Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is nobody going to mention the stippling that looks like it was done by a chimp on ketamine? 

that's just how they are, blame keanu for that one if you dare :P

5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

On a different note, how about a second hand 2 tone for the same price as new? 

part of me feels sorry for them in terms of how tricky that'll be to sell at that price.

the other part of me thinks that's gonna be a valuable life lesson for the kid to realise you can only spend it once and certain things don't hold their value.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Another fresh member with only selling posts

So, clearly admits that it’s got something wrong with the hammer

But cunningly taken the picture to not show the issue, in fact it could even not be there at all, steep money for a fuckered pistol !

Looks like he’s stuck the grip in a cheapo waffle press for a couple of minutes ! 😳

16 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

But it’s specifically for hunting those men women.

As everyone knows they are colour blind, as well as being naturally attracted to reject breath of the wild characters.

And movement, so you have to stay perfectly still

34 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Ummm..... You sure about that?

Screenshot_20220220-205338~2.png

Must say I agree. Looks a bit frayed around edges. Might be the effect you wanted though. Perhaps it's as new internally 🙂

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Must say I agree. Looks a bit frayed around edges. Might be the effect you wanted though. Perhaps it's as new internally 🙂

Regards 

By definition though something that's "custom" can't be "as new". Even if the internals are untouched it's been customised and is therefore not as it was when it was new. 

To be pedantic, 'custom' is short for customerized I think.  It applied to work carried out by the (car or motorcycle) supplier, who, in the '50's, would have employed fully apprenticed and ticketed mechanics to carry out the work.  That way you kept the warranty as the mechs would be qualified and employed by an accredited agent.  

I remember a writer on one of the 'custom' bike mags telling me that he cringed each time he wrote the word.  

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

To be pedantic, 'custom' is short for customerized I think.  It applied to work carried out by the (car or motorcycle) supplier, who, in the '50's, would have employed fully apprenticed and ticketed mechanics to carry out the work.  That way you kept the warranty as the mechs would be qualified and employed by an accredited agent.  

I remember a writer on one of the 'custom' bike mags telling me that he cringed each time he wrote the word.  

That’s basically what I said , except I didn’t use as many words(I was tired) 🤣🤣👍

What ever you think of the quality of the paint job it is a custom paint job. Any way holy expletive delete I have no idea if they'll get their asking price but this really makes me regret selling mine 15 years ago for about £100 https://prefired.co.uk/ads/magpul-fpg-w-original-receipt-7x-mags/ (spoiler i sold it because it didn't work very well)

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, BigStew said:

What ever you think of the quality of the paint job it is a custom paint job. Any way holy expletive delete I have no idea if they'll get their asking price but this really makes me regret selling mine 15 years ago for about £100 https://prefired.co.uk/ads/magpul-fpg-w-original-receipt-7x-mags/ (spoiler i sold it because it didn't work very well)

That's just mental, even if (reading between the lines😏) the guy did just occasionally lovingly caress it & polish with pre-cum🤮

That said, some fruit cake will probably buy it🥴

7 hours ago, BigStew said:

I remember I bought one from new as well, sold it on a year or two later for the same reason. It was a fun gimmick but not reliable enough to skirmish with. No regerts

7 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

I remember I bought one from new as well, sold it on a year or two later for the same reason. It was a fun gimmick but not reliable enough to skirmish with. No regerts

Over the last 23ish years I have had a short attention span and have bought and sold many guns for next to nothing that people now want stupid money for these days.

• Supporters

£240 of RIFs, plus Bogging Blue paint. The usual random assortment of burn-your-house-down chargers, Pinty-knock-off, BBs and mags.

Mirror-posing use only, maybe.

Being "given" away for only £400!  (And you have to collect)

PatrolBase should really start marketing these as "buyer's regret packages".

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

£240 of RIFs, plus Bogging Blue paint. The usual random assortment of burn-your-house-down chargers, Pinty-knock-off, BBs and mags.

I'd say that lot wouldn't come to £400 brand new

Edited by MAX DICKER
can't spell

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, at least he listens to advice. Price-dropped to a more realistic £250.

7 hours ago, BigStew said:

Quick mental maths - there probably is about £400 worth of stuff there (without knowing what mags go to what gun) but not as a job lot. Boot sale, probably make about that over the day if the crowd is right.

Is it me or is every charger there look like it'd burn your house down at the first opportunity? They look like they're nuprol or the cheap Chinese ones that should go straight into the bin

• Supporters
11 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Boot sale, probably make about that over the day if the crowd is right.

It'd have to be a big crowd, and you'd have to sell every item to cover the price.

I guess if you really enjoy wheeling and dealing and don't value your own time you might recoup the cost of collecting it, if you live close enough.