The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

A few weeks ago, Sig Sauer moved the majority of their red-dot manufacturing to China.

Funny we now have a few clones of their sights coming out 🤪

Just bought a couple of these, should be here mid June

DCE6DFA4-079F-4113-97AA-073208DE7D92.jpeg

5 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Few more bits for the MWS

577529624_IMG_20210521_1206489292.thumb.jpg.0a4f1c87b3e1fd4099af38478be84f05.jpg

Been following your journey mate. Stockpiling bits and bobs for my first MWS build. Just need the gun and I can start! 

4 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Been following your journey mate. Stockpiling bits and bobs for my first MWS build. Just need the gun and I can start! 

Don't use the magpul bad lever as its hits the upper and starts marking it 😐

I did sand the back of bad lever lots but still making contact.

I could put a small patch/sticker or clear screen to give some protection behind bad lever

• Supporters

I've tried BAD levers and equivalents on a few NGRS and GBB rifles over the years, came to the conclusion there's only 2 times to use them:

1.  On a standard AEG where it does nothing it's literally just a little aesthetic piece

2.  If you have a gun that's exactly real AR dimensions and the bolt catch/release does work (GBB, GBLS etc)

However every airsoft gun I've tried either lacks the power in the system to actually push the paddle out when the mag is empty due to the extra leverage caused by the mass of the extension, or (TM recoils for example) are wider than a real AR so the end of the lever you'd actuate with your trigger finger (if right handed) hits the lower receiver and prevents the bolt lock actually engaging.  I've read that if you bend a BAD lever it can work on TMs, though I haven't tried myself.

I have a couple of LM4s with 2 brands of lever and they took extensive mill work to the bolt catch and rear face of lever to even fit in the first place and clear the upper, then if the gun was tilted left at all the extra weight would pull the paddle out and lock the bolt back when it wasn't supposed to, which meant adding more spring pressure to keep the paddle in the normal firing position.  Next the paddles were smaller/differently shaped vs RS, so we used some quik steel and a set screw, then finally the issue of the power lacking in the system still crops up to an extent.  If you follow the path, when you're out of BBs the main spring in the mag pushes up on the lever in the back of the mag that then pushes up on the bolt catch extension in the mag well, which is trying to drawbridge the external paddle away from the upper except those few grams that the BAD lever weighs are magnified by various points of leverage and function can end up being iffy.

I don't know about the GHK and TM GBB ARs, but if they have specific levers that have been designed such that their dimensions and weight allow them to fully function on those *specific* models of airsoft guns, that's the accessory you're going to want.

So first game back is booked and of course “The Airsoft Money Pit” has opened its ever-hungry maw …….

New scope mount for T10, 2 x pairs of Bollé goggles, an extra battery (just in case), a new boogie hat, couple of cans of gas, a extra pistol mag, another pack of tracer BB’s cuss the two packs of tracers that I already have may not be enough 🙄

I just happy I haven’t got my UKARA anymore (yes thanks C-19) cuss I am pondering a new Primary & Sidearm ;) 

Just placed an order for a Mayflower UW gen IV chest rig in ranger green from overseas.

€190 posted, currently preparing ass for the sandpaper-wrapped buttfuck I'm gonna get by customs :D

8 minutes ago, leadly said:

My Warrior Assault Systems holster turned up yesterday so now my hi Capa dosn't have to go in my pocket!!

IMG-20210521-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.68fab3d0d9c4d73127080d9860a35609.jpeg

Just waiting for my FRV Tailoring shooters belt to arrive now!

The WAS universal and FRV make a great pair, very solid. 

IMG_20200908_234308.jpg

On 19/05/2021 at 12:00, Skara said:

1x Perun V2 Hybrid (rear wired)

1x Perun V3 Hybrid.

Add €15 postage from Kurwa Land and I got two mosfets for the price of a single Titan Advanced :D

gLIUoTB.jpg

They're here!

Minor disappointment in the V3 as it requires soldering out of the box, but I can totally understand why they did that (there's a million + 1 different guns with V3 boxes and having a one size fits all set of wires is impossible).

V2 will be installed tonight, V3 within saturday :)

Just started to dive into my CA MP5K project that I got from the forums. 

Gone is the hideous rail someone had put on it, now working on re-routing wires, ordered some new body pins and trying to get rid of the thread adaptor by means of Dremel/WD40/Fire

What I can confirm is that it fires, is accurate at CQB ranges and is very loud...

90550C09-88B7-48DD-903D-2E057DD8A21E.jpeg

Bit of a project for me.

Used we smg8 with 4x mags

Good points:

Freshly serviced by a trusted teck

NPAS

ML Monster rubber

Steel stock catch

Steel trigger set

All magazines have gas route upgrades

It was very cheap

Bad points:

Wrap is very call of duty

Wrap is patchy (It was the previous owners first attempt)

Bolt doesnt hold open

So the following parts have been purchased as well:

ML crazy jet 180mm barrel

Replacement bolt carrier

Replacement bolt hold open parts

Krylon

Nail varnish remover

Rsa style sling point

received_808002356588501.jpeg

Among a variety of other bits and bobs, finally managed to grab some of these puppies for the NGRS (not long after conceding I didn’t think I’d ever get any and picked up some EPMs... such is life).

😍

6D8FB9BF-D66D-47B6-935D-199672CD56D3.thumb.jpeg.babd1bbd637fd78b40790a06c789d5fc.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Bit of a project for me.

