The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 minute ago, C-Diddy said:
  • PTS EPS for the 416 and a bonus pack of paedo pellets from Dave's Custom Airsoft

Took me a full 5 seconds to work out what you were on about until I spotted the Haribo. 🤣

If you don't like the stock, I'll have it off you if you choose to sell it.....😜

Guest Mr. No_Face

A "Fuck covid-19" patch for morale. Nothing quite like a symbolic middle finger to this virus that's robbed us of our lives and loved ones.

Also represents the return of airsoft for me. Can't wait to smash some of these old geezers on the field! Light-em up like Christmas trees!😆

thumbnail_IMG_1114.thumb.jpg.0e351ab803418726a420f00609b7d617.jpg

11 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Took me a full 5 seconds to work out what you were on about until I spotted the Haribo. 🤣

If you don't like the stock, I'll have it off you if you choose to sell it.....😜

You never know. Keep your eyes on the ads! Got the airsoft equivalent of ADHD when it comes to gear and loadouts...although I think that's just normal for airsofters isnt it?

• Supporters
On 17/03/2021 at 16:26, SLACK_JAW said:

Duff sounds like an interesting guy. 

hes-just-a-horrible-cunt.jpg

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I didn't frequent these forums much at the point when things kicked off with him, but I've heard he's quite a character.

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Very much given up on being 'all in' on sniping, but I wanted to have a cheaper boltie on deck that I don't feel guilty if I don't use it for months... but have it there when the urge comes calling.

I hear ya', I'd rather having a £150 DE Honey Badger sitting unused as a spare than a £1200 on Marui NGR's.

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I hear ya', I'd rather having a £150 DE Honey Badger sitting unused as a spare than a £1200 on Marui NGR's.

Aye, more than happy to throw a decent chunk of change at my RIFs which see regular use. But having that much cash sunk into an SRS just left me feeling like I had to use it as much as possible, something made significantly harder by the fact there is a limited number of woodland sites that I'd consider local... some of which are only open half the year. Once I've got my ZenitCo'd up AK74SU sorted I dare say I'm done with buying anything RIF wise for the foreseeable future, words I'm sure I'll live to regret but very much content for the time being.

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, more than happy to throw a decent chunk of change at my RIFs which see regular use. But having that much cash sunk into an SRS just left me feeling like I had to use it as much as possible, something made significantly harder by the fact there is a limited number of woodland sites that I'd consider local... some of which are only open half the year. Once I've got my ZenitCo'd up AK74SU sorted I dare say I'm done with buying anything RIF wise for the foreseeable future, words I'm sure I'll live to regret but very much content for the time being.

I'm can't afford any more rods for a long time, however I have a bunch of spare parts and access to a 3d printer so I've resolved to make as many custom AEGs as possible. 

Just bought 6 PTS EPM1 midcap mags to replace my hi caps for ise on both my nuprol m4 and tippmann m4 in HPA configuration...    (6x250rd midcaps vs 4 300rd hicaps plus no battle rattle)

Plus 2 p90 hi cap mags. All from patrolbase

Also, if i can afford it (doubtful), i am going to buy an m320 to replace my m203, mainly for looks, but also because the 320 has sights i can use with tag rounds =P

Just took delivery of a custom kydex holster with L2 retention for my FNX 45. It’s fitted on a safariland qls fork so I can quickly swap it out on my belt.

C87E7C1F-6094-4B36-8372-E44FADF90621.jpeg

938BEF8C-BE13-479A-B53F-09771E7BA8F3.jpeg

https://www.egtactical.com/red-dot/277-423-a-aevolutiongear-2020ver-exps3-0-sight-mil-spec-marking.html#/41-color-fde

https://www.egtactical.com/magnifier/342-618-g43.html#/41-color-fde

a-aevolutiongear-2020ver-exps3-0-sight-m

g43.jpg

Gonna make a review of them both since I can't find any, wanna try this 2020ver EXPS before I drop money on a real one.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

BUT playing devils advocate the good thing with having the TM recoil sat in a cupboard unused for mths and mths is when you do finally pick it up again you 100% know it’s going to work just as perfectly as when you bought it , whereas with the cheap gun the gods of airsoft will cast there bones of good and bad luck to decide wether it’ll still work just to feck with you ? 😳

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

BUT playing devils advocate the good thing with having the TM recoil sat in a cupboard unused for mths and mths is when you do finally pick it up again you 100% know it’s going to work just as perfectly as when you bought it , whereas with the cheap gun the gods of airsoft will cast there bones of good and bad luck to decide wether it’ll still work just to feck with you ? 😳

I would disagree with that. Fancy gun = fancy problems.

