The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just now, gavinkempsell said:

Do you have pouches they'll fit in?

I struggled with my m4 type mags(even the double mag pouches), so got some from the classifieds on here.

Lemme go check.....

They fit fine in my Osprey rig, although, not the official pouches - the flap doesn't reach over enough.  I have some Viper pouches on it with elastic straps, and they seem fine.

On my lightweight rig, they don't fit the regular pouches, but might go in the internal zipped ones.

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Standby for some potentially daft questions in the Gas Section.

Good man! No such things as daft questions either. I mean, that's not strictly true, but you know, ask away.

Now you'll be on the look out for the bulk buy gas offers! 

34 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Now you'll be on the look out for the bulk buy gas offers! 

I run a heating and plumbing business.....  I have bought one of those Adapters for plumbing blow torch gas.  Should be with me next week. 😎

Picked up a KAC PDW by Double Bell today. Initial impressions are good as it seems well put together with no creaking or rattles. I'll put up a more detailed post when I've managed to take a good look at it

Quickly went out and bought some wet weather gear as it's supposed to be horrendous tomorrow. Surplus Goretex DPM jacket and trousers as I couldn't get MTP. Hopefully the Goretex lining has held up all these years and I don't get soaked through. At least skin is waterproof :)

Grabbed a US style poncho just in case of showers that don't warrant full wets.

it's called a smoke wolf silencer and I bought it from top boost toys but I won't recommend them. I can't find it anywhere else but maybe you will. it looks like boost have a few other sites with boost in the name so be cautious.

21 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

it's called a smoke wolf silencer and I bought it from top boost toys but I won't recommend them. I can't find it anywhere else but maybe you will. it looks like boost have a few other sites with boost in the name so be cautious.

Pros and cons bro?

Pro's: it looks as cool as fuck :)

with a few shots in semi there's a nice cloud forming at the muzzle but doesn't stink of cordite

the amber light hitting the cloud gives a good flash effect

it has 3 settings for volume and on the 3rd setting it pumps out quite a bit of smoke

Con's: it has no practical purpose, a bit like an airsoft gun :)

it doesn't have an on/off switch, you need to disconnect the battery

it will run out of liquid, even with the 2 supplied bottles with it so a source of liquid will need to be found (mind you 1/16 scale RC tanks use the same liquid for the tank exhaust so shouldn't be hard to find).

It doesn't have a tracer built in which is a shame.

on that last point I'm going to fit the internals and a spitfire tracer into a long silencer to make it even cooler, just as soon as I can find the blooming thing.

Even with a broken bone in my wrist at the moment, I'm going to fit it to my MK46 recoil on Sunday for shits & giggles.

4 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

with a few shots in semi there's a nice cloud forming at the muzzle but doesn't stink of cordite

it has 3 settings for volume and on the 3rd setting it pumps out quite a bit of smoke

it will run out of liquid, even with the 2 supplied bottles with it so a source of liquid will need to be found (mind you 1/16 scale RC tanks use the same liquid for the tank exhaust so shouldn't be hard to find).

on that last point I'm going to fit the internals and a spitfire tracer into a long silencer to make it even cooler, just as soon as I can find the blooming thing.

Even with a broken bone in my wrist at the moment, I'm going to fit it to my MK46 recoil on Sunday for shits & giggles.

Let us know how it performs on the mk46. 

As really intrigued. 

After I nearly bought a stock KC02 to build up gradually, I ended up buying this instead from @Alimcd 

IMG_20230829_231049.thumb.jpg.d30e5041b9d344ccce46764c2dfb10cd.jpg

It's absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to give it an outing at The MAW on the 10th!

On 01/09/2023 at 21:08, mightyjebus said:

Looks cool. Why wouldn't you recommend the site though?

On 01/09/2023 at 22:37, mightyjebus said:

I have one of those suppressors as well and it is indeed cool. I have mine fitted on my VFC M249.

I have fitted a tracer into my one by removing the front cap and replacing it with the front cap of a boneyard Spitfire tracer, then fitting an acetech brighter R (with rear cap removed and some tape to centralise the tracer unit) in the space where the spring normally sits behind the generator.

With regards to the fluid, I have read that you can make your own using distilled water and vegetable glycerine, but I have yet to try it myself.  (Or the same fluid for model trains/tanks should work)

Used it at AWA Herts the other week, and the  combination of GBB M249 and smoke generator suppressor definately drew a lot of attention

3 hours ago, MrTea said:

Looks cool. Why wouldn't you recommend the site though?

Only issue I had with the website was the tracking number for my order.

Initial tracking number didn't work, but I got an email with a new tracking number that did work.  Within a couple of weeks of ordering, I had it in my hands, and no hassle with customs

That's scarey! 👍