Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 29/03/2022 at 20:54, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve seen a few of these lately, is there a post limit now you must reach before you can see or post in classifieds? @proffrink

If there isn't, there should be. Or at least a minimum membership time.

I've just joined a few shooting forums and they have a month minimum before you can post in the classifieds. 
Which on the one hand was annoying, cos I'd joined to flog stuff (hypocrite, I know!), but on the other hand, I can totally see the value of that as it's got me involved in the community.
People who only join to flog stuff serve no purpose to AFUK as a community.
They also present a greater risk, as they can create a @fuckwit1992 username, flog their tat and fuck off into the distance before anyone's the wiser...

23 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

If there isn't, there should be. Or at least a minimum membership time.

I've just joined a few shooting forums and they have a month minimum before you can post in the classifieds. 
Which on the one hand was annoying, cos I'd joined to flog stuff (hypocrite, I know!), but on the other hand, I can totally see the value of that as it's got me involved in the community.
People who only join to flog stuff serve no purpose to AFUK as a community.
They also present a greater risk, as they can create a @fuckwit1992 username, flog their tat and fuck off into the distance before anyone's the wiser...

I definitely agree, a minimum 10 posts or a time period would be a nice addition and make life easier to filter through.

2 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I definitely agree, a minimum 10 posts or a time period would be a nice addition and make life easier to filter through.

I was quite surprised at having access to the sales section straight away tbh.

The Airgun BBS has a 5 post minimum before access is granted manually and even this low bar gets rid of the vast majority of chancers.

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i thought there was some kind of limit put on the classifieds after we got hit by a boatload of spambots?

There is a limit, but that's a maximum number of adverts listed in a week if I remember correctly.

Damn, I have now been in this forum long enough to see this argument again. Didn't the last time this come up the instant access was seen as a good thing so as not to limit user interaction with the forum ....

Although getting the humourous "new, I am not a shop" from avenger every week limit my interaction with the classifieds.

• Supporters

Soooooo seller ‘thinks’ it’s a stripped piston but to me doesn’t sound like he’s 100% confident it’s just that , but is STILL asking £220 for a non working bollox’ed gun that you may or may not be able to fix or may even need a complete new gearbox ? OK just checking ! 😳

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Soooooo seller ‘thinks’ it’s a stripped piston but to me doesn’t sound like he’s 100% confident it’s just that , but is STILL asking £220 for a non working bollox’ed gun that you may or may not be able to fix or may even need a complete new gearbox ? OK just checking ! 😳

Thought exactly the same thing, describes it as boneyard but that's definitely not a boneyard price, especially when I've seen them before, fully functional for 20-30 quid more. 

Definitely a case of "if it's an easy fix, fix it yourself & then your price is justifiable" ? 

But apparently in this case, the seller can't be bothered to fix it, maybe people won't be bothered to buy it lol 

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

It’s worth £100 in parts, I made him the offer lol

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Crazy thing is, it's split gearbox, so really easy to check if it's the piston.  The fact he hasn't (or has and that's not what it is) bothered makes me think it's something more. 

Either way, massively overpriced as it doesn't work. 

39 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

Crazy thing is, it's split gearbox, so really easy to check if it's the piston.  The fact he hasn't (or has and that's not what it is) bothered makes me think it's something more. 

Either way, massively overpriced as it doesn't work. 

I had the same thought.

A piston change on an ICS gun can be done in under 10 minutes for £7-8 quid. Perhaps a bit more if you buy an upgrade ICS POM unit.

There's more going on there i think.

19 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

How long until Luke at Negative Airsoft gets this one? 😂😂

Didnt Luke already shit over this particular model of Bolt MP5 in one of his videos to the point that Bolt sent him a load of replacement parts?

• Supporters

So if it does turn out to be a bag of shite, who's getting the blame, Andrey or Bolt ? 🤔

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

So if it does turn out to be a bag of shite, who's getting the blame, Andrey or Bolt ? 🤔

Both of them?

4 hours ago, Groot said:

Didnt Luke already shit over this particular model of Bolt MP5 in one of his videos to the point that Bolt sent him a load of replacement parts?

I think that was the SD6 and yes they sent him a load of replacement parts 😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Somebody decided sniping isn’t like all the YT vids 🤣🤣

Wot u mean those "x" hit markers don't automatically pop up when you shoot at peeps with a suitably expensive sniper loadout 😏

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wot u mean those "x" hit markers don't automatically pop up when you shoot at peeps with a suitably expensive sniper loadout 😏

Petty minds think alike: I was scrolling down to post the exact same thing.  I was even hearing the "splat" sound in my head.

I sometimes wonder whether WuTube videos get more people into the hobby long term, or if they mostly just result in "bargain" packages like this cluttering up the classifieds.

Good news for manufacturers and retailers either way, which is doubtless why they sponsor "influencers".