Used we smg8 with 4x mags

Good points:

Freshly serviced by a trusted teck

NPAS

ML Monster rubber

Steel stock catch

Steel trigger set

All magazines have gas route upgrades

It was very cheap

Bad points:

Wrap is very call of duty

Wrap is patchy (It was the previous owners first attempt)

Bolt doesnt hold open

So the following parts have been purchased as well:

ML crazy jet 180mm barrel

Replacement bolt carrier

Replacement bolt hold open parts

Krylon

Nail varnish remover

Rsa style sling point

received_808002356588501.jpeg

I've been wanting an MP7 for a long time but the money never seems worth the final product so I want to do this too. The we ones break so often that they turn up on the forums for peanuts pretty regularly. 

In My 

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

The we ones break so often that they turn up on the forums for peanuts pretty regularly.

I have had a WE Mp7 for a while and it has been pretty reliable despite having a lot of rounds through it. I'm not really sure where the 'they break a lot' vibe has come from, but in my experience they are just as durable as the Marui, and when they do break something (and all full auto GBBRs will break somthing eventually) the parts support is much better. The bits that tends to wear first are the bolt catch and the trigger sears as they are made of finest pot metal. Personally I'd replace with stock parts. RATECH steel bits are available, but require time and effort and some careful filing to get to work nicely and given the cost aren't worth the effort.

In my opinion the reason they come up for sale so often is they shoot like crap out of the box, nothing that isn't too difficult to fix, but it needs some work to shoot well. A couple of things to look at:

1. Out of the box they are covered in tones of shipping grease that needs to come off. Clean them out with some engine degreaser and then re-grease with a light spray of silicone over the bolt and a smear of grease on the runners and the gas efficiency will be much better (yes you still get some cool down, but you will at least get through the whole mag).

2. Before you judge it too harshly put 1000 or so gentle rounds through it (semi or short bursts) and then clean and re-grease it. The parts need a while to lap together so they run smoothly over each other.

3. The hop is totally rubbish as the hop arm fowls on the hop window in the inner barrel so you can't add much hop. You need to either file the bit of the arm thinner or enlarge the hop window (or some combination of both) to be able to apply more hop. I haven't done it on mine, but a crazy jet inner barrel may also fix the issue as they generally have a larger hop window.

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've been wanting an MP7 for a long time but the money never seems worth the final product so I want to do this too. The we ones break so often that they turn up on the forums for peanuts pretty regularly. 

You might have missed out on the rare re-stocking of Umarex/VFC MP7 gen 2's across multiple sites. I managed to grab the last one on defcon airsoft because I know once these are gone they will not be back for at least another year. The Gen2's are sold out in just hours or days typically.

23 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

You might have missed out on the rare re-stocking of Umarex/VFC MP7 gen 2's across multiple sites. I managed to grab the last one on defcon airsoft because I know once these are gone they will not be back for at least another year. The Gen2's are sold out in just hours or days typically.

I keep going back and forth on the VFC ones. Are they really that much better than the WE to be worth the extra cost?

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

In My 

I have had a WE Mp7 for a while and it has been pretty reliable despite having a lot of rounds through it. I'm not really sure where the 'they break a lot' vibe has come from, but in my experience they are just as durable as the Marui, and when they do break something (and all full auto GBBRs will break somthing eventually) the parts support is much better. The bits that tends to wear first are the bolt catch and the trigger sears as they are made of finest pot metal. Personally I'd replace with stock parts. RATECH steel bits are available, but require time and effort and some careful filing to get to work nicely and given the cost aren't worth the effort.

In my opinion the reason they come up for sale so often is they shoot like crap out of the box, nothing that isn't too difficult to fix, but it needs some work to shoot well. A couple of things to look at:

1. Out of the box they are covered in tones of shipping grease that needs to come off. Clean them out with some engine degreaser and then re-grease with a light spray of silicone over the bolt and a smear of grease on the runners and the gas efficiency will be much better (yes you still get some cool down, but you will at least get through the whole mag).

2. Before you judge it too harshly put 1000 or so gentle rounds through it (semi or short bursts) and then clean and re-grease it. The parts need a while to lap together so they run smoothly over each other.

3. The hop is totally rubbish as the hop arm fowls on the hop window in the inner barrel so you can't add much hop. You need to either file the bit of the arm thinner or enlarge the hop window (or some combination of both) to be able to apply more hop. I haven't done it on mine, but a crazy jet inner barrel may also fix the issue as they generally have a larger hop window.

That's kind of what I meant. They're so disappointing ootb that people don't see the point in putting the effort in and cut their losses

Guest Mr. No_Face
4 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I keep going back and forth on the VFC ones. Are they really that much better than the WE to be worth the extra cost?

I'd imagine so. Every review I've seen has praised the out of box performance; Laser accuracy, responsive trigger, quick change spring, light weight and accurate size to it's real steel counterpart. I'm expecting this thing to operate on a comparable level to my Ronin TK45c which out of the box is probably my favourite AEG. I'll find out when it arrives this week though. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'd imagine so. Every review I've seen has praised the out of box performance; Laser accuracy, responsive trigger, quick change spring, light weight and accurate size to it's real steel counterpart. I'm expecting this thing to operate on a comparable level to my Ronin TK45c which out of the box is probably my favourite AEG. I'll find out when it arrives this week though. 

That sounds pretty good but I'll wait for the long term reviews. I heard nothing but stories of the first gens breaking, nozzles, tappet plates and magazine followers.