can't find mention here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Israel_Defense_Forces

You say that but bolster keeps selling out regardless of how overpriced they are.

11 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

So that's almost an extra grand over normal price for a rail, paint job and suppressor.

I guess he's only making 6 as that's how many people he can find who are dumb enough to pay that much

You say that but bolster keeps selling out regardless of how overpriced they are.

21 minutes ago, BYRNEMORGAN52 said:

Who says? It’s a standard retailer trick, say they’ve sold out, better luck next time mate etc etc to make the gullible think they’re missing out, when in reality they probably only made one or two for promotion purposes.

Next time round, six foolish people fall for it and it becomes self perpetuating 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Irish, not Israeli.

Sorry, I wasn't clear and IDF usually means the latter. 

Doh, me too, forgot the paddies, which is bad as technically I am one lol. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

If it was cheaper (a lot cheaper) I'd probably buy one, more for the Marine connection than the actual rif, I see it as another M4 variant (nothing wrong with that... I currently have 5), in saying that I'd prob buy a Sig Spear in a heart beat.

Get the base rifle for £300 odd, change the stock, add a QD suppressor and have it cerakoted. Bob's yer mother's live in lover.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

A quick google search shows that's not far off the price for a real one

Perhaps that's what they mean by "as close to the real rifles as possible". 🤷‍♂️

Eh, I'm sure there were a few people who set out to get robbed by Dick Turpin just for the authentic experience of it.