Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

15 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of...... oh wait, wrong forum

You mean the winning is all that matters attitude, usually found in those with major insecurities and the knowledge that no woman is ever going to touch them in that special place without payment first

I seriously hope that's a NGRS one. Mind you even  if it is 10% off RRP is still pushing into Mack's territory 

*Edit* It is the NGRS version

That would be ok in my books… if a massive TM shipment from Japan didn’t just land at pretty much every retailer in the UK. Which it did.

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I was going to start a new topic but THB this thread probably covers what I was going to say anyway...

An open comment to any sellers in the classified section on this site...

I've bought a few items already & most sellers are fairly good with their feedback on the offer I've made but now and then I get a shirty reply to my 'LOWBALL' offer... Just because you've paid X for a rif and added Y & Z to it doesn't mean it's worth XYZ to me, I generally offer 1/2 the 'new' price as that's what it's worth to me regardless of Y or Z, I'm happy to have the offer rejected or even negotiate a higher price, but there's no need send a shirty reply because your 'upgraded' 'modded' or 'rare' piece of unicorn poo is worth X to you.

Basically, if you're selling & I make an offer, don't take it personally.

If they're not open to offers though, for example, and you decide you know best and offer as such, you can't really criticize them for getting shirty.

You're free to make offers even if a seller hasn't said they're accepting them, but the sellers are equally free to respond as they like.

Manners only take a moment, but it could be argued that unsolicited offers -- especially ones that don't relate to the price the seller is seeking for -- is also rude, however "right" you think you are.

14 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

If they're not open to offers though, for example, and you decide you know best and offer as such, you can't really criticize them for getting shirty.

You're free to make offers even if a seller hasn't said they're accepting them, but the sellers are equally free to respond as they like.

Manners only take a moment, but it could be argued that unsolicited offers -- especially ones that don't relate to the price the seller is seeking for -- is also rude, however "right" you think you are.

My post isn't meant as a complaint, I agree 100% that it's everyone's right to ask for XY or Z, it's genuinely an open comment that no offense is intended by me.

Considering the topic of this thread, I recon it's the best place for my comment.

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

I offered a seller 2fidy for Thier prized 🦄 and got told 'NO'

I think some sellers are happy to wait it out for the right (loaded) buyer. 

You call it unicorn poo but someone out there loves the idea of the sparkle....

We know that toys priced around 45-60% of RRP sell here, I personally don't even count the gear the pews are sold with, if they were worth anything you would split them right? 

So yeah, offering 50% of new is not beyond the pale. It maybe for the seller though.

• Supporters
On 14/07/2023 at 17:24, TacticalWaifu said:

I am the owner of Airsoft Tech Support on Facebook

Well, that says everything I need to know about that then.

• Supporters

There's some curious guns for sale on the Airsoft UK discord if anyone wants a laugh. Apparently some random throwing a load of parts in a gun means it's worth double the cost of the gun new. Should it be 3x retail instead if they are well known techs? 🤨

Does that mean my Recce rifle that had work done on it by Kingdom of Airsoft is worth over a grand lol. Here I was thinking £400 might be a bit steep....

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Possibly the ultimate wanker gun.

Seeing 40rps and binary trigger in the ad makes me think calling it a wanker gun is being overly polite

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

When I win the lottery and setup my own site* - there will be a ROF cap of around 16-18RPS. Gun over that? You'll be shooting semi-only for the day.

*Assuming I have enough time/braincells after the hookers and cocaine.

I would give the Colombian marching powder a miss; I have spent far too much of my life around people who consume it in industrial quantities.

On 18/07/2023 at 21:31, Cannonfodder said:

Seeing 40rps and binary trigger

But also possible that it's 25rps...

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The price isn't too bad till you add on the extra £20 for postage

From his selling history, bloke's got one of those very specific mid-century history interests.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

From his selling history

You mean a history of labeling stuff as original that are clearly reproductions?

Do we get a female delivery driver that provides a happy ending upon safe delivery of my item included in that postage price?😆... if so, preferably still in uniform thanks hahaha 🤣

Edited by SeanM

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

clearly reproductions

One of the poorer reproductions at that, too.

After I pointed out (All be it, the wrong way) the uniform set he was selling for £250 was also £250 from the history bunker but included boots and was brand new, his advert was "incorrect" and the price dropped. Even now, his MP40 mag pouches are £30 (Not to mention the £20 shipping), which you can buy from Epic Militaria for £25.95 and £3.50 postage. 

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

From his selling history, bloke's got one of those very specific mid-century history interests.

According to a reply on one of his ads he's in the fatherland too.

14 hours ago, SeanM said:

Do we get a female delivery driver that provides a happy ending upon safe delivery of my item included in that postage price?😆... if so, preferably still in uniform thanks hahaha 🤣

The Wehrmacht uniform?!  That's one of those quite specific kinks  😉