The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Novritsch ventilated plates for my plate carrier.

Hopefully these will help reduce the heat build up while carrying a bigger loadout for outdoors/extended play sessions without making me overheat like crazy. These are the only plates I could find that had the body curve rather than being flat from a 3d printer.

I did try ordering a Condor Modular Chest System from an Italian (only place I could find it in stock in UK or Europe) company only to get refunded as they're out of stock despite saying that had plenty of stock on their site :( Only other option for this specific rig in Multicam or OCP is to pay a premium from the US. Must keep looking for a bigger loadout chest rig.

I'm looking for a rig with 5-8 M4 mags + pistol mag/grenade pouches OR molle space for addtional pouches and it MUST have a back panel. The chest rigs i've tried with straps only across the back start to cause back pain in extended sessions when fully loaded.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
17 hours ago, MrTea said:

I'm looking for a rig with 5-8 M4 mags + pistol mag/grenade pouches OR molle space for addtional pouches and it MUST have a back panel. The chest rigs i've tried with straps only across the back start to cause back pain in extended sessions when fully loaded.

WAS 901 and a back panel

Platatac Peacekeeper

Went to a military show today, picked up 130 rounds of 7.62 (Inert) for an absolute bargain as well as an original 1911 double mag pouch and pistol pouch too. M60 kit is so very nearly done, at last 😂

Also picked up a few original m16 slings after the repro broke almost instantly! 

IMG_3121.jpg

image.png

Edited by JinxDuh

23 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Went to a military show today, picked up 130 rounds of 7.62 (Inert) for an absolute bargain as well as an original 1911 double mag pouch and pistol pouch too. M60 kit is so very nearly done, at last 😂

This made me realize one thing, I could wear my bullet belt to a skirm... not that it's a good idea at all, but I just like them, need to get my tacti-cool look on point.

I stopped wearing it to shows because obviously, so it has sat gathering dust for a few years already now.

6 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

not that it's a good idea at all

How comes? Is it frowned upon? I was planning on wearing it at a local skirmish in my 'nam kit 😬

Edited by JinxDuh

3 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

How comes? Is it frowned upon? I was planning on wearing it at a local skirmish in my 'nam kit 😬

I was mainly thinking about the weight of it 😅

As for looks: go for it! Seeing as a lot of people walk around with dummy rounds anyway...

23 hours ago, MrTea said:

Novritsch ventilated plates for my plate carrier.

Hopefully these will help reduce the heat build up while carrying a bigger loadout for outdoors/extended play sessions without making me overheat like crazy. These are the only plates I could find that had the body curve rather than being flat from a 3d printer.

I did try ordering a Condor Modular Chest System from an Italian (only place I could find it in stock in UK or Europe) company only to get refunded as they're out of stock despite saying that had plenty of stock on their site :( Only other option for this specific rig in Multicam or OCP is to pay a premium from the US. Must keep looking for a bigger loadout chest rig.

I recently got a Platatac Peacekeeper 5 with a Chicom Y-harness. Loads of mag storage, additional molle space and very comfortable. 

From Artkis:

- T112 80L Loadout Bag

- M673 - Covert Elasticated Mag Rig - Black

From Amazon:

- Green and black Flannel shirt

- Grey and Black flannel shirt 

- North Face military green Mudder Trucker cap.

From Military 1st:

Helikon T-Shirt Slim Khaki

- Pentagon Rogue Jeans Pants Indigo Blue

- Pentagon Orpheus T-Shirts Triple pack  Midnight Blue-White-Black

Starting to put together a kit very loosely based off photos from Robin Sage and some other photos. Realised the dressing up in mil kit isn’t actually for me or why I enjoy airsoft so trying something new. 

Ammo clip for my H8R discs (holds 4 discs) came in over the weekend, now to wait till kydex customs sends me the holster and I finally can better take my H8R with me on skirms (already really love this revolver)

H8R revolver magazine clip green/green black/black Molle image 1

Just picked up a Boafeng UV-5R III. While I generally turn up on my own, it'd be good to be able to join the comms of whatever team I end up on if they're using them.

Just need to work out how to use it. Do I really need to worry about anything other than what channel I'm on? and also, which aerial do I use?

12 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Hex headed pistol grip screws, no more mangled cross head screws, it's like ascending to another realm...

vQkKTCvl.jpg

9pkPvMKl.jpg

I've destroyed so many hex heads I should be trialled for crimes against humanity.

Torx heads are the way to go ;)

For pistol grips especially I still prefer the good old Phillips screws tho

13 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Hex headed pistol grip screws, no more mangled cross head screws, it's like ascending to another realm...

I did this for the exact same reason. Almost all of boneyard guns I have bought have had shagged pistol grip screws.

3 minutes ago, Jujujr said:

I saw it, i wanted it, i bought it

image.jpg

Welcome to the Webley gang

Is it a WELL or a Wingun?

Edited by Spartan09

23 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

Welcome to the Webley gang

Is it a WELL or a Wingun?

WELL! just fired it now, love it but heard a lil leak when i fired a few rounds after 

17 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Just picked up a Boafeng UV-5R III. While I generally turn up on my own, it'd be good to be able to join the comms of whatever team I end up on if they're using them.

Just need to work out how to use it. Do I really need to worry about anything other than what channel I'm on? and also, which aerial do I use?

The antenna that came with it will be more than adequate for airsoft ranges.  UHF is generally 'line of sight', so terrain is the biggest factor in defining their range. A longer and higher gain antenna will be beneficial, but only really noticeable if you are working it at circa 2km+ ranges, which would be unlikely with 99% of airsoft fields; and in any respect, the negatives of the more unwieldy length in games would outweigh any discernable benefits in my view.

4 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

The antenna that came with it will be more than adequate for airsoft ranges.

That's the thing. It came with two which threw me a bit.

One's got FM136-174/400-520mhz on it and the other VHF:245MHz. Currently got the first one on it, think I need to real the manual.

32 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

That's the thing. It came with two which threw me a bit.

One's got FM136-174/400-520mhz on it and the other VHF:245MHz. Currently got the first one on it, think I need to real the manual.

Ah, I see! I presume that you intend to use it/programme it to use the PMR 446 frequencies - which are UHF, and yes, if so, use the first antenna that you mentioned - its length will be better tuned to those frequencies, and thus be much more efficient. At risk of something that should be its own thread, you possibly need to look into programming etc.

@Madhouse I'd keep the first antenna on it if you're going to use it on PMR frequencies.

If you're going to use PMR frequencies you should have a licence from OFCOM, unless your site or game organiser has their own licence to cover this. There is a thread on this: 

This video is a really good, simple one for explaining how to programme the radios, and I've used it for mine.

46 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Tease

😂  I've got plans...