1 hour ago, paradoxum said:

https://www.egtactical.com/red-dot/277-423-a-aevolutiongear-2020ver-exps3-0-sight-mil-spec-marking.html#/41-color-fde

https://www.egtactical.com/magnifier/342-618-g43.html#/41-color-fde

a-aevolutiongear-2020ver-exps3-0-sight-m

g43.jpg

Gonna make a review of them both since I can't find any, wanna try this 2020ver EXPS before I drop money on a real one.

I recently picked up these from Real Airsoft UK on eBay:781125576_20210316_223106(2).thumb.jpg.7fbeb6f719ffa853c8fb8db6bbc0db8a.jpg

For clones they're pretty good. Only issue i have is, to get the correct eye relief on the G43 I've had to remove the rear iron sight. the G33 may have been a better option for me. Package had the 558, G43, batteries, Scopecoat, EoTech stickers and a really solid storage box.

Jambo.jpg.20834d72a98b2d4ea00877612bbd8065.jpg

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Eh, I'm assuming the initial sentiment from @Druid799 was more aimed toward a TM NGRS rather than a Prommy NGRS. The biggest element of the equation being QC (whether it's a stock RIF or one with aftermarket bits in it), generally speaking experience would tell me TM QC is superior to mostly everyone elses so assuming you're running it with the recommended amount of juice and the like I think I agree with the initial statement... but as with anything airsoft there is a healthy degree of luck in there either way. I'm very much out of the loop on AEG things but I'd assume the main things that would die while an AEG is in storage would be electronics (lingering moisture) and o-rings (drying out)?

• Supporters

And I would disagree with your disagreement 😁 (@alxndrhll is spot on hadn’t picked up your on about ‘upgraded’ TM’s due to the wording😉)I have 7 TM recoils all are totally stock Bar deans adapters and there all functioning fine and the oldest will be 14yr old this yr and 2nd will be 12yr old and all the rest fit in between those ages and 3yrs for the youngest . The oldest will some times not be touched for over a year due to its specific set up(the others can run for mths and mths with out use) but pick it up stick a battery in it and it runs fine . Yet a Dboys SR I bought for a movie themed loadout was used for a couple of mths then left for 6 or 7mths ? And on trying it to sell it was totally locked and the same thing happened to an army armourment SA80 I had , left for near a year wouldn’t work when tried . 👍

In my experience the cheap pot metal has a tendency to become brittle over time (and in some cases expand & cause lockups). I bought some Chinese guns pre-VCRA and while they were all fine to begin with they all suffered from this issue over time and needed replacement parts after a few years or so regardless of use.

OTOH all of the Tokyo Marui guns I have from that time are still fine, with the oldest being close to 20 years old now.

Same.  I had the rail on a plastic bodied M4 warp with enough power to snap at the retaining screw and curl up like a Quaver.  Just sitting in storage.  Warped CYMA Thompson receiver, weakened Galaxy MP5K mag release.  Bloody monkey metal.

I've had no issues with TM or WA stuff though.

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Eh, I'm assuming the initial sentiment from @Druid799 was more aimed toward a TM NGRS rather than a Prommy NGRS.

Fair enough, guess my mind just immediately thought of a Gate Titan etc. In all my years playing airsoft, I think I've only ever come across one stock NGRS and one stock VSR.

12 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Fair enough, guess my mind just immediately thought of a Gate Titan etc. In all my years playing airsoft, I think I've only ever come across one stock NGRS and one stock VSR.

That's one more stock VSR than I've seen in 15 years of being in/around the hobby 😅

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

My self and my three team mates who run TM recoils all run them stock , only ones I’ve ever had upgraded (two by professionals and one by a ‘tinkerer’) all went tits up . My pet theory on the subject is as its a well known fact TM only care about the home market and quite frankly couldn’t give a flying fornication about what the rest of the world ‘needs’ or wants all there guns are made to the finest tolerances to suit the very strict fps rules they have there in Japan . Hence once you do start ‘fiddling’ with them your going to alter those tolerances and basically unless you do a total ‘gut and rebuild’ sometime in the near future your gun is going to implode (as happened to the three I had) where as my stock guns are still running fine even up to 14yrs later . About all I’ve ever done to them maintenance wise is every couple of yrs I’ll take the motor off and give em a blast with a can of silicon oil up in to the gearbox but that’s it , even still got the original hop rubbers in them (except one G36 I put a maple leaf hop rubber and nub in to see if it would increase the range, it didn’t ! 🤦‍♂️) just my humble personal opinion , but this does come with the caveat of when ‘opinions’ are voiced just remember  “an opinion is like an arse hole , everybody has one and there frequently full of shit !” 😉👍😁