Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

20 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

They don't give a shit. Never have. Never will. They will do things in their quirky, Japanese way - market demand be damned.

Exhibit A is that they have never done a Hi Power Mk III.  Could you imagine how many they’d sell?

Edit:  Or a new Famas

Edited by Duff Beer

15 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

Exhibit A is that they have never done a Hi Power Mk III.  Could you imagine how many they’d sell?

Edit:  Or a new Famas

How many WE Hi Power you see at a site not many. what you see at sites are M4s, AKs Hi Capas and Glocks. People always say why don't such and such make obscure gun I like they would sell loads. the answer is they wouldn't.  

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

How many WE Hi Power you see at a site not many. what you see at sites are M4s, AKs Hi Capas and Glocks. People always say why don't such and such make obscure gun I like they would sell loads. the answer is they wouldn't.  

I’d be all over a reliable Hipower in an instant.  The WE’s are notorious for being a bit pants.

8 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

I’d be all over a reliable Hipower in an instant.  The WE’s are notorious for being a bit pants.

So are WEs Hi Capas dosn't stop people buying them.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Me too, TM Hi-Power & a TM L1A1, even though they'd probably be plastic I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips lol

Not the biggest sinner

But still trying to sell for more than you can get new! And wants postage on top!

I was interested until I found it brand new from Ali at £26 , all in, delivered

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Not the biggest sinner

But still trying to sell for more than you can get new! And wants postage on top!

I was interested until I found it brand new from Ali at £26 , all in, delivered

People really haven't figured it out yet, if your gonna overprice kit, this isn't the place to do it lol🤣

4 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

Is the WE's reliability in question because of the way the gun needs to be loaded with the slide locked back to prevent damage to the knocker, or are there wider issues than that?

And for the record I'd definitely be a purchaser of a TM Hi-Power and an L1A1 too.

I think whether or not a company will make different models is down to a few factors.

1, average player age. Whilst there's quite a few of us old gits here we're certainly in the minority. Look around the safe zone at your next game and I bet most will be under 40. This links to number 2

2, what's in the media. Be it TV, film, games or even the news many of these will influence what players want. A prime example is all the tarted up John Wick pistols with the fugly stippled grips

3, development and production costs. If you have to sell x number of guns to make a profit then it makes sense financially to stick to what you know will sell.

I'm sure there are many more, but these IMO are the biggest 

Edited by Cannonfodder

5 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

526083D0-57D3-49B6-BB0B-BE41197A9EF7.thumb.jpeg.1d3c9e7ab8363914e2de1cd1167b53e5.jpeg

😛

I wonder if they still have the molds?

57 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I think whether or not a company will make different models is down to a few factors.

1, average player age. Whilst there's quite a few of us old gits here we're certainly in the minority. Look around the safe zone at your next game and I bet most will be under 40. This links to number 2

2, what's in the media. Be it TV, film, games or even the news many of these will influence what players want. A prime example is all the tarted up John Wick pistols with the fugly stippled grips

3, development and production costs. If you have to sell x number of guns to make a profit then it makes sense financially to stick to what you know will sell.

I'm sure there are many more, but these IMO are the biggest 

I'll add to that Airsoft is not all Tokyo Marui make they have limited production capacity. So churn out a batch of guns that will sell or something relatively obscure ( give them some credit there recent NBB have been interesting choices) 

• Supporters

What's going on in the media/real world/TV, has a massive influence on all things, 

Prime example a few years ago when we were still caning it in Iraq & Afghanistan, a serving mate was meeting me for a milsim weekender, woodland in the autumn, & he realised neither he nor any of his comrades had any dpm between them, having been forced to hand the old stuff in to swap for MTP. 

Not a problem he thought, he'll just call a few surplus stores that were enroute (he was driving over from Germany) & grab a cheap loadout. 

Not a chance, literally every single one said "buddy, have you not seen the news, it's all going on in the desert these days", & were literally only stocking desert variants. 

Managed to sort him out something just prior to the event, but it was close. 

Wish we hadn't bothered though, the game was shite lol. 

• Supporters

Ok so this isn’t Airsoft related but I couldn’t resist posting this.

£50 for an empty Pepsi Max can! 
I wonder if I can sell empty coke cans at that price, with the ones in my kitchen, I’d be a millionaire.

does just go to show, there are some jokers in this world and you can buy anything online.

IMG_3665.thumb.png.76b2be04e1fa4720e0f7d8756a947720.png

7 hours ago, Matt.2504 said:

Ok so this isn’t Airsoft related but I couldn’t resist posting this.

£50 for an empty Pepsi Max can! 
I wonder if I can sell empty coke cans at that price, with the ones in my kitchen, I’d be a millionaire.

does just go to show, there are some jokers in this world and you can buy anything online.

IMG_3665.thumb.png.76b2be04e1fa4720e0f7d8756a947720.png

Sod the £49.99 for an empty pepsi can - they want £129.37 for postage!!!! 
But... look what you get!

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 18.33.15.png