The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest Mr. No_Face
3 minutes ago, Skara said:

The same stuff that just happened but then degenerated in a series of personal attacks which eventually ended up with Duff being banned and the catchphrase "you pulled a Duff" being coined.

Duff sounds like an interesting guy. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Nice! Be interesting to see if it's all it's cracked up to be!

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Any issues with mounting in/on the outer barrel? I know that some E&Ls need new holes drilling to marry up to the front of the GB properly.

i know i'm like 3 pages back here, but the CU hop unit is my go-to hop unit for ak's and fits e&l/lct just fine.

runs macarons and pdi just fine, and can be a bit of wrestling to get it into the gun but you get it setup right it's solid as anything.

reminds me i need another for my latest acquisition......

edit: anyone know any uk shops do them? if i go to GS imma bankrupt myself.....

55 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Should just let it roll as this shit is what always made this forum better than the over moderated ones.

Just wish I had seen it when jumping in would of still been fun.

kinda missed it myself, feel like it went very out of proportion from my original intent, still gives me some light evenings reading to actually go through it properly rather than skim it in 5 minutes this morning.

• Supporters

If an Aimpoint T-2 is an instagram fitness model that occasionally posts lingerie pics that thing is the ginger extra plus sized alt girl that sneaks in to your recommendations and you think 'that's different.. probably has a couple thousand follows amongst the more niche audience' but it turns out she actually has over a million.

Suits the vector pretty well tbh.

Guest Mr. No_Face
32 minutes ago, Piman said:

I think it looks great on the MCX Virtus.

Sig-Sauer-bravo-4-3-768x356.png.bdd7f1aefdab4748acf043d66e103792.png

It certainly fits this rig, but that overly skeletonized rail looks atrocious.

The amount of dirt and filth you'd be cleaning out of this after the game days too....

On 17/03/2021 at 12:56, Skara said:

Barrel length does not affect range nor accuracy on its own, it affects the energy output and the cylinder to barrel volume ratio.

Actually over the years we have seen better performance from shorter barrels than with longer ones.

Also tight bores cause more issues than benefits.

Back on topic:

Just received a new ZCI 6.02x247 because my previous one has some nasty shit inside that throws my bbs way off. The old one will be used for experiments

Along with it, a pair of SHS nozzles with o-rings to enhance the seal on my M4s and two of those round brass delayers that should help with the increased nozzle length (21.45mm instead of the stock 21.30).

And a bottle of what I thought was silicone oil but turned out to be silicone spray -.-

On the "should arrive within the next Ice Age" list:

bunch of parts for the AK from @ak2m4 and my replacement PTS EPG grip + a bottle of proper silicone oil from Emperion (hopefully they'll throw in one of their dank patches too)

As expected, the ak2m4 parcel was delivered before the one from Emperion, which was ordered 3 days ago.

Fucking bullshit postal service -.-

48 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Must be fun working for sig

Thats some premium psychoactive substances theyre giving their design team.....

Apparently a deliberate policy to break up “typical” sight outlines.

TBH I don’t give a shit what it looks like, it has a 40% larger field of view than a standard 4x prism sight 😎

A few boring bits to throw in the VSR, some pouches for my TRMRs (and patch) from Andy at TacBelts, an additional Spiritus pistol mag sleeve and AXL Microfight Hi-top Zipper to finish off the CQB chest rig. Initial plan is to plug this into the AirLite harness, but that’ll depend on whether I can be arse swapping out hardware. Also have a Ferro Mini Dangler on the way which is super exciting as the final piece of the puzzle in a few of my load bearing setups.

ABA1C5CD-16A1-4303-9FF4-7E81CA2273FA.thumb.jpeg.505a665f86dead33d7dc279a7432adbe.jpeg

14 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

A few boring bits to throw in the VSR, some pouches for my TRMRs (and patch) from Andy at TacBelts, an additional Spiritus pistol mag sleeve and AXL Microfight Hi-top Zipper to finish off the CQB chest rig. Initial plan is to plug this into the AirLite harness, but that’ll depend on whether I can be arse swapping out hardware. Also have a Ferro Mini Dangler on the way which is super exciting as the final piece of the puzzle in a few of my load bearing setups.

ABA1C5CD-16A1-4303-9FF4-7E81CA2273FA.thumb.jpeg.505a665f86dead33d7dc279a7432adbe.jpeg

Thought you'd given-up on sniping?

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Your picture's dead - what did you buy?

Odd.

It's an ASG M11 with 2 mags and a suppressor. From old site favourite @Duff in fact!

20210319_130140.thumb.jpg.e07a4250378dd5459bdf8e95b3db2f5f.jpg

Loadout getting closer to completion with today's deliveries:

• Warrior Assault Systems Gen 2 Hydration pack in Coyote and Pentagon Raptor baseball cap, which probably won't be for skirmishing but it was only about £7 from UK Tactical 
  • Mechanix M-Pact gloves, also in Coyote and Blue Force Gear sling mount from Tactical Kit
  • PTS EPS for the 416 and a bonus pack of paedo pellets from Dave's Custom Airsoft

Still a few more bits and pieces to go to give me a few options for different plate carrier and/or chest rig setups, but going well. 

Jambo.jpg.ce0b5010223e4932b621af40eab458a4.jpg

• Supporters
Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

I didn't frequent these forums much at the point when things kicked off with him, but I've heard he's quite a character.

Yeah, he isn't everyone's cup of tea! I met him in person at Red Alert and have been playing with him (oo-er) for a while. He's alright, just liked to wind people up on the internet (and sometimes took it a bit far). He's actually selling off most of his airsoft gear if you now anyone in the market for a tricked up SRS with a load of bits and bobs.