Why the sudden hype?

Pupa2794

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No I don't think you're missing anything, those were pretty much my thoughts when I saw it. 

I prefer the look of the real mp9 and would instinctively trust KWA more than Vorsk.

But it does seem to have a nice rate of fire (as for the original), they've taken a fairly reliable design and allegedly improved it, and first impressions from YouTube videos are that it's good.  So I have something of an interest in it, in spite of logic 😋

https://youtu.be/gKr7sdsPNLw

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

A friend went to a Vorsk open day this saturday just gone. The rep said the VPM mags will fit their new release next year, the VMR. Whatever that may be, though he allegedly hinted at a GBBR.

25 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

Maybe a proper styre tmp? 

I had a KSC TMP. That's what morphed into the KSC MP9 and has then been cloned into the vorsk. That would be a good uno reverse card if they made a TMP. 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

A friend went to a Vorsk open day this saturday just gone.

Am I imagining it, or is "Vorsk" just another sub-brand of Nuprol, like Raven?  Like, two rebrandings (minimum) away from an actual OEM.

34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Am I imagining it, or is "Vorsk" just another sub-brand of Nuprol, like Raven?  Like, two rebrandings (minimum) away from an actual OEM.

Yes it's just another subdivision of the Nuprol brand. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup. I'm just waiting for all the "why has my Vorsk smg stopped working?" threads.

14 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

Northeast have the GBB uzi pretty well covered though. 

True had forgotten about that one. Something other than a M4 or PCC monstrosity is still welcome.

They seem to be pushing it hard as the new best thing (but which manufacturer doesn't) they even had one for sale at the on-site store at ambush last Sunday.

As everyone has said it's because it's not an M4 and it's a gbb that isn't a hicapa with a few different cuts on the slide.

Also the vorsk reputation hasn't been linked to poor reliability with the general Airsoft market unlike the raven subdivision.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Speedy Sloth said:

Also the vorsk reputation hasn't been linked to poor reliability with the general Airsoft market unlike the raven subdivision.

Yet.

• Supporters
On 13/07/2023 at 07:41, Rogerborg said:

I always thought raven was WE’s budget brand 🤔🤷‍♂️

I don't get the hype either. The KWA mp9 has been out for a while and is pretty nice. Mine is snappy on semi and has a solid ROF on full auto. I've swapped out the hop and barrel for the TNT retrofit kit and it's got silly range and can shoot silly weight BBs if I really wanted to, but I keep to .32s in woodland and .28s in CQB and it performs amazingly well.

I also think the Vorsk is ugly and I don't trust them as I don't trust any of the Nuprol-adjacent brands. Give me a regular KWA mp9 any day. 

I don't like the look of the thing, but I love my mp9. Having said that if it brings a parts catalogue to the UK then I'll be please as my mp9s hammer gave way last time out.

On 20/07/2023 at 19:14, concretesnail said:

I don't like the look of the thing, but I love my mp9. Having said that if it brings a parts catalogue to the UK then I'll be please as my mp9s hammer gave way last time out.

This was my big takeaway from it, especially after Neg Air's video on it using the internals to revive his old TMP. I'm tempted to get one just as a base for 3d printed builds

• 2 weeks later...

Probably something to do with the fact that the KWA MP9 is out of stock everywhere and everybody just wants a GBB-thingy that they can actually get their hands on brand-new.

Plus MP9 owners can now get alright mags for cheap, so it's a win-win despite how ugly the thing is.

Do you remember that film where the ad agency came up with honest adverts?

"Volvo. They're boxy, but good"

That always stuck with me for some reason (therefore: a good ad!).

The problem with the Vorsk is it's boxy, and not necessarily good.    However I think it could be improved quite a bit with a decent foregrip, and a PEQ box on the side, and a decent sight on top, to break up the "box with rif rails" look.  Oh, and the suppressor.

15 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Do you remember that film where the ad agency came up with honest adverts?

"Volvo. They're boxy, but good"

That always stuck with me for some reason (therefore: a good ad!).

The problem with the Vorsk is it's boxy, and not necessarily good.    However I think it could be improved quite a bit with a decent foregrip, and a PEQ box on the side, and a decent sight on top, to break up the "box with rif rails" look.  Oh, and the suppressor.

Meanwhile, the greatest improvement to the VMP's looks...

hhqvng.png

Pisstaking aside I think you might be onto something. If you could break up the silhouette of just 'plastic brick with a handle' it might be bareable enough to use (if you're stevie wonder, anyway). I'd still take a KWA MP9 for a few quid extra any-day if they were in bloody stock anywhere.

Edited by pyromancer6

If you go for the RIS rail version of the MP9, there's really not that much between them, except for the angled front face (and the Vorsk's slightly too look-at-me detailing with the stock, and detail on the receiver)

1163629473_mp9vsvmp1.jpg.a6669271e98d77849d909c329b79808d.jpg

So yeah, a forward slanting foregrip is going to make a decent difference... there's not much doubt this is the most handsome...

1418410739_mp9foregrip.jpg.02fde0ddc15a6f842f253cac1763aa40.jpg

If I'm in the market for a compact GBB SMG (and I am), then £200 for a new one has its appeal.   The only warning sign is the number that have already popped up for sale in the classifieds.   Is that because GBB SMGs are inherently a niche choice, or people are disappointed they can't compete with an AEG assault rifle, or because the Vorsk itself is shit?    I'd like to know.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.